Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Yet the Scousers want to plough ahead with resuming football ‘by hook or by crook’.

Have absolutely no shame, that lot.
Most fans I know would be happy just to finish with the existing table and declare Liverpool champions.

No doubt shameless opposition fans would harp on about not winning the title properly though, with no sense of irony.

Slysi17

Wow, just wow, you're a professional healthcare and you think this is scaremongering?

Then 18-35 should just resume lives? and not stay at home? Because hey.. it doesnt kill, it doesnt even harm them, you can get covid, stay at home for 14 days and resume your lives? Why don't we all just get one and take a 2 weeks vacation, and let's resume our lives.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...t-home-protect-the-nhs-save-lives-web-version

This is what NHS says btw

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/hea...oronavirus/what-coronavirus-does-to-the-lungs
I believe a healthcare professional over you to be fair. Also going by the article you posted, the lung complications is from Pneumonia which is the more severe case of the virus. It even states that older people have more chance of getting it. It's common knowledge that it only mildly affects people aged 18 to 35 unless they have an underlying health condition. So that post turned into a car crash when you said if Paul Pogba got it there could be a slight chance he could be seriously ill and on a ventilator even though he is fit as a bull. It's scaremongering when you say something like that. I am 29 so would I be seriously ill if I got it. Also to post those articles show's you have no clue about how covid19 affects footballers lungs and how it affects their careers. And Runaway Sue is right. Very few people aged 18 to 35 have become seriously ill from this thing. So that post was scaremongering in a nutshell which no one should be doing at the moment.

Last edited:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Well the Brighton player had better play anyway or they will be relegated.

Most fans I know would be happy just to finish with the existing table and declare Liverpool champions.

No doubt shameless opposition fans would harp on about not winning the title properly though, with no sense of irony.
Where's the irony in mentioning a title hasn't been won properly if it hasn't?

TheReligion

Abusive

And what about if it's decided to finish the season with no Champions or relegation like in Holland?

Ludens the Red

Again do you know that for a fact. Genetically we are different its not all social or economic. Diets are also different whether you have money or not.
Fact is there is no definitive evidence as to why those groups are dying more so stop making it up.

Hes not calling the virus racist. He is simply pointing out he and other minorities and their families may be at a higher risk
There is no definitive evidence? Yes there is. It is literally right there. Medical professionals are literally telling us diabetes and hypertension makes a huge difference.

Bame are more susceptible to diabetes and hypertension, they also seek treatment for it less and are treated for it less. And genetics plays a small part, if the social-economic and dietary conditions aren’t ‘Met’ most of the time you’ll be fine. Which is why the idea that Jobie McAnuff ‘black footballer’ is more at risk than other footballers is not really true at all.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I believe a healthcare professional over you to be fair. Also going by the article you posted, the lung complications is from Pneumonia which is the more severe case of the virus. It even states that older people have more chance of getting it. It's common knowledge that it only mildly affects people aged 18 to 35 unless they have an underlying health condition. So that post turned into a car crash when you said if Paul Pogba got it there could be a slight chance he could be seriously ill and on a ventilator even though he is fit as a bull. It's scaremongering when you say something like that. I am 29 so would I be seriously ill if I got it. Also to post those articles show's you have no clue about how covid19 affects footballers lungs and how it affects their careers.
He is absolutely right when he says that. Any of us can become seriously ill and possibly even die if we get infected with this - the odds are greatly stacked in our favour but some people are just incredibly unlucky.

arnie_ni

He is absolutely right when he says that. Any of us can become seriously ill and possibly even die if we get infected with this - the odds are greatly stacked in our favour but some people are just incredibly unlucky.
But your opinion doesnt matter if your not a healthcare official

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
What makes you think that?
They might fudge relegation but not the title. The situations at the top of the table between Holland and England could hardly be more different. Can’t believe people still think this is possible.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I believe a healthcare professional over you to be fair. Also going by the article you posted, the lung complications is from Pneumonia which is the more severe case of the virus. It even states that older people have more chance of getting it. It's common knowledge that it only mildly affects people aged 18 to 35 unless they have an underlying health condition. So that post turned into a car crash when you said if Paul Pogba got it there could be a slight chance he could be seriously ill and on a ventilator even though he is fit as a bull. It's scaremongering when you say something like that. I am 29 so would I be seriously ill if I got it. Also to post those articles show's you have no clue about how covid19 affects footballers lungs and how it affects their careers. And Runaway Sue is right. Very few people aged 18 to 35 have become seriously ill from this thing. So that post was scaremongering in a nutshell which no one should be doing at the moment.
It's ok. if you think covid 19 is a lie and it's harmless to you because some guy posted on the football forum that it's harmless if you're bellow 35

PS: You do not believe a professional healthcare, you believe someone on the internet that says he is one, while refusing to believe government official, and actual research from a reputable John Hopkins, and a statement by a real healthcare professional that's actually put his name on the statement. But hey, that guy on the internet knows better, he must be right.

arnie_ni

They might fudge relegation but not the title. The situations at the top of the table between Holland and England could hardly be more different. Can’t believe people still think this is possible.
You cant do one an not the other.

