Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This is mental. Sir Jim is 70.
His net spend with Nice is £122m so he does invest.
However, we all know he’s a minority shareholder at 25% so will have no power. The glazers probably did a deal that they’ll sell the next 25% in x years but that Jim will have to match what he currently is paying or what they can get on the open market, whatever is higher.

Those who didn’t want the Qatari money just need to know that he’ll invest elsewhere. If I’m him I’m thinking I can make Liverpool or Arsenal a global success and the pitch rebuild and in Arsenals case stadium is already done. We then have less spending power than City, possibly Newcastle, Chelsea and at least one other.
With us seemingly set to be associated with the glazers for years (decades?) to come, I don’t see a revolution on the pitch until we see a revolution off the pitch. The leeches don’t seem to ever want to let go. cnuts

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This is mental. Sir Jim is 70.
His net spend with Nice is £122m so he does invest.
However, we all know he’s a minority shareholder at 25% so will have no power. The glazers probably did a deal that they’ll sell the next 25% in x years but that Jim will have to match what he currently is paying or what they can get on the open market, whatever is higher.

Those who didn’t want the Qatari money just need to know that he’ll invest elsewhere. If I’m him I’m thinking I can make Liverpool or Arsenal a global success and the pitch rebuild and in Arsenals case stadium is already done. We then have less spending power than City, possibly Newcastle, Chelsea and at least one other.
Liverpool and Arsenal wont be cheap and neither of them are available to purchase. Most likely it will be some small club like Newcastle ( in terms of cost) which can be bought for less money.

amolbhatia50k

Liverpool and Arsenal wont be cheap and neither of them are available to purchase. Most likely it will be some small club like Newcastle ( in terms of cost) which can be bought for less money.
Cheaper than us and also closer to immediate success. Whether it’s them or a smaller club the logic remains the same.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We're probably never going to win a league again.

We're probably never going to win a European Cup again.

The best we can hope for is to play as a coherent team and win the odd domestic cup, and even the coherent football part seems outlandish considering the types of players we overspend on which always causes an imbalance.

I started following United because there were standards of excellence and attitude (or fighting spirit) required for success. They thrived for perfection, as Sir Matt Busby would have said.
This is so true and people forget that. Sir Matt himself said that he felt it was their duty to entertain the fans on a weekend after a hard weeks graft. Now, you're seen as spoilt for thinking like that.

We've seen little to no entertainment this past decade. Well, over a decade ago now!

pratyush_utd

Cheaper than us and also closer to immediate success. Whether it’s them or a smaller club the logic remains the same.
Yes its most likely will be a smaller club and they will spend like City or Newcastle. That is guaranteed. Just hope it isnt Leeds

JeffFromHK

Listen, all we need is a fair owner. The Glazers take all our earnings and pocket them for themselves. As long as Ratcliffe doesn't rob us like the Glazers we'll be fine. We're one of the biggest clubs in the world and make more money than anyone. We just need to be able to spend our own money.

At first it was just about getting rid of the Glazers, anyone but the Glazers. What happened to that? People are just being greedy and want unlimited amounts of wealth gifted to us, which we don't need. A fair owner is all we need. Also people are making Ractcliffe out to be some poor fellow, he's literally the second richest man in Britain and not far from being the richest. The tune changed from lots of people when Oil money got thrown into the equation. Then it wasn't about getting rid of the Glazers it was just people being pure greedy.
to be hoenst, I don't think "Glazers pocketing all our profits" is not the reason for our downfall in the past 10 years (it is just a cheap rhetoric invented by our fanbase/social media), since in the end we were still one of the biggest spenders in world football in the last decade. It is much more up to how you spend the money and making right sporting decisions. The club kept making dumb decisions after dumb decisions.

ElCholo

Supports
Boca
Kiss of the dead for this great club.
I grow up watching red nosed hardman screaming on the line :(
We were all jelous of you. Now when I more think...It was more him not Manchester United.
Debt will kill you (I am coming from family where everyone is involved in finance).
People like Jim, we call them rats... They are first to leave sinking ship.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
His share of the dividends it makes zero sense, why would you spend 1.5bn or whatever to make a paltry 3m per year... he won't even come close to breaking even considering he's 70.

The other 2 clubs have massively different requirements and goals than that of Manchester United so they are irrelevant.
He can make the money back within just 42 years.

pratyush_utd

Will there be a protest against the Glazers next week? Seems like Glazers are using the international break to force this move through.

