Conte | Spurs Manager

TheReligion

Abusive
I don't understand why but Conte wanted Kulusesvki even at Inter
But I can't understand where he would play him.
He a right winger not a rwb. He isn't fast enough to go up and down multiple times.
We tried Kulusevki in another position since Chiesa is much better than him but he didn't shine
They can have Rabiot and Ramsey, too. Add Arthur. Whole midfield of internationals. We will make a good price.
@Bepi

What’s your thoughts on Kulu and Bentacur?

I can’t imagine you’d so easily let them go mid season if they were important to you?

Bentacur pops up in the top ranking young midfielders mind which suggest he’s a bit of a talent?

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Bentancur has turned out to be very mediocre but then that hasn't ever stopped Conte from getting performances out of players.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Bentancur has turned out to be very mediocre but then that hasn't ever stopped Conte from getting performances out of players.
He’ll squeeze oil out of rock and then leave the leftovers for someone else when he eventually packs tent and moves on. There’s zero sustainable policy with him around. At least at Chelsea and Inter, they were able to win a title to justify the inevitable mess but that’s not happening at spurs.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He’ll squeeze oil out of rock and then leave the leftovers for someone else when he eventually packs tent and moves on. There’s zero sustainable policy with him around. At least at Chelsea and Inter, they were able to win a title to justify the inevitable mess but that’s not happening at spurs.
The mess that has Inter sitting on top of the table despite the sales of Hakimi and Lukaku? Or the one that has introduced a team structure at Chelsea that even Tuchel can still rely on?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is such an I'll informed and lazy take.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
@Bepi

What’s your thoughts on Kulu and Bentacur?

I can’t imagine you’d so easily let them go mid season if they were important to you?

Bentacur pops up in the top ranking young midfielders mind which suggest he’s a bit of a talent?
Bentancur is a good yet pretty flat DM in that he does that well and really nothing else… no assists, no shots, no runs. Kulu has an important engine but he is not smart as a player, not yet, and technically raw. As for their ceiling and how to get the most out of them, it really depends on the coach and the system… both need clear guidance.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
The mess that has Inter sitting on top of the table despite the sales of Hakimi and Lukaku? Or the one that has introduced a team structure at Chelsea that even Tuchel can still rely on?
It helps that Juventus are in a rebuild and no one else in Serie A is financially competitive. There were two managers who got sacked in between Conte and Tuchel at Chelsea.

abundance

Supports
Inter
So is Bentancur any better than Lo Celso and Kulusevski than Moura or Lamela? Both scream 'mid-table' to me.
Bentancur is distilled mediocrity.
Kulusevski is far from a finished product but he's got real talent.

Pintu

It helps that Juventus are in a rebuild and no one else in Serie A is financially competitive. There were two managers who got sacked in between Conte and Tuchel at Chelsea.
Sarri wasn't sacked, he left because his family never really wanted to settle in England. And he still got Chelsea some silverware and better results than what Chelsea did in the season prior to Conte's arrival. So I don't know what exactly is the mess you think Sarri had to deal with?

Inter went from being a 65 points team prior to Conte, to become a 91 points League winner in 2 seasons with Conte. They are still a 91 points team after him. What mess are you referring to?

And what mess did he leave Juventus in? 7th in two straight seasons before Conte. He comes and wins 3 straight titles and leaves behind a team that went on to win 3 more titles and plays 2 CL finals in the next 3 years.

KingCavani

After all that ending up with Bentancur.

:lol:

Conte isn’t long for that club. What a debacle.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We were in for Bentancur. Didn't really think much of Spurs interest considering they have Hojiberg, Skipp and Winks has played a bit recently aswell.

Surprised they've actually got him, just feels same type in midfield for them particularly as they'll probably unload all of Lo Celso, Ndombele and Dele all in next 24 hours so little creativity centrally.

Kuluveski is interesting....did well at Parma and initally at Juve. Bit raw but has attributes to do well in prem if he gets regular game time.

mu4c_20le

I think Kulu will be a hit in the PL. Clearly a player in there but he doesn't seem to fit Allegri's system.

