Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I know we've been shite but double digit thrashings, you need to go to school and learn to count
Don't have time now but I can make a list for you, since apparently you find it too difficult yourself

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Don't have time now but I can make a list for you, since apparently you find it too difficult yourself
While you're at it, make a list of all the thrashings we've handed out and see how it compartes

Fridge chutney

Just look at all the dickriders of that clown Maguire who's captained us in double-digit number of thrashings over the years to our rivals, big and small.
Dreadful post on so many levels. At least try to be less homophobic if you are going to be so juvenile.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
INEOS will not invest unless there is a benefit to them if you look earlier in this thread I explain how this benefits them, catch 22 - no investment - No potential growth on in value of the club.
I'm surprised by reports that Sir Jim is leaving the commercial side to the Glazers. They have been terrible at it.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I'm surprised by reports that Sir Jim is leaving the commercial side to the Glazers. They have been terrible at it.
They're so bad at it that pretty much every other club now do what they did in commercial terms

ole@thewheel

questions nobody has the answer to.

1 we can assume that Ratcliffe and his team will have putt/call options so there is a limit up and down for what both accept.

rest is anybody’s guess.
INEOS most likely negotiated the next 26% of the shares with a fixed (probably current) price.

I would bet the clause of getting full control would be if the club hits a certain valuation, which incentivizes both sporting side (ineos) and commercial side of the club (glazers).

Glazers can benefit from selling the remaining shares on a higher price and thus hit the valuation they were having in mind, and Ineos will have full control. Ineos not necessarily will have to buy the rest of the Glazers shares, and I see the later to start releasing more and more of the shares to random investors into their pockets.

I hope that the current deal included that part of the money will have to be stay in the sporting business side, which would have given Ineos the freedom to operate for some time without Glazers involvement on the sporting finances.

Anyway, this is definitely a step into the right direction for the club and we are in a better situation that we were into full Glazers ownership.

AFC NimbleThumb

Does anyone actually have any evidence that this Ratcliffe deal goes beyond minority investment?

The promised funds are barely earth shattering, maybe I’ve dipped in & out too much but does anyone have a reason to believe this is the start of a takeover other than ’he would do X without doing Y’.

In the Glazer statement this looks exactly like the investment they’d prayed for.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yet to see anyone give a coherent take as to why being owned by extractive financiers is better than being owned by a private individual affiliated with Qatar state (note, it isn't the state itself - that's literally prohibited under FA rules). The connection works in the same way, at worst, as with the Glazers, whereby they are are enmeshed with US politics in terms of their political donations (and , when necessary, boosting the worst people in politics in terms of social discrimination as well as de facto social murder, just because it boosts their bottom line) and influence over policy and being given favourable lending conditions through influence leveraging and the rest. Not meant to be personal, but the general trend does lean towards/suggest a certain xenophobia as well as thinking (around categories of ownership; around politics; around ethics) being farmed out to the media rather than reading around the subject, whether that media is the usual redtops or the more clickbaity stuff produced by ostensibly 'serious' football publications like The Athletic.

The Glazers are bad owners, who are indifferent or actively contemptuous towards fans., don't have any affiliations in terms of being longstanding fans or embedded within the community (like, say, a Steve Gibson type) and are using the club mainly as a piggybank, a thing to secure lines of credit against as well as - crucially a 'reputational booster' in the business world. There's nothing a Qatar enterprise would do to 'unfairly' legitimate itself that these parasites haven't already committed the equivalent of.
This.

You dare question SJR & his petro-chemical company, you’re then accused of whataboutery. . .

The crazy thing is you can not want Qatar & see this deal for the sham it is but instead we have people talking about a full takeover that seems as far away as ever.

The Glazers have never done anything to benefit the club, only themselves. Why people believe this deal will be different astounds me.

AFC NimbleThumb

My point is that everything at this point is spin. Nothing is confirmed, nothing has even been pledged publicly by Ratcliffe and yet everything in the media is positive about him - that’s spin.

People have wasted hours declaring why Ratcliffe ‘controlling the sporting side’ is a good thing, yet, we don’t even know that he will do - let alone that he’ll succeed at it.

All we know, for sure, is that the Glazers will still own Man Utd, and that fact is what many are wilfully ignoring.

Using words like ‘sale’ or ‘takeover’ is completely daft. There is no sale, there is no takeover.

How the whole thing plays out we will have to see. But with the Glazers remaining as majority owners of Man Utd, I think it’s highly understandable why some long term fans are very reluctant to celebrate any such deal.
Exactly.

Remove Qatar from this whole debacle then put this Ratcliffe deal to people 9 months ago & the tune would be very different.

