g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Conor McGregor thread.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I recently heard two dads arguing in Tesco (I know they were dads because they were both wearing maroon New Balance) and one of them said to the other “Are you an absolute cnut or just brilliant at impressions?” which I thought was a decent line in the same vein.
Dublin?

Are NB not cool? I think they're too cool for me. But that says nothing really.

MacGlock88

Withnail

I recently heard two dads arguing in Tesco (I know they were dads because they were both wearing maroon New Balance) and one of them said to the other “Are you an absolute cnut or just brilliant at impressions?” which I thought was a decent line in the same vein.
That's a good one :lol:

Brophs

The One and Only
Dublin?

Are NB not cool? I think they're too cool for me. But that says nothing really.
Wilton in Cork. Just two middle class dads behaving like bells because one accidentally walked into the other, from what I heard.

Dunno, really. I just know they’re basically uniform for dads of my age in playgrounds around the country. See also Apple Watches and Rab jackets.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Wilton in Cork. Just two middle class dads behaving like bells because one accidentally walked into the other, from what I heard.

Dunno, really. I just know they’re basically uniform for dads of my age in playgrounds around the country. See also Apple Watches and Rab jackets.
They were probably from ballyphehane just around the corner and named Dave as every fella from there is named Dave anyways half of that place has a nut loose in the head.

Brophs

The One and Only
They were probably from ballyphehane just around the corner and named Dave as every fella from there is named Dave anyways half of that place has a nut loose in the head.
Nah. These lads had a serious middle class Bishopstown dads vibe. Probably both called Conor O’Connor.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

I've literally never heard of a Rab jacket.

Cork is ace, I was working on a garden down there a couple of years back and loved it.

Brophs

The One and Only
I've literally never heard of a Rab jacket.

Cork is ace, I was working on a garden down there a couple of years back and loved it.
Give me a shout if you’re ever down this way. I’ve got some insults that’ll only really work in person.

Green_Red

McGregor is the Kanye West of MMA, next time he posts on twitter it will be to Taylor Swift telling her she didn't deserve her award for best video.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The option to take himself and family away to live the rest of their lives in luxury and away from hassle, has been passed over it would seem.

The UFC legend reportedly received a mammoth total earning of $180million (£133million) last year, comfortably beating the likes of Lionel Messi (£96million) and Cristiano Ronaldo (£88million) in second and third, respectively.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/conor-mcgregor-forbes-highest-paid-26216873.amp
Iirc, much of his wealth these days is from his business ventures (specifically the sale of his whiskey company) and less from anything related to UFC fights.

MacGlock88

Iirc, much of his wealth these days is from his business ventures (specifically the sale of his whiskey company) and less from anything related to UFC fights.
Attained wealth to date would be more than enough for them to go quietly and live like royalty.
Even cameo appearances a few times a year.

But, CMcG has been upping the ante with his social appearances in this pub etc..
Antagonising globally, mixing with the local heads.

Always have more respect for people their get in, get their few bob and get out. (even Bank Robbers :smirk: )
CMcG is destined not to grown old the way he is going.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Khabib beating Conor will go down as one of my favourite ever sporting moments

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I finally convinced my parents to watch a UFC event with me for that card and showed them some of Conor's pre-fight hype comments, which got them more interested. They haven't watched another UFC since then and continue to believe all UFC events end in a brawl involving a fighter scaling the Octagon to attack someone.

SuperiorXI

I remember watching it with my girlfriend, the first one I stayed up to watch. Pretty much all the fights on the card were bloodbaths and was also introduced to Tony Ferguson, then that happened, absolutely jaw dropping and peak UFC for me so far.

You also had Derrick Lewis with his balls being hot, amazing.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I remember watching it with my girlfriend, the first one I stayed up to watch. Pretty much all the fights on the card were bloodbaths and was also introduced to Tony Ferguson, then that happened, absolutely jaw dropping and peak UFC for me so far.

It was a great card!

Raoul

Admin
Staff

IIRC the Black Beast was losing to Volkov until he knocked him out at the very end.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

A lot of my work friends were Conor fan boys, they spoke shit for a couple of years that Khabib won’t stand a chance. It was a great day at work the day after the fight

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Some world class wumming by Khabib here. No wonder Conor still gets triggered when he hears his name.

Withnail

He’s just blowing smoke up his own arse. Yes he’s made a lot of money from whiskey but nowhere near the levels to by one of those clubs.
Well exactly. He's a millionaire not a billionaire.

That interview is a bit weird. The guy acting like he doesn't know what happened with the bus and it's ancient history lost in the mists of time. Ehhhh didn't he like attack your bus or something?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He must be on a bender since the above tweet was sent same time as this - another sad recollection of the Khabib incident at a time when Khabib just made the UFC hall of fame.