Bale Bale Bale

Supports
Spurs
We were in for Bentancur. Didn't really think much of Spurs interest considering they have Hojiberg, Skipp and Winks has played a bit recently aswell.

Surprised they've actually got him, just feels same type in midfield for them particularly as they'll probably unload all of Lo Celso, Ndombele and Dele all in next 24 hours so little creativity centrally.

Kuluveski is interesting....did well at Parma and initally at Juve. Bit raw but has attributes to do well in prem if he gets regular game time.
I just think they're the kind of midfielders Conte likes. The attacking threat is supposed to come from the front three and the wing backs ... except we don't really have anyone on the right which is a bit of an issue.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I just think they're the kind of midfielders Conte likes. The attacking threat is supposed to come from the front three and the wing backs ... except we don't really have anyone on the right which is a bit of an issue.
Still feel you need a ball played somewhere in that midfield. At Chelsea Conte had Fabregas still doing that role before he could barely run anymore and central to Poch's way was Eriksen.

WBs get controlled and you'll have more games like Chelsea away where you can't create much.

Pintu

Do Bakayoko and Drinkwater ring a bell? Chelsea are still loaning players he bought.
Bakoyoko bought from Abramovich's friends in Monaco and Drinkwater (bought by the club after failing to satisfy Conte's demands) are most certainly not Conte's prime choices. And even if they were, it wouldn't prove anything.

Every single team in Europe's top 10 has many players like this that they can't get rid of. It is common knowledge that Conte wanted to sign other players, especially from Roma. He asked for Rudiger in January 2017 and got him next summer. Rudiger is not a mess.

Conte has won trophies at every club he's been at in the last decade. All clubs perform better under him and after him than what they were doing before he came along. But somehow you call this "leaving clubs in a mess". I hope you're trolling?

Although not a target man, I imagine that Kulusesvki can play up top with Son in a 3-5-2 when Kane is out.
Yes he can. He's done it many times both for Sweden and for his clubs.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Bakoyoko bought from Abramovich's friends in Monaco and Drinkwater (bought by the club after failing to satisfy Conte's demands) are most certainly not Conte's prime choices. And even if they were, it wouldn't prove anything.

Every single team in Europe's top 10 has many players like this that they can't get rid of. It is common knowledge that Conte wanted to sign other players, especially from Roma. He asked for Rudiger in January 2017 and got him next summer. Rudiger is not a mess.

Conte has won trophies at every club he's been at in the last decade. All clubs perform better under him and after him than what they were doing before he came along. But somehow you call this "leaving clubs in a mess". I hope you're trolling?

Yes he can. He's done it many times both for Sweden and for his clubs.
Bakayoko was very much a Conte buy. If he was forced on him he would have just largely ignored him like he did with Michy.

Pintu

Bakayoko was very much a Conte buy. If he was forced on him he would have just largely ignored him like he did with Michy.
Conte wanted Vidal and Nainggolan. He said that publicly. Now if the board were to come to him with a shortlist of friendly names (players that some of Abra's friends want to sell) and makes him approve one of them, it doesn't make it a "prime choice".

And again, how much of a mess is Bakayoko putting the club in?

Last edited:

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Conte wanted Vidal and Nainggolan. He said that publicly. Now if the board were to come to him with a shortlist of friendly names (players that some of Abra's friends want to sell) and makes him approve one of them, it doesn't make it a "prime choice".

And again, how much of a mess is Bakayoko putting the club in?
And then two years latter inherited the later at his next club and barely used him.

Also the youth players that Lampard and Tuchel have used were available to Conte, I didn't rate Nathaniel Chalobah as much as most Chelsea fans but he would have certainly have been fine until we found a suitable player. Three years on Tuchel responded to missing out on his primary CB target by giving his little brother a shot instead of signing just anyone.

I've never used the "primary choice" argument used so much to defend a manager ever. More often than not you can't get the first choice for a variety of reason's. How many of Klopps signings were his first choice? Do you think he would have looked twice at Wijnaldium if Kante was a possibility?