AFC NimbleThumb

Quite stunning that the pro INEOS PR campaign has rendered the younger generation of fans into an acceptance of mediocrity where they literally cannot wait to start developing young, unproven talent to sell on for a profit. They've sold the Brighton way as the ideal for a football club. We're not Brighton or OGC Nice, we're the biggest club in the world that has nothing to offer other than a platform for failure and a large salary for the privilege.

You need to show ambition to the best players to build a squad capable of winning the best trophies. Without senior, world class players you're not getting great potential youngsters to join and those youngsters won't learn to play at a big club without them. The second we start offloading our biggest earners for unproven kids will be the beginning of the end. It'll definitely make the club more money though and more "sustainable" which Ratcliffe loves to do when he acquires a new asset.

If you're a top player now you're not picking Utd over the others and that's the biggest crime of all. We've only been able to compete due to what we pay in wages and if you stop doing that to instead force kids from other leagues to play at Old Trafford and learn how to win then I'm afraid the future is grim.

I don't see ambition at all with this minority investment. All I'm reading is how this new sporting structure is going to focus on cutting costs. This could be our last Champions League expedition for some time if this is our future. I of course hope not and it is indeed a partnership with Ratcliffe with ambition but it doesn't sound like.
Brilliant post.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Those guys are world-class at what they do.

It is they who have given us the rope to make all the botch-ups that we have over the past ten years. Without them, we would be a consistent mid-table club.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
INEOS most likely negotiated the next 26% of the shares with a fixed (probably current) price.

I would bet the clause of getting full control would be if the club hits a certain valuation, which incentivizes both sporting side (ineos) and commercial side of the club (glazers).

Glazers can benefit from selling the remaining shares on a higher price and thus hit the valuation they were having in mind, and Ineos will have full control. Ineos not necessarily will have to buy the rest of the Glazers shares, and I see the later to start releasing more and more of the shares to random investors into their pockets.

I hope that the current deal included that part of the money will have to be stay in the sporting business side, which would have given Ineos the freedom to operate for some time without Glazers involvement on the sporting finances.

Anyway, this is definitely a step into the right direction for the club and we are in a better situation that we were into full Glazers ownership.
I suspect that this is the scenario that's being negotiated. A lot more complicated than your general full sale since it will depend on a lot of factors now. A higher risk approach.

One factor/variable is based on Ratcliffe being able to turn things around.

Also, how do they define 'success' that will enable value to increase? Its not proportional to how footballing performance is directly related to share value.

Couldn't the Glazers in a few year's time argue that the share valuation has increased primarily due to the ever-increasing commercial activities and is not so relevant to any improvements in footballing performances?

What if Ratcliffe doesn't improve footballing performances (ie fails to turn things around) within an agreed time period? Not something that is too far-fetched considering the complexity of turning a club around or making a club successful again.

Does it mean the status quo ie Ratcliffe doesn't exercise the next tranche of shares required to be in control of the club? Or the Glazers refuse to sell the next tranche since they would argue that Ratcliffe has failed to live up to the promises? Then the club remains in limbo in terms of going forward and ownership?

Last edited:

HILLSIDE

Those guys are world-class at what they do.

It is they who have given us the rope to make all the botch-ups that we have over the past ten years. Without them, we would be a consistent mid-table club.
Either this is sarcastic or a confused understanding of our owners responsibilities; they are responsible for all of the club's current outcomes.

gajender

United's Commercial revenues are still amongst the highest despite being non entity on the field for almost 10 years , I guess people on the commercial side must be doing something right .

NWRed

United's Commercial revenues are still amongst the highest despite being non entity on the field for almost 10 years , I guess people on the commercial side must be doing something right .
This is due to the size of the fan base, not any genius on the part of the Glazers.

Son

The glazers are apparently snubbing going to Bobby’s funeral.

That to me is so low when they are the owners of our club. They want to take everything yet have zero links to us.

Horrible optics yet again and this in a real life scenario shows what kinda men they are. Low level human beings.

Judas

Open to offers

That to me is so low when they are the owners of our club. They want to take everything yet have zero links to us.

Horrible optics yet again and this in a real life scenario shows what kinda men they are. Low level human beings.
To be fair weird angle to take, we all hate them, but it’s more likely they’re doing it to not stir up any issues on a day nothing to do with them. It’s not a snubbing.

Son

To be fair weird angle to take, we all hate them, but it’s more likely they’re doing it to not stir up any issues on a day nothing to do with them. It’s not a snubbing.
You might be right. It’s still pretty freaking embarassing when the owners of the club can’t or won’t go to his funeral. They only have 2 major ones ever. Him and Sir Alex.

Sir Erik ten Hag

You think they even know who Sir Bobby is? You are giving them too much credits.

