Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Coldplay is good? You are saying bullshits...U fuc
Tough Luck Marcello

;)

Posted on Fri, Nov. 18, 2005

COLLEGE NOTES

Coppell's Moody drops UT pledge

Staff and Wire Reports

Coppell High School running back Emmanuel Moody has withdrawn his commitment to Texas and eliminated the Longhorns from consideration, Moody said.

A member of the Star-Telegram's national top 100 recruits, Moody committed to Texas in March, but took an official visit to Southern Cal in September and has been wavering on his commitment since.

He said he is leaning toward committing to USC, but wants to take a visit to Miami before making his final decision.

"To tell you the truth, I feel a lot more at ease right now," Moody said. "I'll just take my visit and go from there."

-- John Miller

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
No prob. Mack will just sign some other top RB. I have no clue who this Moody is or what his "ranking" is. I wonder how much Moody cost. ;)

However, a nationally ranked QB has switched his commitment from Florida to Texas. Jevan Snead of Stephenville, Texas (a QB factory that has produced a handful of D-1 QBs). BTW, who's gonna get Jimmy Clausen- USC or Tennessee or another school? I think Weiss might go hard for him.

Longhorns land marquee QB

Longhorns land marquee quarterback
Jevan Snead switches to Texas after committing to Florida earlier this year.
By Suzanne Halliburton
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Tuesday, November 15, 2005

After recently whiffing on a handful of nationally heralded high school quarterback prospects, Texas finally has landed a field leader that most elite college programs would covet.

Late Sunday, Stephenville High School's Jevan Snead announced that he had withdrawn his verbal commitment to Florida — given back in May, when he believed the Gators were recruiting only one quarterback this year — and switched to Texas.

Snead, who declined an interview in order to concentrate on his Stephenville team's run for a possible state championship, said in a statement that he was happy to be heading to Texas.

"I have now realized just how important it is to have my family and my friends being present to watch me play," Snead's statement read. "I'm a Texas boy, born and raised, and feel that I owe it to my family, my friends and all of the great fans in the state of Texas to stay here."

Snead is ranked as the fourth-best dual-threat quarterback in the country by Rivals.com and the 78th-best overall prospect regardless of position.

"After all this, Texas may have just gotten the best guy for what they're doing, and for what they want to do in the future," said Geoff Ketchum, a Texas-based recruiting analyst for Rivals.com.

Scouts, Inc., another national recruiting service, lists Snead as the fourth-best overall quarterback in the country. The service compares him to former Utah quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 pick in this year's NFL draft. First-year Florida Coach Urban Meyer directed Smith while at Utah, and he targeted Snead early in the recruiting process for the Gators.

Snead is Texas' 24th commitment. He also is the Longhorns' second quarterback pledge in this class — Arlington Bowie's Sherrod Harris committed this summer.

Commitments aren't binding until national signing day, Feb. 1.

Rivals.com, which updates national team recruiting rankings as the commitments come in, has the Longhorns with the top class in the country, ahead of Georgia, Louisiana State, Notre Dame and Florida State.

The Gators also were looking hard at Tim Tebow, the top-rated prep quarterback in Florida. That's why Snead started re-examining schools closer to home. He's attended three Texas games in the past month, and he took an official visit this past weekend to take in the Longhorns' 66-14 victory over Kansas.

Snead also looked at Texas A&M, taking an unofficial trip to College Station the week the Aggies lost 42-14 to Iowa State.

Snead represents Texas' greatest quarterback pickup since Heisman favorite Vince Young signed in 2002. For a variety of reasons, the Longhorns have had problems recruiting nationally-ranked quarterbacks since then, missing out on Rhett Bomar (Oklahoma), Kyle Wright (Miami), Bobby Reid (Oklahoma State) and Ryan Perrilloux (LSU). Perrilloux, in fact, was an early commitment to Texas in the summer of 2004 and was rated as the nation's top dual-threat quarterback. He then starting visits late in the recruiting process and made a very public, 11th-hour commitment to LSU.

Since Young, Texas has added only one scholarship quarterback — Colt McCoy, a freshman who is redshirting this year.

Snead is graduating in December, so he can enroll at Texas in January and participate in spring drills. If all goes as planned, McCoy and Snead will battle to be Young's backup in 2006.

Young, a junior, has said repeatedly since August that he has no intention of leaving school early to declare for the NFL draft.