Arios

Supports
Juventus
Conte is an elite manager would have loved him at Arsenal.
dunno why but when I read this I imagined Arsenal players crying left and right because of Conte managerial and training skills

Pintu

And then two years latter inherited the later at his next club and barely used him.
Not sure what that has to do with our discussion? Choosing Barella over Nainggolan (and Bastoni over Godin) was a good choice by Marotta/Conte. Inter now has Italy's best midfielder for the next decade.

I don't think this proves anything in regards to Chelsea opting against the Belgian as he went on to have a great season with Roma both in Serie A and in Europe, helping them to the CL semi-finals.

As to the rest of your post, our debate is about Conte leaving his clubs in a mess.

If Wednesday at Stoke had said that Conte doesn't use the youth players, I'd certainly have agreed with him. But he is arguing that Conte leaves his clubs in a mess. And his main argument is that Conte would have sanctioned the recruitment of Bakayoko.

Again, is Bakayoko being on the books that much of a mess ? And did Conte leave Chelsea in a worse state than the one he found it in ?

Last edited:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Why do Spurs need another DM in Bentancur? Aren't Winks, Hojbjerg and Skipp all DM's? I guess if Winks or someone is on the way out it makes sense as a replacement. Or if they are bringing him in as more a box to box type player?

Im guessing just about anyone is an improvement over the cannot be assed Ndombele and the injured 90% of the time Lo Celso.

romufc

if he did walk out without a single achievement , does that mean he is now a toxic finished manager ? I still don't understand how a prime manager like Conte needs to be backed with new players while a finished dinosaur Mourinho has to work and get the best out of what he has. Anyone want to explain ? When Mourinho was the manager , the narrative was him , being paid 16m per year , must get the best out of Ndombele ,Dier , Alli , Sanchez, Aurier etc. Now suddenly all those players are crap and Conte must be backed ? Why he didn't just coach all of them if he was a prime time manager ?
He should but he won't. Conte is the type of manager where if he does not get his wish list of players, he will not hold back.

Jose was not prime time manager when he took Spurs over, he was on his last hope really whereas, Conte is more in his prime.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I could almost believe this is a trolling mission. "let's see how much I can copy paste from Mourinho threads and get away with in a Conte thread."

But I reckon you actually aren't even distinguishing them in your head and are just assuming whatever platitudes are said about mourinho probably also applies to Conte.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I could almost believe this is a trolling mission. "let's see how much I can copy paste from Mourinho threads and get away with in a Conte thread."

But I reckon you actually aren't even distinguishing them in your head and are just assuming whatever platitudes are said about mourinho probably also applies to Conte.
I think its you who's mistaking the two. Mourinho can't squeeze oil out of olives anymore, let alone rocks. Conte is an excellent coach, until you give him authority on personnel decisions.

Sviken

This argument is really nonsensical, isn't it? Which team fell apart after Conte left? Juventus continued the dominance he established for a long time and only last season they collasped. Inter are on their way to win the title and Chelsea continued being Chelsea. This argument can hardly be used against Mourinho either. Only Inter collapsed after his reign and that was mainly because the owner decided it was time to pack his bags and go after his coveted CL win.
Conte is an elite manager would have loved him at Arsenal.
Surprised you guys didn't get him. Arsenal even in its current state has a lot more muscle than Spurs and Conte would have easily gotten you a top 4 with those resources. Arteta might be a decent manager, but he is never going to turn Arsenal into a power again.

Pintu

He sulked and left Inter after they sold his best players, they seem to be coping just fine without him.
Yes. They are coping fine tanks to the structure he built and left behind. They kept the exact same defensive structure that he built there and that's somehow a negative according to you?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He sulked and left Inter after they sold his best players, they seem to be coping just fine without him.
Current Juventus players still sing his praises about the mentality he instilled in the team back then.

Try as you might, you cannot belittle the guy's achievements - his record speaks for itself.