Protest should be aimed at zero transparency in bidding process and the type of bids received. Plus demand for full sale as partial sale will mean they will stay for foreseeable future.
Think the agenda should be

a) Ratcliffe deal should be discussed with fan forums and the overall plan should be presented.
b) Competitive bids should also be disclosed and reason for rejection.
c) Ratcliffe plans for stadium development and debt management should be disclosed as these are important parameters that new financing was supposed to target.

Is MUST organised enough to carry out the protest and direct important questions towards the Glazers? We may still not get any answer from Glazers but massive protest might force their hand

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Well this is disappointing news. A minority purchase is basically the worst case resolution to the sale. The Glazers managed to get a whole lot of money, but still have control and we are unlikely to see any of that money actually flow into the actual club.

JPB

to be hoenst, I don't think "Glazers pocketing all our profits" is not the reason for our downfall in the past 10 years (it is just a cheap rhetoric invented by our fanbase/social media), since in the end we were still one of the biggest spenders in world football in the last decade. It is much more up to how you spend the money and making right sporting decisions. The club kept making dumb decisions after dumb decisions.
Well this highlights it even more.We've been one of the biggest spenders in world football for years despite us being robbed blind by our owners. We don't need unlimited Oil money. We were still competing at the top of the transfer market even though this was happening. Now imagine us not being robbed by our owners. A fair owner is all we need to improve drastically in the financial aspect.

amolbhatia50k

Well this is disappointing news. A minority purchase is basically the worst case resolution to the sale. The Glazers managed to get a whole lot of money, but still have control and we are unlikely to see any of that money actually flow into the actual club.
Absolutely. A good while before we see any meaningful change.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Listen, all we need is a fair owner. The Glazers take all our earnings and pocket them for themselves. As long as Ratcliffe doesn't rob us like the Glazers we'll be fine. We're one of the biggest clubs in the world and make more money than anyone. We just need to be able to spend our own money.

At first it was just about getting rid of the Glazers, anyone but the Glazers. What happened to that? People are just being greedy and want unlimited amounts of wealth gifted to us, which we don't need. A fair owner is all we need. Also people are making Ractcliffe out to be some poor fellow, he's literally the second richest man in Britain and not far from being the richest. The tune changed from lots of people when Oil money got thrown into the equation. Then it wasn't about getting rid of the Glazers it was just people being pure greedy.
But Ratcliffe can’t get rid of the Glazers, though? His deal is only to buy 25%.

frostbite

His share of the dividends it makes zero sense, why would you spend 1.5bn or whatever to make a paltry 3m per year... he won't even come close to breaking even considering he's 70.

The other 2 clubs have massively different requirements and goals than that of Manchester United so they are irrelevant.
This is not how rich people make money. Dividends mean nothing.

Whoever buys 25% for 1.5bn, predicts that in a few years, this 25% will be worth much more. For example, in 10 years the club might be worth 12bn, so his share will be worth 3bn.

But even more than that, a billionaire who is 70 years old wants to spend his time and his money to have fun (billionaires might have a different perception of "fun" than you and me...)

Pickle85

Im not lashing out, I’m amused by your gullibility, and everything I’ve stated is objectively true.

If you’re suggesting ‘Jassim’s not even a real guy’ you’re spouting conspiracy theories, xenophobic ones at that.

Please, keep going.
Nope, everything you've stated is not objectively true. But I get it, it's an emotive topic and not getting your blank cheque probably hurts so I understand the reaction. But not everybody that prefers Jim over Jassim (Qatar) is gullible, xenophobic or an idiot. Just like not everybody that wants Jassim is a fairweather fan only interested in the club's success and who it can bring in ;)

And for what it's worth, of course I think Jassim is a real guy. Imo there's no question of that. I just think he's the figurehead for a state sponsored bid aimed at repurposing United as a soulless sportswashing vehicle.

Himannv

This is the worst possible outcome. Glazers still in charge with more money to leech and less investment into the team - it's perfect for them. I think the long term impact of this will push us further behind our rivals for many years to come.

Zlatanator

Minority stake and face of the club means Glazers can happily hide in the corner. We are fkd

croadyman

He has shook hands with satan,also no idea what he's getting himself into and will have no choice than to be nothing more than a Glazer puppet. That's not even getting into the fact at least INEOS might want to show ambition but those leeches will shut that down.

croadyman

Makes me sick to think Richard Arnold has been popping the champagne corks tonight, celebrating keeping his job with this news.

