Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDFC Manager

We're lucky SJR is a boyhood United fan and we were lucky that Qatar (even though they didn't win) at least didn't drop out immediately.
Agreed, i really hope Jim is successful as he's stepped in where nobody else was willing.

BarstoolProphet

Qatar might, actually. I'm beginning to think jassim bid wasn't a Qatar state bid.
Agree. The Jassim bid doesn't really have the fingerprints of QSI on it, it looks more and more like an individual (and quite embarrassing one) one. Especially considering the proof of funding part is quite something. There's a strong possibility that Jassim's family fund (ie his dad's) could in theory afford the outlay - the main issue is that the funds are probably mostly tied to shady assets (offshore), judging by what we know about it through the Papers.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
People are inevitably going to be impatient with the process of getting this club turned around, but I don’t mind waiting 3+ more years until we’re truly challenging again if it means full systemic rebuilding and restructuring. Clearing out deadwood, lowering our wage bill, getting transfer fees for over the hill players as well as youth players to help get back on the good side of FFP is all a great start. Would much rather rebuild the squad over time by bringing in the right profile of players, including bringing in the right kind of character. That stuff on top of the new/revamped training ground and stadium plans moving forward should be enough to keep fans sated as long as we see proper constructive forward momentum.
United are a mess. We leak almost like the OT's roof, our team doesn't care, our football structure is non existent, our current owners are clueless and we can't even cook chicken right. The Liverpool fans I know are struggling to tease us at this point while the old timers I meet (ie those who had been supporting United since the crash) can't think of a worst period then now. They say that even when we got relegated at least we had owners and a team that gave a feck something that goes missing in this current side. All the fans care at this point is progression. SJR must hire football people and the club must stop sending our marquee signings back to their former club on a free/loan though. In few words we need to stop being a banter club

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The financial position we're in is dire.

Will be a long time until we're challenging again, if at all.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The actual nothingness to the Qatar bid likely making some feel incredibly silly today.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Mike Keegan, Kaveh Solhekol, Rio, Custis etc all looking like fools today.

Matt Lawton from The Times who consistently said that Ratcliffe was the lead bidder deserves massive credit for his reporting.

Flying high

Which bit?

Profitability, cash flow, FFP, all?
I'm far from a financial expert, but yeah, all.

Our cash reserves are low. The amount of debt, including transfer debt, is very close to £1b. We are right on the limit for FFP, though I don't know for how long(assuming no incoming transfers) that will remain the case. And we basically don't make a profit once the leeches loans have been paid, and they've taken their dividends. At least that last part will improve this year, as for the rest... Jimmy's got a job on, that's for sure.

MDFC Manager

Agree. The Jassim bid doesn't really have the fingerprints of QSI on it, it looks more and more like an individual (and quite embarrassing one) one. Especially considering the proof of funding part is quite something. There's a strong possibility that Jassim's family fund (ie his dad's) could in theory afford the outlay - the main issue is that the funds are probably mostly tied to shady assets (offshore), judging by what we know about it through the Papers.
Yes I think he could afford it, but only with dad's money. But daddy gave him only a certain amount of money to play with.

Nori-

This whole "Sheikh Jassim was never serious" story is complete nonsense.

It's obviously an attempt downplay his bid and make people believe SJR was the only real option. If you concede no one else was is in the race, you automatically become grateful for whatever you've been given, in this case - SRJ buying 25% and the Glazers staying. (Which 99% of the fanbase didn't want 12 months ago)

If the Qataris had won, we would be hearing the same nonsense about the opposition bids. Its all part of the game. Tactics to win over fans support.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

It's obviously an attempt downplay his bid and make people believe SJR was the only real option. If you concede no one else was is in the race, you automatically become grateful for whatever you've been given, in this case - SRJ buying 25% and the Glazers staying. (Which 99% of the fanbase didn't want 12 months ago)

If the Qataris had won, we would be hearing the same nonsense about the opposition bids. Its all part of the game. Tactics to win over fans support.
But why would SJR want people to believe he was the only one in the race? Surely he’d want people to believe the right group won in the end? It’s not like there’s anything to play for, so why would he engage in this petty nonsense? SJ would because he wants to save face

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

It’s official (legal!) paperwork stating proof of funds was never received. It’s not made up at all.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
In all honesty who cares what the Qataris did or didn't offer? That's old news, I prefer to look forward to INEOS reign of terror.

Plant0x84

In all honesty who cares what the Qataris did or didn't offer? That's old news, I prefer to look forward to INEOS reign of terror.
Yeah you are right, we should definitely gloss over the bit where you backed and bigged up the Qatari offer as the best option for months…… :D ;) (I’m pulling your leg)
Anything for Mbappe, eh lad?! :wenger:

Nori-

But why would SJR want people to believe he was the only one in the race? Surely he’d want people to believe the right group won in the end? It’s not like there’s anything to play for, so why would he engage in this petty nonsense? SJ would because he wants to save face
It's about managing expectations. If the idea Qatar had a chance lingers, SJR has a certain level of success he has to achieve to stop the "what if" brigade.

Say his idea of success is securing top 4 for the next few seasons, there will be people that say "If we had Qatar, first place would have been the goal"......but because they are being painted as never serious, the bar is "well with the Glazers owning 100% we couldnt even get top 4". Theyre managing expections early on, which isnt a good sign IMO.

Teja

This - I'd have preferred a debt-free entity with the Glazers totally gone but so far satisfied with the competence being shown by INEOS. Sure we might not get a fancy new stadium as a result but as long as we play entertaining football and hit Arsenal's levels (if not City / Pool) I'd be satisfied.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

They legally cannot lie on these filings but ok.

Plant0x84

Say his idea of success is securing top 4 for the next few seasons … Theyre managing expections early on, which isnt a good sign IMO.
It’s not. He has said repeatedly that winning the biggest trophies (PL/CL) is the no.1 aim, and all decisions will be taken in the interest of achieving sporting excellence. It has been widely reported on the last few weeks, this week after his meeting with MUST especially.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Oh, Ben Jacobs. Give it a rest :lol:

My choice didn’t win so every story criticising it MUST BE A LIE! :(:(:(

Nori-

It’s official (legal!) paperwork stating proof of funds was never received. It’s not made up at all.
Funds would have been checked right at the start of the sale process, it's how they funnel out the pretenders from the serious bidders. How would Sheikh Jassims group have got so far with no guarentees of funds? 1 year of negeotiating and the Glazers didn't believe he could pay? I doubt it.

Why would one of the richest oil producing countries in the world (assuming they were financing this) struggle to prove they could cough up £5b?

And if they knew they couldnt buy the club, why pretend you could and embarass yourself? It doesnt add up.

A blatent attempt by the Glazers to win over support for their new business model.

Judas

Open to offers
It's quite obvious now the Qatar bid was a joke, seems a bit weird to see people still desperately clinging onto it and wanting to believe it was ever likely to come to fruition.

Nori-

My choice didn’t win so every story criticising it MUST BE A LIE! :(:(:(
No not really, just applying common sense.

It's more a case of, my choice won so now I can make up a story that proves I made the right decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.