Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Blackwidow

Sometimes the problem might be that superstars in the team...

If you loose it always were the others. When you win it was the superstar...

Annahnomoss

What a game. Great to see Chile win something, congrats to the Chile fans. Can't believe Argentina manage to lose with the superstars they have, Di Maria-Aguero-Messi up front and the rest of the team is very good too.

Rojo or Otamendi were the worst players on the pitch for me and they are still very good players.

Skorenzy

Terrible final, it seemed both had forgotten how to play. As expected, Chile's better midfield helped keep it level and controlled, but they lacked teeth. Deserved win nonetheless, they clearly wanted it more throughout the game. Congrats @George Owen

The moment Higuaín walked onto the pitch you knew he would repeat his WC Final performance, just never imagined he would do it so spectacularly. They really need to start getting shot of these big names who simply don't cut the mustard.
It's even worse than just the WC Final... this must be the chokiest year ever for a football player. Misses a golden 1v1 opportunity in the WC Final in July 2014, misses sitter after sitter in the two legs of the Europa League SF against Dnipro in early May 2015, misses the penalty that would/could've qualified Napoli to the CL on the final matchday against Lazio in late May and now this debacle in July 2015. He took 9 penalties for Napoli last season and missed 4 of them, by the way.

Supports
Barcelona
Stupid director. First time ever TV misses the trophy lifting moment !!

Skorenzy

The thread title :lol:

Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
this

it baffles me how can't we find a coach that can make this team work as it should
You had that in Sabella, but then he left and you inexplicably appointed Martino who deserves most of the blame for tonights game based on his tactics and substitutions.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
What a game. Great to see Chile win something, congrats to the Chile fans. Can't believe Argentina manage to lose with the superstars they have, Di Maria-Aguero-Messi up front and the rest of the team is very good too.

Rojo or Otamendi were the worst players on the pitch for me and they are still very good players.
Didn't see the game but two defenders were the worst players on the pitch in a 0-0? :confused:

Joemo

whistling in the wind
I thought this was on in 12 minutes! ffs
I missed the second half because I went to the pub with my mates, although I didn't really want to so this has made my night.
It's even worse than just the WC Final... this must be the chokiest year ever for a football player. Misses a golden 1v1 opportunity in the WC Final in July 2014, misses sitter after sitter in the two legs of the Europa League SF against Dnipro in early May 2015, misses the penalty that would/could've qualified Napoli to the CL on the final matchday against Lazio in late May and now this debacle in July 2015. He took 9 penalties for Napoli last season and missed 4 of them, by the way.
That is absolutely horrible. He always seemed a chokey sort of player at Real, but to mess it up so badly for club and country is just... I don't know. I want to say shameful but I feel sorry for him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Didn't see the game but two defenders were the worst players on the pitch in a 0-0? :confused:
To be fair, they had a few problems, but I still think that Lavezzi and Higuain were worse. Otamendi was frequently troubled by Sanchez, whilst Rojo was caught flat-footed on a few occasions whilst being poor going forward, but I honestly thought that, defensively, Demichelis was worse. Rojo did an alright job, defensively, on the left given how often Otamendi was in trouble against Sanchez.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
He's wrong, anyway. Vargas, Pastore, Biglia, and Lavezzi were all worse.
I wouldn't put Biglia in that list. He was decent as a defensive midfielder covering for Mascherano, and he handled the pressure from Chile well. Higuain, though, didn't do any better than Aguero. In fact, I'd say that he was worse than him.

204Red

Someone has to say this

Messi... pretty disappointing in two international finals 2 years running.

Really shut down by Chile today... almost a non factor

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Someone has to say this

I wouldn't put any blame on him at all. No service and no space, the one time he really got turned and running it led to an open goal that Higuain blew. I was disappointed with the way he faded in the world cup final, in tonights game I had nothing but sympathy for him.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Simeone would be an excellent appointment, but he's really built something at Atletico, so not sure he'd want to leave any time soon. Especially after signing the likes of Vietto -- he's clearly planning ahead.

PvsNP

I wouldn't put any blame on him at all. No service and no space, the one time he really got turned and running it led to an open goal that Higuain blew. I was disappointed with the way he faded in the world cup final, in tonights game I had nothing but sympathy for him.
More like Lavezzi blew. Terrible pass.

Supports
Barcelona
Someone has to say this

'cause both Tata and Sabella are too conservative, too cautious. And they can't find a creative midfielder since Riquelme.

Skorenzy

He should have forced it more... he was too static himself at times and at other times his team mates took the wrong option by ignoring him, but above all he himself should've tried to force it more than he did. I think at this stage it's worse to be "invisible" rather than "sloppy". Should have demanded the ball and come looking for it more, as under previous managers that was all Messi ever did, ask for the ball by dropping very deep, which caused other issues but at least he himself was always involved in the play. The one season Martino managed Messi at club level it was the same, with Messi being ignored by the team so often in bizarre fashion and not demanding or going looking for the ball. All I can think is that it's on Martino's orders. Apart from the Paraguay game I don't think Messi has ever looked worse than under Martino, both at club and NT level (even under Maradona he at least showed off his amazing dribbling capabilities).

Supports
Barcelona
He should have forced it more... he was too static himself at times and at other times his team mates took the wrong option by ignoring him, but above all he himself should've tried to force it more than he did. I think at this stage it's worse to be "invisible" rather than "sloppy". Should have demanded the ball and come looking for it more, as under previous managers that was all Messi ever did, ask for the ball by dropping very deep, which caused other issues but at least he himself was always involved in the play. The one season Martino managed Messi at club level it was the same, with Messi being ignored by the team so often in bizarre fashion and not demanding or going looking for the ball. All I can think is that it's on Martino's orders. Apart from the Paraguay game I don't think Messi has ever looked worse than under Martino, both at club and NT level (even under Maradona he at least showed off his amazing dribbling capabilities).
You missed the Colombia game then. he was brilliant.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I didn´t see the first part and I can not judge what di Maria and Kun did but at least in the second I got the feeling that Messi, Mascherano and occasionally Lavezzi were the only playing. Chile is a bully, tough team, but perhaps with another generation and another coach would not have won the cup. In Argentina there are players who have settled and have a place too guaranteed in the team.

Skorenzy

You missed the Colombia game then. he was brilliant.
He was okay against Colombia, but the point I'm making is that overall in his career the highest percentage of his poorest or least involved (ie. "invisible") performances have come when he was being managed by Martino, both at Barça and for Arg so far. I seem to remember Martino making comments to such an effect? Something along the lines of wanting Messi to save himself for the final third. Come on, it was noticeable back then (remember the games against Atléti?) and now as well that when Messi plays under Martino he often seems far less involved -- some games he still shone through (the 4-3 clásico & the Paraguay SF).