Cop in America doing a bad job, again

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Sales trumps all. I could see this being a selling point for Taser to grease the unit number sales up, especially when it comes to rearming the militarized police & tapping into their mentality of such.

It might not move the needle much vis à vis the overall institutional sales, but it gives the salespeople yet another ‘neato’ feature to use as a selling point to benefit the overall militarized zeitgeist in the police forces.
The problem is these new taser products look like something out of a Marvel comic. If someone pulled one on me I'd expect to be zapped but not die in a hail of bullets.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Duty belt is usually set up for however you want. But once you’re set up, you obviously have to train with how you’re set up to avoid issues when you’re in a stressful situation and your motor skills etc are taking a hit.

I have my taser set up for offhand draw, but some people have it set up crossbody for strong hand.

Well guess who’s gonna be returning the flag you were getting for Xmas.
I just don't think cops need to be flying those flags on their uniforms or vehicles. We all support the good police but we don't blindly support all police.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Just saw the most recent murder by cop video. The cop had the handgun in her hand for multiple seconds before she pulled the trigger.

That’s horrific.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Serious question...just asking for a friend.

What the feck is wrong with the police in the US? I mean seriously. They can't even wait for the George Floyd dust to settle before carrying on with their shit. I really don't get it.

Skizzo

What the feck is wrong with the police in the US? I mean seriously. They can't even wait for the George Floyd dust to settle before carrying on with their shit. I really don't get it.
It's not exactly rocket science is it? They just seem too quick to go for their guns over here.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
It's not exactly rocket science is it? They just seem too quick to go for their guns over here.
It's the lack of accountability that gets me though. The fact that there's a <1% chance that Chauvin could get off is bad enough. I dread to think what they've been getting away with before bodycams and smartphones.

Skizzo

It's the lack of accountability that gets me though. The fact that there's a <1% chance that Chauvin could get off is bad enough. I dread to think what they've been getting away with before bodycams and smartphones.
No arguments from me. There should be accountability at all levels. For the involved and any that deemed to cover it, not act, or overlook it. From upper management on down.
And that’s not taking into account all the technicalities that come up during the trial when their is some accountability etc as we’re seeing now.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

You have to realize that being caught on film is only a recent phenomenon over here. Before that, it was all ‘one side says, the other side says’ & the ‘found innocent’ rate was Ivory soap purity level before 2009ish.

It would be foolish to think that such a mentality would be weaned out of such an institution so quickly. We are just now seeing a more leveled playing field, but it is still canted massively in favor of the cops.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
No arguments from me. There should be accountability at all levels. For the involved and any that deemed to cover it, not act, or overlook it. From upper management on down.
And that’s not taking into account all the technicalities that come up during the trial when their is some accountability etc as we’re seeing now.
Couldn't agree more. You only have to watch the Officer Thou Tau interrogation to see that is the mentality of the US police. He seems to think that just because he wasn't physically sitting on Floyd with the other 3 officers he is in no way culpable.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Finally saw the full video of the Army officer fiasco. Those cops, especially Gutierrez, were totally on a power trip. The exact type of person that should hold no authority/power over citizens.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Do you know how many pursuits there are? And how many end up with the person eventually stopping or being arrested and no crashes or incidents of note? Or the number of pursuits that get terminated because the officer or supervisor deems it to be getting too out of control or dangerous?
Nope but I'm still against them. Why put everyone else at any risk?

Skizzo

Nope but I'm still against them. Why put everyone else at any risk?
you can be against them without making statements of “rarely any good” without knowing the numbers. That’s all.

I know your stance, and I agree that there are some that aren’t worth it, and departments put polices and such in place to avoid as many issues as possible. If you put a blanket statement out of “law enforcement will not chase” then why would anyone ever stop? Regardless of what they were being pulled over for. we’ve spoken about this in more depth before, so I won’t rehash it all out again.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
you can be against them without making statements of “rarely any good” without knowing the numbers. That’s all.

I know your stance, and I agree that there are some that aren’t worth it, and departments put polices and such in place to avoid as many issues as possible. If you put a blanket statement out of “law enforcement will not chase” then why would anyone ever stop? Regardless of what they were being pulled over for. we’ve spoken about this in more depth before, so I won’t rehash it all out again.
I'm with @Skizzo on this one. Madison put in place a basically "do not chase" policy for stolen cars. The result has been a fecking explosion of car thefts in the city. On top of that almost all the thieves are minors because the local DA put in place a policy of not charging juveniles for car thefts. Insanity ensued. They recently busted a couple of adults that were running the ring, but good lord it seems like every week there were dozens of people in the city whose cars were stolen from their driveways.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I'm with @Skizzo on this one. Madison put in place a basically "do not chase" policy for stolen cars. The result has been a fecking explosion of car thefts in the city. On top of that almost all the thieves are minors because the local DA put in place a policy of not charging juveniles for car thefts. Insanity ensued. They recently busted a couple of adults that were running the ring, but good lord it seems like every week there were dozens of people in the city whose cars were stolen from their driveways.
Not knowing this story at all, but wouldn’t it be more the fact that juveniles won’t be charged that would fuel something like this as opposed to not chasing the stolen car? How many stolen cars are reported stolen right when the theft occurs? Are they mostly carjackings?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Not knowing this story at all, but wouldn’t it be more the fact that juveniles won’t be charged that would fuel something like this as opposed to not chasing the stolen car? How many stolen cars are reported stolen right when the theft occurs? Are they mostly carjackings?
he result is that the juveniles race off as soon as they have the cars. There have been multiple horrific, and some deadly, crashes as a result. The disengaging by police means nothing as the kids, some as young as 11, keep speeding off. Not carjackings. Almost all are thefts from residences.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
he result is that the juveniles race off as soon as they have the cars. There have been multiple horrific, and some deadly, crashes as a result. The disengaging by police means nothing as the kids, some as young as 11, keep speeding off. Not carjackings. Almost all are thefts from residences.
That was my query; are they stolen at night when the response by the occupants would predictably be slower than if it was daytime & someone was home? Or are the cars intercepted by the police before a call for the theft even arrives due to erratic driving?

