Conor McGregor thread.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
You can be both?
Ok, maybe you could….but in this case not, True Geordie is a massive bloke.
Anyway,if Conor carries on drinking and snorting his way through he year he’ll get put out to the pastures by Chandler. A bit of a shame really, as it’s actually a winnable fight for him at the weight and with Chandler’s just bleed attitude

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Little not really being a reference to his size there. It's more like he's insignificant.
God dammit will people stop grammatically validating Conor’s rant :lol: :lol: It doesn’t sound right and you know it

Tarrou

can’t believe how hard he hit that mascot at the NBA finals

was almost as bad as the Wilder one

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Is his decline potentially the biggest drop off ever for a professional athlete?

James_42

Has he given a reason for actually punching the Heat mascot? the 2nd punch seemed so unnecessary.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
The second punch was maybe a bit dodge but isn’t the human head inside the mascot much lower down than the mascot head? The first punch just knocked its hat off.
The guy ended up hospitalised. That wasn't part of the stunt.

Conor is a cnut and as always takes it too far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The guy ended up hospitalised. That wasn't part of the stunt.

Conor is a cnut and as always takes it too far.

Watch the video again. You can see the bit where the head of the guy wearing the costume fits behind. It’s lower down than the massive basketball shaped nose. Which is what McGregor punched with his second punch. I'm sure he was told where to punch to avoid hurting anyone. The hospital stuff is just a way to keep the whole thing in the news cycle.

The guy is a coke addled (alleged) sexual predator. A total scumbag. But the mascot "assault" is a nothing burger. It was pure pantomime. Probably an audition for the WWE.

ExoduS

Connor will end up murdering someone in near future. The guy is a total, uncontrollable menace. That punching of the old man in the bar deserved a prison sentence of at least few years. As a trained martial artist, using your fists should have been assault with a deadly weapon.

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine

Watch the video again. You can see the bit where the head of the guy wearing the costume fits behind. It’s lower down than the massive basketball shaped nose. Which is what McGregor punched with his second punch. I'm sure he was told where to punch to avoid hurting anyone. The hospital stuff is just a way to keep the whole thing in the news cycle.

The guy is a coke addled (alleged) sexual predator. A total scumbag. But the mascot "assault" is a nothing burger. It was pure pantomime. Probably an audition for the WWE.
The guy still ended up hospitalised though. So is your point that the mascot ending up hospitalised was part of the stunt?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
only the decline in how active he has been. He’s been an absolute cnut from birth
Tiger

went from being 2/1 to win majors to struggling to make cuts in quite a short timeframe
:lol: I just mean he was arguably one of the most marketable/famous athletes in his respective sport, could arguably tell the UFC to do anything he wanted and he's absolutely plummeted to the very bottom.

Mike Smalling

I’d say that first punch looks unnecessarily forceful. Even with a mascot costume on, there is high risk of injury flying to the ground like that.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
The guy still ended up hospitalised though. So is your point that the mascot ending up hospitalised was part of the stunt?
The unsubstantiated rumours that he was hospitalised were all part of the stunt, yes. Possibly.

Anyway, I'm sure WWE wrestlers end up going to hospital all the time with tweaks/twinges after their bouts. There's obviously a risk with stuff like that. Doesn't make it any less staged.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I’d say that first punch looks unnecessarily forceful. Even with a mascot costume on, there is high risk of injury flying to the ground like that.
The punch didn’t fling anyone to the ground. The punch knocked the mascot’s hat off and the mascot threw himself to the ground. His punch landed at least a foot above the head of the person in the costume! He might be an evil douchebag but he's an accurate puncher. If there was any intent to hurt anyone that punch would have connected a hell of a lot lower. Likewise the follow up.

Last edited:

Mike Smalling

The punch didn’t fling anyone to the ground. The punch knocked the mascot’s hat off and the mascot threw himself to the ground. His punch landed at least a foot above the head of the person in the costume!
That’s not what it looks like to me, but whatever. I believe McGregor is petty enough to lay on a little extra on the stunt after having just been booed for peddling his newest snake oil. But even if that’s the case, you are certainly right that this is low down on the list of scummy stuff he’s done.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Connor will end up murdering someone in near future. The guy is a total, uncontrollable menace. That punching of the old man in the bar deserved a prison sentence of at least few years. As a trained martial artist, using your fists should have been assault with a deadly weapon.
Yep. This is exactly what happened to Nicolas Cage in Con Air.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
It was a preplanned stunt that went a bit wrong. Both punches clearly planned - Max Holloway and Sage Northcutt did a very similar stunt a few years back. The 2nd one he obviously just didn't hold back enough and connected too heavy.

Apparently the guy went to hospital to get checked out as a precaution, had a bit of a headache, got some aspirin and went home. Nothing to see here.

Aren't we ignoring the REAL issue at hand from that night? Can't believe we're talking about the mascot thing over the alleged sexual assault ffs.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
It was a preplanned stunt that went a bit wrong. Both punches clearly planned - Max Holloway and Sage Northcutt did a very similar stunt a few years back. The 2nd one he obviously just didn't hold back enough and connected too heavy.

Apparently the guy went to hospital to get checked out as a precaution, had a bit of a headache, got some aspirin and went home. Nothing to see here.

Aren't we ignoring the REAL issue at hand from that night? Can't believe we're talking about the mascot thing over the alleged sexual assault ffs.
We went off on this tangent because the solicitor’s letter re the alleged sexual assault mentions him hospitalising the mascot as though it was part of the same unhinged bender. Which I thought was weird.

Withnail

We went off on this tangent because the solicitor’s letter re the alleged sexual assault mentions him hospitalising the mascot as though it was part of the same unhinged bender. Which I thought was weird.
The general tone of the solicitor's letter was weird as feck. Is that normal over there?

The Corinthian

Supports
A Free Palestine
The unsubstantiated rumours that he was hospitalised were all part of the stunt, yes. Possibly.

Anyway, I'm sure WWE wrestlers end up going to hospital all the time with tweaks/twinges after their bouts. There's obviously a risk with stuff like that. Doesn't make it any less staged.
But they weren't unsubstantiated. He really was hospitalised (I've seen another post after yours saying it was a minor visit to the hospital), but I sincerely doubt that any of that part was planned.