2006 TEXAS FOOTBALL COMMITMENTS

Player Pos. Ht. Wt. School

Ben Alexander DT 5-11 285 Anderson, S.C.
Deon Beasley CB 5-11 170 West Orange Stark
Chykie Brown DB 6-1 175 Galena Park North Shore
Buck Burnette OL 6-3 315 Wimberley
Dustin Earnest LB 6-3, 220 Texarkana
Brian Ellis DE 6-5, 245 South Grand Prairie
Sherrod Harris QB 6-2 206 Arlington Bowie
Lamarr Houston DE 6-2 257 Colorado Springs, Colo.
Eddie Jones DE 6-3 225 Kilgore
Robert Joseph S 6-2 185 Port Arthur Memorial
Sergio Kindle LB/RB 6-3 230 Dallas Wilson
Hunter Lawrence PK 5-9 160 Boerne
Josh Marshall WR 6-4 191 Arlington Martin
Vondrell McGee RB 5-10 195 Longview
Britt Mitchell TE 6-5 245 Kilgore
Emmanuel Moody RB 6-1 195 Coppell (as noted, switched commitments)
Steve Moore OL 6-4, 280 Jersey Village
Jared Norton LB 6-3 226 Rowlett
Phil Payne WR 6-3 195 South Garland
Greg Smith TE 6-5 230 Montgomery
Jevan Snead QB 6-3 205 Stephenville
Roy Watts OL 6-6 290 Houston Worthing
J'Marcus Webb OL 6-7 270 North Mesquite
Montre Webber WR 6-3 189 Hearne

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Snead who? ;)

besides, we already have Booty and Sanchez in the QB pipeline. I'd say we have a pretty legit shot at Clausen though

Texas always gets virtually all their commits early anyway, so today's numbers aren't that important.

for example, we only have five commits ATM, but I bet we finish higher than you in the recruiting rankings on both scout and rivals.

these are my bets for who we are going to get...(in addition to those we already have)

RB 3 Stafon Johnson
(Susan Miller Dorsey HS)
Los Angeles, CA

DT 4 Derrick Hill
(McClymonds Senior HS)
Oakland, CA

RB 6 C.J. Gable
(Sylmar Senior HS)
Sylmar, CA

CB 8 Ray Small
(Glenville HS)
Cleveland, OH

TE 12 Anthony McCoy
(Bullard HS)
Fresno, CA

DT 18 Brandon Antwine
(Garland HS)
Garland, TX

WR 24 Travon Patterson
(Polytechnic HS)
Long Beach, CA

LB 1 Allen Bradford
(Colton HS)
Colton, CA

WR 2 Percy Harvin
(Landstown HS)
Virginia Beach, VA

OL 2 Steve Schilling
(Bellevue HS)
Bellevue, WA

LB 4 Josh Tatum
(McClymonds Senior HS)
Oakland, CA

S 4 Jonas Mouton
(Venice Senior HS)
Los Angeles, CA

RB 9 DeMarco Murray
(Bishop Gorman HS)
Las Vegas, NV

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Percy Harvin and his teammate Damon McDaniel are both visiting Miami on Dec 17th (their final visit). Looks good for the Canes here. Vidal Hazelton also looks good and Sam Shields is already a commit. This could be the best WR class since Irvin, Blades, Perriman in the mid 80s.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Raoul said:
Percy Harvin and his teammate Damon McDaniel are both visiting Miami on Dec 17th (their final visit). Looks good for the Canes here. Vidal Hazelton also looks good and Sam Shields is already a commit. This could be the best WR class since Irvin, Blades, Perriman in the mid 80s.

betcha we get Harvin. ;) He was nuts about his USC visit.

Hazelton we probably won't get.

Nearco

youth team player
Talk about a jinx, i subscribe to a gameday audio service and the Tide then see fit to get analy molested Two games in a row.
feckin Auburn tossers.

Jens

The Canes go down to Georgia Tech and it looks like Fresno State is giving USC a game.

If the Hokies beat North Carolina next weekend they´re going to Jacksonville.

Jens

ok, that game is over ... fresno state played well for a half tho.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
unbelievable game.

Reggie Bush is the Heisman winner without question.

Fresno is a Top 10 team without question. they came looking for respect and they got it from me. they should join the Pac 10. they don't fear anyone and can play with anyone.

that said, I despise our offensive coordinators. they are at risk of losing everying for us.

