Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

Jesus I don't know what this actually means but looks like we are shopping British in the immediate future..
I hope he was bloody talking about Jude Bellingham as this team isn’t ethnic FC… because that sounded a touch racist

clarkydaz

When a shareholders sells their shares its their money. It doesn't go to the company the shares are in. They'll have to pay 20 prevent capital gains tax on it.

If there was to be an investment it wil.be separate to the share sale
The club are based in the Cayman Islands, doesnt that indicate little tax paid

Castia

Can’t wait to see the excuses when he takes out massive loans to buy more of the % in the coming years.

Even funnier people believe INEOS will service those loans.

Big Andy

Bloke
His net worth is not cash and we are currently in a credit crisis.

There has been zero mention of a consortium. At present there isn’t much detail about this proposed deal that is positive, we need to get some details sharpish if this is true that it will be voted on this week.
His net worth is meaningless seeing as it’s Ineos going to be stumping up the cash. They’re a £65bn company with a history of sporting investments

Big Andy

Bloke
Can’t wait to see the excuses when he takes out massive loans to buy more of the % in the coming years.

Don’t Ineos OWN a third of the Mercedes F1 team? They serviced that loan just fine.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I hope he was bloody talking about Jude Bellingham as this team isn’t ethnic FC… because that sounded a touch racist
That sounds like a made-up quote but you never know at this point...

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
At the very start of this process, they said that they were looking for Investment into the club or a full sale.

Nobody was going to invest for free. It had to mean investment for shares.

But Ineos are not going to invest in making the Glazers richer, if it doesn't mean improving the club.

So, this 1.7bn is going into the club. There will be clauses and assurances for this. Otherwise Ineos would not make this deal.

It is in their interest to make the club a success.
No, they're likely just backing on the fact that TV revenue will keep increasing and commercial operations will continue and they themselves can dividend themselves cash then sell their stake to some other mug.

Zero discussion about the club success and footballing topics in this deal. It's tranches of cash and understanding what return each tranche can create.

Worrying about a new hot tub for players or a leaking roof doesn't affect the returns.

GoldanoGraham

So they wouldn’t sell to Qatar, for whatever reason that hasn’t happened. Has there been an official notification on them accepting the Ineos bid or is everyone just assuming that that’s a done deal?

The way this process has gone anything is still a possibility.

If it is to be a partial investment then that was their intentions all along so if that’s what it takes to start change then we have to get behind the start of the end.

It’s just pure speculation what Ineos partial investment looks like, what the structure and terms are and what the timescales are at this point. However it’s very naive to think that Ineos are going in to be a minority controlled by the glazers. Maybe the only way to make any deal is this method - it’s clearly not what the masses wanted but if it’s the start of change then that’s at least better than no change and the limbo we’ve been in for the last year.

Just because one pulls out doesn’t automatically mean the other has won. If Qatar have really really pulled out then expect a lot of noise from them in the next few days about the complete farce of this process and how the Glazers have acted.

Esquire

This is the biggest step towards the glazers ceding control that we've yet seen. Rumours are that this move is with an eye on a full takeover further down the line. Plus it keeps us out of state hands. How is this NOT good news?!

An open mind as to what Ratcliffe's plans are for the club. Who's to say he won't put money in? The rumours are that the endgame is for a full takeover. If you'd rather be miserable then that's your prerogative but the truth is this is the biggest step towards the glazers ceding control that we've yet seen. Many are blinded to this because they didn't get their sugar daddy but that doesn't make it untrue.
Your assumption is that the Glazers will cede control at some point. A purported 5b offer from Qatar from a 750m investment (not even their money is not enough). Yes, you are assuming Ratcliffe a shrewed billionaire will put in money where he has no say over the management of the club. Yes, I’m being miserable but you are being delusional. I don’t want this to get personal but this deal is a total win for the Glazers. Ratcliffe yes has a foot in the door but the price and time he will need to get full control of the club will be tremendous. Valuing the club at 6b on their current valuation of 2.5 billion is simply highway robbery. Glazers are clearly prepared to hold on to the club for however long until they get that valuation which will only go up. You can stay positive that’s your prerogative but clearly is NOT a positive development for the fans. If you are so strident in your view you should take a poll and see who sides with you.

Varun1

I don't have an opinion on Jassim and state ownership, but I know I don't want this cnut. Our club will remain in the shitter for many more years.

edgecutter

So many spoilt people in here behaving like my 7 year old son when I can’t afford the latest video game for him.

