Community Shield: Arsenal v Chelsea 3pm

RonaldoVII

The annual season curtain raiser kicks off in just under 2 hours on BT Sport. Glorified friendly or first chance to put a marker down for the season?

Expecting Chelsea to win but could be a confidence booster for Arsenal and Wenger if they get one over on Chelsea and Mourinho.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Glorified friendly but still worth a watch. Gets you (or me anyway) in the mood for next week.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can't really be used as much of a marker considering what happened in the same fixture last season. Still won't hurt the old confidence, mind.

RonaldoVII

Is this event treated the same in other countries or still largely classed as a friendly?

I used to get quite annoyed when we were regularly playing in it and Fergie didn't take it 100% seriously, I wanted another trophy!

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Is this event treated the same in other countries or still largely classed as a friendly?

I used to get quite annoyed when we were regularly playing in it and Fergie didn't take it 100% seriously, I wanted another trophy!
Pretty much treated as a friendly in Spain. Not sure about other countries.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Glorified friendly.
Why do people say that like it's a bad thing? It's a precursor to the competitive season between the two domestic champions with a bit of prestige attached. No-one's trying to build it up to anything beyond that (except the drama-hungry media, but who cares, that's all they do).

Drifter

American
The football season starts . Hope to see a good game with lots of goals and animosity .

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Meaningless for us, big mentally for Arsenal.

For that reason I can imagine Arsenal will be much more "at it" than we will be.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Matic, Fabregas; Ramires, Willian, Hazard; Remy

Begovic, Zouma, Mikel, Oscar, Cuadrado, Moses, Falcao

Raw

I just realised that Chelsea only have 5 first team defenders at the club, unless Ake counts?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
I just realised that Chelsea only have 5 first team defenders at the club, unless Ake counts?
Ake will be loaned. As José said yesterday five isn't enough and we'll obviously bring in at least another LB (hopefully Stones too).

As for this game, after looking at our lineup with Ramires starting on the wing (which fecking infuriates me and many of our fans) and no Costa at all I think we may lose this.

Raw

Arsenal: Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Ramsey, Ozil, Oxlaide-Chamberlain; Walcott
Subs: Martinez, Debuchy, Gibbs, Gabriel, Arteta, Iwobi, Giroud

Is Wilshere injured again?

ChaddyP

Ake will be loaned. As José said yesterday five isn't enough and we'll obviously bring in at least another LB (hopefully Stones too).

As for this game, after looking at our lineup with Ramires starting on the wing (which fecking infuriates me and many of our fans) and no Costa at all I think we may lose this.
is he injured?

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Me as well! I guess it's something that might always be an issue.
The most frustrating type of injury. Seeing a player get constantly injured without any contact. Simply running in open space and goes down.

izec

Arsenal isnt that good. They need a striker and Mertesacker is shit. Coquelin was good last season, lets see if he can keep it up. Plus, they always have injuries.