- they seem to have forgotten that we have tight ends to throw to.
- they seem to forget that 4 receiver formations can work too.
- they seem to not have the slightest clue how to use Bush to get matchups.
- they always throw the same predictable stupid fade to Jarrett inside the 5.
- Leinart rarely goes to his first option anymore because the opposing secondary is jumping our predictable routes.

- they should just let Leinart call the plays on his own, he actually has a feel for the game, unlike the OC's.

- with a chance to ice the game at 47-42, having recovered a fumble on the FS 15, they call three absurd run plays to reggie, between the tackles with no fullback to block, and to the shortside of the field :wenger:

- we were about ready to kill them off when we went up 34-21, (third td in 6 minutes from the restart) then our kicker hits it out of bounds giving them the ball on the 35, then a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty and all of a sudden, they are starting from the 50, giving them a short field to get right back in the game.

- then we go up 41-28, and do the EXACT same fecking thing again :wenger:

inexplicable.

probably have lost another Linebacker, and our starter on the weakside, to injury.

at least we have two weeks to prepare for UCLA.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
FLASH's TOP 11 AFTER NOVEMBER 19

1. USC...............11-0
2. Texas.............10-0
3. Penn State......10-1
4. LSU.................9-1
5. NOtre Dame......8-2
6. Oregon...........10-1
7. Miami...............8-2
8. Va. Tech..........9-1
9. Auburn.............9-2
10. Ohio State......9-2
10. Fresno State...8-2
11. UCLA..............9-1

Jens

Congratulations to this young man on winning the Heisman trophy. Sorry, Marcello, but Vince Young will have to outdo himself to win the Heisman after Bush´s heroics yesterday.

MrMarcello

No argument. I've been saying Bush all season. Though Young's claim is that he IS the team, where as Bush is just one of a half-dozen offensive weapons. A recent poll on ESPN.com had Young winning the award by a slim margin over Bush. That might change this week if a new poll is presented. Of course, Young could have a huge day against A&M and then the Big XII championship to sway voters. Bush has one game remaining against UCLA, and if he has another big day, I think he'll take it. If he has a "normal" game, Young might pip it. We all know the west coast voters will pick Bush, and the southwest voters will take Young, it will come down the midwest (picked Young on espn.com), the southeast (picked Young on espn.com), and the northeast (picked Bush on espn.com).

Jens

Id have LSU at 3, Flashie. Like the way they´ve been playing recently.

BCS Outlook

ACC - Virginia Tech North Carolina looks beatable and the only thing in common between the Florida State team that beat Miami in September and the team now is the name.

Big East - TBD Unimportant as the Big East Champ will get blown out in the BCS Bowl. Would be fun for South Florida to win the division in its first year. It all comes down to West Virginia @ USF on Dec 3rd.

Big Ten - Penn State What better way to go out than with a win in your first BCS Bowl? Might even make the Rose Bowl, but see below.

Big XII - Texas Neither aTm nor Colorado/Iowa State will be much of a threat, but due to the Miami loss to Georgia Tech they might even have a shot at the Rose Bowl even with a loss, but it´d have to be a close one. If the loss is convincing, Penn State will go to the Rose.

Pac 10 - Southern Cal The Trojans are vulnerable and can be beaten. They have flirted with defeat a few times this season, but can they hang on for one more title? Stay tuned. Rest see Texas.

SEC - Louisiana State Arkansas at home and then onto Atlanta for the SEC CCG against probably Georgia. Don´t see many reasons why they shouldn´t win the SEC.

At-Large - Notre Dame & Ohio State OSU is pretty much guaranteed of a bid and Notre Dame will get in because of their reputation although I´d prefer to see Auburn get the nod here, but Auburn is used to getting cheated so no news here. If Texas or USC don´t win out it´s gonna be madness.

MrMarcello

I'll say this as a UT fan...

If UT drop a game to A&M or in the Big XII title game, Texas does not deserve to play USC. It should then be LSU, and Texas would get an at-large BCS bid, probably would play Penn State or Va Tech.

And if USC lose to UCLA, which they won't, they'd still deserve to play for the national title but LSU would have a legit argument (that Tennesse meltdown really haunts LSU now). But USC would most likely get the bid as even with a loss, USC is arguably the best team in the country. I don't know how much of a loss would lessen USC's BCS total enough for LSU to leap to second. But a loss for Texas would kill their BCS number.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Miami right pissed me off against GT. Horrible game. We need an absolute miracle from UNC.

Flash, I haven't seen USC play this season ... do they run Bush in the slot at all? Just curious as to why with a back of his speed and ability to break tackles they don't use him against the safety with trips or in a 4 WR package. He'd probably find the end zone every time.