I loathe our fanbase at times. You see Man City and believe that’s right for Utd. A soulless, plastic, manufactured entity.

Hopefully this news means that the fans who dreamed of being owned by a human right’s abusing state will now feck off and support Newcastle Utd.
I hate these kind of comments. Several fans know the issues that face the club at this moment and we needed a 100% sale. If Jim was buying 100%, I like many here would be happy, but the fact that he is only buying 25% with no massive investment into the club will just keep the club going backwards. This won't solve the issues, but let's use the moral high ground as a way to show that this is a positive when in reality the stadim is rotting, the training facilities are 20 years out of date and the management structure all through the club is diabolical.

Also, the Glazers remain and that is something that makes me sick to my stomach. They will pocket around 300 million each and still have a massive say in how our club is run.

clarkydaz

So they wouldn’t sell to Qatar, for whatever reason that hasn’t happened. Has there been an official notification on them accepting the Ineos bid or is everyone just assuming that that’s a done deal?

The way this process has gone anything is still a possibility.

If it is to be a partial investment then that was their intentions all along so if that’s what it takes to start change then we have to get behind the start of the end.

It’s just pure speculation what Ineos partial investment looks like, what the structure and terms are and what the timescales are at this point. However it’s very naive to think that Ineos are going in to be a minority controlled by the glazers. Maybe the only way to make any deal is this method - it’s clearly not what the masses wanted but if it’s the start of change then that’s at least better than no change and the limbo we’ve been in for the last year.

Just because one pulls out doesn’t automatically mean the other has won. If Qatar have really really pulled out then expect a lot of noise from them in the next few days about the complete farce of this process and how the Glazers have acted.
it will be formalised next few days

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Its understandable that there are so many extreme fan opinions flooding the caf, but i think we still don't really know the extent of control that Jim will have, and how the plan is to move ahead to reach a controlling stake. Qatar would've been an easy fix, but as they are no longer an option, i want to wait and see the details of Jim's deal before figuring out where i stand. I'm sure he isn't planning on shelling out 2 billion to have no say. Nothing is ever easy at our club.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
We know that, still doesn't mean that the infrastructure doesn't need sorting out, they can't just sit there for another 5-10 years and do nothing.

As far as I remember this was a big part of the reason for seeking a sale/investment in the first place.
If you know you are going to sell your house, will you do any major improvements? More like a slap dash of paint right?

fallengt

Exactly. And it's not Ratcliffe's fault either. He was focused and flexible and worked with the sellers.

Jassim postured to the fanbase and flounced off. He knew the Glazers were stubborn and greedy, but he didn't do what it takes to get a deal done.
Glazers wanted closer to $8bil. Plus 1-2bil to invest in stadium and club. Not even real madrid worth $10bil. Thats just ridiculous

You might have a point if Glazers had gone but SJR just does exactly what Glazers wanted. Its not something to cheer for. Theres no guarantee they will step down

Castia

So many spoilt people in here behaving like my 7 year old son when I can’t afford the latest video game for him.

I loathe our fanbase at times. You see Man City and believe that’s right for Utd. A soulless, plastic, manufactured entity.

Hopefully this news means that the fans who dreamed of being owned by a human right’s abusing state will now feck off and support Newcastle Utd.
You see we say that to cope with our absolute failure and their success. United under state ownership, American ownership or even British ownership wouldn’t be soulless because of our history.

I have a few friends and family who are City fans and have been going to the games since the league 1 days, they see posts like yours and laugh. They’re one of the best clubs in the world winning trebles they give no fecks what so ever about your stupid morals.

Our spending probably won’t even change that much we’re already one of the top spenders. The appeal was always being debt free and upgrading our facilities something this Jim simply can’t afford to do.

gajender

Excellent post. All I can add is great to see the back of Quatari bidder. Hopefully it’s true. Hopefully this leads to a bright future for the club. Hopefully.
I have never been fussed about United's ownership situation that much to be Honest nor I had issues with any of the Bidders , truth to be told United are one of the few Clubs who can be successfull organically if they are run competently So here is hoping for Bright future .

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
At the very start of this process, they said that they were looking for Investment into the club or a full sale.

Nobody was going to invest for free. It had to mean investment for shares.

But Ineos are not going to invest in making the Glazers richer, if it doesn't mean improving the club.

So, this 1.7bn is going into the club. There will be clauses and assurances for this. Otherwise Ineos would not make this deal.

