Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mr Burns from Springfield, USA apparently wants to buy the club.

The nuclear energy tycoon has promised to take United to the top and replicate the success of the 1992 Springfield Nuclear Plant Softball team.

Despite evidence that he might not actually be real, Red Cafe users believe he is the best option going forward.
I told you to TRIM those sideburns!!

Balljy

Who'd have thought that the team from a large corporation who remained professional and quiet through the negotiations were the only serious contenders. Jassim saying they had leftover money for investment whilst simultaneously negotiating to pay the least possible must be one of the worst tactics in history.

Werd.

So sounds like Glazers wanted out and gave Qatar every opportunity to close the deal but they just ended up wasting time and SJR swooped in with a more enticing offer in the end.

MDFC Manager

So sounds like Glazers wanted out and gave Qatar every opportunity to close the deal but they just ended up wasting time and SJR swooped in with a more enticing offer in the end.
Quite possible. Glazers preferred to sell the whole thing (A&B) but there were no bidders matching their valuation. Jim played it smart, willing to play the long game, happy to negotiate a decent % with the valuation of glazers liking. Jassim didn't have the money and tried to play around with a fixed budget from Daddy. I think we can safely conclude it wasn't a state bid with these details.

Balljy

How long do we give Brailsford before we want him out?
Given our financial position, lack of money for transfers due to FPP and the cost restructuring resulting in a rebuild that is likely to take at least 3 years I'd give it 1 week after they take control.

C'est Moi Cantona

Just playing devil's advocate really, but Isn't this quite a convenient thing for us all to believe right now.

Werd.

Simon Peach now reporting SJR had given the MUFC board Xmas deadline to accept his offer or he would withdraw.

What a shitshow.

Werd.

Wasn't June/July around the time that all the major financial outlets were going with the Qatar is the preferred bidder news? Sounds like around that time, Glazers/Qatar were ready to draft transactional documents if Qatar could bid 5.2 billion and provide proof of funds.

Redjazz

They couldn’t even prove they had the money, clearly had no chance. It was just a pipe dream people got sucked in by, that was clear a long time ago. Even now people can’t accept it.
I am well aware that people will have opinions on these matters and generally these opinions will reflect their bias for JR, Qatar, or whoever. I frankly don't give a damn about any of them and as a "neutral" my take on the filings sticks to the essential facts. And one of those facts is that Qatar was allowed to remain in the bidding process to the very end despite not offering the customary financial assurances from the very beginning. They were treated as serious bidders and allowed latitude that probably wouldn't be given to others.

Roboc7

I am well aware that people will have opinions on these matters and generally these opinions will reflect their bias for JR, Qatar, or whoever. I frankly don't give a damn about any of them and as a "neutral" my take on the filings sticks to the essential facts. And one of those facts is that Qatar was allowed to remain in the bidding process to the very end despite not offering the customary financial assurances from the very beginning. They were treated as serious bidders and allowed latitude that probably wouldn't be given to others.
We can all see they were in the bidding process and that they couldn’t meet a basic requirement. Like I said clearly more PR than substance.

Rojofiam

I think there are still folks out here who still believe Qatar are coming...... :D
It's all a ruse and PR from Ratcliffe's side!

The SEC filings, Ineos laying their plans out, it's all a ruse to get Qatar to up their bid!

Meeting between Jassim's camp and Raine group in New York yesterday, announcement expected next week!

Emojis: Qatar flag, soon, hourglass, handshake, Statue of Liberty

Redjazz

We can all see they were in the bidding process and that they couldn’t meet a basic requirement. Like I said clearly more PR than substance.
Its clearly your opinion but alas your opinion is not in the filing. If it were , I would have included it in the summary.

Balljy

Proof of funds is pretty basic business due diligence in every transaction isn’t it?!
Yes, it's mainly to make sure that the people who are going to be looking through the accounts in detail are limited to those with an ability to buy. Of course it's possible Qatar never got that far though.

Werd.

One positive from that is that Glazers were definitely willing to sell. They set the price at 5.2 billion. Question is why didn't we have more potential buyers interested in purchasing us outright?

L1nk

One positive from that is that Glazers were definitely willing to sell. They set the price at 5.2 billion. Question is why didn't we have more potential buyers interested in purchasing us outright?
Probably because a lot of people believed the state that the club is in isn't worth the outlay of 5.2 billion just in order to purchase it, on top of what is likely to be hundreds of millions or even billions just sorting out the mess the Glazers have left behind with the team, the stadium and the training ground - and I don't blame them, because it's not worth that in it's current state, alas the Glazers are the sellers and can set whatever price they want.

We're lucky SJR is a boyhood United fan and we were lucky that Qatar (even though they didn't win) at least didn't drop out immediately.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Simon Peach now reporting SJR had given the MUFC board Xmas deadline to accept his offer or he would withdraw.

What a shitshow.
He did the right thing else the Glazers would still be mulling on a deal till at least June

RobbieBerns

People are inevitably going to be impatient with the process of getting this club turned around, but I don’t mind waiting 3+ more years until we’re truly challenging again if it means full systemic rebuilding and restructuring. Clearing out deadwood, lowering our wage bill, getting transfer fees for over the hill players as well as youth players to help get back on the good side of FFP is all a great start. Would much rather rebuild the squad over time by bringing in the right profile of players, including bringing in the right kind of character. That stuff on top of the new/revamped training ground and stadium plans moving forward should be enough to keep fans sated as long as we see proper constructive forward momentum.

Reactions: golden_blunder

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Glazers were willing to sell at 5.2b. There weren't keen to pay the debt which is hoovering around the 1b mark. Then there's the stadium to build/bring back to its former best which is estimated to cost around the 2b mark. Not to forget the squad and personnel which is around 1b away from being title contenders. That means that for United to be back on on top it would cost the new owners around 9-10b give or take. Can you blame potential buyers for not going into that particular project considering

a- Interest rates are off the roof
b- Saudi, Qatar and Abu Dhabi already have a club.

Roboc7

Its clearly your opinion but alas your opinion is not in the filing. If it were , I would have included it in the summary.
They couldn’t meet a basic requirement, it’s just common sense what that tells you.

Status
Not open for further replies.