g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Four Glazers at the early stages of getting out. Other two. Well, being encircled somewhat. Only way this could be done. We have avoided some despicable regime dressing in the clothes of the club. Poor Newcastle. Not perfect. But cause for a little bit of hope. Greetings, all.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Correct, important to see the $300m investment in the correct light.
This was going to my question - couldn’t find an answer online when this was initially announced on Christmas Eve. So the £300m investment will result in new shares being issued for that value? Any idea what ownership % that would take INEOS to if it’s over and above the initial 25%?

Going forward do you know how further investment and dilution would work in practise? Presumably issuing new shares would require Board approval so does that mean it can be blocked by the Glazers - i.e. if INEOS wanted to invest £2bn into infrastructure is that an open pathway to ultimately gaining majority control?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I highly doubt it'll be within 18 months. There's a fair chance he will get majority ownership, but I'd expect more like 5 years, maybe even closer to 10. And when looking at that time frame there does become a bit of a worry of Ratcliffe's age becoming a problem. He'll probably be fine, but you never know.
Jim Ratcliffe has kids, so there won't be much to worry about.

Last edited:

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
We took a line of credit out with Santander two years ago just to fund transfers. So no it’s not the same as spreading payments over multiple years. Either you have no clue how bad our situation is or you’re being wilfully ignorant.
Erm, how do you think that credit is paid back out of interest?
You think United just cough up money at the end of the term, or spread the cost of that credit put over numerous years?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Four Glazers at the early stages of getting out. Other two. Well, being encircled somewhat. Only way this could be done. We have avoided some despicable regime dressing in the clothes of the club. Poor Newcastle. Not perfect. But cause for a little bit of hope. Greetings, all.
Well at least we’ll have the moral high ground when Newcastle are winning Champions Leagues and we are consistently fighting to finish in Europa League spots.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I love the fact they have to keep saying how successful the club has been commercially when slating the football side of stuff to not piss the Glazers off :lol:

Anyway, fair play to him - he’s putting himself front and centre taking full responsibility - I think he’s mad but hopefully they can sort us out.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jim Ratcliffe has kids, so there won't be much to worry about.

No idea what they are like though. They may not have any interest in Utd or football, so if Ratcliffe starts having health issues and the sons become closer to taking over (if they are intended to inherit his businesses) they may shelve the plan to become majority owner. Of course that would raise serious long-term questions whether he has a majority or not.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Well they still don’t seem to realise that Ineos don’t own any shares; so I’m going with “no”.
Think they’re saying Ironic because it’s not INEOS who get the additional shareholding, it’s Trawlers Ltd.
Educate

https://x.com/ineos/status/1738954765197877497?s=46&t=BENxQbNwlN1pIMGY-MJfyQ

SJR chairman of INEOS, Trawlers = SJR

SJR = Trawlers = INEOS

I also refer you to the United statement:

“Sir Jim and INEOS bring a wealth of commercial experience as well as significant financial commitment into the Club. And, through INEOS Sport, Manchester United will have access to seasoned high-performance professionals, experienced in creating and leading elite teams from both inside and outside the game. Manchester United has talented people right across the Club and our desire is to always improve at every level to help bring our great fans more success in the future.”

I am well aware the shares are held by Trawlers
Who is chaired by SJR the club is being operated by INEOS of which SJR is also the chair.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Goblins are known for their trickery and love of mischief. They are typically associated with hoarding treasure.

Gremlins are mischievous entities that cause mayhem. They often sabotage technology.

Glazers are clearly goblins

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Educate

SJR = Trawlers = INEOS

“Sir Jim and INEOS bring a wealth of commercial experience as well as significant financial commitment into the Club. And, through INEOS Sport, Manchester United will have access to seasoned high-performance professionals, experienced in creating and leading elite teams from both inside and outside the game. Manchester United has talented people right across the Club and our desire is to always improve at every level to help bring our great fans more success in the future.”

Who is chaired by SJR the club is being operated by INEOS of which SJR is also the chair.
Oh wow you doubled down.

Answer a single question without any waffle: who will be the owner of the 25%?

Loon

:lol:
Is he in a position now to make decisions or does the six-eight week period for it to be finished need to occur?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Educate

SJR = Trawlers = INEOS

The same people are involved, but INEOS the organization will not own anything, nor will any of their subsidiaries.

Marcelinho87

The Glazers ain’t stupid
Yes they are, they had a multi million pound business and ran it so deep into the ground it now operates at a loss.

They haven’t a clue what they are doing and further goes to show this was all Daddy Glazer and these are just chancers.

Sir Jim will run rings round these when it comes to business.

gaffs

Congrats Sir Jim. A Manc owning 25% of MUFC is fantastic.

We will see what happens over the given weeks, months and years, but if he starts to bring in competent people in key positions, then in will be a massive step in the right direction.

Hopefully this ends the last 10 years of throwing good money at bad players.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
I came to say the same thing. It essentially means one and the same :lol:
It doesn't though. The actual legal ownership model is an important distinction that has many ramifications.

The same people are involved but that doesn't mean it's "one and the same" - far from it.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The Gazer cancer is still with us. Does this put it into remission? Doubt it but we can hope.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
But from an ownership/UEFA point of view, it’s completely different. See the Red Bull clubs.
This. Red Bull tweaked the ownership model years ago to avoid any problems with Leipzig and Salzburg in UEFA competitions. We're basically doing the same here, and I expect City Football Group to do similar now that Girona is looking like qualifying for the CL.

Red00012

Yes they are, they had a multi million pound business and ran it so deep into the ground it now operates at a loss.

They haven’t a clue what they are doing and further goes to show this was all Daddy Glazer and these are just chancers.

Sir Jim will run rings round these when it comes to business.
You might want to Google what the Glazers have made from the club by not investing any of their own money

mu4c_20le

Well at least we’ll have the moral high ground when Newcastle are winning Champions Leagues and we are consistently fighting to finish in Europa League spots.
Not if Forest have anything to say about it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
You might want to Google what the Glazers have made from the club by not investing any of their own money
They're good at making money for themselves but they are very stupid when it comes to running a business, in terms of getting that business to operate well and be as strong as it can be. The Glazers made money because they were 8n charge if Man United which was the dominant club during a time when football popularity exploded. They had nothing to do with it from a positive POV. In fact they've overseen a club who had a considerable financial advantage against any other English club turn into just one of many top clubs.

Personal financial gain has nothing to do with how smart they actually are

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
They could have made a hell of a lot more if the club was run better. We could easily have had significantly more revenue coming in while having less funds going out, which would also have led to their shares being worth more. I honestly think they've cost themselves at least a billion pounds over the last decade through mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.