Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

George The Best

Potter changing The Theatre Of Dreams into The Deathly Hallows, would seem about right. Since the Glazer’s it’s always been a Chamber of Secrets

Blood Mage

How could anyone have seen Potter's stint at Chelsea and thought 'yeah that's the guy we need to wake up this sleeping giant'

Yorke to Cole

Let's not forget, Custis was the one who said Jassim was in the brink of ownership back in August. That turned out to be tripe.

Chumpsbechumps

How could anyone have seen Potter's stint at Chelsea and thought 'yeah that's the guy we need to wake up this sleeping giant'
Potter would be a terrible start to SJRs supposed restructure of excellence. The modern day Alan Curbishly would seriously be some April fools joke.

AndySmith1990

Potter would be a terrible start to SJRs supposed restructure of excellence. The modern day Alan Curbishly would seriously be some April fools joke.
It's very difficult to take people seriously when they say things like this about a decent manager, but then at the same time relentlessly defend Ten Hag

Amity Survivor

Interesting, I could see potter in the job , it would be interesting to see how he handles it , seeing how Poch is doing at Chelsea it makes me think we can’t judge him on his Chelsea stint too harshly, might be a genius move, it pains me to say it but I think it’s time for a change, and not just at manager level but every level below, sideways and above .

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I liked Potter based on what he did at Brighton and his career prior to that. Hard to say how much of the Chelsea debacle was down to him, as it was Todd Boehly running the show and playing DoF. They spent a small fortune since he left too and they're no better really.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I liked Potter based on what he did at Brighton and his career prior to that. Hard to say how much of the Chelsea debacle was down to him, as it was Todd Boehly running the show and playing DoF. They spent a small fortune since he left too and they're no better really.
Atleast he can make subs to change a game

Chumpsbechumps

I liked ETH based on what he did at Ajax and his career prior to that. Hard to say how much of the Man United debacle was down to him, as it was Avram/Joel Glazer running the show and playing DoF. They spent a small fortune since every manager left too and they're no better really.
Yeh, will prob agree with that.

croadyman

As long as journalists feel that United fans will keep clicking on these "next week" news, though they know jackshit about when it is gonna happen.
You would have to be gullible to still keep falling for this next week clickbait BS

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Yeh, will prob agree with that.
Two problems. Firstly, ETH is the man to blame for our signings. Maybe he shouldn't have been allowed this responsibility and we should have turned him down for the job when he told our club he wanted that to take the job. But here we are.

Secondly, I'll give anybody a chance if they've shown potential in the past. Potter hasn't failed here like ETH and is therefore an unknown quantity really. Emery failed at Arsenal and now look. Ange hadn't proven himself at a decent level prior to Spurs and has reversed their fortunes and got them playing good football. Sometimes a manager will just click with a group of players and away they go.

Chumpsbechumps

Two problems. Firstly, ETH is the man to blame for our signings. Maybe he shouldn't have been allowed this responsibility and we should have turned him down for the job when he told our club he wanted that to take the job. But here we are.

Secondly, I'll give anybody a chance if they've shown potential in the past. Potter hasn't failed here like ETH and is therefore an unknown quantity really. Emery failed at Arsenal and now look. Ange hadn't proven himself at a decent level prior to Spurs and has reversed their fortunes and got them playing good football. Sometimes a manager will just click with a group of players and away they go.
Emery failed under a different ownership to Arteta.

Most Chelsea managers under Roman had at least one good season, their new owner is a disaster.

No United manager has done well since the glazers took complete control of football operations in 2013.

These aren’t all coincidence. Managers can’t thrive with sh¥t owners who don’t create a culture of excellence , it really is that simple.

JagUTD

#IneosOut

I'm joining the ranks of the insane and going off the deep end on day one if Potter becomes our manager. Worst manager we've ever had, low IQ, absolute fraud, hasn't even won a fecking game.

#PotterOut

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Most Chelsea managers under Roman had at least one good season, their new owner is a disaster.

No United manager has done well since the glazers took complete control of football operations in 2013.

These aren’t all coincidence. Managers can’t thrive with sh¥t owners who don’t create a culture of excellence , it really is that simple.
Wasnt Kroenke already the full owner of Arsenal when Emery was hired?

Also, the Glazers took full control of United in 2005 when Fergie was around.

Its not too difficult to check on these facts.

putzmcgee123

Not giving this joker any attention after he claimed the Sheikh had it in the bag and an announcement was penciled in for (IIRC) September. No way. I hope he is right, but I'd hoped he was right back then too, and look where that got me.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Brexit Jim kicking off his tenure at the club with his very own David Moyes appointment would be a pretty fecking hilarious conclusion to this whole process :lol:

putzmcgee123

Just to reiterate what yourself and I have said. This is not groundbreaking news. The multiple ownership issues is a question that was pointed to both INEOS and the 92 Foundation.