Jens

I´d personally pick LSU for the Rose if Texas slips up, too, but the BCS would probably give Penn State the nod. I´d love to see a LSU/Auburn game now as both teams are hot.

@ USDevil

If you know how to use Bit Torrent, I can give you a link to the Fresno State game.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Jens said:
I´d personally pick LSU for the Rose if Texas slips up, too, but the BCS would probably give Penn State the nod. I´d love to see a LSU/Auburn game now as both teams are hot.

@ USDevil

If you know how to use Bit Torrent, I can give you a link to the Fresno State game.
Know how, but don't like to use it. Thanks though.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
USDevil said:
Flash, I haven't seen USC play this season ... do they run Bush in the slot at all? Just curious as to why with a back of his speed and ability to break tackles they don't use him against the safety with trips or in a 4 WR package. He'd probably find the end zone every time.
our new two headed OC, has completely thrown away the way Chow used Reggie. we used to line him up everywhere, put him in motion, in the slot, at receiver...now we're lucky if they do it 2-3 times a game. that was our crucial mismatch, white in the backfield, reggie in the slot, in the backfield, @ receiver and in motion.

now, when we play physical, tough defenses, we run reggie to the outside, when we play fast defenses who can string plays out to the outside, we run white straight ahead. it is becoming predictable.

I want Norm Chow back :(

MrMarcello

Jens said:
Oh, and I totally forgot about Oregon. Even they should go to the BCS over Notre Dame. 10-1 with their only loss coming to USC whereas ND dropped home games against Michigan State and USC in controversial style.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings

There´s no way LSU pips Penn State.
LSU is a better team than Penn State. No doubt.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
Raoul said:
sorry to rain on your parade, raoul...but we just had Hazelton and Spiller in for the Fresno State game...they had this to say.

"I had a real good time. Real good!" emphasized Chatham, Va., five-star wide receiver Vidal Hazelton, regarding his visit to USC on Nov. 19.
"On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it a ten-plus! I had fun. I don’t really have a top school, but I am high on them now, too. It was a real good time," added the 6-3, 200 pounder with 4.5 speed.

Hazelton's hosts for the weekend were wide receiver Dwayne Jarrett and tight end Fred Davis. "I got along with them really well. They showed me all around campus. They showed me around town and we went out after the game.

"I went to the team meetings and was with the receivers when they were getting ready for the game on Saturday. Basically, it was like I was on the team preparing for the game alongside of them. It was real cool.

"The wide receiver coach met with me and was telling me how I fit in with that offense. I like all the coaches there. They are all real down to earth. I think I can fit in perfectly with that offense. I know you gotta work wherever you go, but I think I have a good chance to go in there and play," Hazelton commented.

As far as USC's 50-42 win over No. 16 Fresno State, Hazelton said, "Reggie put on a show! They passed the ball a lot, too. It was a great game! The atmosphere in the stadium was real good, too."

"It was crazy here, even when they were losing the fans were behind them and they came back, it showed how good they are.

During the game he was able to connect with other USC recruits David Ausberry (wide receiver, Lemoore High , Calif.) and C.J. Spiller (running back, Union County High, Fla.). "We all got along," Hazelton said. "We were just talking during the game and at half-time. C.J. was showed the campus and everything like I was -- he was there on an official visit, too."

After the game, he hooked up with the USC team members. "Me and Reggie (Bush) was chillin'. Then there was Pat Turner and the rest of the receivers. I chilled with everybody, pretty much," he said.

The atmosphere of the school appealed to Hazelton as well. "You get a degree from Southern Cal and you've got something special," Hazelton explained.

"I like the weather," he added. "It gets hot there, but not humidity hot. They've got perfect weather."

USC was Hazelton's third official this season. He has tripped to Virginia Tech on Nov. 5 and Tennessee on Nov. 11 as well. Miami will be his next stop on Nov. 25, and he plans on setting up a visit to Florida before making his final decision.

"Miami, I can't explain exactly why I like them. There are a bunch of reasons, I just can't explain.

"Florida, they're just a passing team, so I have to go and check them out," he commented.

He continued, "Virginia Tech and Tennessee, I had a good time at both of them. Of the visits so far, though, USC is definitely on top.

"From taking three visits, if I had to choose right now based on those three visits, I'd be going to USC. But, I still have to take my other trips to Florida and Miami," Hazelton explained.

