Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This place is full of crazy levels of gullibility nowadays. It’s at the level of Talking Reds believing a member called “Robben’s Dad” spouting about Robben joining us on the Forum in 2004. Don’t believe any ITKs I reckon.

GreatDane

This place is full of crazy levels of gullibility nowadays. It’s at the level of Talking Reds believing a member called “Robben’s Dad” spouting about Robben joining us on the Forum in 2004. Don’t believe any ITKs I reckon.
True but "Robben's Dad" is clearly made up. "Daddy Jassim" I'll believe any day of the week however.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Did you just come in, misinterpret people taking the piss out of some of these sources and try to make yourself sound like some big brain know-it-all?

Yes, you did and it's peak irony.

cyberman

To be fair he was 99 percent a United player until Kenyon stabbed us in the back

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Did you just come in, misinterpret people taking the piss out of some of these sources and try to make yourself sound like some big brain know-it-all?

Yes, you did and it's peak irony.
No, came in with a general tongue in cheek observation and light hearted memory.

the_cliff

Haven't seen anything from Al Kass Sports Channel on this so not sure where this is coming from. Also posting before people get all giddy.

Pickle85

Haven't seen anything from Al Kass Sports Channel on this so not sure where this is coming from. Also posting before people get all giddy.
Yeah can't see anything on their timeline on this either but then I don't read Arabic!

the_cliff

Yeah can't see anything on their timeline on this either but then I don't read Arabic!
I read Arabic, hence the post.

Can't see anything on their site or their twitter account.

It says they’re owned by the Qatari government according to Wikipedia. Make of that what you will.
They are. I'm aware of them. They're the equivalent of bbc sport for Qatar. Problem is I can't find any actual report from them on their site or twitter feed. So not sure where that tweet is coming from.

Yorke to Cole

I read Arabic, hence the post.

Can't see anything on their site or their twitter account.

They are. I'm aware of them. They're the equivalent of bbc sport for Qatar. Problem is I can't find any actual report from them on their site or twitter feed. So not sure where that tweet is coming from.
Where they have got it from is that @qatari bloke. He is associated with the station alkass TV, so therefore they have made the link. It is not the TV station itself posting it.

We have to wait and see. The stock price has gone up though.

Last edited:

the_cliff

Where they have got it from is that @qatari bloke. He is associated with the station alkass TV, so therefore they have made the link. It is not the TV station itself posting it.

We have to wait and see. The stock proce has gone up though.
Oh ok, they made it seem like it was an official announcement from Al Kass. Was wondering why it didn't spread like wildfire because if it was announced or reported on Al Kass Tv then it means it's done.

In terms of Mohammad Al Kaabi (The Qatari guy you speak of on twitter), he's just a guest on their Majlis (Equivalent to MOTD of their league) show and isn't really as big a journalist as being claimed. So I'd still take it with a pinch of salt.

The equivalent here would be Danny Murphy breaking news of a takeover on his twitter account....

nainaisson

Every video released by those clickbait scum since the international break started has Sheikh Jassim as the thumbnail. So, naturally, they're going to do the same thing for their Twitter account -- even making up a story that doesn't exist, I guess.

Yorke to Cole

Oh ok, they made it seem like it was an official announcement from Al Kass. Was wondering why it didn't spread like wildfire because if it was announced or reported on Al Kass Tv then it means it's done.

In terms of Mohammad Al Kaabi (The Qatari guy you speak of on twitter), he's just a guest on their Majlis (Equivalent to MOTD of their league) show and isn't really as big a journalist as being claimed. So I'd still take it with a pinch of salt.

The equivalent here would be Danny Murphy breaking news of a takeover on his twitter account....
You never know. Maybe the gentleman in question does know something. ( I know people on here have not given him much attention) but as I say you never know.

He is posting a lot of news on the Gaza conflict at this present time.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

feck sake this made me chuckle

Pes6Monster

You never know. Maybe the gentleman in question does know something. ( I know people on here have not given him much attention) but as I say you never know.

He is posting a lot of news on the Gaza conflict at this present time.
IHe isn't posting 'news' as much as he is posting full-on support. One image is of a paraglider. Dodgy to say the least.

It hasn't stopped the Daily Star or Express from re-posting his material.

LIKE & RT so that everyone understands the future of the club.
Like most propaganda, it refuses to discuss the underlying political nature of Qatar's state bid whilst making promises (investing in youth, the local area, we hate the Glazers etc.) to distract criticism.

I'm surprised David Beckham didnt narrate it.

Last edited:

buchansleftleg

I'm hoping that Beckham finally saying something about the club sale is an indication that something is close to happening.

All we need now is for the Qatari's to get some rules changed so he can sit in the stands at games in full kit.

When the manager plays his "Joker" card, David can come down from the stands to hit one Free Kick or corner to help us get any last minute goals required.

MDFC Manager

I'm hoping that Beckham finally saying something about the club sale is an indication that something is close to happening.

All we need now is for the Qatari's to get some rules changed so he can sit in the stands at games in full kit.

When the manager plays his "Joker" card, David can come down from the stands to hit one Free Kick or corner to help us get any last minute goals required.
We'll manage to turn even Beckham's set pieces into shite

Status
Not open for further replies.