Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelinho87

Honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. The buy-in from Jim is essentially to get the Glazers some extra money right? They're not going to give him proper control of anything and there's nothing to suggest he'd be any less useless and money-grabbing than the other Glazers anyway.

So far it seems like he'll bring in some of his own people (which could be better than the current rabble maybe) and the Glazers will make a few hundred million more from the club, and then it's more-or-less business as usual.
Jim isn’t buying in for the laugh, he’s not as stupid as a Glazer.

he could well be useless nobody know but he isn’t buying Manchester United to money grab when all it does is spit out peanuts in comparison to what else he owns.

cyberman

Julien Laurens' account of Nice since Ratcliffe took over sounds shambolic; hope they've learned from their many mistakes. Add to that, Rob Dawson writing that Ten Hag expects to retain his veto of all incoming and outgoing transfers; he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near transfer decisions.
Of course he does, that’s ridiculous. especially outgoings

Pes6Monster

That's just a poorly simplistic, thought-out narrative. Not everything is so binary in the world. It's like criticism of Israel on the war in Gaza and then being called an anti-semite.
A ridiculous false equivalence. Which itself was a hallmark of the pro-Qatar narrative. 'Yeah, but the West...' and so forth.

The reason I responded to Berbaclass was deliberate. It's because he was pro-Qatar, but has accepted Qatar's state bid has failed and is willing to give another their shout. Fair play, and we could with more of this.

Thats why this negotiation is so difficult and has been dragging on.
I'd say it's dragging on because Joel Glazer wants assurances about the staff hired around him. He's had favourable yes-men, including managers, for too long and wants his tummy tickled. Again.

Ratcliffe, whom I do not admire, knows this and is attempting to pacify his influence. Have all the 'final word' you want but any bad decisions are literally upon him if he doesn't play ball. There'll be no Ed, Arnie, Riggs or Murtough to rely upon.

The financial side is difficult, but manageable. Just greedy shareholders bemoaning their blood payout from Qatar, but it's no longer optional.

If Maldini comes Licha will be sacked. He doesn't like tackles.
AWB will be shitting himself.

LordSpud

Doing away with all the media shite? Hopefully they get rid of the shameless social media admin too

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Doing away with all the media shite? Hopefully they get rid of the shameless social media admin too
We won't be successful again until they stop doing the line-up graphics in number order.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

"My boyhood club is Manchester United"
proceeds to paint his portofolio website all blue and not even a nice one
out of all possible RGB combinations he chose the shit one

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Yet another clueless article from the Sun first off the purchase is apparently by Sir Jim himself, and and not officially through INEOS, even though really we know that they are one in the same, but for the sake of official documentation it will be through him privately.

Also, aren’t they purchasing just 25% which, as far as I know, is below the threshold for ownership of two clubs in Europe .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
We won't be successful again until they stop doing the line-up graphics in number order.
Number order apart from the goalkeeper is always first. Even though Onana is #24.

I genuinely think it’s because the social media team have no idea about football and cannot infer the formation from the team sheet.

Revaulx

Poor guy is losing his job!

Empathy seems to be in short supply nowadays.
Er, have you seen his website?

He’s a freelance who does as much for City as us.

I very much doubt the reason his contract hasn’t been renewed has anything to do with Evil Sir Jim.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

Nice picture but can he take a nice picture on a cold February night in Stoke?

Hoof the ball

"My boyhood club is Manchester United"
proceeds to paint his portofolio website all blue and not even a nice one
out of all possible RGB combinations he chose the shit one

Worse, he worked for Man City before he worked for his "boyhood" club. Worse than Schmeichel if you ask me, this.

Also, if anyone is wondering, this is the cnut who is responsible for us adopting City's 'line ups according to ascending kit number' approach.

Last edited:

Blood Mage

It would be a mental decision for United to walk away from social media. Our fanbase would shrink considerably.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Worse, he worked for Man City before he worked for his "boyhood" club. Worse than Schmeichel if you ask me, this.

Also, if anyone is wondering, this is the cnut who is responsible for us adopting City's 'line ups according to ascending kit number' approach.

:lol: and here I was wondering why the feck is his site all blue. It hurt my eyes too. Boyhood club huh... sounds legit.

Lyng

Didnt know we had the villain from Despicable Me working us.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Doom mongering fans releasing rumors of getting banned from UEFA because of Nice... Even though that rule wouldn't apply to us, because:
  1. INEOS wouldn't be involved in United. It's SJR separately. so it's not multi club ownership
  2. It's only 25%, it's not full ownership. So again, not the same.
I'm sure eventually it will be INEOS and full ownership, but I'm sure the multi club thing will be resolved by then

wolvored

Yet another clueless article from the Sun first off the purchase is apparently by Sir Jim himself, and and not officially through INEOS, even though really we know that they are one in the same, but for the sake of official documentation it will be through him privately.

Also, aren’t they purchasing just 25% which, as far as I know, is below the threshold for ownership of two clubs in Europe .
Its not clueless as Ratcliffe virtually owns Ineos. How he would say hes not involved in either club would take some ingenius out of the box thinking. I think the rules will be changed, or at least bent, similar to Red Bull.

cyberman

I see the wait one week and report old news as your own bluffer is on the case again

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

This was Ratcliffe's endgame the entire time. Get rid of the shit tweets that arrange the players by number instead of position :drool:

Edit: it seems I'm just copying Solius. No change there then...

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I see the wait one week and report old news as your own bluffer is on the case again

Literally zero chance this is true. As if the majority shareholders, the control freaks that are the Glazers, are going to let a minority share holder run the club without them having a say. Bollocks.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Poor guy is losing his job!

Empathy seems to be in short supply nowadays.
He's not being sacked, his contract is finished, if he was any good he'd get a new one, just like a player would, and given how United have given out contracts to mediorce players he must be really bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.