Conte: "...he insulted me the 2nd time but now I change..." (Mourinho's Latest Response to Conte)

Phil

Take him to court Conte
This guy lawyers

On another note, did Conte really call him senile and a dementia sufferer? That was 0 to 100 real quick.

Jose ended it though.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Mourinho killed it. First it was reference to his wig, then him being a clown but accusation of a cheat is a nail in his coffin.

Conte got no comeback from that,

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
In 30 years watching football, thats probably the most brutal comeback I've ever seen!

Fully Fledged

I meant the media. Jose got the exact response he wanted from that conference.
Just watched it again. I think that he was dying while they didn't ask the question. The moment that they asked the question he was, YES! inside but 'did he? not me outside.

It's agonising when you have such a zinger but cant be sure your audience will set you up for the punchline. When it comes off it's so satisfying.

I've been there before many times.

red_devil83

That's such classic Mourinho. Drone on and on about something, be all magnanimous and apologetic then drop his barb right at the end. What a cnut :lol:

Infra-red

was that as a player?
No, as a manager. Conte was banned from football for 10 months in 2012 for complicity in match fixing during his time as manager of Siena.

He'll be furious about having this dragged up - in the press conference he gave after the ban was handed down, he was absolutely raging (you can probably still find it on YouTube).

Obviously this spat between him and Mourinho is all faintly embarrassing. That being said, it is good to see Mourinho still has some fight in him. Snide cnut Mourinho is infinitely preferable to morose Mourinho, at least in my view - Conte probably won't agree!

Strachans Cigar

Personally I do believe Jose was genuinely talking about himself not being a clown anymore.

Problem is, he’s got plenty of previous, so even when he is being sincere, the hacks are straight onto it shitstirring even if there is the slightest whiff of controversy, even if unintended.

Anyway, he’s a cnut, but he’s our cnut. May as well back him to the hilt because let’s face it, Tom Hanks could manage United and all the ABU’s would still hate him.

As for Jose being a clown, I’d love it Keegan stylee if he celebrated an away win at Anfield down the touch line just like he did for Chelsea’s infamous win in 2014.

Would be amazing watching him do that as United manager. Running all the way down to the corner flag after winning a game that essentially meant feck all to us. Stuff dreams are made of :)

RedPed

Whatabouter.
José just went full Cersei Lannister S6 Ep10 :drool::devil:

I fecking hate these journos...scum the lot of 'em! 2nd question in and nothing to do with the game. Even trying to get that controversial comment from Jose at the end!

Does anybody remember when they did the same to Joe Hart? I can't remember who City lost to but Hart made an innocent comment about the team's performance then straight away, the same interviewer twisted his words and said to Mancini that Hart had criticised the team or something like that. You could tell by Mancini's reaction that he was shocked/pissed off by what Hart was supposed to have said but he was only going off what the interviewer told him. Hart had said nothing of the kind and I remember saying to my friend at the time, that the interviewer had stitched him up.

SER19

This back and forth is embarrassing. Pep has all these managers on a string.
Or......none of it has anything to do with guardiola and you may as well replace guardiolas name with Alan pardews.

Calm down and just go along with the ride. This stuff has been going on for years between managers, fergie was never afraid to drop a low blow and it doesn't have to be to gain anything. Spend some time in football. These are competitive men in a competitive world and some things don't have an agenda, it's just two guys on opposite sides of an argument. It's the rest of the world that gets hysterical, the whole thing kicked off when the press manipulated the initial innocuous interview.

If you feel there's nothing to gain, nor is there anything to lose from a footballing standpoint and unless you go around wrapped in cotton wool there's nothing "embarrassing" about it either. they can fire barbs back and forth for a few weeks if they want without what happens on the pitch being affected.

But yes, somehow it has something to with guardiola being some sort of puppet master. :rolleyes: Any excuse.

Or you know, it has absolutely nothing to do with him at all and his name being brought up is just absurd

RedIke

I loved it and laughed when I saw the headline. I liked the video.

But.......

When I came to this thread, for some reason it just became so much more funny. I love everything about this now incredibly more.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Of course this forum is defending Mou on this. This very same board has been calling Mou a classless cnut for years, ffs.

