Cody Gakpo | OFFICIAL: Liverpool player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief123

Arsenals forwards and attackers are
CF - Jesus, NKetiah
WF- Martinelli, Saka, Nelson
AMC- Odegaard

with the right manager, tactics and attitude of players we should be walking top 4
Vieira, Marquinhos?

JohnnyLaw

I want to trust ETH but this looks like a mistake to me. Gakpo doesn’t solve any of our issues and I don’t think we’re in a position where we can throw 50-60m on a punt.

croadyman

I want to trust ETH but this looks like a mistake to me. Gakpo doesn’t solve any of our issues and I don’t think we’re in a position where we can throw 50-60m on a punt.
I think the trouble is we can't get any of his striker targets in January,plus he is probably worried about Tony staying fit

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Two-footed quick goalscorer/winger. What's not to like?
Dont really think he offers much in build up, is hot and cold in dribbling and looks often anonymous until he pops up with a goal (to be fair he is scoring a lot of late.

He can bring an individual spark to the team for sure, but he already has hot/cold players all across the front 3. Not sure how much we can depend on him centrally, but hey if Ten Hag has an idea for him I'm for it.

croadyman

For me Gakpo lacks a bit of speed on the wing. He has not the acceleration needed for a top premier league winger. Can he play center forward? Maybe he can change his position, the same of Henry or now Marcus Thuram. But is a big risk: for Utd is better to buy a true central striker.
Keep saying the central strikers aren't available until the summer,we will have to make do with a wide forward for now.

tjb

Keep saying the central strikers aren't available until the summer,we will have to make do with a wide forward for now.
The problem these days is noone is actually playing as a no.9. In order to develop attacking players, strikers are being moved to the flanks since its less physical as a developmental step. There aren't any strikers on the market who are actually worth the fee that we would have to pay.

Gakpo has the quality. He has the shooting ability, balance and can create for others. He's good enough at these things to be used as a no.10 for Holland in a position that has required him to be a link. He seems very adaptable and for a no.9 in the modern game that has to do a lot of things, that is a massive thing.

Also consider that before he signed Haller, Tadic played as a no.9 for ETH with a similar skillset. I think it's worth the risk

mu4c_20le

The problem these days is noone is actually playing as a no.9. In order to develop attacking players, strikers are being moved to the flanks since its less physical as a developmental step. There aren't any strikers on the market who are actually worth the fee that we would have to pay.
Pretty sure Toney would cost similar amount and he's proven in the league. Cody could yet be Memphis 2.0

JohnnyLaw

Maybe not our premier targets but of course there are actual CFs out there that we could sign on either a short term basis (loan) or on low-risk terms like we did with Ighalo.

Signing a player who doesn’t credibly solve any of our needs, at a fee that will surely have an impact our summer budget seriously worries me.

Mwooyo

Said it before...if Gakpo comes, he will have to hit the ground running. If manutd fans cant be patient with sancho who has way more tools in his toolbox, they probably wont be patient with Gakpo. While he has a good shot and a good cross, he cant dribble, has a mediocre first touch and his passing isnt above average. He will have alot of work to do to even begin to transition into a 9 at manutd. Hopefully fans give him the required time

Reactions: Cheimoon

croadyman

Maybe not our premier targets but of course there are actual CFs out there that we could sign on either a short term basis (loan) or on low-risk terms like we did with Ighalo.

Signing a player who doesn’t credibly solve any of our needs, at a fee that will surely have an impact our summer budget seriously worries me.
They have seemingly no intention of looking at a short term deal or loan CF

Bojan Djordjic

I completely trust Ten Hag. If he can mould such a productive player to what he needs than we’ll have a hell of a player on our hands
It worries me that so many of our signings are clear EtH specific targets. It kind of points to the fact that while Ten Hag is papering over cracks and the signings so far have been decent to varying degrees of success, when it comes to our recruitment processes it's the same old thing in that it is a management led model when we've been told that recruitment has been overhauled. Obviously EtH should be consulted and happy with any signings but it also limits the breadth of our scouting to a fairly weak league when we could be missing opportunities further afield.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
All the talk here in Qatar with fellow Dutch fans and a lot of PSV fans is that he’s going to leave in January. This is a chance for PSV to get some much needed cash and they want to replace him with Karlsson from AZ.

He and EtH have the same agent and I’m sure this would be a swift transfer. I’d prefer an out and out no9 but if the manager feels this is the option he wants then no problem. What I do know is if he does play centrally and we can create for him, his finishing is Van Persie clean and pure. Lovely striker of the ball, I just fear for the physical side of things.

Chief123

All the talk here in Qatar with fellow Dutch fans and a lot of PSV fans is that he’s going to leave in January. This is a chance for PSV to get some much needed cash and they want to replace him with Karlsson from AZ.

He and EtH have the same agent and I’m sure this would be a swift transfer. I’d prefer an out and out no9 but if the manager feels this is the option he wants then no problem. What I do know is if he does play centrally and we can create for him, his finishing is Van Persie clean and pure. Lovely striker of the ball, I just fear for the physical side of things.
That’s what gives me hope despite him barely playing as a striker. He has all the attributes you’d want in a striker. Especially his ability to strike the ball with either feet and so clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.