Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

Wonder if recent events turned off the rest of the Glazer family? ie Qatar threatening to cut oil in support of Palestine.. some things bigger than money after all

paulscholes18

feck sake, long term mediocrity here we go, we will now officially go longer without winning the league then we did from 67-92 and winni the CL then we did from 68-99. feck the greedy owners and feck Jim ratcliffe

Telsim

The Glazers with an absolute blinder, to be honest. There was never going to be a full sale. Played the stock market, the Qatari and Jim Glazer like a fiddle. Eventually got the latter to give them money for the opportunity to invest in their club, while they remain in full control and reap the benefits. Now they just have to chill for a few years until he dies, and then it's anyone's game. This is just brilliant.

The club is obviously finished, but I have to respect their acumen.

AFC NimbleThumb

The sole 100% ownership bud has been withdrawn & people are celebrating the potential of the Glazers staying on because. . . Human Rights because of course Petro-Chemical companies don’t devestate communities.

The hypocrisy on this site never ceases to outdo itself.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
The Glazers with an absolute blinder, to be honest. There was never going to be a full sale. Played the stock market, the Qatari and Jim Glazer like a fiddle. Eventually got the latter to give them money for the opportunity to invest in their club, while they remain in full control and reap the benefits. Now they just have to hold out for a few years until he dies, and then it's anyone's game. This is just brilliant.

The club is obviously finished, but I have to respect their acumen.
How is it a blinder, they've not made a penny?

Fridge chutney

I'm deadly serious when I say I'd rather have us in the state we're in now than have us become another City.

I've never experience a more soulless sporting atmosphere than the Etihad. Nothing even close.
Couldn't agree more, but i'm surprised about your perspective on this topic given your username!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm deadly serious when I say I'd rather have us in the state we're in now than have us become another City.

I've never experience a more soulless sporting atmosphere than the Etihad. Nothing even close.
Fans create the atmosphere. It isn't the stadium. Put our fans in there and it would be bouncing.

L1nk

That is saying whoever is left if he pops his clogs actually wants to own United. He is the big boss. Doesn't mean the others will feel the same with him gone.
Well that’s the same scenario as anyone/company that owns anything isn’t it? Who would have taken over had SJ popped his clogs for example. These rats took over after Malcolm popped his and it seems lile half of them didnt want it, only Joel and Avram

Kaos

I blame that chancer Ratcliffe as much as I blame the Glazers. He refused to bow out of an auction he couldn't afford to compete with so in a final roll of the dice he throws the Glazers a bone and offers to get into bed with them, offering a minority investment. Best possible case for the Glazers, worst possible scenario for the fans.

Honestly feck him and the Glazers. Club is dead.

arnie_ni

I can't either. They are going on about Super Leagues etc. That will be for the successful clubs.
I know we are a juggernaut commercially but at some point our performance on the pitch has to effect that. It simply has to as people get older and younger generations come through and we're shite

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I’m guessing this means INEOS bid has been accepted. Qatar basically saying they “never wanted it anyway”. In the long run this is good. Clubs should never be owned by countries.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Bloody hell. Been dreaming of this day for months and I’m stuck in bed ill.

will have a few pints on Burton Road tomorrow to celebrate if I feel better.

DavidDeSchmikes

But But but, Rio Ferdinand said in June Qatari takeover of Manchester United was imminent.

ITK sources in the mud

Rojofiam

Wow that's really great news where did you get that from Yeah Right from Ever so credible and reliable Muppetiers it seems you aren't that dissimilar to Pro Qatari crowd whom you accuse of not using their brains . Next time please don't fall for Bs Merchants .

Apologies in advance it's all in good banter don't take it seriously . If any of the credible reports come with the similar info I would welcome it as well I guess most will now if that's the only way to get rid of Glazer's .
I don't trust him and his company nor do many on here so maybe stop trying to sway people when I have made up my mind
Sure, you are right to be skeptical, I'm not sure how reliable the guy is, but I consider him to be better than Twitter ITKs with accounts set up 5 months ago that assured everyone that Qatar had succeeded in buying the club back in April. He has gotten some things right and has tweeted takeover news just before The Times or other outlets put the same story out minutes later.

If the details about the newest Ineos story turn out to be very similar to what he claims in this latest video, I'll be inclined to believe he does have some contacts close to Ineos.

Jericholyte2

Not gonna lie, I’m gutted.

I’d done the mental gymnastics and accepted that being a sports washing operation was the only way we’d return to any sporting success, with appropriate investment in infrastructure.

Whilst I’m glad that we won’t have to become said sports washing operation, this is condemning us to also-rans for decades to come.

Newcastle will win the PL before we do next.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Well that’s the same scenario as anyone/company that owns anything isn’t it? Who would have taken over had SJ popped his clogs for example. These rats took over after Malcolm popped his and it seems lile half of them didnt want it, only Joel and Avram
You are right. There are probably loads of little rats ready to come out of the woodwork.

mu4c_20le

Not to the Glazers.
Mmm its unnecessary controversy. When i read the statement from Qatar, first thing that came to mind is that what if they get involved in some future conflict? Better to not be owned by a state at all...

L1nk

What the feck are you on about? They offered nearly twice the club's fecking valuation.
What the feck are you on about. Who cares if they offered double, clearly the Glazers wanted more than what they offered and Qatar for all their unlimited money, who could easily afford more, didn’t want to. If INEOS end up winning its because they were willing to be creative and negotiate, something SJ and his team could have done but instead he tried to win you all over with pledges of money and PR nonsense, as if the Glazers give two shits about 1.7 billion towards the community, maybe SJ should have put that 1.7 billion into the price for the club instead

Status
Not open for further replies.