Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

19Dan81

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass." - Bruce Lee.

I think there's a meta game at play here. I have always thought and maintained that the Glazers need and want out of this sinking ship they're responsible for. If we consider that they have failed to get investment or a buyout of any kind for some time for Darcie, Edward, Kevin and Bryan and that these Glazers have been selling off equity for a number of years for cash tells us they definitely want out.

"Strategic Alternatives" was intentionally vague to extract the most value by insinuating that all options are open - including crucially, that they'd all stay. However, Jassim, Shazhad Shahbaz and the rest of the delegation know full well that the status quo isn't sustainable and they will have to leave at some point. The trouble the Nine Two Foundation had was that this process would have continued indefinitely as long as they were engaged in it. The Glazers are in no rush to get to the magic number as long as the share price remains inflated to the degree it was when Jassim's consortium was involved and when you had Ratcliffe trying everything to get his foot in the door.

Jassim publicly (through Romano of all people) told the world he's out forcing the Glazers to negotiate a minority offer with Ratcliffe knowing that isn't what at the very least, an outcome that 4 of the Glazers wanted and the other 2 (Joel and Avram) have a diametrically opposed view to that of Ratcliffe to majority control at the current EV.

By forcing the Glazers to negotiate with Ratcliffe, Jassim's camp are speeding up the process and putting a ceiling on the valuation. Risky strategy but the only one I think they could use at this point given that the Glazers/Raine have been playing this game for close to a year with no prospect of it ending soon.

This minority investment only makes sense if it's just minority investment that much is clear but Ratcliffe isn't going to spend a premium for just 25% - it has to be with a view for majority or full control within a set time frame.

I just can't see how this benefits any of the Glazers unless it's at a ridiculous EV in the future which I can't see Ratcliffe paying especially when he could take it all for less now - he's not stupid.

I think it's more likely to end up with no agreement with Ratcliffe especially under the current PR spin coming out of his camp which, actually serves two purposes in that it's a fantastic exit strategy from a PR point of view - he tried full buyout of the Glazers, he tried 50.1% and he tried 25% with full sporting control with Jean-Claude Blanc and a Paul Mitchell revolution but couldn't reach an agreement.

If the Glazers end up with nothing then I can see a situation in where Jassim's consortium are invited back to the table with a view to actually making a deal happen since he hasn't officially left the process, yet anyway.

I also wonder what legal implications the Glazers have opened up for themselves by butchering this process because a bidding party has offered double the market value for 100% of the club which includes 31% of publicly listed shares and they've been forced to leave negotiations taking a significant payoff off the table. Fiduciary responsibility and all that.

So in Bruce Lee's eternal wisdom - all is not what it seems.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Certain ITK accounts now claiming the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has written to the Premier League's Chief Exec Richard Masters asking him to pressure the Glazers in to selling to Sheikh Jassim in order to help protect the UK's relationship with Qatar
Considering you don’t have the balls to post random blue tick wankers in here, can you also not have the balls to vaguely reference random blue tick wankers in here?

Amarsdd

Some are still in the denial phase. I will be interested to see the gymnastics these Twitter accounts perform if/when an official announcement is made of a deal with Ratcliffe. Will probably claim Jassim is waiting for the right moment to buy out both the Glazers and Ratcliffe.
Jassim has sorta turned into the MAGA Trump; he can do no wrong ("dream owner","its not that he lost his attempt but he made a great decision to pull out himself") and now sorta like the 2020 election denial (right up until there is an official announcement, he and his people are working on something to win this"), and then maybe after the announcement ("he is working in the shadows and is the real owner, and will someday come out to reveal himself"???)

niima

Supports
United
If Sir Ratcliff buy the 25% and probably he is given the sports authority,what will be his next plan??
Investing more money will make the club more valuble,so his next step to buy the whole club will be more difficult with these greedy Glazers.
So rationally he should not invest

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Certain ITK accounts now claiming the Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has written to the Premier League's Chief Exec Richard Masters asking him to pressure the Glazers in to selling to Sheikh Jassim in order to help protect the UK's relationship with Qatar
Said it before and will say it again. Posts like this referencing random sources somewhere, let alone no sources as this one, deserve an immediate thread ban for a week at the least.

