Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Wonder what ten Hag must be making of all this.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Cheers mate, so by the looks of it Ratcliffe will have majority inside the next 18 months and the parasites will effectively be no more than the current Class A shareholders as they’ll virtually zero power.
Not necessarily… the 18 month timeframe refers to the period when the Glazers CAN’T force Ratcliffe to sell.

Thereafter, they can try to force him to sell via the drag along clause if (1) someone bids for the entire club and (2) that offer is accepted by the Glazers…. BUT Ratcliffe had the clause put in so he has first refusal to match said offer and take the lot. It would have to be a hugely over priced bid for him to pass on it… noting his clear plan so far and that he’s got £4Bn liquid assets (l.o.l.) and could easily raise the rest if he had to. This isn’t a passing fancy to him, this is what most multi-multi-multi-billionaire United fans aged 71 would do… say “I’m buying the lot and turning this club around before I go”. He will.

And his action/actions so far are perfectly in line with most of his business activities… decisive, strong, no short cuts.

To paraphrase Andy Tate … “second half of this season decade, we’re making a title charge”.

Last edited:

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
The concept of 'gardening leave' only works on paper. Having first hand experience of corporate tactics, there are numerous ways Ineos/Ratcliffe can 'consult' with Ashworth whilst on said 'leave'.
Yup. Pay consultancy fee. Or just invite him to a dinner or two. A phone call here an email there etc and it’s devilishly tricky to then pursue a former employee over it too.

Drz

Am I the only one surprised that there would be a compensation fee regarding Ashworth?
What if he just tenders-in his resignation?

cyberman

If an employee wants to leave you there’s not much you can do.
I’m pretty sure he can tender his resignation and se out the pre agreed gardening leave anyway.
It’s not a player, he can’t be forced to stay and be trusted to play his best. Every chance he half asses it and Newcastle lose anyway

Cerberus

Am I the only one surprised that there would be a compensation fee regarding Ashworth?
He has a contract, no? Can't just walk away like that without mutual agreement.

Laurencio

It's much easier to just pay compensation. Newcastle will agree to something well within what we can pay, we need him and Berrada working on the future of this club as soon as possible without uncessary limitations, and whatever compensation we pay is nothing compared to the revenue increase we would see if the club ran at an elite level.

The symbolic effect of Man Utd getting the very best in the league quickly and efficently at a reasonable compensation can't be ignored either.

Chairman Steve

I have no doubt that INEOS dont give a feck about paying full whack to Newcastle so that Ashworth can start in June, especially at the pace the story has been moving. Ashworth has more than likely wanted to go for a while and all scenarios have been considered.

Theres no pennypinching and unnecessary dragging out of things unlike some other owners…

wolvored

The Glazers are the only other ones who hold B shares. So Ratcliffe buying 25% means they will still have 75% between them.

Oh I thought I read they had 69% of the club. So hes bought 25% of their 100% of B shares. Didnt he buy 25% of A shares as well.
I read it here dated before JR buy link

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.