Conte | Spurs Manager

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I don't know him that is correct, I only assume when he accepted the Spurs job he knows the challenge he is going to take on. To me personally Pochettino took Spurs to the final of CL is as good as it gets for his coaching ability given Spurs resources. it is the same even if Klopp and Conte don't win the EPL they are still top coaches.
Yeah, of course I can agree wholeheartedly with your take. Point is, the man is who he is because he is obsessed with winning, he even gave his daughter the name Vittoria aka victory :lol:. He is the quintessential juve man, born and bred in that mould with Boniperti and Trapattoni first, then with Moggi and Lippi… all the baddies, if you like.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah, of course I can agree wholeheartedly with your take. Point is, the man is who he is because he is obsessed with winning, he even gave his daughter the name Vittoria aka victory :lol:. He is the quintessential juve man, born and bred in that mould with Boniperti and Trapattoni first, then with Moggi and Lippi… all the baddies, if you like.
I know he had a fallout apparently over there but any chance for a reconciliation and a return?
Maybe if del piero becomes the president?

Irwin99

Surprised if he doesn't list getting Spurs to 4th place as one of his greatest achievements if he does go :lol: We all know his arch enemy would (and has done similar).

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Surprised if he doesn't list getting Spurs to 4th place as one of his greatest achievements if he does go :lol: We all know his arch enemy would (and has done similar).
I am afraid I don't get your joke. If he did get Spurs to 4th place this season, it is definitely a great achievement given he started in November. However I won't say it is greater than what Howe achieved with Newcastle though.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
he even gave his daughter the name Vittoria aka victory :lol:.
That is hilarious.

Its been obvious from day one that he wouldn't be interested in simply helping Daniel Levy balance the books by securing the 4th place trophy. Also obvious that Spurs are way too far behind City and Liverpool to challenge for the title next year no matter how much investment Conte receives in the upcoming window. But I would still be a little surprised if he left the club this summer.

Kaos

If Kane leaves and Levy doesn't back him accordingly in the transfer market, I reckon he walks at some point next season, or the sooner a big job becomes available. Perhaps back to Juventus or even PSG (though they might be a little concerned about his record in the champions league).

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
I know he had a fallout apparently over there but any chance for a reconciliation and a return?
Maybe if del piero becomes the president?
It really depends on how this season ends: Allegri gets a CL spot and stays another year. If not, who knows? Agnelli is the main obstacle for a return of both Conte and Del Piero… mind, he would even hire Deschamps again instead of Conte. I mean, the financial and the technical consequences of the Ronaldo failed gamble are still threatening the stability of the club from the very top to the quality and the pecking order of the players in the roster.

Irwin99

I am afraid I don't get your joke. If he did get Spurs to 4th place this season, it is definitely a great achievement given he started in November. However I won't say it is greater than what Howe achieved with Newcastle though.
I'm actually not diminishing what would be a fantastic job by him to get 4th place. I agree with that; i was referencing the fact that he and Jose are/have been serial winners and that working with Spurs (and modern day United) exhausts even them to the point where even 2nd-4th place finishes are seen as triumphs worthy of mention.

I think Conte even said a month or so back that he doesn't know if he can fix Spurs and his morale seemed pretty low. That's the scale of the job he's taken on... and what Spurs does to you

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I'm actually not diminishing what would be a fantastic job by him to get 4th place. I agree with that; i was referencing the fact that he and Jose are/have been serial winners and that working with Spurs (and modern day United) exhausts even them to the point where even 2nd-4th place finishes are seen as triumphs worthy of mention.

I think Conte even said a month or so back that he doesn't know if he can fix Spurs and his morale seemed pretty low. That's the scale of the job he's taken on... and what Spurs does to you
The experience to coach a team with a lot less resources is completely different. These teams can't keep their best players and can't get their preferred transfer target most of the time (see Diaz being hijacked by Liverpool in winter window). That's why Klopp is doing a such excellent job with Liverpool and Pochettino back then with Spurs. When Conte accepted the job I assumed he knew he is not going to be judged based on the trophy he is going to win with Spurs as it will be extremely difficult. I understand he may be tempted if the big teams come calling like Real Madrid and PSG.

It is worth to mention Howe is doing an extremely great job with Newcastle right now. If just look at the table Newcastle after he took over I believe Newcastle will be sitting at 6th.

432JuanMata

I don’t get why he took the job. He is known to improve teams and challenge for titles when backed for a year or two.
Spurs won’t challenge for the league and he won’t be backed

James Peril

I don’t get why he took the job. He is known to improve teams and challenge for titles when backed for a year or two.
Spurs won’t challenge for the league and he won’t be backed
It makes no sense and he will leave after next season or even sooner. There is no upside in managing Spurs, making top 4 with Kane and Son isn’t spectacular and that’s it.. you have absolutely no chance to win anything because there are bigger and better clubs in the league, always. He won’t get the budget, the best players won’t go there and there is no winning culture around. Just strange, but he didn’t have anywhere to go at the time, Spurs were just lucky at the time.. if they call it luck/success when he’ll leave without winning anything.

ti vu

What? Conte fecking loves money. Everywhere he's gone he's demanded the owners replace the whole team and buy him whoever he needs to win titles. PSG is the perfect fit for him.
He wants control, but PSG doesn't really give the head coach that much control. PSG main focus is CL, but Conte's European record is not good enough.

He is a harsh task master. PSG celebrity players have their own plan. Some names pick themselves, while Conte doesn't give a feck if it's the CEO, or DoF. He does what he wants, and says what he wants.

