Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurencio

damn. thats complex.
Yeah, and that is a relatively simple setup compared to many other company groups. There are limits to what they can do, but it's really not anywhere near as bad as a lot of people make it out to be.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
With regard to financing/new debt: I'm pretty sure that if you own two companies, and the turnover of one of those companies is minuscule compared to that of the other, you don't leverage new debt against the (much) smaller company. By my admittedly limited understanding of big finance, that would be highly unusual (not to say positively idiotic).

Laurencio

With regard to financing/new debt: I'm pretty sure that if you own two companies, and the turnover of one of those companies is minuscule compared to that of the other, you don't leverage new debt against the (much) smaller company. By my admittedly limited understanding of big finance, that would be highly unusual (not to say positively idiotic).
FFP also comes into play. If they put the debt on Man Utd that will directly affect their ability to maneuver - which would be stupid - the debt will almost certainly be absorbed by the parent company (INEOS).

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not the outcome I wanted but if Jim can come in and get rid of those two pricks Arnold and Murtough then it’s a good start. A proper structure will go a long way.

CM

:lol:

It’s so pathetic you just have to laugh.

Owners who couldn’t initially afford
to buy the club in the first place, selling a quarter of it off to a guy using more debt to purchase that.

When will this fanbase learn…!?

And when will the PL step in and stop this kind of nonsense?
What's it got to do with the fanbase?

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Doesn’t make a lot of sense.
It has been rumoured for a long time that they aren't keen on a full sale (or at least that Joel and Avram aren't). Why not? Presumably because they think the value of the club will keep rising.

As for their actual deal with Jimbo, who knows? But it seems unlikely that they will settle on a fixed share price and in effect agree to sell all their shares to him in increments, as it were, at that fixed price. If that were the case, you could legitimately ask why they can't just sell up right away.

I have no idea, honestly - maybe they (or again: at least Joel /Avram) don't plan to sell all the shares, only enough for Jim to gain full control after, say, 3 or 5 years (or whatever it might be).

To what extent it makes sense - financially - is not for me to answer. Ask the ponytail, I guess.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
So, basically.. the Glazers borrowed £800m to buy Utd and got Utd to pay that back themselves. Then loaded to club with a mountain of debt while letting facilities start falling apart... while pocketing tens of millions in dividends... and are now being given £1.7 billion, but will still own the club.

feck me, from a machiavellian perspective, you have to take your hat off to them.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Ominous that Qatar have pulled out. Have they confirmed why?
Because obviously the Glazers never wanted to sell, just wanted an investor to bail them out thus allowing them to continue draining Utd - as Ratcliffe has done.

Added bonus stick Ratcliffe’s face on the tin, despite him owning a fraction of the club compared to the Glazers, and fans will gobble up the notion that he’s somehow the ‘new owner’, thus removing all heat from the actual owners (The Glazers).

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If anything is a stroke of genius, it’s that half the supporters are going to be wearing their INEOS colours, explaining why everything is just fine and why Ratcliffe and the Glazers are actually doing good things for the club because that’s the side they’ve picked and that’s their team now. It’ll be a refreshing change for the Glazers I’m sure.

Son

Part of me thinks they secretly loath our fanbase.

Hated by millions and carry on holding onto their asset when they’ve already made 10x their money.

Fans should have a decision IF a fair market valuation is met for a club regardless of who owns it.

United should be in the public domain partly at least. We should be partly protected by the UK government in my eyes. Selling our own clubs abroad at a whim is a sign of how weak our country is.

The Premier league and our government don’t give a damn about protecting culture. It’s a completely unregulated market.

They’ll use the excuse capitalism to encourage investment but they are just selling UK culture to anyone with a big enough cheque regardless of intent.

It’s so reckless and so amateur.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Can we do away with that bloody autocorrect, by the way?

At least change it to something a bit shorter.

Surely, it's less annoying to read those three letters than that whole mess all the time.

