Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRocket9908

It was never a state bid, nobody ever proved this. Jassim has private (inherited) wealth. If it was a state bid they’d have won. Nobody ever proved that Jassim murdered people either, despite hearing about how he was killing gay people on a daily basis.
I think its been stated several times that its not a state backed bid and if it was it would be hard to hide since his brother Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani is the Emir of Qatar and owner of PSG.

Tender Teacher

Fsg is likely even worse than glazers in regards to full same. They were happy to accept a tiny external investment and are no longer looking to sell anything further.
Agree Jassim is very unlikely to buy Liverpool, as FSG are likely clinging onto their club for the same reasons that the Glazers are (forecasted value increase over the coming years).

However, I'd imagine FSG would generally be far more tolerable to deal with, given their far superior professionalism and cohesion between shareholders.

Tender Teacher

It was never a state bid, nobody ever proved this. Jassim has private (inherited) wealth. If it was a state bid they’d have won. Nobody ever proved that Jassim murdered people either, despite hearing about how he was killing gay people on a daily basis.
Not necessarily. States don't like to be seen throwing around stupid money, e.g. Abu Dhabi couldn't agree a price for Newcastle in 2007, nor Dubai for Liverpool in 2008.

Qatar in particular have been pretty sensitive about this, following all the mocking they received for their exorbitant Harrods purchase in 2010.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
I guarantee that the 6/7bln the 92 had was it as ones upfront big purchase and an investment of 1bn into the club but that was it they don’t have continuous cash to invest at that level.

It would then have reverted to the very same model as the INEOS takeover, however INEOS has the repeatable income to continually invest.

92 like a massive bucket
INEOS like a continuous tap

Yorke to Cole

There are two theories which strongly imply it was a state bid.

1) The Abramovich Principle. Of course, RA did not buy Chelsea on behalf of Putin, but, considering his role within Putin's 'inner circle', essentially he did.

Same with Jassim who is clearly a state actor. All of his 'investments' are contingent on his role at QIB which is primarily a state-sanctioned institution.

2) The Qatari state cannot explicitly state they are buying the club, but cannot be found to have done so, either.

Therefore, they'll use an investment fund fronted by a compliant actor, their man so to speak. In this case it is 92F and Jassim.

This fund will be scrutinised to death so they can't just pump more and more and more state funds in. They'll reach a (very high) limit as they're pretending it is private individuals.
So do you think the Glazer's ever wanted to sell in it's entirety?

I also listened to a US podcast and they said the next stage of ownership is companies like Apple, Amazon buying clubs could that true?

Posh Red

Jassim is going to buy Liverpool out of spite.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if Liverpool ditched their considered, structured approach to managing the club, in exchange for Galactico big-name signings, like United have been operating for the last decade? I would be all for it.

It would be even more ironic if United adapted a more sensible approach to building the squad at the same time.

Withnail

A state bid doesn't mean they're going to dance to the Glazers tune and give them 7 and tweltvety billion dollars.

Paying way over the odds for the club would set a very bad precedent for any future deals in any sphere. We'd be getting absolutely rinsed on transfers but presumably they have a host of other investment opportunities which would also be at risk.

Bosws87

The Paul Mitchell thing is eerily similar to the noise about Ragnick before he arrived, gegenpressing genius which lasted 45 minutes in his first game against Crystal Palace, till we reverted back to the same United we have seen for the past 10 years.

So i'd be very sceptical about that, we also have City on Sunday to remind us just how far we are behind its going to be a lovely week to be a united fan...

fallengt

I think its been stated several times that its not a state backed bid and if it was it would be hard to hide since his brother Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani is the Emir of Qatar and owner of PSG.
thought some claimed UEFA was corrupted and likely would ignore had the deal went thought

Amir

The Paul Mitchell thing is eerily similar to the noise about Ragnick before he arrived, gegenpressing genius which lasted 45 minutes in his first game against Crystal Palace, till we reverted back to the same United we have seen for the past 10 years.

So i'd be very sceptical about that, we also have City on Sunday to remind us just how far we are behind its going to be a lovely week to be a united fan...
Football supporters always look for a reason to be optimistic, and that was also the case with Rangnick. Realistically, he wasn't going to perform miracles as his strength wasn't coaching even though that's the role he was given. It would be different with Mitchell, if it happens. But yes, even then, it'll require time.

Greck

The one who walked away rather than meet their ridiculous evaluation?
Yes, because they were technically still the only ones willing to enter that stratosphere. Just like their general management of the club this is actually one of the most illogically handled sales ever. If INEOS know what they are doing they are going to hand the glazers their asses in this deal. Already they are practically buying a position of ultimate financial power, now we hear they are negotiating a position of ultimate football control. The stuff about bring Braillsford as a 3rd board member is to guarantee majority vote at the board level. Then it sounds like they plan on scrapping the Glazer hierarchy.

