Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They disagree with anything remotely good news as they like to live in perpetual negativity.

This is also close to how INEOS went about the Mercedes, 2 years it took them to get majority I believe.
I know mate I just wanted to see if there was an actual point to the point.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
‘He couldn’t even beat SJR’s bid’, is a very disingenuous way of putting it.

The accurate assessment would be - he wouldn’t stoop to SJR’s level.

There’s a big difference between those two sentences.

Though I agree with the sentiment that Utd fans should not be focussing on 92F’s bids now.

The focus should firmly and solely be upon the Glazers and Ratcliffe coalition, and what they’re going to do to fix Utd, both on the pitch and in the infrastructure of the club, stadium and debt.

That’s all that matters for Utd now.
There is nothing disingenuous about it and not sure what stooping SJR did or what standards Jassim has. Some journalists did a great job hyping him or build his profile like some great owner.

There are many just fell for sound bytes in the media and assumed how awesome Jassim would be, when he couldn't even work out a plan to buy the club.

"Oh see, I would have done this, done that, built largest stadium which would have accommodated entire UK population" is all well and good, but to get there at least pass the first hurdle. All we saw was how he wouldn't negotiate and it's his take or leave bids are final.

SJR might turn out to be a disaster, doesn't mean Mr PR Jassim would have been awesome owner who would have put ManUtd back at the top.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jassim simply didn't do everything in his power to purchase the club now or in the future. He should have put less into PR and more into making a deal happen.
Maybe poor bloke was busy negotiating contract for OT revamp instead of negotiating the deal to buy the club.

DanClancy

Share price up 7% so the market isn't convinced that Radcliffe is buying class A shares.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Share price up 7% so the market isn't convinced that Radcliffe is buying class A shares.
Class a and class b shares don't really matter if they have a legal revamp on what Ratcliffe can do no?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would assume so but I'm far from an expert.
Kieran Maguire said that it doesn't matter if they just counter it with a legal document allowing Ratcliffe the necessary control. Which is probably what they're doing

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Most definitely. The numbers bandied about were all over the place depending on the source. Even $33/share for 25% of the club is not consistent with the total figures being reported about this same bid.

I think this, for the most part, has just been claimed to wind up the people who were Qatar In, and they have done so with pretty remarkable success. If genuine, then yeah it's pure stupidity.
I think the whole 'Jassim doesnt exist' nonsense started as a joke, but then many people were actually gullible enough to believe it, going as far as to start talking about AI generated photos etc - tin foil hat madness of course.

Anyway back to the point of Jim's bid of $33 per shares being lower than previous reports of Jassim's bid, I totally agree with you that none of the figures make any sense are likely just media getting things wrong as they have pretty much the whole way through this saga.
Im pretty sure that whatever Jim eventually pays for his shares will be the same or more per share than whatever Jassim offered to the Glazers. Just a shame it wont come with the same level of investment for the stadium.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Somebody in another thread seemed to be under the impression that he was in charge of first team recruitment. I don't know where these ideas come from :lol:
It’s crazy. It’s been talked about so many times. People should know by this stage rather than just retelling stupid narratives coming from god knows what numpty

Seven Seas Sardines

It’s crazy. It’s been talked about so many times. People should know by this stage rather than just retelling stupid narratives coming from god knows what numpty
Even Rangnick was perplexed as to what role he had. Think it's fair to question why he's competent enough to do his role and what it really entails. Pretty sure this role is incorporated in other positions at oppo clubs and they just made it up to hire Ole's mate.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
No, not Bundesliga top players and past it world class players. Actual world class players. That is the whole point.
Players with the potential to be world class before they are worth 80 million quid and if we are going for top shelf players then we need to operate with far more background checking about their professionalism and lifestyle and data about how they actually fit into a system. No more #10s on the right wings or Eriksen as a box to box or crappy loans when really talented young players are moving at the same time. This team badly needs energy and guile and you’re not getting that from old players or players on loan.

Last edited:

Pes6Monster

I think the whole 'Jassim doesnt exist' nonsense started as a joke, but then many people were actually gullible enough to believe it, going as far as to start talking about AI generated photos etc - tin foil hat madness of course.
It's complete lies.

I saw Jassim one night in Matt and Phred's with an entourage. Rio Ferdinand was there, too, because 'vibes'. Being cool as feck Jass was fast asleep when everybody else was lost in the music. Snoring like a buzzsaw. No photographs or pictures allowed.

Rio later confided Jassim was 'confident' and 'just about ready' to put all his stick in and we should just 'give him the contract and let him sign whatever the f he likes.

Saw Jass outside Bramhall Hall munching an Ice Cream and throwing chips at random seagulls, demanding his entourage 'holster their weapons' because he 'likes ducks'.

and another time I seen him he was outside Manchester Rugby Club, having failed to buy them for a pack of salted peanuts and his 'word' he was a real Sheikh.

Back in April past, mind.

MDFC Manager

They disagree with anything remotely good news as they like to live in perpetual negativity.