ArjenIsM3

It's not really adding much, just a review of who / what Ineos are and what they might do. In brief:
  • They will look to restructure the footballing side, Arnold and Murtaugh can expect squeaky bum time, but not Ten Hag. Brailsford would be in charge of that restructure.
  • Their analysts have concluded we are crap at buying (gee, who knew)
  • Team is more important than stadium at this point
  • A new hire from France (Jean-Claude Blanc) could replace Arnold & has history with PSG and other sporting ventures
  • Nice were bad, but are turning it around (but only 8 games in) & lessons have been learned
  • No evidence of how funds will be provided for investment in infrastructure
  • Fans will need convincing.
In other words, we're still fecked even if INEOS will be in charge.

phenry

I don’t think we are in any kind of financial position to be ruthless with Sancho. His wages and contract mean he holds all the cards. Smug Cnut
No way does he hold all the cards. Not even close. If he was a fantastic player yea maybe because he'd have leverage but he's barely a good player, so we're not loosing much if we cut him loose. I don't think he'll ever reach the heights needed to justify his fee so if we were to get 30-40 mil for him that would be fair value (while we laugh our way to the bank). 20 mil would be a small loss. Cutting him free we don't do too badly either given what we save in wages. 20 mil loss isn't the end of the world given how he was playing. Factoring in the drama and childish behaviour and it may well the worth SJRs while to make a statement with a ruthless cut.

I'd be all for it and I think it would be popular with the fans.

El Zoido

Ominous that Qatar have pulled out. Have they confirmed why?
Glazers don’t want to sell 100%, they want to stay on, and Qatar are fed up of upping their offer. They finally hit a point where they cannot keep offering an unlimited amount for the club. Whatever they offer, the Glazers say “actually it’s this” and add another billion. Because they don’t really want to sell. $10bn might have done it.

L1nk

Because obviously the Glazers never wanted to sell, just wanted an investor to bail them out thus allowing them to continue draining Utd - as Ratcliffe has done.

Added bonus stick Ratcliffe’s face on the tin, despite him owning a fraction of the club compared to the Glazers, and fans will gobble up the notion that he’s somehow the ‘new owner’, thus removing all heat from the actual owners (The Glazers).
And then they leave in a few years when Ratcliffe fully takes over

Castia

Any possibility the deal gets vetoed in the vote?
I think the only way this gets vetoed now is if there are massive protests against this ‘take over’. We need to get info on the deal before the next step happens

If it’s a 25% without guarantees I think the vast majority of fans will be against this deal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If anything is a stroke of genius, it’s that half the supporters are going to be wearing their INEOS colours, explaining why everything is just fine and why Ratcliffe and the Glazers are actually doing good things for the club because that’s the side they’ve picked and that’s their team now. It’ll be a refreshing change for the Glazers I’m sure.
What makes you think this is the case? It seems like this scenario involves Ratcliffe being a rat for the Glazers, or at the very least outsmarted by the Glazers. I'm struggling to see how a literal rat with half a brain could be outsmarted by this inbred lot of gator shaggers.

Stadjer

The superrich which include the super sheikhs arent used to not getting what they want. I wouldnt be suprised at all for sheikh Jassim to buy a different club and pump in even more money just to defeat sir Jim on the pitch. :lol:

ScholesyTheWise

This is not how sporting control works.

The club is mad up of a number of companies.

Alderley Urban Investments Limited
Manchester United Commercial Enterprises (Ireland) Ltd
Manchester United Development Ltd
Manchester United Football Club Limited
Manchester United Foundation Ltd
Manchester United Foundation (Trading) Ltd
Manchester United Interactive Limited
Manchester United Limited
Manchester United Women’s Football Club Limited
MUTV

Essentially sporting control means they are in control of;

Manchester United Football Club Limited
Manchester United Women’s Football Club Limited
Manchester United Limited

At the very least.

Which means they control everything related to those companies. Budgets, staff, structure, etc. There likely won't be anything about the club itself that the Glazers or their management will be involved in, with the exception of boardroom politics.

I would think they would have to include Ratcliffe and his INEOS partners.
Wow. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one for whom this is rather eye-opening.

Are most (top) football clubs made out of many different companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.