Appletonred

Van Gaal was spot on in his assessment that the club is a commercial club, that is precisely what it is sadly, if you look at the links to Blanc then he's being earmarked because his CV is a commercial club's dream. The Ratcliffe investment I fear is merely designed to ultimately furnish his own pocket and obviously the Glazers, they are getting the best in class for their business interests, not sporting interests.

aganley

Van Gaal was spot on in his assessment that the club is a commercial club, that is precisely what it is sadly, if you look at the links to Blanc then he's being earmarked because his CV is a commercial club's dream. The Ratcliffe investment I fear is merely designed to ultimately furnish his own pocket and obviously the Glazers, they are getting the best in class for their business interests, not sporting interests.
Completely agree, You have to wonder what Jim promised the Glazers. They valued the club at 10 Billion. So Jim comes in makes utd relatively competitive, making utd more profitable and as a result both get a nice hefty profit.

Pes6Monster

Dreadful post on so many levels. At least try to be less homophobic if you are going to be so juvenile.
Fully agreed. Disgraceful post.

Van Gaal was spot on in his assessment that the club is a commercial club, that is precisely what it is sadly,
Did he say this before or after he was fired for being shit?

I do remember him denouncing us as commercial whilst sat in front of a billboard, wearing a shirt featuring a few company logos.

You think they even know who Sir Bobby is? You are giving them too much credits.
SBC sat on their board and publicly endorsed their takeover. He did so in 2005, also. The Glazers had a stand named after them.

I hate the bloodsuckers but it's fair to say their non-attendance today is because there'd most likely be protests if they did.

This. You dare question SJR & his petro-chemical company, you’re then accused of whataboutery. . .
Because it's whataboutery.

Using ellipsis doesn't make your point.

It's not even good whataboutery, either, just city
or newcastle fan level, transparent, anti-intellectual whataboutery.

Quite stunning that the pro INEOS PR campaign has rendered the younger generation of fans into an acceptance of mediocrity where they literally cannot wait to start developing young, unproven talent to sell on for a profit. They've sold the Brighton way as the ideal for a football club. We're not Brighton or OGC Nice, we're the biggest club in the world that has nothing to offer other than a platform for failure and a large salary for the privilege.

You need to show ambition to the best players to build a squad capable of winning the best trophies. Without senior, world class players you're not getting great potential youngsters to join and those youngsters won't learn to play at a big club without them. The second we start offloading our biggest earners for unproven kids will be the beginning of the end. It'll definitely make the club more money though and more "sustainable" which Ratcliffe loves to do when he acquires a new asset.

If you're a top player now you're not picking Utd over the others and that's the biggest crime of all. We've only been able to compete due to what we pay in wages and if you stop doing that to instead force kids from other leagues to play at Old Trafford and learn how to win then I'm afraid the future is grim.

I don't see ambition at all with this minority investment. All I'm reading is how this new sporting structure is going to focus on cutting costs. This could be our last Champions League expedition for some time if this is our future. I of course hope not and it is indeed a partnership with Ratcliffe with ambition but it doesn't sound like.
I don't think it's 'Ineos PR' supporters are excited in any way about Ratcliffe, rather just 'Glazer fatigue' and not stewing over Qatar's State Bid failing on its behind.

It's something different but you're right to advise caution.

Furthermore, the 'world's best' refusing United is not particularly on the Glazers, either.

United have frequently attempted and failed to land the very best going on years. I remember us failing to get Marcelo Salas, Batistuta, Kluivert and quite a few others in the 1990s whereas potential signings in the 80s fancied it elsewhere. Like Gascoigne, Waddle, Hysen, even Mick Harford.

The Glazers have been a disaster but they aren't to blame for absolutely everything afflicting us.

Barthez

Quality control
Why is it homophobic? It’s not a great post but it didn’t read homophobic to me
Probably because people on here can be a little sensitive. Its akin to VAR where they always look to disallow a goal. Some members on here always look to find offense in posts.

Pes6Monster

Probably because people on here can be a little sensitive. Its akin to VAR where they always look to disallow a goal. Some members on here always look to find offense in posts.
Using the phrase, and I quote, 'dickriders', to belittle people who support Maguire.

It's (also) homophobic because there are plenty of male commentators who are supporting Maguire, including many on this forum.

It's perfectly fine to criticise Maguire's proponents, just not to use homophobic terminology to belittle them.

Fridge Chutney is absolutely correct to call it out.

Barthez

Dick riders may have homophobic insinuation.
'may have' if you want to take it as such though. In the grand scheme of things, really not worth getting upset over things which 'may' offend.

Salford_Red83

It's probably because there have been zero confirmed details about what it will entail.

To get the Glazers out we have to start somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.