Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeh1991

This Ashworth stuff is really exciting. Man it makes this waiting for this to get over the line all the more agonizing
That's the main reason I preferred Sir Jim over Jassim from the beginning, as I speculated the former would throw different international professionals into a mix without any logic behind the appointments aside from their achievements, while the latter seems to be planning to go for the best national experts (Ashworth, maybe Mitchell), combined with their own people who bring lots of expertise (Blanc). The club has lost it's identity since SAF left and with a well-structured board, we could recreate that identity again. If only Kieran McKenna would turn out to be the next big manager and return as our head coach sooner than later, everything would be perfect.

Brophs

The One and Only
Anything to be said for a breakaway forum? I know we haven’t tried it before on here but who knows? I might be crazy enough to work.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
This is like saying we are going to start walking on our feet instead of on all fours, it's hardly revolutionary it's just playing on an even field

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
@Berbaclass is full of shite and pollutes this thread with Tweets from old slopey head because he helps him run the Muppetiers discord and you’re an annoying Tory who was crying to me in PMs when you were thread banned saying that the mods here are nazis and that everyone is a “left wing woke crybaby at RedCafe.”

Your words, not mine! :lol:

I’ll take the ban, this place is shite anyway - who still uses forums that resemble a website from 2006 anyway? Real Boomer stuff, see you on Reddit.

Good night!
Oh dear :lol:

tomaldinho1

As if the Glazers will be giving up on a fee from Sancho :lol: or anyone.
Even if they can get £20m it's still a shit load of money.

No doubt anyone with any common sense would have a word with our recruitment team about renewals though, we've had probably about 80% of the league's highest earners here and most have been woeful.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I'm completely detached from any stories now. It is obviously all speculation or even lip service from those within the club, who are equally in the dark.

Eleven-Eighteen

Hearing all the right things from Sir Jim and the people he wants to bring in.
Sigh. A sign of jaded I am that nothing, not even this instills any hope in me anymore. I'll believe it when I see a string of games where the players give it their all and play good football

Telsim

CONFIDENTIAL: INEOS are planning to resurrect Johan Cruyff and appoint him as Director-of-Football! He will be joining INEOS's team consisting Dan Ashworth, Michael Edwards, Paul Mitchell, Dougie Freedman, and Txiki Bergstein. In addition, Sir Alex Ferguson will undergo top secret INEOS regeneration treatment and will be reinstated as manager. INEOS also have plans of having Jesus Christ as head of the medical department, whether that will help Manchester United's recent injury crisis remains to be seen. INEOS.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
CONFIDENTIAL: INEOS are planning to resurrect Johan Cruyff and appoint him as Director-of-Football! He will be joining INEOS's team consisting Dan Ashworth, Michael Edwards, Paul Mitchell, Dougie Freedman, and Txiki Bergstein. In addition, Sir Alex Ferguson will undergo top secret INEOS regeneration treatment and will be reinstated as manager. INEOS also have plans of having Jesus Christ as head of the medical department. INEOS.
Don't get the point of this post to be honest.

Telsim

Don't get the point of this post to be honest.
I'm obviously making fun of these journalist who know exactly feck all what's going to happen. Something each and every one of them has proven time and again over the past year. That, and the high-end INEOS PR machine.

Not exactly hard to guess.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm obviously making fun of these journalist who know exactly feck all what's going to happen. Something each and every one of them has proven time and again over the past year. That, and the high-end INEOS PR machine.

Not exactly hard to guess.
Think your point through a bit better - if this was an INEOS PR machine, why would they name drop their top candidates? If they didn't get one or both of them only they would end up looking bad.

Also a couple of these journalists are known to be credible.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Think your point through a bit better - if this was an INEOS PR machine, why would they name drop their top candidates? If they didn't get one or both of them only they would end up looking bad.

Also the Ashworth stuff has come from a good Newcastle source

Brophs

The One and Only

Hearing all the right things from Sir Jim and the people he wants to bring in.
Plus he looks like an actor playing Jim Ratcliffe in a straight-to-video movie about his life.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s easy to state that’s how you are going to be approaching contracts and transfers but wait until it’s August and you haven’t signed anyone for a key position and agents are demanding terms favourable to their client before they think about signing for United over City, Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid and Barcelona.

Laurencio

It’s easy to state that’s how you are going to be approaching contracts and transfers but wait until it’s August and you haven’t signed anyone for a key position and agents are demanding terms favourable to their client before they think about signing for United over City, Liverpool, Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid and Barcelona.
Isn't that why we're getting experienced heads in? Ashworth, Mitchell and Blanc will all have experience in dealing with all of that?

croadyman

Wonder IF we could still attract Maldini down the line too once the structure is sorted

Telsim

If you name drop everyone, get one correct, then dismiss the rest as unfounded rumours and sweep it under the carpet, who is to say you failed? It's a classic method. How much of it is INEOS and how much of it is journos baiting is hard to tell. Say, if Ashworth stays at Newcastle, can you prove a contact was initiated, but it fell through? Neither can I. The man himself already denied the links, as one would expect, even if contact was made. Of course, even a single one of those names would be an upgrade over the current regime.

And all of these journos have long since lost the right to be called credible as far this story is concerned, no doubt it's not entirely through their own fault. The only source I will personally believe at this stage is an Official Statement posted on official club pages.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Isn't Dan Ashworth still with Newcastle?
Where would rather work? In, bleh, Newcastle - surrounding by Scots on stag and hen nights, drinking a pint of brown water and saying "howay". Or Manchester, home of @Cheimoon and @calodo2003.

He'll come, he's just waiting to share a taxi with Frenkie.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If you name drop everyone, get one correct, then dismiss the rest as unfounded rumours and sweep it under the carpet, who is to say you failed? It's a classic method. How much of it is INEOS and how much of it is journos baiting is hard to tell. Say, if Ashworth stays at Newcastle, can you prove a contact was initiated, but it fell through? Neither can I. The man himself already denied the links, as one would expect, even if contact was made. Of course, even a single one of those names would be an upgrade over the current regime.

And all of these journos have long since lost the right to be called credible as far this story is concerned, no doubt it's not entirely through their own fault. The only source I will personally believe at this stage is an Official Statement posted on official club pages.
They aren't naming everyone, firstly. Secondly, your final sentence shows you don't believe any journalist whatsoever, which sounds like a personal problem with news. In which case, just ignore it. Don't give sarcastic BS about what you think of it?

devilo

So aim to do your business early and have a shortlist of candidates for any one position. That way you can walk away from those where ridiculous demands are being made. Let them sign for City, Pool, whoever. It's about time we concentrated on recruiting players that are right for utd. They either want to play for us or they don't and it's not like we will be offering them peanuts.

Brophs

The One and Only
Ding ding.

Status
Not open for further replies.