Hazelton finished his high school career at Hargrave Military Academy with 41 catches for 922 yards and 13 touchdowns.

He reports a 2.6 grade-point-average and is awaiting SAT scores.

I'd expect Miami still has quite a good shot, but I more than like our chances.
;)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Actually Flash....I like Miami's chances with a few of the top receivers. Of course they're going to say good things about USC the weekend of the visit. Lets see how things turn out. :)

MrMarcello

FLASHWOK said:
He reports a 2.6 grade-point-average and is awaiting SAT scores.
Future academic All-American, ey? :lol:

If he's struggling to pass high school were it's known that teachers coddle top athletes, I wouldn't hold my breath on his SAT scores. Nor him maintaining a passing GPA to remain eligible when in college.

Jens

so, who deserves the at large bids? ohio state is a lock for me and notre dame will get one because, well, they´re notre dame ... but who deserves the 2nd? oregon? auburn?

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
MrMarcello said:
Future academic All-American, ey? :lol:

If he's struggling to pass high school were it's known that teachers coddle top athletes,

how is a B- average at a military school "struggling" ? No coddling goes on at military school...My father tried to send me to one once...no thank you.

I wouldn't hold my breath on his SAT scores.

why is that? He hasn't gotten his first round of scores yet. Scores arrive over the next couple of weeks.

Nor him maintaining a passing GPA to remain eligible when in college.
how do you know? He has just below a B- average at a tough military school. I'd say his chances are as good if not better than most of the athletes. being recruited.

USC like most programs, always has a couple of recruits that don't qualify initially.

Hazelton is fine though and wherever he goes there won't be a problem.

there are other recruits to be worried about, like Travon Patterson and Shareece Wright as well as Jamere Holland.

MrMarcello

FLASHWOK said:
Oregon should be ahead of Ohio State...10-1 and the only loss to the #1 team.

they don't deserve to get screwed.
Ohio State lost to the #2 and #4 ranked teams. Well, Penn State wasn't ranked #4 when they beat Ohio State. Oregon surely loses to Texas, and is debatable if they would beat Penn State (you being a PAC-10 fan will say yes, I being a neutral can't say yes or no as we will never know).

Notre Dame's top 12 BCS automatic bid is screwing Oregon, not Ohio State. Notre Dame lost to Michigan State...at home.

Jens

ohio state is a lock any way you look at it ... id probably give the 2nd bid to auburn, as they´re playing as well as anyone right now, but we all know it´s gonna be notre dame that gets the bid. you couldnt argue if oregon gets the bid tho.

Ohio State (70-49.... 6 bowl teams)
Miami (6-4)
Texas (10-0)
SDSU (5-6)
Iowa (7-4)
Penn State (10-1)
Michigan State (5-6)
Indiana (4-7)
Minnesota (7-4)
Illinois (2-9)
Northwestern (7-4)
Michigan (7-4)

Oregon (62-53, 3 (maybe 4) bowl teams)
Houston (5-5)
Montana (8-3)
Fresno State (8-2)
USC (10-0)
Stanford (5-5)
Arizona State (5-5)
Washington (2-9)
Arizona (3-7)
California (7-4)
Washington State (4-7)
Oregon State (5-6)

Auburn 62-52 - 5 Bowl Teams

Georgia Tech 7-3
Mississippi State 2-8
Ball State 4-7
Western Kentucky 6-5
South Carolina 7-4
Arkansas 4-6
LSU 9-1
Mississippi State 3-7
Kentucky 3-7
Georgia 8-2
Alabama 9-2

Notre Dame (56-60, 2 (maybe 3) bowl teams)
Pitt (5-5)
Michigan (7-4)
Michigan State (5-6)
Washington (2-9)
Purdue (5-6)
USC (10-0)
BYU (6-5)
Tennessee (4-7)
Navy (6-4)
Syracuse (1-9)
Stanford (5-5)

and when you take out the teams they lost to

Ohio State ( 50-48 ) 51.0%
Miami (6-4)
SDSU (5-6)
Iowa (7-4)
Michigan State (5-6)
Indiana (4-7)
Minnesota (7-4)
Illinois (2-9)
Northwestern (7-4)
Michigan (7-4)

Oregon (52-53) 49.5%
Houston (5-5)
Montana (8-3)
Fresno State (8-2)
Stanford (5-5)
Arizona State (5-5)
Washington (2-9)
Arizona (3-7)
California (7-4)
Washington State (4-7)
Oregon State (5-6)