Just seems that the main reason for such an increase in car thefts would be due to the lack of criminal repercussion as opposed to not being chased.

I don’t feel there should be an outright ban n chases, there needs to be levels of crime that don’t warrant such intervention. And that demarcation line should be different in daytime v. nighttime & potentially during peak traffic hours. These parameters may embolden a criminal to commit a crime, but such wouldn’t be the initiating factor to commit a crime. At least not to me. All my crimes were sans car.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That was my query; are they stolen at night when the response by the occupants would predictably be slower than if it was daytime & someone was home? Or are the cars intercepted by the police before a call for the theft even arrives due to erratic driving?

Just seems that the main reason for such an increase in car thefts would be due to the lack of criminal repercussion as opposed to not being chased.

I don’t feel there should be an outright ban n chases, there needs to be levels of crime that don’t warrant such intervention. And that demarcation line should be different in daytime v. nighttime & potentially during peak traffic hours. These parameters may embolden a criminal to commit a crime, but such wouldn’t be the initiating factor to commit a crime. At least not to me. All my crimes were sans car.
Recently, most of the thefts are occurring in the morning. Due to cold ass temps people will start up their cars and let them run for a few minutes to get the temps up. A lot of cars were then stolen from the driveway as people watched, so the calls to police happened quick. From what I read the majority of thefts outside of winter happen in the evening.

I have seen how chases can go bad. I was almost been a victim as a few months ago I had to dive into a snow bank with my dog as a drunk driver, being chased, blew down my 25 mph street doing 80-90. The thing is, a blanket no chase policy will lead to more people fleeing as we have seen here. Anecdotally (from my neighbors) the number of high speed accidents has increased over the last few years since the chase rules were put in place. I am not in the "chase them all the time" camp, nor in the "let them all go" camp. There needs to be a middle ground.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Recently, most of the thefts are occurring in the morning. Due to cold ass temps people will start up their cars and let them run for a few minutes to get the temps up. A lot of cars were then stolen from the driveway as people watched, so the calls to police happened quick. From what I read the majority of thefts outside of winter happen in the evening.

I have seen how chases can go bad. I was almost been a victim as a few months ago I had to dive into a snow bank with my dog as a drunk driver, being chased, blew down my 25 mph street doing 80-90. The thing is, a blanket no chase policy will lead to more people fleeing as we have seen here. Anecdotally (from my neighbors) the number of high speed accidents has increased over the last few years since the chase rules were put in place. I am not in the "chase them all the time" camp, nor in the "let them all go" camp. There needs to be a middle ground.
Christ, I forgot you live where cars needed to be primed a bit like pumps. How peculiar.

Skizzo

people will take advantage of whatever they can

https://abc30.com/california-zero-bail-prison-overcrowding-glendora-police-ca/6144251/

If there’s a blanket “don’t chase anyone” then it’ll only cause a shit show. I do agree there should be strict policies in place of when they should be disengaged though.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
As an outsider looking in, it really feels like their is some form of riot/protest every week for a different incident. Yet you never seem to hear about any real accountability for anything. If anything half the time it feels like most of the time, there is a video put by some police chief shown supporting the actions of the officers.

It is then no wonder things just keep repeating themselves, if the people who are going over the top are viewing themselves as some sort of victim, and just blaming you can't trust anyone and it's dangerous.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Just seen the video. I am so angry right now.
She's holding the gun long enough to see what she has in her hand before she shoots.
The police chief's attempt to.okay this down is a disgrace.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Just seen the video. She’s fecked. She realizes it immediately. “Shit... i shot him”
Just saw it as well. I'm not really sure an "Oops" qualifies in this situation. And in Minneapolis of all places at this time. Fecking travesty.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
26 year veteran can't tell the difference between a taser and a pistol. Any wum that tries to play devil's advocate in this thread should be banned.

Balljy

If it was really a mistake it's a nasty situation for everyone. A family has lost someone for no reason, the country is going to go into more protests and the police woman has just put herself away for years on manslaughter. If it was accidental they've pretty much already owned up to a manslaughter charge by definition.