Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediSith

Can SJR/INEOS not announce it themselves? Do they have to wait for the Glazers to celebrate thanksgiving?! I’m not so sure this isn’t a guess by Stoney.
I don’t understand why this is still classed as an INEOS project when Jim is on record telling INEOS creditors that none of INEOS money will be used. It’s a Jim Ratcliffe project. Why should INEOS get free publicity

19Dan81

It's clear the media are clueless on the state of play with this process - I mean, the evidence for that is everywhere. So if they're entirely unreliable (as they should be with NDA's, no primary source) then you can basically discount the media narrative as clearly their means to the end of gaining interactions and clicks. Not even Kleinmann has a primary source, nor Bloomberg, FT, Reuters. None of them have a primary source to this process. At best they have 3rd or 4th removed information which could be out-dated by the time it's released to them. We also have to contend with the agenderisation of media reports in addition to potential media reporting that's intentional to control share price.

Bottom line is in order for Ratcliffe to get this deal done and signed he's going to need the support of all associated with the club from directors, shareholders and sponsors. It's not self-evident how this minority offer benefits anyone including the asset and any deal that leaves the Glazers in charge will have resistance from all quarters due to the clubs financials and outlook and not least due to them apparently refusing a world record offer for a sports team at more than double the assets valuation. The Glazers need to sell this Ratcliffe offer and make such a compelling case for it that the aforementioned parties will agree to it.

People forget this is a publicly listed company and public listed process - it's not a private bid. So with that in mind, Ratcliffe and the Glazers have a lot of work to do to get this over the line and even then it may not be enough. Full sale is preferable to everyone, not just the fans.

Marcelinho87

I don’t understand why this is still classed as an INEOS project when Jim is on record telling INEOS creditors that none of INEOS money will be used. It’s a Jim Ratcliffe project. Why should INEOS get free publicity
you can bet INEOS will be involved when it comes to taking the next step and then you have INEOS men Brailsford and Blanc - it’s INEOS one way or another

wolvored

Originally Ineos was taking the debt on when it was the 69% sale, we heard a year ago. Perhaps they might be taking over a percentage still.

hobbers

Surely you want someone to oversee the scouting network and data analysis, and someone who has the contacts for negotiations and maintaining good relationships with other clubs

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Happy anniversary everyone , on two football directors we have a lot of catching up to do and a club of our size I don’t see why not.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Have you not got any more info from your sources about all this?
I asked but nah , he hasn’t been in contact with INEOS for a while and I haven’t seen the other guy since May. Still sticking to November though as that came from the very top of INEOS.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Yep , so I was told it would be done in November, I fully expected it to be this week but course anything Glazers they will drag it along forever.

Honestly I don't think it happens this year now, certainly not this week.

There will be any excuse they can muster up, they always do. Next week it will be something about waiting until December as there are a few more details to understand.

When Dec comes, they will say Christmas and New Year means there will be little movement as the Glazers etc are spending it with family and no business.

Then Jan will come and the excuse will be - oh its Jan window and the hierarchy would like a fresh break and to finalize outside of the Jan window. Then Feb will come and maybe only then we may get something but can imagine there will be some BS issue.

Sickening and this is how it will be with them over SJR, they will delay, pontificate, wait, delay and repeat on any approval.
I don’t think the Glazers will want to be finalising a deal like this around Pancake Day, let alone Valentines Day, so February is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.