Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Skizzo

It's the same deal as that nazi who killed Oscar Grant in Oakland at the BART station. He ended up doing about 18 months I think.
It is a real thing, as stupid as it may sound. The sympathetic fire, I mean. Not to say he’s not responsible for it, and not to say there shouldn’t be appropriate sentencing etc handed out.

Whether that’s actually the case of what happened or not, well, that’s a separate discussion. The sympathetic fire stuff is hammered into you during training and training days etc They emphasize to never have both out at the same time and if transitioning between them make sure ones away or out of your hand because pulling the trigger on one can cause you to pull the trigger on both. They also make a point to talk about communication being key because if you have one person with an ECD drawn and someone else with a firearm, you don’t want the ECD being deployed and someone mistaking it for a gunshot and firing as well.

Again, not to say you can’t still at least be found criminally negligent in your actions.

Skizzo

From what I’ve read about the incident, I’m not even sure why anything would have been used at that point. Flight alone isn’t reason enough to deploy an ECD, so even without the absolutely madness of possibly using the wrong weapon, at the very least I’d imagine it would be excessive force. That’s all without knowing their specific policy on ECD deployment etc.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
No worries, it’s the usual since it’s almost always white males in those stories. I assumed it was gonna be a male before I read up a bit too.
That video was hard to watch. Lets accept, for now, that she honestly pulled the wrong weapon. Why in the hell did she come charging in like that while her partner was engaged? Wouldn't there be a danger of hitting him or having the charge pass into him from the victim?

This is so stupid. Now a 20 yo is dead, and those stupid, tone deaf local cops are flying a thin blue line flag above their station. I mean...one of your own just negligently killed someone and your response to peoples ager and grief is that?

I don't know how you do the job man. This is all so stupid.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Thin blue line flag is a gang symbol. It's bullshit desecration of the flag. All it does is add to them and us mentality.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Thin blue line flag is a gang symbol. It's bullshit desecration of the flag. All it does is add to them and us mentality.
Yep, same people who bashed Kaepernick for "disrespecting the flag" have no issues with flying a whole range of altered American flags. Like my Newsmax/OANN watching neighbor who has a faded torn to bits flag hanging from his garage.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Are firearms & tasers on the same side of ody?

If so, why? Is it as simple an answer as rapidity?

Couldn’t a cop train to shoot a taser with the offhand? It’s not like center mass is the goal, just anywhere on the body would do.

Why put both on the same side to potentially allow for such a feck up?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Couldn’t a cop train to shoot a taser with the offhand? It’s not like center mass is the goal, just anywhere on the body would do.

all the articles I have ready state that the taser is on the offhand side for exactly this reason, so that it would be incredibly difficult to do what she did.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
all the articles I have ready state that the taser is on the offhand side for exactly this reason, so that it would be incredibly difficult to do what she did.
Did not realize this. Seems like common sense.

So, cops now need to extend their arms before they sate a desire to pull the trigger & look at which hand makes an ‘L’ to determine where their taser or gun is?

Skizzo

Duty belt is usually set up for however you want. But once you’re set up, you obviously have to train with how you’re set up to avoid issues when you’re in a stressful situation and your motor skills etc are taking a hit.

I have my taser set up for offhand draw, but some people have it set up crossbody for strong hand.

Well guess who’s gonna be returning the flag you were getting for Xmas.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Duty belt is usually set up for however you want. But once you’re set up, you obviously have to train with how you’re set up to avoid issues when you’re in a stressful situation and your motor skills etc are taking a hit.

I have my taser set up for offhand draw, but some people have it set up crossbody for strong hand.

You should still send it just so @Grinner can confuse the hell out of his Italian neighbors.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Donate it to the local ASPCA / Humane Society for animals to sleep on.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Did not realize this. Seems like common sense.

So, cops now need to extend their arms before they sate a desire to pull the trigger & look at which hand makes an ‘L’ to determine where their taser or gun is?
Tazers are also bright yellow. There's no missing what's in your hand. I'm sure they're nowhere near as heavy as even a polymer firearm with 17 rounds in the magazine, either.

Last edited:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Tazers are also bright yellow. There's no missing what's in your hand. I'm sure they're nowhere near as heavy as even a plymer firearm with 17 rounds in the magazine, etiher.
Never held one myself, held countless handguns. But just their look & feel would seem to be very dissimilar.

To me, this is involuntary manslaughter, feck negligence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Pigs already do. Am I doing this right?

@calodo2003 i forgot to mention too, the taser ideally you’re trying to split the belt line for full body NMI. If you only get one muscle group then someone can still use their upper body or lower body.
You’re calling Grinner a pig?

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
There’s some departments out here that have black ones. They look sleek but they certainly don’t help that situation at all.
For what reason would they be made black? To go along with the cool militarized look that is popular?

Or could it be an out when discussed in court?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
There’s some departments out here that have black ones. They look sleek but they certainly don’t help that situation at all.
:confused:

That seems to run counter to the whole making sure things that aren't firearms don't look like firearms thing (i.e. toy guns/airsoft having bright orange muzzle devices).

Skizzo

For what reason would they be made black? To go along with the cool militarized look that is popular?

Or could it be an out when discussed in court?
I’m not sure really. Google taser x2 black and you can see. I’m sure they’re used for more than just law enforcement so maybe security gigs like them to look sleek. I agree that if you’re carrying a black handgun as well then it would be nice to have a differential. Especially when I show up to a scene at night and just see something black in someone’s hand being pointed somewhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I’m not sure really. Google taser x2 black and you can see. I’m sure they’re used for more than just law enforcement so maybe security gigs like them to look sleek. I agree that if you’re carrying a black handgun as well then it would be nice to have a differential. Especially when I show up to a scene at night and just see something black in someone’s hand being pointed somewhere.
Yeah, concealment or camouflage can’t possibly be a reason here. Y’all front line cops certainly aren’t dressed for such concealment.

If SWAT, etc. needs to use a taser, shit has gone horribly wrong already & a camo’d taser ain’t gonna save the day.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
:lol: I don't think it's cash related, they're going to have massive institutional sales. It seems very fishy to me and your comment about creating an out might be on point.
Sales trumps all. I could see this being a selling point for Taser to grease the unit number sales up, especially when it comes to rearming the militarized police & tapping into their mentality of such.

It might not move the needle much vis à vis the overall institutional sales, but it gives the salespeople yet another ‘neato’ feature to use as a selling point to benefit the overall militarized zeitgeist in the police forces.