It is in their interest to make the club a success.
Stop talking in finality in matters you dont know well.
Glazers in 2021 sold shares worth 250M, and zero penny was put to the club.

The 25% sale is Glazers + other shareholders selling their shares. Not Glazers only.
The board will decide what to do with the Glazers gotten funds ONLY. But history has shown Glazers when they sell their shares they don't invest back to the club such money.

I have a feeling the deal will collapse if people pump up pressure. Glazers know what they are doing.

Rio & Gary have not made a post after all this news broke. No high profile United fan, not these content creators, has made a single post regarding this news. Because this is a disaster development.

Nobody is against Jim takeover, problem is Jim is sleeping with Glazers. If Jim had 100% takeover I can tell you people would be very positive. But minority with Glazers staying still in control has given Glazers another lifeline.

Imagine it took 1 year to sell 25% of the club, what time will it take to sell 75%? Let nobody cheat you it's written in agreements, agreements are not one sided even Glazers will protect their asses in that agreement.

Glazers might not sell to Jim more shares in future. Because if it would why not sell to him 35%,40%, 45% now, why stick at 25%.

If buying 40% is a problem in 2023 what about buying 50% in 2026?

The anger people have is not even not having investments to the club, it's we needed a clean start, new ideas, new fresh breath. Jim has really killed that.

If Glazers refused your offer, step out. Like Qatari have done. Let Glazers continue to deal with the fans. It shows you know where the problem lies and solution to it.

Manchester United problems is Glazers induced. Anything prolonging that problem is an enemy to the club. Jim has done that.

hp88

Can’t fans stop this farce ?
I think this window closed the day the club was sold to Glazers, It's their club and they will do what they want.

In term of protesting we have had a few groups of people try and credit to them for trying but they haven't even come close to concerning the Glazer, the Megastore or Ticket office being closed is just a minor inconvenience for the daily operations. The biggest disruption we have seen was after ESL talks, the group that went down to the Lowry caused some real issues for the club but the chances of that happing every week are slim as there actual repercussions for their action, no one going to risk loosing job etc.. on a weekly basis.

I think we just have to deal with it now or just stop going all together.

mintyred

United have been soulless for years, even Klopp commented on it after he rejected us.

Esquire

I've been reading the forum for close to 10 years, which I really will never understand why United fans argue against each other. That is so weird. Why can't you get yourselves to unite for the one "thing". Almost every day people make fun of Goldbridge or someone else, guys you all want the same thing, for Man United to be successful again. I was at Old Trafford as recently as September - I was really shocked at the state the stadium is in. I sat in the Bobby Charlton Stand and got wet there because it rained that day. I think everyone who reads the forum here, I assume, should know what condition the club is in. I agree that the 25% of Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is not good for us, regardless we agree that the Glazers should finally sell the club. If I lived in Manchester I would protest every damn game day until the monkeys were gone. Why can't you guys get this right? I live in Hamburg and can't afford this, but any other big club would never get this through in their lifetime.
Don’t disagree but the fact is that some people think that Qatari ownership is morally problematic and others think that Sir Jim’s partial investment is start of something good. It’s normal for people to disagree and debate. Check out the state of the word we are living in where things are so contentious. As to your point about “uniting”, I mentioned in another debate I have with another poster, the fact of the matter is that United fans are mostly too loyal. We will keep going to games no matter how the ownership disdains and disrespect the fan base. Can you get people to boycott the club and stop going to games? I wish that was a possibility but 70 thousand people week in and out will prove us wrong.

Wheato

The glazers have owned our club for 18 years. In that time, including buying it, they have spent exactly 0 cents of their own money.

And suddenly now, when handed 1.5 billion, they are going to put it all into the club?

Seriously?
If you think that 3 of the richest self made businessmen in Britain are going give their money away for nothing in return, then you are being pretty naïve.

They know full well that the debt saddled on the club is crippling the ability to compete in the current market.

As we are all aware, United generate an income of £600m per season. But without a proper infrastructure, director of football, five year plan, we get our pants pulled down in the transfer market, make poor decisions with a long term impact on the finances, and on top of that we have had to make debt re-payments of £760m.

This was money that should have been re-invested back into the club.

This investment now has to come from outside, and for their money, they will get shares in the club and will undertake a major role in the running of the football side of the club. This is exactly what we need.

People are going to be sore and hurting by the Glazers still being the major shareholders, because they dangled that carrot for almost a year, and people chased after it. But the investment required to turn the club around is now there.