Therefore, it should have been prepared for. If Ratcliffe knew he was the preferred buyer since May, this should have been one of the easier hurdles to clear.

I think the stock exchange issue may still be there and as you say the path to full ownership.

What is occurring on the pitch is catastrophic. I do think this issue hanging over has not helped. Ten Hag is still to be held to account, but I think some of the players wanted Qatar. I can just imagine that, but I maybe wrong.
The listing on the stock exchange is actually the only reason I have left for feeling optimistic about any kind of deal happening. If this review ends with no transaction, they will have to explain to those shareholders why their decision benefits the plc and maximizes the value for shareholders. They will have no valid case to make for that and will get sued into the next dimension. The outcome of those lawsuits, I cannot speculate on, as my field of expertise is risk and compliance, not legal. The Glazers may be majority shareholders, but as directors of the plc, they have a fiduciary responsibility to the other shareholders and cannot arbitrarily act without care or consideration for them.

From the outside looking in, the biggest obstacle to any deal is that the equity is structured in such a way that nothing significant can happen without all of the Glazer siblings agreeing to it (the Class B/Class A conversion mechanism which has been talked to death). My money is on that being the principal cause for the incessant delays. Part of me just can't help but hope Jimmy B has got a 90+3' up his sleeve, and the prolonged negotiations are for mechanisms that secure his controlling future stake at an inflated price.

croadyman

Yeah before that Chelsea tenure he interested me,however his time there was a disaster so please look elsewhere

hobbers

Good sign for Ineos to start off with a proven loser as their first manager pick.

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal

As you said, not too difficult to check on facts.
https://www.espn.com.sg/soccer/story/_/id/39048034/unai-emery-arsenal-failure-victim-circumstance

Josh Kroenke was less involved previously, questions around Raul Sanhelli (who criminally signed Pepe for 72 mil) and sven mislintat who did well initially but couldn't get along with parts of the club. Not to mention the significance of player power which Arteta managed to address over the last few years.
so yes, same ownership, but the contextual details in between have evolved since.

In any case, Unai Emery has also evolved since he was last in the premier league. Good on him. I did like him but the results towards the end at Arsenal meant that he had to go. The club is in a better place now. It's a win for everyone. (though not entirely unless Arsenal win something besides the FA Cup again)

sirAlexsglasses

Spot on, in my line of work we used to be ran like how the Glazers run United, we implemented a Center of excellence which trickled down and incorporated data on a massive scale…..now we have continued measured success.

padzilla

Hipster
Any rival supporters out there who would take Potter ahead of Ten Hag at their club based purely on footballing merits?

Chumpsbechumps

Somebody else addressed your comments on Kroenke.

As for Glazers , they were not remotely as heavily involved on football side pre Ferguson exit. All they did was get the marketing done and left SAF to it. Woodwards appointment changed all that. The only thing they did when they bought the club was limit what Ferguson could spend, including the sale of the clubs best player and the purchase of Valencia as a replacement.

I can’t understand anybody defending the glazers on any level at this stage.

Last edited:

Telsim

It's Custis, so the opposite is true.

It's an amusing thought experiment, though. Brailsford and Potter. Heh. The past few dreadful years will become the good old times. I'd genuinely rather stick with Ten Hag.

CallyRed

When it rains, it pisses down. Especially bad because we have a leaking roof.

Pes6Monster

Any rival supporters out there who would take Potter ahead of Ten Hag at their club based purely on footballing merits?
Rival supporters would likely say 'yes, absolutely' to this, Pat, and proceed to take the p whenever it goes badly.

Whenever he is removed they'll suddenly and rather suspiciously take Potter's side, accuse United of 'ruining' him and make supercilious claims like 'he wasn't given enough time'.

Hated. Adored. Never ignored. Unfortunately.

The update says 'if (Ratcliffe) fires ten Hag'. We have to remember EtH was hired to achieve Liverpool/City status. a bright, innovative coach designed to assimilate. It's been a disaster in this regard.

Potter is an obvious 'pro-British' choice to chime with Ratcliffe's ideological nonsense. Plus, it is Custis - a(nother) proven liar whose stock sadly rose here whenever he spoonfed a pro-Qatar narrative. More clickbait is possible.

The only sporting interpretation is Ineos reckon we are 5-8 club, and want a manager to reflect such.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Brexit Jim kicking off his tenure at the club with his very own David Moyes appointment would be a pretty fecking hilarious conclusion to this whole process :lol:
Guaranteed way to turn his supporters and the undecided against him. The wave of ‘I told you so’ if this happens would be sickening :(

Coops73

It's Custis, so the opposite is true.

It's an amusing thought experiment, though. Brailsford and Potter. Heh. The past few dreadful years will become the good old times. I'd genuinely rather stick with Ten Hag.
Exactly, wasn’t he claiming the Qatari fella would have his feet under the table by November? The bloke is so shit I actually feel a little bit sorry for him, constantly making a tit out of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.