Conte - Inter's new manager; Signed 3 year contract

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Nobody wants Mourinho. :lol:
Haven't you seen his interviews? The deluded fecker is waiting for that perfect gig that will suit his profile and qualities. He will go back when he is ready and when there is a club big enough for him.

....which means that nobody wants him! None of the big boys anyway. And his ego would not allow him to take on a real project. I could see him going to Newcastle if they were bought and backed by oil money though.

But this is the Conte thread so I digress. He should do well there. We could do a job lot with Lukaku, Darmian and Matic?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
So boring. They’re a club that should want to push on, not stave off relegation.
It's probably just idle gossip in the paper anyway. If this takeover happens at Newcastle he would be nuts not to stay there and see what he can do after putting up with the last couple of years.

Skills

Snitch
Haven't you seen his interviews? The deluded fecker is waiting for that perfect gig that will suit his profile and qualities. He will go back when he is ready and when there is a club big enough for him.

....which means that nobody wants him! None of the big boys anyway. And his ego would not allow him to take on a real project. I could see him going to Newcastle if they were bought and backed by oil money though.

But this is the Conte thread so I digress. He should do well there. We could do a job lot with Lukaku, Darmian and Matic?
He's still earning a feck load thanks to the sacking here. Plus he knows his reputation is in tatters now - so he has to pick his next job carefully.

At his last 3 clubs he's fallen out with the clubs most valuable players, tried to depreciate their values and also thrown senior management as well as his squad under the bus. I can't see many clubs thinking the risk is worth it with him.

Infra-red

Nobody wants Mourinho. :lol:
Sad to see a once great force in European football, who operated with an almost unique verve and swagger, now looking antediluvian, decrepit and irrevocably diminished, like an old embarrassing drunk, staggering around the dancefloor at five minutes before closing, desperately searching for a partner to take home...

Wait, were we talking about Mourinho or Manchester United.

Grande

Sad to see a once great force in European football, who operated with an almost unique verve and swagger, now looking antediluvian, decrepit and irrevocably diminished, like an old embarrassing drunk, staggering around the dancefloor at five minutes before closing, desperately searching for a partner to take home...

Wait, were we talking about Mourinho or Manchester United.
Inter and Antonio Conte.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
Conte is a top manager, he had the offers between the top clubs for sure, the fact that he choose Inter means that the club is going back to the right direction and its really solid now financially after so many difficult years with financial fair play and not having freedom on the market to spend. Now its a new era.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Good appointment for Inter.

They need step up in mentality urgently at their club. Getting number one off Juve is some years away but imo they shouldn't be 10 points + off Napoli for 2nd. Indeed where it not for Hadanovich being amazing in injury time v Empoli they'd be playing in europa league.

Conte came in when Juve were struggling to re-establish themselves right at the top and changed things practically overnight. Not expecting as quick success at Inter but it's a good move for them.

He's still earning a feck load thanks to the sacking here. Plus he knows his reputation is in tatters now - so he has to pick his next job carefully.

At his last 3 clubs he's fallen out with the clubs most valuable players, tried to depreciate their values and also thrown senior management as well as his squad under the bus. I can't see many clubs thinking the risk is worth it with him.
It isn't really. Everybody knows the good and bad with him, his time here hasn't really had an effect on that. We're seen as an impossible job more than a reflection on him.

Anyway, Conte should be good for Inter. Every time I've watched them this season they've looked about as devoid of ideas as we do.

crossy1686

career ending
Juventus legend as both player and manager goes to Inter?

Won’t go over well.
Italy is weird like that. Pirlo, to name just one, was a great player that was passed between all the great clubs in Italy. Selling or working for your rival seems to be no big deal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Man can only play three at the back, regardless of players.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Last Inter manager who won first game 4-0 was Helenio Herrera, that's nearly 60 years ago.

