Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Widow

He's an arrogant cnut who loves the sound of his own voice and also thinks he's the second coming of Pep Guardiola because he now hangs out with Rio Ferdinand and manages a Sunday league team.
You don't know him then? He's actually a sound bloke but does it really matter? I mean, you sound like a complete prick but I wouldn't know with not actually knowing you.

crossy1686

career ending
You don't know him then? He's actually a sound bloke but does it really matter? I mean, you sound like a complete prick but I wouldn't know with not actually knowing you.
People have a problem with these 'fan channels' because they speak with the authority that they're speaking on behalf of all United fans when the reality is they only say shit that gets them engagement, and the more they realise a certain topic gets them engagement, the more they talk about it, and talk like they actually know something or have some form of insight.

Its essentially a social experiment as to what happens when you give some gobshite too much attention and a platform.

MegadrivePerson

I'll have you know that Sean from Enderby literally has #NeverWrong in his bio, so checkmate, mate.
In fairness to Sean if you look at his account he's never been wrong. Apart from the time he said Bellingham to United was a done deal and when he said that Poch to United was done, and when he said that Grealish wants to move to Old Trafford.

Woziak

A matter of time does not mean soon. It means the direction of travel is inevitable toward one outcome, but the time is unknown, hence "it's just a matter of time" . If they wanted to imply soon, they'd say soon.

The journalist came on a youtube channel to give proper context on his article too, which you have appeared to ignore.
Whilst I don’t want to interfere in your conversation, there is also matter of the club declaring its fourth periodic financial quarter and the final end of year annual financial report. This really must be done within the 2-3 weeks maximum and if there is a potential sale, then this must also be reported to all NYSE shareholders or at least outlined.

So it could be journalists are just putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, maybe the chancers on Twitter/X could have actually taken a punt just like Custis and finally they got it right.

Assuming Custis was an ITK, he was once quite close to David Gill but not Fergie, let’s say hypothetically he had some insight and the Qataris have being doing a full due diligence and now things between them and the Glazers have come to a conclusion and a final sale has been agreed .

Even if the paperwork and a full deal was done, initially only the 69% Class B shares would be bought, allowing SJ to become the owner, this would still take 4-6 weeks make payments, pass PL fit and proper test, get an agreement from Uefa.

Then they would probably do a 100 day review, so from December 16th to the end of March. My guess is initially they might only put three or four people in so Arnold gets the boot and SJ puts his man in as CEO and then adds someone like Beckham as a board Director in a more hands on roll than say Bobby Charlton had but similar type lifetime ambassador.

You can 100% bet they will put their own Financial Director in from week one. I think every other decision would be made after the club had a full review, unless Paul Mitchel is a serious option and already spoken too.

If that’s the case they might bring him in above Murtough and Fletcher initially just to see what’s going on in that area. Fletcher will survive because he played for the club but in a different roll.

During that 100 day review, they will also be able to do a full analysis of stadium, training ground, youth and women’s team while at the same time making an enterprise value offer of the remaining Class A shares.

I think after they have settled the £700m debt they might invest £200m into a potential Winter Transfer Chest to give ETH a chance to make CL, but he’ll soon realise what he may have wished for as his dream owners will soon becomes his worst nightmare because after he’s spent more money in January on say Ivan Toney, Antonio Silva and Nicola Barella and still can’t get a tune out of the club he’s gone by March 2024!

Roboc7

It was inevitable that the international break would generate a lot of nonsense regarding the takeover without any real substance to it.

Not convinced the Glazers know what they are going to do so everything we hear feels like nothing more than guess work. Could be months before an offer is accepted and then a lot longer to finalise potentially. The January transfer is already a write off under the Glazers and now seems plausible they may even still be running the club for the summer window.

Woziak

That's the trouble with recent international breaks it always leads to false crap about takeover
Totally agree but no report of last years financial accounts makes the Twitter posts at least interesting, should nothing happen as per the normal Rinse, repeat, rinse stories?

I’d say we are stuck with the Glazers for a minimum of another 12 months but possibly 3-6 years so let’s hope this time there is some truth behind the rumours.

Offsideagain

Agree with Woziak, this stuff is more technical than just writing a cheque. If it was agreed today, I reckon it would be close to the end of the season before any real action happens. Five years to design and build a new stadium, if planning permission was granted of course and perhaps the same timescale for a state of the art training facility. All we have to do then is sort of which players we keep and who to buy. I sincerely hope we get some proper football guys on the board and stop paying stupid money for bang average players on huge wages that we can't sell later. I'm not convinced any of the journo's and YouTubers know any more than the bloke that runs our chippy:cool:

Yorke to Cole

Totally agree but no report of last years financial accounts makes the Twitter posts at least interesting, should nothing happen as per the normal Rinse, repeat, rinse stories?