The 3 owners of Ineos are worth £43bn

Now they have a 25% stake in our club. This is better than what we had yesterday.

And lets say Sheikh Jasim was successful. And he paid off all of the Glazers. How much would he need to invest into the club to clear the debt and re-develop Old Trafford. About £1.8bn

How much money are Ineos investing into the club for a 25% stake?

£1.8bn

The result is the same.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
To be fair that’s absolute nonsense
25% less Glazer is still a lot better than what it was yesterday. A full sale would have been preferable but anyone who thinks they'll take their stinky paws and head home with a handsome profit hasn't followed the Glazers for the past two decades.

mintyred

I think state ownership would be a problem long term as they’re not afraid to “cut corners” to get results.

I don’t want the Glazers but maybe a partial ownership by someone who does care will help things. I don’t know if that just me being optimistic.

I can see any footballing people falling out with the Glazers and leaving tbh.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
United have been soulless for years, even Klopp commented on it after he rejected us.
You are going to determine the state of our soul based on a laughable pitch from a banker given to a manager of the scousers?

I don't know about us having no soul but I can determine your post having no brain.

edgecutter

Stop talking in finality in matters you dont know well.
Glazers in 2021 sold shares worth 250M, and zero penny was put to the club.

The 25% sale is Glazers + other shareholders selling their shares. Not Glazers only.
The board will decide what to do with the Glazers gotten funds ONLY. But history has shown Glazers when they sell their shares they don't invest back to the club such money.

I have a feeling the deal will collapse if people pump up pressure. Glazers know what they are doing.

Rio & Gary have not made a post after all this news broke. No high profile United fan, not these content creators, has made a single post regarding this news. Because this is a disaster development.

Nobody is against Jim takeover, problem is Jim is sleeping with Glazers. If Jim had 100% takeover I can tell you people would be very positive. But minority with Glazers staying still in control has given Glazers another lifeline.

Imagine it took 1 year to sell 25% of the club, what time will it take to sell 75%? Let nobody cheat you it's written in agreements, agreements are not one sided even Glazers will protect their asses in that agreement.

Glazers might not sell to Jim more shares in future. Because if it would why not sell to him 35%,40%, 45% now, why stick at 25%.

If buying 40% is a problem in 2023 what about buying 50% in 2026?

The anger people have is not even not having investments to the club, it's we needed a clean start, new ideas, new fresh breath. Jim has really killed that.

If Glazers refused your offer, step out. Like Qatari have done. Let Glazers continue to deal with the fans. It shows you know where the problem lies and solution to it.

Manchester United problems is Glazers induced. Anything prolonging that problem is an enemy to the club. Jim has done that.
This. The copium from posters here that Jim is going to be our saviour is absurd. The only people that Jim has helped is the Glazers, and they were on their death bed before this happened as the club couldn't keep going with the level of debt placed on it.

Esquire

If you think that 3 of the richest self made businessmen in Britain are going give their money away for nothing in return, then you are being pretty naïve.

They know full well that the debt saddled on the club is crippling the ability to compete in the current market.

As we are all aware, United generate an income of £600m per season. But without a proper infrastructure, director of football, five year plan, we get our pants pulled down in the transfer market, make poor decisions with a long term impact on the finances, and on top of that we have had to make debt re-payments of £760m.

This was money that should have been re-invested back into the club.

This investment now has to come from outside, and for their money, they will get shares in the club and will undertake a major role in the running of the football side of the club. This is exactly what we need.

People are going to be sore and hurting by the Glazers still being the major shareholders, because they dangled that carrot for almost a year, and people chased after it. But the investment required to turn the club around is now there.

The 3 owners of Ineos are worth £43bn

Now they have a 25% stake in our club. This is better than what we had yesterday.

And lets say Sheikh Jasim was successful. And he paid off all of the Glazers. How much would he need to invest into the club to clear the debt and re-develop Old Trafford. About £1.8bn

How much money are Ineos investing into the club for a 25% stake?

£1.8bn

The result is the same.
Many reports say the Qataris were going to wipe off the debt, invest in the stadium and also build infrastructure in the community, total package of 7b. So result is not the same, if you proceed on the assumption that the smart men you are talking about will continue to invest in the club despite having zero control and zero leverage to eventually take over the club.

hp88

Sure I read somewhere during the bidding process that they would not take on our outstanding debt and that the club would have to clear themselves, might be a load of shit as a lot or rumours were flying around at the time but this wouldn't really be surprise if that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.