Skills

Snitch
He's a brilliant manager. Shame his brand of football is so uninspiring

CHKBC

Great start and hope he wins the Serie A this season. Was very shabbily treated by the Chelsea hierarchy and by some of their fans. Would have been a good choice for Man Utd

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Was very shabbily treated by the Chelsea hierarchy and by some of their fans.
Absolute nonsense, he's got of very lightly given his behaviour in the last six months, especially with the fanbase.

The guy is a lot more toxic than Mourinho when things don't go his way, a lot more.

CHKBC

Absolute nonsense, he's got of very lightly given his behaviour in the last six months, especially with the fanbase.

The guy is a lot more toxic than Mourinho when things don't go his way, a lot more.
There’s no other Football manager who gets more toxic than Mourinho.

Conte definitely deserved better after the success he has with Chelsea and I wish him well with Inter. Same goes for Sarri. Chelsea don’t deserve any good Football managers with the way they are treated.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
There’s no other Football manager who gets more toxic than Mourinho.
Believe me, Jose is a pussycat compared to Conte when he's on one.

Conte definitely deserved better after the success he has with Chelsea and I wish him well with Inter. Same goes for Sarri. Chelsea don’t deserve any good Football managers with the way they are treated.
No offense but that's just pure ignorant bull.

nore1975

Supports
Liverpool
Conte is definitely a good manager. He kick started the latest domination of Juventus in 2011. He inherited an unhappy Chelsea dressing room and won the title in his first season. His treatment of Costa was poor and he moaned at the end of his time at Juve. Every manager comes with strengths and weaknesses but he definitely knows how to build a side.

Skills

Snitch
Conte is definitely a good manager. He kick started the latest domination of Juventus in 2011. He inherited an unhappy Chelsea dressing room and won the title in his first season. His treatment of Costa was poor and he moaned at the end of his time at Juve. Every manager comes with strengths and weaknesses but he definitely knows how to build a side.
I'm not sure if his strength is building a team - his own signings at Chelsea were quite poor (Kante was signed before him) & I don't think he had much influence in Juventus' recruitment. But he seems to get the most out of the resources available to him - at least for a while, in Chelsea's case.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Top of Serie A with Inter above above Dot Cotton's Juventus. Here's some advice he gave his players this season:

‘During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners.. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action.’

redshaw

Keeping some spunk in reserve is probably good advice.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Top of Serie A with Inter above above Dot Cotton's Juventus. Here's some advice he gave his players this season:

‘During the season, I advise my players to have sex for short periods and with the minimum of effort, and better use positions where they are under their partners.. And preferably, with their wives, because if with others, well, that needs extra action.’
:lol:

Van Gaal was right all along!

Nickelodeon

Why do so many clubs get an instant impact from a new manager in terms of a tactical system, signings and motivated players yet we struggle left, right and center with any manager?

AshRK

Why do so many clubs get an instant impact from a new manager in terms of a tactical system, signings and motivated players yet we struggle left, right and center with any manager?
Because we have been appointing managers without any proper research but just out of gut feeling.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Our current regime was the definition of new manager syndrome to start with.

AshRK

Still. One out of four could've had a clue. Its not like money wasn't available.
If money alone could have solved everything we would have been at the top. The problem was we had zero plan in appointing any of the managers and just went with the flow.

Moyes was clueless and had no business managing us.

Then we decided to hire a possession based manager in van gaal. Not a bad plan but our board got sick of that and made a total u-turn and appointed Jose who has a totally different philosophy. Jose bought his own players and binned Van gaal's players. Now Jose also fails and then we again appoint a manager who has different ideas to what Jose's football was and so far has looked clueless. We need a proper plan and move on from there. Not just appoint a manager because he is available and hope he succeeds.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think I've been late to the Conte appreciation society but I really rate him and think he's in the top 3 managers in the world. I hope Inter win the league under him.

lsd

The Oracle
We screwed up taking Jose instead of Conte

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I think I've been late to the Conte appreciation society but I really rate him and think he's in the top 3 managers in the world. I hope Inter win the league under him.
Hes probably the very best at getting a stricken side on a spectacular road to recovery, it's when he's made the top of the mountain and has to stay there the problems start.