After a couple years they will have even more leverage to oust them easy, and it's already not even particularly subtle. If JR plays this right Glazers will find it hard to sniff future market value for their portion of the club when there's already an active majority holder with near full control. Glazers are so desperate to remain at the club they are ready to add a new final chapter to their mismanagement guidebook. Actually loving it.

Last edited:

JediSith

He’s not the bother of Al Thani….

Withnail

Yes, because they were technically still the only ones willing to enter that stratosphere. Just like their general management of the club this is actually one of the most illogically handled sales ever. If INEOS know what they are doing they are going to hand the glazers their asses in this deal. Already they are practically buying a position of ultimate financial power, now we hear they are negotiating a position of ultimate football control. The stuff about bring Braillsford as a 3rd board member is to guarantee majority vote at the board level. Then it sounds like they plan on scrapping the Glazer hierarchy.

After a couple years they will have even more leverage to oust them easy, and it's already not even particularly subtle. If JR plays this right Glazers will find it hard to sniff future market value for their portion of the club when there's already an active majority holder with near full control. Glazers are so desperate to remain at the club they are ready to add a new final chapter to their mismanagement guidebook. Actually loving it.
It's quite clear they were never entering that stratosphere. It's why they walked away. That's an illogical train of thought.

The three man committee is nothing to do with the board of directors though. That's a proposal for the football side which INEOS want control of.

INEOS is, in all likelihood, going to buy up the rest of the shares eventually and the Glazers will, unfortunately, end up extremely rich for very little investment upfront. They'll eventually have full control and then probably delist United and take the club private. It's what they do with the rest of their acquisitions apparently. It removes the need to faff about getting decisions from boards of directors and shareholders. Whether any of this is good for the club long term is yet to be seen but I honestly can't envision it being any worse than the last 10 years.

putzmcgee123

A state bid doesn't mean they're going to dance to the Glazers tune and give them 7 and tweltvety billion dollars.

Paying way over the odds for the club would set a very bad precedent for any future deals in any sphere. We'd be getting absolutely rinsed on transfers but presumably they have a host of other investment opportunities which would also be at risk.
Not enough people seem to be making this connection. Having the ability to pay a certain price far from guarantees a party is willing to do so.

Mainoldo

Not enough people seem to be making this connection. Having the ability to pay a certain price far from guarantees a party is willing to do so.
The price was set at 6£bn. They never reached the price. I don’t know Why so much people are pocket watching. They wanted to negotiate which is fair but the Glazer had a price they couldn’t match.

People talk about transfer how about looking at it as Mbappe has a £180m price set by PSG. Manchester bid £150m and won’t go higher. Guess which fanbase would be moaning about poor negotiating. :lol:

Swedish_Plumber

What if I told you that a better strategy might be conducive of lasting on pitch performance? And that getting the right football people behind the scenes can turn what we have come to expect on its head?!

Amarsdd

then I sure do hope we don't appoint Paul Mitchell as the manager.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
You are clearly deluded and sound like a typical anti Arab racist. Jassim wasn’t even involved in the bid, he literally wasn’t in any way shape or form, that’s been reported by all trustworthy journalists and media sites

Blame the Bank of America and the Law Firm that was handling the bid. And they are most likely White Men. Jassim and HBJ will survive very well without Man Utd, remember HBJ (Jassim’s Father) is worth more than Man Utd, and far more smart than Ratcliffe. This was Qatar deciding not to overpay and I respect them for that.

Qatar, like the Saudis at Newcastle will teach the Glazers a lesson not to mess with them, similar to how the UAE through Man City has been destroying Man Utd the past 10 years
how dare you. @Fridge chutney isn’t an anti arab racist, he’s racist against any non-whites.

Bosws87

What if I told you that a better strategy might be conducive of lasting on pitch performance? And that getting the right football people behind the scenes can turn what we have come to expect on its head?!
Sounds great, but the reality is it’s still the same inept morons at the top and companies normally filter from top to bottom. So if the guys at the top only care about the bottom line and making money without investment guess what filters down to the bottom.

Until the cancers gone nothing is changing, it’s quite easy to see, this was our chance but it seems to have gone.

Pes6Monster

So do you think the Glazer's ever wanted to sell in it's entirety?
I think they were keeping their options open and were clever not to advertise the club as officially for sale.

Ratcliffe read the room better. Qatar got carried away promising all sorts of 'investment' ostensibly to woo supporters, not to mention, tacitly criticising the Glazers with announcements. Two naive and foolish moves, indeed.