Itl never fly with leeds etc all the way down the chain if liverpool are crowned champions and they aren't and therefore not promoted.

For some reason you fail to see that.

If liverpool are champions, they must do promotion and relegation.

Your option is the worst of the lot.

Slysi17

Well ok there is very a slight chance that a young person could be seriously ill from this thing. But it's pretty unlikely. But he just seemed like he was scaremongering and greatly exaggerated the chance of young people becoming seriously ill from this thing.

Last edited:

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell

Say what? :lol:

When were you declared champions? And if a team is declared a champion with a smidgin under a quarter of the games still to play, it certainly will give cause for those to ‘harp on’ about a title not being earned in its totality.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What people who "wants football resumed" also fails to consider is that their beloved players can catch corona, and it could potentially ruin their career, having a reduced lung capacity means that's it for professional athlete.

From the clubs point of view they're risking 500M worth of assets, and if one caught the virus and spreads it all it'll be a catastrophic financial lost.

Imagine if pogba gets sick and put into ventilator (slim chance, he's fit as a bull), if god forbid it happens it'll probably took more than a while for him to get back to top condition, if it's even possible with a reduced lung capacity.

Do we actually want to take that risk?
If you want to make a financial argument, you're currently saying the 0.01% (or whatever the odds of one of the top players catching the virus due to playing AND getting severe complications) chance to void a 75m asset (which they might be insured against btw) is worse than the 100% certainty to lose 75m in TV money.

TheReligion

Abusive
Has it every been said by the Dutch FA that is why the called the league as they did? Or have you lot just assumed it (in hope) as it fits what you want?

Genuine question.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
You cant do one an not the other.

Itl never fly with leeds etc all the way down the chain if liverpool are crowned champions and they aren't and therefore not promoted.

For some reason you fail to see that.

If liverpool are champions, they must do promotion and relegation.

Your option is the worst of the lot.
They can do what they want if they vote on it. There is no need to stipulate all or nothing. Very easy to separate things. Liverpool winning the title based on current placings has zero impact on relegation other than people on here saying it must be all or nothing. Holland awarded CL based on this season but no title so they easily split things. The problem will be relegation but it won’t be an issue because LFC get the title.

arnie_ni

They can do what they want if they vote on it. There is no need to stipulate all or nothing. Very easy to separate things. Liverpool winning the title based on current placings has zero impact on relegation other than people on here saying it must be all or nothing. Holland awarded CL based on this season but no title so they easily split things. The problem will be relegation but it won’t be an issue because LFC get the title.
Holland only done that because uefa ordered it. Your missing that vital point

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It will have to be the players who'd have to put their foot down and demand that football cannot and should not be played.Footballers are going to come out as the biggest losers from this all, irrespective of how 'Project Restart' goes.

Let's just carry out the math that we're dealing with- We're talking about atleast 50 members from each club (staff and players), ballboys, groundsmen, security, health professionals, production team, referees, technical teams, etc. taking part here. The 1000-1200 people in this cohort, which would include players, staff, production, etc. are essential for football and cannot be replaced, or cannot be replaced overnight. So, they'd have to test each one of these every day. Why? Because if even one player has caught coronavirus, you want that detected before everyone else on the team catches it as well. Assuming teams agree to play out the remaining games over even 5 weeks - which sounds overly ambitious as we're talking 2 games a week - we're talking about 42k tests for these essential people. Add to that, groundsmen, ballboys and other non essential people will require atleast 4 tests a week - 1 on the day of Kickoff, 1 on day before kickoff - So that means we're talking about 16k tests. Let's round the two numbers up and we're saying roughly 60k tests are required over 5 weeks to get football underway. While we're talking about this, don't forget it's being said that the test results will be back in a couple of hours, much faster than what it takes for general public to get their results back! Add to that, we're taking away some Healthcare professionals away from the system in these times just so that people can get a source of entertainment back.