Nero

Another trainwreck of a performance. No shots on target again.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
They have Liverpool away, Arsenal don't, so they better bloody win the derby if they want to have a decent chance at 4th now.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
And people think we would better if we had hired Conte. We would be in exact same position and he would have benched Ronaldo too. No regrets and think we have a potentially brilliant coach joining next season.

izec

And people think we would better if we had hired Conte. We would be in exact same position and he would have benched Ronaldo too. No regrets and think we have a potentially brilliant coach joining next season.
Mid to long term, this is much better. If we keep Rangnick and he can pass on his experience to Ten Hag and help a bit with modernising the club, we will be better off than hiring managers aimlessly and hope for the best.

Short term a bit painful, but lets see how it goes next season. Conte wouldn't go down quietly either, but without hope of improvement, like we have now for the most part.

mu4c_20le

Well we'd most likely be in the CL so maybe not exactly?

izec

And after that next season? Another top 4 fight and getting knocked out early in the CL? And once the squad had enough of him, sack. Rinse repeat.

I would write a season off now if it means we are more likely to challenge in 2-3 years and play good football with a likeable team, deserving to represent United. And not most of the current mob downtooling whenever they feel like it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Well, that's your assumption and if that makes you happy so be it. But I will repeat, we would be in exact same position where we are with Conte.

Below average wing backs , no forward to hold the ball and no right winger that will fit his style.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Match must have been horrid to watch as most of the highlights were set pieces.

Flexdegea

I can't see Conte leaving Spurs unless Levy doesn't deliver what he promised. 4th place or not Conte is doing an excellent job with Spurs.

I keep seeing this and it's baffling.

Why does everyone keep getting on like he been brilliant, I'd say poor to average. Sick of hearing people saying he should be our manager, hes a winner.

He weirdly has a bit of a cult :lol:

frostbite

Undefeated against Liverpool and City! How cool is that? Undefeated with this terrible Spurs squad, and the abysmal Spurs reputation.

It was a mistake we did not hire him after the 5-0 loss. He is an elite manager. I am not sure if ETH will be better than Conte. I hope so, but I am not sure at all.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61367476

The great Premier League title race disruptor was at it again as Tottenham manager Antonio Conte achieved what was starting to look impossible and stopped the Liverpool steamroller in its tracks.

Conte is an elite manager who is perfectly suited to elite games and a deserved 1-1 draw at Anfield was testimony to the Italian's tactical and organisational skill, putting a twist into the season's league climax.

It is not the first time he has thrown a spanner in the title works, having led Spurs to a 3-2 win at Manchester City in February. He has now overseen two draws against Liverpool, and the north London club are undefeated in their four league games against arguably Europe's two top sides.

Tap

To be honest, i’ll have more optimism with him as the coach than ETH. He is a proven winner, not past it or on a decline.

Although he is not good in Europe, his domestic record is excellent.

Sure, he is not long term but then again, long term managers and “stability” are a rarity nowadays.

Tarrou

If you offered me Conte and top 4 right now I’d turn it down

we needed a complete overhaul and that’s what is happening now. Back-room staff, players, playing style -the lot

feck just scraping top 4 and continuing to play like a small club against the top clubs, I can’t take it anymore

Ralph might not have been a good interim results-wise but he’s exposed the club and the players for what it really was - sub-standard

we needed to burn it all down and start again - Conte would just help this board to continue to paper over the cracks

frostbite

we needed a complete overhaul and that’s what is happening now. Back-room staff, players, playing style -the lot

feck just scraping top 4 and continuing to play like a small club against the top clubs, I can’t take it anymore

Ralph might not have been a good interim results-wise but he’s exposed the club and the players for what it really was - sub-standard

we needed to burn it all down and start again - Conte would just help this board to continue to paper over the cracks
Ralf exposed only himself, no one else.

Tuchel arrived at Chelsea and won the CL. Conte arrived at Spurs when they were completely shite, and made them top 4 material.

Compare Conte to Nuno. Spurs had goal difference -7 with Nuno, almost as bad as Norwich. Now Spurs have +20. They have the same players.

Compare Ralf to Ole. Well, perhaps Ralf is worse than Ole!

Ralf is a failure, he is not good enough to be a PL manager, it is as simple as that.

Tarrou

Ralf exposed only himself, no one else.

Tuchel arrived at Chelsea and won the CL. Conte arrived at Spurs when they were completely shite, and made them top 4 material.

Compare Conte to Nuno. Spurs had goal difference -7 with Nuno, almost as bad as Norwich. Now Spurs have +20. They have the same players.

Compare Ralf to Ole. Well, perhaps Ralf is worse than Ole!

Ralf is a failure, he is not good enough to be a PL manager, it is as simple as that.
Yeah I know. I stand by what I said though, if you offered me Conte and top four now I'd turn it down.

With Conte we'd be a top four team, and maybe win a cup. Meh.

frostbite

Yeah I know. I stand by what I said though, if you offered me Conte and top four now I'd turn it down.

With Conte we'd be a top four team, and maybe win a cup. Meh.
Why do you feel so certain that with ETH we are going to beat Klopp and Pep and that we will win the PL? Since "just a cup" would be a failure, I mean.

( Actually, Spurs managed 2 draws vs Klopp, and 2 wins vs Pep! Impressive! )

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Conte for me is a pure title manager.

I'm not his biggest fan but it would have been sensible to go and try and win the PL in his 2-3 years of management to remind ourselves that we can win a title without SAF.

Loon

:lol:
I have no idea if ten Hag will work, but I feel more excited by his appointment than Conte, who would have been a Woodward-era type hire.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

Let's wait and see how ETH does next season.

I still feel Conte is underrated by many here. He's a top level manager who would've been really good for us.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Let's wait and see how ETH does next season.

I still feel Conte is underrated by many here. He's a top level manager who would've been really good for us.
Of course Conte is world class manager. Spurs hit the jack pot have him as their head coach.