Auburn 46-48 48.9%

Mississippi State 2-8
Ball State 4-7
Western Kentucky 6-5
South Carolina 7-4
Arkansas 4-6
Mississippi State 3-7
Kentucky 3-7
Georgia 8-2
Alabama 9-2

Notre Dame (41-54) 43.2%

Pitt (5-5)
Michigan (7-4)
Washington (2-9)
Purdue (5-6)
BYU (6-5)
Tennessee (4-7)
Navy (6-4)
Syracuse (1-9)
Stanford (5-5)

Jens

oh, and feck notre dame ... join a conference and we can talk

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
MrMarcello said:
Ohio State lost to the #2 and #4 ranked teams. Well, Penn State wasn't ranked #4 when they beat Ohio State. Oregon surely loses to Texas, and is debatable if they would beat Penn State (you being a PAC-10 fan will say yes, I being a neutral can't say yes or no as we will never know).

Oregon still deserves to be ahead of Ohio State.

Notre Dame's top 12 BCS automatic bid is screwing Oregon, not Ohio State. Notre Dame lost to Michigan State...at home.
and yes, ND's automatic bid is bullshit as well.

Jens

its not between ohio state and oregon ... and auburn would beat oregon right now. itd be nice if the buffs were given a shot at oregon in the holiday bowl. theres unfinished business.

FLASHWOK

Flash...ahhhaaa..etc etc
MrMarcello said:
Flash, if USC score 40 on Texas, I'd be surprised and congratulate them on a victory. I can't see that happening though. 35 perhaps. Might still be enough for a win. But Texas will move the ball on USC, but will they score TDs? Will they self-destruct? Will Texas' fast and physical defense force USC to make mistakes?
you had to know i'd bring this one back up after today's exhibit marcello. ;)

I don't think we'll have any problem putting up 40 on you. none whatsoever.

Texas's receivers were non-existent today. they are incredibly sloppy when it comes to turnovers, and USC has the best turnnover margin in the nation. we rarely ever turn the ball over.

Texas really has no passing game whatsoever, and for USC's defensive weaknesses (exploited by passing offenses) , they are much stronger than A&M.

Texas' big plays come running to the outside...and USC has more than enough speed to handle sideline to sideline running.

Texas' O-line is a good run blocking unit, but not a good pass blocking unit.

as for texas' "fast and physical defense" they have looked pretty silly againmst some poor ofensive teams.

they had 8 and 9 men in the box, and couldn't stop what essentially nothing more than an option offense, with no passing capability.

A&M ran it to the flanks and ran it up the middle with no trouble, and that wh a freshman white, option QB and without their top RB.

A&M receivers were open so often it was scary...the AM QB missed 4 guys who were open for big plays.

A&M's line was excellent running against Texas' line, who could not stop them.

Young is a great athlete, but simply not a great QB. that sidearm delivery and the way he holds the ball are playing with fire. half the time it looks like he's jsut chucking the ball up for grabs.

A&M pretty muchg showed how to fight Young, keep basic pressure on him in the passing lines, rush maybe an extra backer, and make him beat you with the pass.

aside from Sweed, texas's receivers are small and ineffective and were invisible against a very poor secondary, rivalry game or not.

- USC's line is much better than A&M.
- Leinart will not miss those throws to open receivers.
- Texas will get killed if they keep 8-9 men in the box against us.
- If Texas doesn't keep 8-9 men in the box against us, White is going right up the middle and Reggie is going right to the outside.
- USC isn't going to hand you turnovers the way A&M did.
- USC is going to exploit every turnover you make
- USC's secondary will have a field day with Young if he throws like that.

that was a shocking display all around by Texas, and just confirmed my view, that aside from Texas, the Big 12, is a slow, power football conference, with a limited and rudimentary appreciation or skill for the passing game.

Teams like Texas this year and Oklahoma last year have been able to domiante because of a better grasp and execution of a passing game than anyone else in the conference (xept for TTech, who can't run).

if nothing else, if we get to the rose bowl, USC's speed, offensive weapons, versatility in the running and throwing gam , and experience and competence is just going to be too much for Texas, as it was for Oklahoma, Michigan and Iowa.

MrMarcello

Why should I be scared? What Texas does on the field I have no control of. And I don't play for them either.

Get a grip. You're the one that has to come out with an analysis of each game for Texas. It's as if you're obsessed with Texas. Like Liverpool fans with United.