Now think about how the public will perceive these money grabbing footballers. They are taking away our docs, they can get testing done faster, and are given all the facilities while someone they know is dead from this disease. Just think about the outrage this will lead to. And this is assuming the best case scenario where everything goes as per FA's plan and no player gets infected.

In case a player gets infected, maybe dies, what then? The teammates will hate their club for forcing them back on the field despite all the professionals saying that it's unsafe. The players of other clubs will hate the FA and their clubs for this. There obviously won't be anymore football. Some players might have reduced lung capacity which will shorten their career, reduce their abilities, etc. Are the FA going to cover these costs as well?

It's a stupid argument that football needs to come back. Just follow the Eredivisie rule, don't relegate anyone this year, get the top 2 from championship up this year, top 4 from Championship up next year to compensate them. And as far as relegation is concerned - Bottom 4 from PL go down every year till the number of clubs gets back to 20.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Has it every been said by the Dutch FA that is why the called the league as they did? Or have you lot just assumed it (in hope) as it fits what you want?

Genuine question.
Cant recall who but someone on here did say that they said champions weren’t awarded because it was too close.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ermmm what? I don't think you follow. You'll have to crown champs in each league which then begs the question what you do with relegation and promotion.

I'm not sure what you can't get.

arnie_ni

Cant recall who but someone on here did say that they said champions weren’t awarded because it was too close.
Why is this persons post taken as gospel?

The dutch fa have said nothing of the sort that I've seen in any major sporting news outlets

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
If you want to make a financial argument, you're currently saying the 0.01% (or whatever the odds of one of the top players catching the virus due to playing AND getting severe complications) chance to void a 75m asset (which they might be insured against btw) is worse than the 100% certainty to lose 75m in TV money.
I love where you get that 0.01% chances of the virus doing any harm if you're young.

So if we're 18-35 we're practically immune from corona? Now why didn't we think of that?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Ermmm what? I don't think you follow. You'll have to crown champs in each league which then begs the question what you do with relegation and promotion.

I'm not sure what you can't get.
Let’s see what happens. I should be happy that people are still clutching at straws but am genuinely baffled that people are still hopeful of this outcome.

arnie_ni

Let’s see what happens. I should be happy that people are still clutching at straws but am genuinely baffled that people are still hopeful of this outcome.
As we are that your hopeful of liverpool champions with no relegation.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think that's partly your problem. I can only speak for myself but I don't care if you are given the title. I just want the outcome to be fair. If they think of a way to do titles, promotion and relegation in each league great. Let's finish it and stop this madness.

Believe it or not Liverpool FC are not the most important thing right now.

Sara125

Again do you know that for a fact. Genetically we are different its not all social or economic. Diets are also different whether you have money or not.
Fact is there is no definitive evidence as to why those groups are dying more so stop making it up.

Hes not calling the virus racist. He is simply pointing out he and other minorities and their families may be at a higher risk
What do you mean by genetic differences? I think a combination of things contribute to more minority deaths. Diet is a factor- for example I’m African and our staple foods contain a lot of oil and seasoning that has salt way above the recommended daily intake, plus we usually have them in big portions (same with Caribbean foods. I can’t speak for Asian foods as I’m not too familiar with them but I’ll bet it’s similar). Not only that but ethnic minorities more likely to live in areas where there are chicken and chip shops etc. on every corner, so I think all these things add to underlying health conditions. Also due to poverty more likely to be ‘go to’ meals.

On top of that, BAME especially black people are statistically more likely to be under-treated by health professionals or seen when it’s too late. I’m sure there are other things also to do with social and economic environments but these are just two examples that sprang to mind instantly.

Last edited:

arnie_ni

I think that's partly your problem. I can only speak for myself but I don't care if you are given the title. I just want the outcome to be fair. If they think of a way to do titles, promotion and relegation in each league great. Let's finish it and stop this madness.

Same.

It needs to be the same all the way through. If liverpool are champions, leeds need to be in PL next year and so on and so forth.

If they find a way to do that fairly, lets hear it and get it done

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool

I agree relegation is the important issue or at least the most difficult but us getting the title doesn’t affect it.

TheReligion

Abusive
Same.

It needs to be the same all the way through. If liverpool are champions, leeds need to be in PL next year and so on and so forth.

If they find a way to do that fairly, lets hear it and get it done
Yeah exactly and I'm not sure why the scouse can't accept this or even agree?

They just seem to care about their own interests which is very crass given the circumstances.