Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The way Nicky Butt was treated was disgraceful. He did a good job overseeing the academy and then was happy enough to move aside for Nick Cox who he thought was better suited for it than he was. He was stabbed in the back by Murtough and good on him for confronting Murtough face to face. Not going to lie as I was reading the article I thought Whitwell was going to confirm the rumour that was going about that Butt punched Murtough. :lol:

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
You're struggling. No one is advocating for him being a DoF. The point is he did a lot of good in his role for 6 years prior. He can be an asset to the club, just not thrust into this role. That's broadly the point that's been made by various journalists and is appearing to be the impression on INEOS.
No one is advocating for him to be DoF, yet I'm the one that's struggling.

Okay mate, the mere fact you bring up his previous 6 years when I specifically mentioned his current role means this conversation is dead, I don't really enjoy talking with condescending people who move goal posts to suit their agenda.

Have a great Christmas.

Superden

youd think the attendees at the safety health and environment show would know raw chicken when they see it, and wouldnt get ill from actually eating it.

unless of course this all some internet meme / in joke / code for something else.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That’s a new low ,hard to imagine what else we can uncover about our mess of a club
I said this a few years ago.
The club personnel need to be changed from top to bottom.
Every single part of that club is run poorly. Not one thing about our club is top tier.

Had we been bought by the Middle East, a lot of (incompetent) personnel would've been replaced.

kerrygold

Supports
united
Prized prospective recruit coming to have a look at your club. Ya think maybe it would be a good idea to have one of the greatest managers of all time give the recruiting pitch on behalf of the club? Naw. We good boss. Carry on.
The levels of mismanagement at this club should be taught as case studies at universities.

Chumpsbechumps

Funny bit from that report is Ole signing off on the Amad signing, assuming he's a youth team signing... Only to then find out the fee later and realize he was expected to have a first team impact :lol:
I think a similar thing prob happened with Anthony and many other players where United managers hadn’t a clue how much uniyed we’re gonna be mugged and how much it would affect their other signings budget

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The Athletic article is actually a fair and balanced piece. While they expose many of the problems that still exist at United they are also quick to give Murtough credit for where he has done well. As with most things in life, it’s not all good or all bad. It’s a mixed bag.

Changes are clearly needed as there are glaring deficiencies. It does seem like Murtough has a lot to offer, but should not be the most senior person.

Revaulx

My boy not as good as i thought he was! I’ve been betrayed! :(
These things happen.

I’ve always been wary of loading blame onto Murtough because it appeared that he’d been burdened with responsibilities that were beyond his capabilities. As the article says, he’s an administrator not a visionary, so he isn’t going to be any sort of recruitment genius.

The article makes it clear that those responsibilities were actively sought by him, not foisted upon him unwillingly. If any of it is true he needs to go; the new regime can do without inheriting political schemers.

Revaulx

The Athletic article is actually a fair and balanced piece. While they expose many of the problems that still exist at United they are also quick to give Murtough credit for where he has done well. As with most things in life, it’s not all good or all bad. It’s a mixed bag.

Changes are clearly needed as there are glaring deficiencies. It does seem like Murtough has a lot to offer, but should not be the most senior person.
Not sure about that. He seems to be a well liked and capable administrator, but as I just observed to @UnitedSofa he’s also a cunning politician who has managed to get himself promoted into a senior role with responsibilities he’s not cut out for.

I’m not sure I’d want that sort of person hanging around.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
The way Nicky Butt was treated was disgraceful. He did a good job overseeing the academy and then was happy enough to move aside for Nick Cox who he thought was better suited for it than he was. He was stabbed in the back by Murtough and good on him for confronting Murtough face to face. Not going to lie as I was reading the article I thought Whitwell was going to confirm the rumour that was going about that Butt punched Murtough. :lol:
"who, like others in this article, is speaking on condition of anonymity to protect their position"

Is used in every article about us ffs

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Ref The Athletic article:

Good article but a few things.

1) SEG agency corruption will come out soon, it's too obvious.
2) Murtough being liked by agents is because we spunk huge money on their players and they get their fees. You want to be disliked by agents.
3) Clearly the staff and back office are a shambles.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
No one is advocating for him to be DoF, yet I'm the one that's struggling.

Okay mate, the mere fact you bring up his previous 6 years when I specifically mentioned his current role means this conversation is dead, I don't really enjoy talking with condescending people who move goal posts to suit their agenda.

Have a great Christmas.
My point, nor the snippet from Athletic I posted, nor Luckhurst was referring to him being in a DoF role. You can talk all you want about how bad he is in that role but an insinuation that he's not an asset anywhere in the club would be baseless.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
9 pm: Welcome ladies and gentlemen of the gathered press.
Today at Manchester United we announce we have a new sponsor for our coffee in the players break room. We will how take any questions you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.