He's going nowhere.
Yeah shambolic him & Murtough will stay,our hopes of ever getting the right people in place are absolutely dead and not a damn thing we can do

Pickle85

He has shook hands with satan,also no idea what he's getting himself into and will have no choice than to be nothing more than a Glazer puppet. That's not even getting into the fact at least INEOS might want to show ambition but those leeches will shut that down.
You've really no idea that any of this will happen. Why not at least try to stay optimistic and wait and see? I know you didn't get your sugar daddy but who knows, things may not be as bad as they seem.

Sir Erik ten Hag

This is the worst possible outcome. Glazers still in charge with more money to leech and less investment into the team - it's perfect for them. I think the long term impact of this will push us further behind our rivals for many years to come.
Aren't we already light years behind our rivals?

Sir Erik ten Hag

You've really no idea that any of this will happen. Why not at least try to stay optimistic and wait and see? I know you didn't get your sugar daddy but who knows, things may not be as bad as they seem.
I think people have been too drained out waiting for this saga to end. Asking them to stay optimistic is a bit hard.

croadyman

Oh yeah two different parties of owners who want the opposite is really good for the club isn't it

Pickle85

Oh yeah two different parties of owners who want the opposite is really good for the club isn't it
You have no idea what Ratcliffe wants but crack on with your misery wallowing. Sorry you won't get your state sponsored unlimited transfer war chest.

stoinz

How is a minority stake going to change anything. This is the worst possible outcome. I hope the shareholders vote it down. FFS, they found new way to ruin my weekend without even playing.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Over the last decade, our decade of hell, we've spent more than most clubs. If not the most. Who is to blame for our fall? The owners? The CEO? The manager? The players? The owners, right? Must be. Surely. I mean, look at the infrastructure. Yes. Must be the owners.

Now our chance to get super rich owners has gone up in flames. Oh no. We won't get the chance to continue to spend billions. Like Newcastle had. They've spent billions and look at what they're achieving.

We're doomed to get relegated, because what we see week in week out on the pitch is because of the Glazers. It must be their fault. Yes. It must be. It was their fault we spent billions on the wrong players.

We'll never be successful again.

croadyman

You have no idea what Ratcliffe wants but crack on with your misery wallowing. Sorry you won't get your state sponsored unlimited transfer war chest.
Yeah nor any investment in stadium and training facilities but hey we are still morally true so let's all celebrate mediocrity

Sir Erik ten Hag

But why not at least keep an open mind as opposed to single-mindedly deciding that the world's ending?!
You understand people have been wanting to get rid of the Glazers for decades without success? Now when the golden chance comes to get rid of them after years in the obscurity, it turns out that the Glazers will still stay on. How do you expect people to feel?

Pickle85

Yeah nor any investment in stadium and training facilities but hey we are still morally true so let's all celebrate mediocrity
If you want a cheat code side to support there are other options. For some, keeping the club out of state ownership is more important than winning.

Pickle85

You understand people have been wanting to get rid of the Glazers for decades without success? Now when the golden chance comes to get rid of them after years in the obscurity, it turns out that the Glazers will still stay on. How do you expect people to feel?
Happy it wasn't Qatar. But also optimistic that things are moving in the right direction. I find the negativity baffling, tbh.

Sir Erik ten Hag

Happy it wasn't Qatar. But also optimistic that things are moving in the right direction. I find the negativity baffling, tbh.
How can things move in the right direction if the Glazers are still here? That's the main point why people are being in an outrage.

croadyman

Quality control
Go and buy a rival (use that term loosely) club Jassim and make us suffer for rejecting you

Mercurial

If rumors are true sporting decision's go to Ineos then that's a step up. Our problem was never spending. It was spending *BAD*

croadyman

Wake up Ratcliffe supporters there is no positive aspect to him getting a minority stake

Esquire

But why not at least keep an open mind as opposed to single-mindedly deciding that the world's ending?!
Open mind as to what? How much of that purchase price will go back to the club? What’s 1.5b (let’s say the Glazers won’t take a penny of it and plough the same back into investment), is that even enough given the state of our facilities, stadium, playing staff which clearly needs upgrading. This was nothing but a money grabbing move from the Glazers and it’s a shrewd one at that. We as a fan base is simply pathetic (and I count myself in that category). We would never do an Ajax style uprising or stop going to matches.

The Qataris were reportedly going to wipe the debt, reinvest and pour money into the community.

So keep an open mind as to what? I ask again.

Status
Not open for further replies.