RedRocket9908

Considering you don’t have the balls to post random blue tick wankers in here, can you also not have the balls to vaguely reference random blue tick wankers in here?
Its funny you were all happy to believe those accounts when they claimed Shiekh Jassim had pulled out (which still hasnt been officially confirmed) but all seem to get really upset whenever someone mentions a claim from one of those accounts that suggests he might actually be still in the race, its like there is some kind of Anti-Shiekh Jassim agenda on here.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
yeah. apparently they’re using holograms of lady di to try and scrooge avram into selling the club. she’s showing them glimpses of the future and what happens if they don’t sell, which include avram losing his rat’s tail in a freak escalator accident.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Its funny you were all happy to believe those accounts when they claimed Shiekh Jassim had pulled out (which still hasnt been officially confirmed) but all seem to get really upset whenever someone mentions a claim from one of those accounts that suggests he might actually be still in the race, its like there is some kind of Anti-Shiekh Jassim agenda on here.
Mate I’d rather Qatar than Ratcliffe and have always been clear about that so you can come up with another explanation of why I’d rather that nonsense wasn’t posted in here.

croadyman

I think in the long term the best outcome is this deal failing. Ratcliffe is giving them a lifeline here when it looked like they were struggling and in dire need of investment as their ownership model was coming back to bite them.

So honestly I'm praying Ratcliffe walks away, leave them out to dry, even if it's at the cost of short term pain.
Yeah I am starting to feel exactly the same as convinced they aren't selling 100%
I see your point but personally i feel Jassim walked away not because Ineos were in the lead, but because ineos 25% offer was in the lead. Implying that glazers were never seriously looking for a full sale and he was just being played around.
Yeah that's most likely why he did,Ratcliffe should not get involved in this 25% deal if there's no pathway to full takeover

Last edited:

croadyman

"You will continue to suffer if you have an emotional reaction to everything that is said to you. True power is sitting back and observing everything with logic. If words control you that means everyone can control you. Breathe and allow things to pass." - Bruce Lee.

I think there's a meta game at play here. I have always thought and maintained that the Glazers need and want out of this sinking ship they're responsible for. If we consider that they have failed to get investment or a buyout of any kind for some time for Darcie, Edward, Kevin and Bryan and that these Glazers have been selling off equity for a number of years for cash tells us they definitely want out.

"Strategic Alternatives" was intentionally vague to extract the most value by insinuating that all options are open - including crucially, that they'd all stay. However, Jassim, Shazhad Shahbaz and the rest of the delegation know full well that the status quo isn't sustainable and they will have to leave at some point. The trouble the Nine Two Foundation had was that this process would have continued indefinitely as long as they were engaged in it. The Glazers are in no rush to get to the magic number as long as the share price remains inflated to the degree it was when Jassim's consortium was involved and when you had Ratcliffe trying everything to get his foot in the door.

Jassim publicly (through Romano of all people) told the world he's out forcing the Glazers to negotiate a minority offer with Ratcliffe knowing that isn't what at the very least, an outcome that 4 of the Glazers wanted and the other 2 (Joel and Avram) have a diametrically opposed view to that of Ratcliffe to majority control at the current EV.

By forcing the Glazers to negotiate with Ratcliffe, Jassim's camp are speeding up the process and putting a ceiling on the valuation. Risky strategy but the only one I think they could use at this point given that the Glazers/Raine have been playing this game for close to a year with no prospect of it ending soon.

This minority investment only makes sense if it's just minority investment that much is clear but Ratcliffe isn't going to spend a premium for just 25% - it has to be with a view for majority or full control within a set time frame.

I just can't see how this benefits any of the Glazers unless it's at a ridiculous EV in the future which I can't see Ratcliffe paying especially when he could take it all for less now - he's not stupid.

I think it's more likely to end up with no agreement with Ratcliffe especially under the current PR spin coming out of his camp which, actually serves two purposes in that it's a fantastic exit strategy from a PR point of view - he tried full buyout of the Glazers, he tried 50.1% and he tried 25% with full sporting control with Jean-Claude Blanc and a Paul Mitchell revolution but couldn't reach an agreement.