Matt Varnish

You are clearly deluded and sound like a typical anti Arab racist. Jassim wasn’t even involved in the bid, he literally wasn’t in any way shape or form, that’s been reported by all trustworthy journalists and media sites

Blame the Bank of America and the Law Firm that was handling the bid. And they are most likely White Men. Jassim and HBJ will survive very well without Man Utd, remember HBJ (Jassim’s Father) is worth more than Man Utd, and far more smart than Ratcliffe. This was Qatar deciding not to overpay and I respect them for that.

Qatar, like the Saudis at Newcastle will teach the Glazers a lesson not to mess with them, similar to how the UAE through Man City has been destroying Man Utd the past 10 years
You sound like a deluded City fan, or even worse a glory hunter, there is a lot of bitterness here.
You call a poster an "Anti Arab racist" then Quote "And they are most likely white men" unquote, which in itself is a very racist comment, do you have proof to bear this out ?
You also state that Jassim wasn't personally involved, and you are probably correct, he couldn't even be bothered to visit OT, or get in his private jet to go and meet the Glazers face to face, personally I've only ever seen three different pictures of him, I'm beginning to wonder if he actually exists outside Qatar. Do you have sources for all these journalists and media sites that say he wasn't actually involved, all the reports I've seen say he was.

mu4c_20le

Jassim's people made him look like a joke unfortunately, they tried to play the PR game and it backfired. There is nothing racist about pointing that out. The continued bitterness and sniping through the Daily Mail just shows how petulant these sugar daddys can be.

putzmcgee123

Sounds great, but the reality is it’s still the same inept morons at the top and companies normally filter from top to bottom. So if the guys at the top only care about the bottom line and making money without investment guess what filters down to the bottom.

Until the cancers gone nothing is changing, it’s quite easy to see, this was our chance but it seems to have gone.
I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. If INEOS can find a binding agreement for a majority takeover that completes within a few years, that's still a massive win in my books. I wanted the Jassim bid, but that ship seems to have sailed. I don't see why that means we must direct our anger at Ratcliffe if his offer is one for a binding majority takeover. He's just rolling with the punches. It is painfully obvious no one is paying whatever astronomical, unrealistic price that gets all 6 trust fund babies to sell now, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just doing what is necessary to secure a future, binding takeover. I think we all need to put the pitchforks away until there is an official agreement (if ever). Minority investment without any guarantee to get those feckers out is completely unacceptable, but unless we get confirmation that's what his offer is for, I feel we should all just hold off until we see an actual agreement.

lostcauz

The price was set at 6£bn. They never reached the price. I don’t know Why so much people are pocket watching. They wanted to negotiate which is fair but the Glazer had a price they couldn’t match.

People talk about transfer how about looking at it as Mbappe has a £180m price set by PSG. Manchester bid £150m and won’t go higher. Guess which fanbase would be moaning about poor negotiating. :lol:
They should’ve read the room and left some shares on the table for the Glazers or pulled out earlier. 80% at £4.75B would surely have done it giving a overall value of close to £6B.

MDFC Manager

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. If INEOS can find a binding agreement for a majority takeover that completes within a few years, that's still a massive win in my books. I wanted the Jassim bid, but that ship seems to have sailed. I don't see why that means we must direct our anger at Ratcliffe if his offer is one for a binding majority takeover. He's just rolling with the punches. It is painfully obvious no one is paying whatever astronomical, unrealistic price that gets all 6 trust fund babies to sell now, so let's give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just doing what is necessary to secure a future, binding takeover. I think we all need to put the pitchforks away until there is an official agreement (if ever). Minority investment without any guarantee to get those feckers out is completely unacceptable, but unless we get confirmation that's what his offer is for, I feel we should all just hold off until we see an actual agreement.
Great points. I think there's basically a few scenarios how this plays out, and we'll only know for sure later. Just hoping we avoid the worst one where Jim is just the first of a few minority investments over the next couple of decades.

putzmcgee123

Great points. I think there's basically a few scenarios how this plays out, and we'll only know for sure later. Just hoping we avoid the worst one where Jim is just the first of a few minority investments over the next couple of decades.
That (or no deal/transaction whatsoever) would be the justifiable pitchfork scenario without a doubt! The wait is killing me though.

Laurencio

I'm fairly certain no one in their right mind would pay a 1.5bn valuation for 25% and openly discuss considerable future investments without some sort of pathway to majority control.

spwd

They should’ve read the room and left some shares on the table for the Glazers or pulled out earlier. 80% at £4.75B would surely have done it giving a overall value of close to £6B.
I don't see why jim can't do this. Let the cnuts have a teeny bit of a vote and Jim can invest what he wants quicker which in turn helps the club quicker.
Surely thats all the cnuts want and they would benefit more if jim was in a better position to spend unless he can't afford to?

Status
Not open for further replies.