Copa America 2015 | Tournament over, Eboue misses the final, everyone lols

fontaine

Ful Ful Ful Member Full Member Full Member
Guerrero was available on a "free" this window, since Corinthians didn't renew his contract (they are having economical difficulties). I was surprised no European team was after him, he went to Flamengo in the end.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I think his problem is the consistency. And it was like this in the past, too. Google Hermann Gerland and Guerrero and you will find a lot of statements the Ex-U23-coach had about him then.
Abundance of talent - but too interested into "living". Flying high - and then being much too sloppy and falling down again - until he is working again for it... - but that in a circle. It was like this when he was a youngster - and it somehow looks like he has not changed.

Pizzaro is a little the same - just with a little more discipline. But if he would have really worked on himself like e.g. a Robben (maybe not that extreme, but there is others that work hard, too) does he would have been really world class. Like this he was just very good. I stay up to see his last matches - or it might be his last matches. A little bit nostalgy as I watched him play so long - and he did not have much match time this season - often was injured. His contract at Bayern will not be renewed (Alonso already took his number 14) - and Pep wants him in his staff. Pizarro already decided to stay in Munich with his family after his career - but he somehow would like to play another year or two.

But maybe you have to have a mentality like this as a striker. Not taking life to serious.
Happens over and over again. One thing is having the skills, but you need the attitude, the discipline, the work ethic... That's one thing I always found exceptional about CR7.

Guerrero is closer to the norm than Cristiano, discipline/work ethic and talent seem to have an inverse correlation, unfortunately. Not for Germans, of course, you are complete freaks.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very likely, Bolivia need to attack which will leave space for the likes of Farfan on the counter. Bolivia might score from a set piece though, unlikely to score from open play.
Did very well there, backed at well over Evens and cashed out because I feared Bolivia would score a consolation goal - which they did.

Great profit on that game. I don't think I'm going to touch Copa America again, I see no value in Argentina v Colombia and Brazil v Paraguay at all and I'm not even sure Chile will find it easy against Peru who have been brilliant so far.

antohan

Guerrero was available on a "free" this window, since Corinthians didn't renew his contract (they are having economical difficulties). I was surprised no European team was after him, he went to Flamengo in the end.
Oh, Flamengo fans are in for a treat, very much the sort of player they will love. An aging forward who was different class, who was their last one? Petkovic?

I lived in Rio 2000-2003 BTW.

antohan

Did very well there, backed at well over Evens and cashed out because I feared Bolivia would score a consolation goal - which they did.

Great profit on that game. I don't think I'm going to touch Copa America again, I see no value in Argentina v Colombia and Brazil v Paraguay at all and I'm not even sure Chile will find it easy against Peru who have been brilliant so far.
I could see Peru upsetting the hosts, they are a feisty team and there's of course a massive rivalry, they sure would suffer more than us having to put up with their next-door neighbours for four years.

Not as good as us defensively, but have more to their game going forward particularly on the counter which is what you need against the remaining favourites.

As ever, I support the underdog, Go Peru!

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
No Cavani touched his face. Barely touched him at all, but it was enough.

fecking idiot. This is the same Jara who squeezed Suarez's balls in 2011 prompting him to throw a punch at him. I can see a ballsqueeze requiring more desperate instinctive reactions, but a finger? Just stay put and take it, err, like a man.
:lol::lol: I don't know mate, I reckon a bloke fingering my arsehole would provoke a violent instinctive reaction from me.

Sarni

I could see Peru upsetting the hosts, they are a feisty team and there's of course a massive rivalry, they sure would suffer more than us having to put up with their next-door neighbours for four years.

Not as good as us defensively, but have more to their game going forward particularly on the counter which is what you need against the remaining favourites.

As ever, I support the underdog, Go Peru!
The pace Peru play at is incredible. They remind me of Leicester, everything they do is so rash and done at amazing speed but if they can pull it off then it becomes very difficult to defend against. Obviously I've only had 4 games to base this on, one of them against very poor Bolivia team and one of them they actually lost but I've been pretty impressed with them and wouldn't be certain about Chile beating them (though I still have Chile as favourites to win the tournament which would be good achievement for a team that impressed so much over the last two World Cups).

They also managed to put a very good defensive shift when it mattered against Colombia.

Sarni

Speaking of wasted talent, Valdivia is leaving Palmeiras and going for a second tour to the Emirates (Al Wahda).

Very elegant player, surprised he's never made any impact in Europe and only managed about 20 appearances, for two very weak sides when he was still very young. Playing in Asia paid him well but he still has to get the feeling that he missed out a bit.

Devil may care

I just caught up on the 2 QF's last night, Chile and Uruguay was an ugly game, Cavani acted the tit all match and was lucky not to see red for his shoulder push on the linesman, however the second yellow was unlucky and now I see Jarra is a crack addict, I'm surprised Cavani didn't punch him. Between the fingerer and Vidal DUI I no loner want Chile to win, of what's left I guess Argentine wil be my choice given the United concretion.

Peru were comfortable winners over Bolivia and Guerrero's ha-trick and magnificently silly hairstyle were the stars of the night. I actually saw him play for his Brazilian club a few weeks ago and now apparently he's left for free as they didn't pay him which is a disgrace when the man clearly has hair grooming bills that will need paying.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
James is playing in central midfield for this match. It looks like Pekerman's had no choice but to go for him there. I wonder if that move'll work out for him, though, in the end, seeing as James is more comfortable in the middle.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
What a superb touch by Messi there when he controlled the overhead ball whilst fending off a defender.

NoPace

James is playing in central midfield for this match. It looks like Pekerman's had no choice but to go for him there. I wonder if that move'll work out for him, though, in the end, seeing as James is more comfortable in the middle.
Messi has noticed and is playing more central hoping to overwhelm the lone Colombian DM (also dealing with Pastore) and get running at the backline.