Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Come on Croady it's coming From Delaney he knows feck all .
Thought I had seen it in Athletic article too,trying to work out if Utd see Wilcox for Head of Recruitment role or I am completely misinterpreting information.

Last edited:

LordSpud

Looks like it's gonna happen. Hope we can get a good price to get him in for the summer transfer window.

croadyman

I don’t think so reading the article. It says Ashworth has always been the front runner/preferred choice. Sounds like Ward was considered as an alternative.
That's why I can't understand not proposing the Head of Recruitment role,if he's not interested then fair enough but surely worth a try

Chumpsbechumps

This will be interesting to see how good INEOs are at negotiating a deal with Newcastle on this , first test perhaps...

gajender

Thought I had seen it in Athletic article too,trying to work out if Utd see Wilcox for Head of Recruitment role or I am completely misinterpreting information.
Wilcox name has been brought up as somebody we are probably bringing in but nothing was mentioned about his role .

parmenio

Newcastle are up to their necks in FFP. They can’t haggle too hard. Pay someone £2m for his 12 month notice period plus paying the same at least to his replacement doesn’t help them 1 bit. Plus they are well aware it’s nearly impossible to police his gardening leave. £20m no way. £10m again is fantasy stuff. There’s a deal to be had. We got our CEO who’s higher up the tree to start in June remember and City wouldn’t do anything to help us for sure.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Things have gone very quiet on the PRul Mitchell front. Fancy that.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Ineos will have know the gardening leave terms and either have a deal struck or be happy to let it simmer for a while. While Ashworth cant just rock into Carrington yet they could get John Murtough to carry one of those 'eyes on a cushion' around ala Blofeld in that last Bond movie.

cyberman

Delaney has never broken a story in his life. If he thinks a deal was only agreed on Sunday then he’s in dream land
Edit I see his oil money stories have dried up when they were related in a weekly basis a few months ago. I wonder why?

Woziak

The Ratcliffe money is earmarked exclusively for the stadium I think, unlike Boehly money which was no holds (or brains) barred.
Yes your 100% correct the £237m is for a new training complex however because this is the first capital investment from an owner with more than a 25% shareholding this helps the financial situation of the club dramatically as £115m is allowed to be invested against club losses over a three year period. When the calculations are made from UEFA with an allowance of 80% to be spent in wages, Agent fees and amortised transfer fees this has a significant impact on what the new budget will be, likewise it has an even bigger impact on the PL sustainability rules, remember no Glazer has invested one penny during their 18 year ownership!

Woziak

Neither of them should even be in the room for shortlisting transfer targets.
And if you believe this, your believe anything? Omar Berrada is more than capable of filling in the summer while liaising with Ashworth and using Murtough simply as a witness when the contracts are signed for the players the new regime wants?

ETH won’t be here if he doesn’t qualify for the CL and it’s clear whomever the manager may be, the club needs to get rid of 12 or 13 players and bring in 8 or 9 young hungry elite players, that will take two windows at least

ShinjiNinja26

Murtough will be there in name only. I highly doubt that Jim and INEOS will let him and ETH waste another £100/200m in the summer. I’m certain Ashworth and Berrada will be consulted unofficially on every potential target Murtough and the manager come up with and will inform Brailsford and co whether or not they’re worth signing.

davidmichael

I don’t believe for a second Ineos would allow ETH and/or Murtough loose with transfer funds seeing as it’s widely known Ineos are livid with how much money has been wasted and how piss poor our recruitment has been, Newcastle are admitting Ashworth has gone and it’s February so there’s plenty of time for Ashworth and Berrada to work on what’s needed for the summer and at best Murtough will be a body in the room.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Gardening leave? Eh? Is this a well known term?
Yes. It’s a standard part of most employment contracts, but not so heard of in football so its term of the week at the minute.

The term originated in the British civil service where employees had the right to request special leave for exceptional purposes. "Gardening leave" became a euphemism for "suspended" as an employee who was formally suspended pending an investigation into their conduct would often request to be out of the office on special leave instead. The term came to widespread public attention in 1986 when it was used in the BBC sitcom “Yes, Prime Minister” episode "One of Us"

Last edited:

Infestissumam

yeah I call BS on this. They way Ineos have started the overhaul behind the scenes by aggressively going after Berrada and Ashworth, I can't see how they would allow/trust EtH and Murtough with another summer window. I would think it's more realistic both will be gone at the end of the season than them having a big input about the club going forward.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Yes. It’s a standard part of most employment contracts, but not so heard of in football so its term of the week at the minute.

The term originated in the British civil service where employees had the right to request special leave for exceptional purposes. "Gardening leave" became a euphemism for "suspended" as an employee who was formally suspended pending an investigation into their conduct would often request to be out of the office on special leave instead. The term came to widespread public attention in 1986 when it was used in the BBC sitcom “Yes, Prime Minister” episode "One of Us"
Interesting! Thanks!
I'm surprised you've gone 34 years without hearing it!
Ermmm, yes? A very, very famous term??
Well I’ve clearly lived my life under a rock. That or I just don’t have much dealings with employment contracts so it’s just gone by me!

RopersReturn

yeah I call BS on this. They way Ineos have started the overhaul behind the scenes by aggressively going after Berrada and Ashworth, I can't see how they would allow/trust EtH and Murtough with another summer window. I would think it's more realistic both will be gone at the end of the season than them having a big input about the club going forward.
Yeah, I noticed ETH seemed slightly hesitant during the post match interview, when asked on his thoughts about SJR and Ineos future ambitions and investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.