I’d say we are stuck with the Glazers for a minimum of another 12 months but possibly 3-6 years so let’s hope this time there is some truth behind the rumours.
Is that because of the minority offer by Ratcliffe?

MegadrivePerson

It was inevitable that the international break would generate a lot of nonsense regarding the takeover without any real substance to it.

Not convinced the Glazers know what they are going to do so everything we hear feels like nothing more than guess work. Could be months before an offer is accepted and then a lot longer to finalise potentially. The January transfer is already a write off under the Glazers and now seems plausible they may even still be running the club for the summer window.
They could stick it out for years now that we are seeing vast amounts of Saudi money enter the game.

stevoc

A matter of time does not mean soon. It means the direction of travel is inevitable toward one outcome, but the time is unknown, hence "it's just a matter of time" . If they wanted to imply soon, they'd say soon.
Well I suppose it can be interpreted that way but given the context of the article it appeard to be implying the takeover would be going through relatively soon (or at least that the Qatari's thought it would). That's how the vast majority of people interpreted it as you well know.

The journalist came on a youtube channel to give proper context on his article too, which you have appeared to ignore.
Because it's irrelevant mate, I'm discussing what Bloomberg reported on their site in print. Not some guff one of their journalists may or may not have spouted on a fan podcast that doesn't fall under the purview of being reported by Bloomberg. He probably only went onto Youtube to 'clarify' it when it became apparent no actual takeover by Qatar was happening any time soon.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well I suppose it can be interpreted that way but given the context of the article it appeard to be implying the takeover would be going through relatively soon (or at least that the Qatari's thought it would). That's how the vast majority of people interpreted it as you well know.
The vast majority where interpreted it how? I dont recall this - anyway my point is he didn't say it would be soon. He also caveated it was under the current bid structure from Ratcliffe which since changed.

Because it's irrelevant mate, I'm discussing what Bloomberg reported on their site in print. Not some guff one of their journalists may or may not have spouted on a fan podcast that doesn't fall under the purview of being reported by Bloomberg. He probably only went onto Youtube to 'clarify' it when it became apparent no actual takeover by Qatar was happening any time soon.
It's not irrelevant. The writer who penned the article came on to give context on his article and why he thought Qatar would win (because his sources on the side of Ratcliffe + United board stated unsease from Class A Shareholders around his bid).

My point is the same -Bloomberg didn't say it would be completed soon. Their premise of Qatar being sole runners was also based on the premise that Ratcliffe doesn't change his bid - which he now has.

Woziak

Is that because of the minority offer by Ratcliffe?
Yep I think it’s an offer that Joel and Avram will pretend to accept to try and get SJ to raise the bid, we are still in a stalemate irrespective of what ITK tweeters are saying it’s just hyperbole?

The Goblins want £6 billion, they might accept £5.5-5.7bn

Pes6Monster

Beckham: It's the right time...
It's alleged Qatar cannot increase their bid as they need to reserve billions for Beckham's appearance fees.

Seriously though, Beckham's PR guff is worthy of a PM. Handpicked interviews and interlocutors, non-answers, telling chumlies what they want to hear, vacuous and detail free, rehearsed soundbite laden. It's impressive and supercilious.

In fairness, he isn't wrong. He wasn't about then, he was warming Madrid's bench, but the right time for the Glazers to do one was long before Qatar fancied an EPL franchise (which is what they'll become) for which to sportswash. The minute they completed their transaction was.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This could actually be significant. If the talksport report of beckham being involved was right and now he’s coming out and saying this… I’m believing.

Widow

People have a problem with these 'fan channels' because they speak with the authority that they're speaking on behalf of all United fans when the reality is they only say shit that gets them engagement, and the more they realise a certain topic gets them engagement, the more they talk about it, and talk like they actually know something or have some form of insight.

Its essentially a social experiment as to what happens when you give some gobshite too much attention and a platform.
I watch it because the blokes are funny AND I grew up with and still see Ste often.

RORY65

David Beckham is out doing more publicity work to promote his new documentary on Netflix and he starts talking more, crazy!

laughtersassassin

I'll be happy with any new majority owner at this point. At least a reputable source is discussing it again. Maybe things are picking up.

Widow

That's different, I'd watch it if I knew the guys and agreed with them but personally I don't like the fact that some random bloke who I don't know wants to speak on my behalf.
That's fair enough. I don't always agree with their views but I do like to see if other people's opinions match my own. I honestly like the lads on there which is not always the case with some of these channels

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From the article

Deliberations are ongoing and there’s no certainty they’ll result in a transaction. While the Glazer family is closer than ever to finding a palatable deal, the situation remains fluid and the Qatari group could still increase its bid, the people said. [Bloomberg]

Status
Not open for further replies.