This is also close to how INEOS went about the Mercedes, 2 years it took them to get majority I believe.
I looked this up, December 2020 the deal was announced and February 2022 it was completed/registered. Highly doubt Jim will wait 14 months to buy his 25% in this case though

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Even Rangnick was perplexed as to what role he had. Think it's fair to question why he's competent enough to do his role and what it really entails. Pretty sure this role is incorporated in other positions at oppo clubs and they just made it up to hire Ole's mate.
Well done, that’s the silliest take yet.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He already bought Mbappe and Bellingham on FM save and thought it was done deal.
I don’t get why people are being borderline smug about this? Qatar was very clearly the better deal for the fans. Debt free and the facilities upgraded. After that we can afford to buy any player we like. The glazers like everything else they’ve done made the wrong choice by the fans. This is just more of the same bare minimum and really slow action that has us where we currently are. Hopefully Jim is some kind of football organisation God but I don’t see it based on anything he’s done before in sport. In Business sure hopefully he’ll stand his ground with the glazers but I bet he’ll come out of it all like everyone else in a few years saying I had great ideas but the club was always pulling in a different direction to one purely focused on sporting excellence and running a tight ship. Everyone gets richer, we stay shit

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I don’t get why people are being borderline smug about this? Qatar was very clearly the better deal for the fans. Debt free and the facilities upgraded. After that we can afford to buy any player we like. The glazers like everything else they’ve done made the wrong choice by the fans. This is just more of the same bare minimum and really slow action that has us where we currently are. Hopefully Jim is some kind of football organisation God but I don’t see it based on anything he’s done before in sport. In Business sure hopefully he’ll stand his ground with the glazers but I bet he’ll come out of it all like everyone else in a few years saying I had great ideas but the club was always pulling in a different direction to one purely focused on sporting excellence and running a tight ship. Everyone gets richer, we stay shit
Qatar's PR was definitely a better deal for the fans because... well it's PR.

Buying players is the least of United problems. Current manager spent 400M in 3 windows. Spending money on players has never been the issue.

Jassim could have been and SJR could be shit. The problem is the notion that Qatar buying the club somehow guarantees success is deeply flawed.

DanClancy

Qatar's PR was definitely a better deal for the fans because... well it's PR.

Buying players is the least of United problems. Current manager spent 400M in 3 windows. Spending money on players has never been the issue.

Jassim could have been and SJR could be shit. The problem is the notion that Qatar buying the club somehow guarantees success is deeply flawed.
Its worked really well at PSG hasn't it!!!

Definite disconnect between match going fans/Greater Manchester fans and those on social media and forums who only support the club because of the success.

fallengt

Jassim simply didn't do everything in his power to purchase the club now or in the future. He should have put less into PR and more into making a deal happen.
So was the Qatari's offer state backed or not? $10bil would be nothing for them if it was state funded right? Yet they didn't want to match asking price, what's wrong?
I swear same people that were spreading their agendas can't even make up their mind

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Lots of people mainly function through ego.

So the focus of someone thinking this way is always on things like smugness, being proven right, ‘us vs them’ etc, rather than contentment or positivity.

Logically, you would’ve thought that those who wanted the Ratcliffe / Glazers coalition would be happy with this outcome, but rather, many of them (not all) actually appear bitter, which is a really odd reaction to getting exactly what you want.

I think the Utd fanbase in general has become normalised in feeling deep division, and, unable anymore to aim its taunts at its rivals (Liverpool, City), it now aims its taunts at other Utd fans.

It’s something that’s gradually become more and more prevalent since SAF retired and is now deeply inbedded in the fanbase - especially online.

Brophs

The One and Only
If Jassim doesn’t exist then why did I see him smoking while getting a prostate exam?

Amarsdd

Lots of people mainly function through ego.

So the focus of someone thinking this way is always on things like smugness, being proven right, ‘us vs them’ etc, rather than contentment or positivity.

Logically, you would’ve thought that those who wanted the Ratcliffe / Glazers coalition would be happy with this outcome, but rather, many of them (not all) actually appear bitter, which is a really odd reaction to getting exactly what you want.

I think the Utd fanbase in general has become normalised in feeling deep division, and, unable anymore to aim its taunts at its rivals (Liverpool, City), it now aims its taunts at other Utd fans.

It’s something that’s gradually become more and more prevalent since SAF retired and is now deeply inbedded in the fanbase - especially online.
The irony of this post is quite amazing having seen your posts during this entire saga

19Dan81

Its worked really well at PSG hasn't it!!!

Definite disconnect between match going fans/Greater Manchester fans and those on social media and forums who only support the club because of the success.
Who was the CEO of PSG? Oh...

Full sale, complete removal of the Glazers and their associated debts is entirely the best thing for the club and all fans. Celebrating an outcome of the last 12 months that means the Glazers stay adding another partner on the board is a smack in the face and no amount of positive PR spin will change that. Last season was a great season with all things considered. However, 20+ injuries and takeover uncertainty causing a toxic working atmosphere and non stop Ratcliffe PR and his wonderful football structure has caused certain sections of the fanbase to be desperate for this deal to go through so Jimbo can be the saviour.

Hook, line and sinker. People have been played and they can't see it. “problem-reaction-solution” (create a problem, escalate fear, then offer a pre-planned solution).

RedUnited86

Can't be arsed reading through pages full of adults arguing over who's credible and who's not.

Any news today?

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Jassim may or may not exist but it seems the bid inflations were all done by Ineos and their stooges in the media.
there is something of the Schrodinger's Sheikh about this guy right enough;

'a hypothetical Sheikh may be considered simultaneously both alive and dead, while he is unobserved in a closed box, as a result of his fate being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur.'

FerociousCorgis

cant wait til this investment goes thru, we see maybe 1-2 new hires, a couple signings, then back to the usual with no word on any sort of final sale plan.

putzmcgee123

Can't be arsed reading through pages full of adults arguing over who's credible and who's not.

Any news today?
Pretty much Mark Kleinman of Sky simply updating his story from two weeks ago, now describing the deal as $33/share instead of £1.25B and suggesting we're expecting an official announcement next week, before the American holiday on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.