If the Glazers end up with nothing then I can see a situation in where Jassim's consortium are invited back to the table with a view to actually making a deal happen since he hasn't officially left the process, yet anyway.

I also wonder what legal implications the Glazers have opened up for themselves by butchering this process because a bidding party has offered double the market value for 100% of the club which includes 31% of publicly listed shares and they've been forced to leave negotiations taking a significant payoff off the table. Fiduciary responsibility and all that.

Will be a huge blow if we can't get some proper football people on board,however won't happen unless this farcical 25% actually comes to fruition

MDFC Manager

Great post, are you a scriptwriter? :)

Though i personally think Jassim is firmly out, let's see what transpires...in 6 months maybe.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Please can someone rational provide a summary of current state of this-

The board were meant to meet and ratify Ineos 25% last week ? did this not happen?
No it did not happen and it was never on the agenda to happen. Media just did 2+2=5 and everyone lapped it up

JagUTD

Given the generally negative reaction in the thread about Saudi Arabia executing 100 people, Qatar today have reminded us all why it's for the best that United don't fall into their hands.

putzmcgee123

Yeah he's definitely out and could see Ratcliffe being too the way things are going
Highly, highly doubtful we end up with no transaction imo. They would have a heck of a time explaining to investors why they ran off both Jassim and Ratcliffe, and exactly how their chosen path upon concluding the strategic review does anything to enhance growth and shareholder value in comparison to what either Jassim or Ratcliffe offered. Their responsibilities as directors of the plc somewhat restricts their ability to arbitrarily behave like complete morons in this situation, elsewise they open themselves up to lawsuits.

DownRiver

Given the generally negative reaction in the thread about Saudi Arabia executing 100 people, Qatar today have reminded us all why it's for the best that United don't fall into their hands.
In the U.S. : As of June 2023, there are 27 states that have the death penalty.

Glazers out.

lostcauz

I just don’t understand how the club is going to get the debt and revolving credit facility under control with a minority sale. Maybe it doesn’t need to be controlled?

Appletonred

If things get worse on the pitch then things will surely get worse off it, at some point you can imagine a day where the Glazers will be urgently looking to offload the entirety of the club.

George The Best

Highly, highly doubtful we end up with no transaction imo. They would have a heck of a time explaining to investors why they ran off both Jassim and Ratcliffe, and exactly how their chosen path upon concluding the strategic review does anything to enhance growth and shareholder value in comparison to what either Jassim or Ratcliffe offered. Their responsibilities as directors of the plc somewhat restricts their ability to arbitrarily behave like complete morons in this situation, elsewise they open themselves up to lawsuits.
Sir Jim’s deal, as we currently understand it, does nothing for investors - other than the Glazer’s.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
The shooting in Maine the other day should remind us all never to move to Canada.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
If things get worse on the pitch then things will surely get worse off it, at some point you can imagine a day where the Glazers will be urgently looking to offload the entirety of the club.
mate consider this… our match day revenue grew becasue of a fecking random chance. We played 7 more home games and that led to a 24% increase YoY. Number of home games in a Cup run is random. Despite our record revenuewe still made loss while investing feck all in stadium, training base,
Women Team. We are fecked. Simple as that.

Greck

The Jassim thing needs to be put to bed unless developments to the contrary take place. There's no room for fiction or we might as well be discussing a last minute telenovela bid from north korea. I do think he pulled out because he didn't like being used as leverage not from a lack of interest. I mean who pulls out and writes a letter? For now however it's moot to consider some dramatic last minute return

putzmcgee123

Sir Jim’s deal, as we currently understand it, does nothing for investors - other than the Glazer’s.
Last credible reports suggested he has found a way to satisfy potential concerns from Class A and that his initial 25% investment would include both Class A and B shares.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The Jassim thing needs to be put to bed unless developments to the contrary take place. There's no room for fiction or we might as well be discussing a last minute telenovela bid from north korea. I do think he pulled out because he didn't like being used as leverage not from a lack of interest. I mean who pulls out and writes a letter? For now however it's moot to consider some dramatic last minute return
Agree, he’s formally and publicly pulled out and is no longer a possible owner of Utd.