Obviously Conte was stupid to react to this but I can't really blame him. Easy to think his "clown" quotes were aimed at Conte (and Klopp). In Conte's mind he's probably tired of what he considers disrespect from Mou towards him. Clearly dislikes him.
At least they didn't pretend to be a United fan for two years.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea
Many of you who are laughing should know Jose remarks are defamation and slander which is a sueable offence seeing as Conte was wrong accused and cleared of all match fixing charges. But it goes to show how double standard you united fans are, when Jose calls out Scholes he's a classless twat and should focus on his job but when he's doing the same thing to a next manager he's cool and great

ti vu

Many of you who are laughing should know Jose remarks are defamation and slander which is a sueable offence seeing as Conte was wrong accused and cleared of all match fixing charges. But it goes to show how double standard you united fans are, when Jose calls out Scholes he's a classless twat and should focus on his job but when he's doing the same thing to a next manager he's cool and great
The question is hwo do you prove that Mourinho was talking about Conte. The clown quote and now match fixing? Good luck finding a lawyer who want to waste his time in non case like this.

However, Conte clearly name dropped Mourinho and talked about a horrible disease. Now that's interesting.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Maybe you should know he didn't explicitly mention Conte's name, therefore it's all conjecture. However, Conte's comments about Jose having senile dementia certainly falls under slander and defamation. Good job you aren't a manager, Jose would eat you alive. Now, what was that about double standards?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
He was most definitely not cleared of all charges. When he appealed he was still found guilty of one charge and given a 10 month ban which was reduced to 4 months.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Is it something in the Stamford Bridge water that makes you all so thin - skinned? Jose never said Conte was a clown on the touchline. Not ever. He was talking about himself. Yet for some mysterious reason, Conte thought he was (Wonder why? Not too clever, anyway). Likewise Jose never said anything about anyone else with regard to match-fixing, only that he, Jose, was never associated with it.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Yeah, real shocker that most United fans care more if he calls out one of our legends than if he calls out some rival manager who happens to be a cnut.

Also United fans with double standards? You are having a laugh. The amount of shit Jose, the guy who dragged you out from obscurity, has taken from Chelsea fans since signing with us is ridiculous.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
He’s a genius.

We need a thread for things Jose could say he has never done to wind people up. The possibilities are endless.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
You obviously werent talking to all of us. Many including myself backed Jose and what he said about Scholes so dont generalize

haram

The way he drops the comment about matchfixing is fecking flawless :lol:

Giggs86

The "Conte vs Jose" war won't last for more than 15 months.....Conte will be gone by the middle of next season....
By the end of this season you mean. After Barca knocks him out of the CL and the PL is basically gone for him, Roman's itchy trigger finger will be looming harder and harder each passing day.

cyberman

@dwd
If he kept this up it would be gold.
They say Pep sides have a history with doping but that is a scandalous accusation. I'm not qualified to discuss it but Pep has been banned from football for doping before so he could give you more reasons than I can why its a fabricated lie!
Those bastards!

GM K

By the end of this season you mean. After Barca knocks him out of the CL and the PL is basically gone for him, Roman's itchy trigger finger will be looming harder and harder each passing day.
By the end of this season seems more like it indeed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Personally I do believe Jose was genuinely talking about himself not being a clown anymore.

Problem is, he’s got plenty of previous, so even when he is being sincere, the hacks are straight onto it shitstirring even if there is the slightest whiff of controversy, even if unintended.

Anyway, he’s a cnut, but he’s our cnut. May as well back him to the hilt because let’s face it, Tom Hanks could manage United and all the ABU’s would still hate him.

As for Jose being a clown, I’d love it Keegan stylee if he celebrated an away win at Anfield down the touch line just like he did for Chelsea’s infamous win in 2014.

Would be amazing watching him do that as United manager. Running all the way down to the corner flag after winning a game that essentially meant feck all to us. Stuff dreams are made of :)
The hacks stirring shit up is one thing but Conte falling for it, is what is truly pathetic.

Cadillac

Or......none of it has anything to do with guardiola and you may as well replace guardiolas name with Alan pardews.

Calm down and just go along with the ride. This stuff has been going on for years between managers, fergie was never afraid to drop a low blow and it doesn't have to be to gain anything. Spend some time in football. These are competitive men in a competitive world and some things don't have an agenda, it's just two guys on opposite sides of an argument. It's the rest of the world that gets hysterical, the whole thing kicked off when the press manipulated the initial innocuous interview.

If you feel there's nothing to gain, nor is there anything to lose from a footballing standpoint and unless you go around wrapped in cotton wool there's nothing "embarrassing" about it either. they can fire barbs back and forth for a few weeks if they want without what happens on the pitch being affected.

But yes, somehow it has something to with guardiola being some sort of puppet master. :rolleyes: Any excuse.

Or you know, it has absolutely nothing to do with him at all and his name being brought up is just absurd
You're entitled to your opinion just as I am. Fact of the matter is, Mourinho tried sucking Pep into this as well. But he never took the bait. Just continued on with his business and kept on building the unassailable lead he has on us and the rest of the competition. I agree with you that the press blow it up though. But Mourinho knows that anything he says they will make a mountain out of a mole hill.