Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiriticon

Not sure why the timing is bad, but this should have been done months ago.

The Glazers are simply not serious businessmen and I for one am surprised they haven't asked Jim for another 5 billion this week.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
With this (featuring @didz)

Fairytale of Ten Hag

It was Christmas Eve Jim,
Down at Carrington,
Murtagh says to me, we won’t see another one.

And then he sang a song,
You’re getting sacked tomorrow,
I turned my face away, and dreamed of the Eredivise..

Got on a lucky one,
Lost by two goals to one,
I’ve got a feeling, this year we’ll be top four,
So happy Christmas,
I love you Jimmy
I can see a better time
When all our dreams come true..

They've got pace, they've got Sheikhs, dodgy rivers I'm told,
And the teams pass right through, it's no place for the old,
When you first came along to the Premier League,
You promised me glory was waiting for me.

You were handsome, you were pretty
King of Amsterdam City
When de Jong finished playing they’d be howling for more,
Fletcher was grinning and Murtough was singing
Arnold watched on from his local bar..

The boys of the New York Stock Exchange are chasing a payday,

And the bells are ringing out for the close of trade.

The boys in the MUFC squad are downing tools again,

And the fans keep turning up,
For groundhog day..
This is great! Good effort to get this deal over the line lads, well done to all contributors! :keano:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
The fact that this thread has only grown by a couple of pages today despite the strong rumours coming out shows how worn down we all are from this debacle.
This. Rushed to this thread because Sam Matterface on TalkSPORT talking about it. Come to RedCafe, barely anything.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
As long as he has the majority in the near term I can live with that
Agreed. Him running the football side is all I really care about, and implementing a different structure. Having someone who actually gives a shit has to make a difference, surely.

Castia

That's what will ultimately hold us back. Jim/Ineos aren't going to pump millions into something they don't own 100% whilst the leaches sit back and profit

Short term we should benefit with the improved football setup of the club but long term I think we're fecked. I don't see where the stadium money/cash for players is coming from under this structure

Lets see I cant wait to see his plans for the club.

laughtersassassin

That's what will ultimately hold us back. Jim/Ineos aren't going to pump millions into something they don't own 100% whilst the leaches sit back and profit
That doesn't seem to be the case. Already a 300 million initial investment by Ineos. Pretty great considering they only own 25%

I'd say while there is no guaranteed path to full 100% ownership it's very likely we will see them work towards majority over the next two years.

Strangest Tribe

Glazers are still here so it changes nothing in my eyes, I will never celebrate until every fibre of their being is cleansed from the club.

sixdwarf

I am fed up with the media saying Ratcliffe's share purchase is 'investment'. IT IS NOT. The reporting is inaccurate and many fans who dont know better repeat this. The money on the shares goes to the GLAZERS - not the club. If brand new shares were being bought that is different but that is NOT what this is. It is a simple financial transaction between Ratcliffe and the Glazers.

Now if Ratcliffe was going to pump separate money in then fine but there is not a dickie bird about that unlike the Qataris.

The only change seems to be that Ratcliffe and his cronies will be more hands on in terms of managing the football operations. But that is NOT investment either. Neither will his people have the final day. The owners do. And they are...the Glazers.

All this is a a shuffling of expertise as it stands. Please do not be hoodwinked by lazy 'investment' terminology.

It is not a revolution and Ratcliffe is.NOT the messiah. He is a very naughty boy.

seasidedaz

I have seen nothing here to celebrate at all.look’s like nothing is going to change at all. And this has taken over a year shocking but not surprised at all.

MDFC Manager

I am fed up with the media saying Ratcliffe's share purchase is 'investment'. IT IS NOT. The reporting is inaccurate and many fans who dont know better repeat this. The money on the shares goes to the GLAZERS - not the club. If brand new shares were being bought that is different but that is NOT what this is. It is a simple financial transaction between Ratcliffe and the Glazers.

Now if Ratcliffe was going to pump separate money in then fine but there is not a dickie bird about that unlike the Qataris.

The only change seems to be that Ratcliffe and his cronies will be more hands on in terms of managing the football operations. But that is NOT investment either. Neither will his people have the final day. The owners do. And they are...the Glazers.

All this is a a snuffling of expertise as it stands. Please do not be hoodwinked by lazy 'investment' terminology.
To be fair, in financial terms it is an investment.

Castia

That doesn't seem to be the case. Already a 300 million initial investment by Ineos. Pretty great considering they only own 25%

I'd say while there is no guaranteed path to full 100% ownership it's very likely we will see them work towards majority over the next two years.
I don't want to be negative, especially on Xmas eve but that 300m isn't going to touch the sides is it. The stadium/training facilities need a major overhaul that will probably pay for a fresh coat of paint and possibly a new roof.

I mean we hired the guys who developed the Spurs stadium to draw up plans for OT a couple of years ago, it's gone from that to being happy with a 300m face lift? talk about a downgrade

onemanarmy

All this is a a shuffling of expertise as it stands. Please do not be hoodwinked by lazy 'investment' terminology.

It is not a revolution and Ratcliffe is.NOT the messiah. He is a very naughty boy.
It's been widely reported for months he will.

padzilla

Hipster
I have no doubt that the Glazers plan to milk every penny they can out of Ineos and United and this is far from an ideal set up with them still bleeding us dry, however if they are not involved in the footballing side of the club then it can only be good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.