I do think him pulling out is good in one way as it pins the Glazers to the wall and Ratcliffe can suddenly basically bend them over - exactly as they deserve.

Ratcliffe now has absolutely zero competition, and in turn the Glazers have absolutely no alternative :lol:

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Agree, he’s formally and publicly pulled out and is no longer a possible owner of Utd.

I do think him pulling out is good in one way as it pins the Glazers to the wall and Ratcliffe can suddenly basically bend them over - exactly as they deserve.

Ratcliffe now has absolutely zero competition, and in turn the Glazers have absolutely no alternative :lol:
Ratcliffe is competing with other minority investors. They’re not going to give him a path to ownership.

Greck

Glazer kids are just disgusting and entitled. This whole thing is them asking for parties to give them their hard earned 1-3bn to quietly sit aside and spectate as they play roulette with their money. They didn't even stop to think how such an investor is realistically going to break even without also needing to acquire the rest of the club. It has zero practical incentive if it doesn't come with control or eventual full acquisition.

Last edited:

Matt Varnish

Please can someone rational provide a summary of current state of this-

The board were meant to meet and ratify Ineos 25% last week ? did this not happen?
Here's how it went.

Jim on phone to Byan and Joel

Bryan; So Jim you want to pay us £1.5 bn for 25% of United.

Jim; Yep sure do

Joel; And you will run the club on the field, make all the decisions and take all the flak if it goes tits up

Jim; Yep, no problem.

Bryan & Joel, And all us Glazer siblings can continue as it were, rinsing the club, and spend even less time in wet dingy England.

Jim; Yep just go to the beach, put your feet up.

Bryan and Joel; Ok well you realise we can't just jump in, it has to look like we've thought about it, so give us a couple more months, but it sounds like a plan to us.

This is genuine, I met a guy down the chip shop, who knows a bloke, who's sisters mate is a cleaner at Sir Jim's place.

croadyman

Only the alternative of them basically wasting a year and fecking off the shareholders

JagUTD

Here's how it went.

Jim; Yep sure do

Joel; And you will run the club on the field, make all the decisions and take all the flak if it goes tits up

Jim; Yep, no problem.

Bryan & Joel, And all us Glazer siblings can continue as it were, rinsing the club, and spend even less time in wet dingy England.

Bryan and Joel; Ok well you realise we can't just jump in, it has to look like we've thought about it, so give us a couple more months, but it sounds like a plan to us.

This is genuine, I met a guy down the chip shop, who knows a bloke, who's sisters mate is a cleaner at Sir Jim's place.
Absolute nonsense. You must think we are all mugs.

Glazer on a beach ffs.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Here's how it went.

Jim; Yep sure do

Jim; Yep, no problem.

seems legit so

Marcelinho87

If Sir Ratcliff buy the 25% and probably he is given the sports authority,what will be his next plan??
Investing more money will make the club more valuble,so his next step to buy the whole club will be more difficult with these greedy Glazers.
So rationally he should not invest
It would be a safe assumption considering Ratcliffe isn’t the village idiot that he would agree a flexible price with a set upper and a set lower tier.

He’s not going to shaft himself is he.

Pes6Monster

Excellent point that so many completely ignore.
I'd imagine Qatar would prefer a ceasefire as it favours Hamas, who are the dictatorship's long time ally whom Qatar have funded for years. This funding has been co-ordinated with Israel (who have previously themselves funded Hamas, would you believe), the KSA and USA.

They have serious finances and investment ambitions contingent on Hamas remaining in office, so are most likely hoping everything can be returned to the way it was for such a reason.

They're unlikely to be doing anything for 'humanitarian reasons' considering their own practices.

Qatar have proved a useful ally in this conflict (as they were against Assad's brutality), but lest we forget their own ambitions in the matter.

GreatDane

Oh yeah, forgot that arabs = all arabs = bad. That's what you're saying right?

Status
Not open for further replies.