Could they void the PL due to the Coronavirus? | No | Resuming June 17th

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I still don't think it should be back yet, but it is what it is. I hope we can continue our good form that we were in pre-postponement. We'll have a full strength squad for the first time in what feels like 10 years. (I assume, unless Pogba is still injured?)

But I don't quite understand how the directive from the government is to socially distance and stay 2m apart, but football is essentially exempt. To me, it doesn't set a good example to the public, and for those making sacrifices of not being able to properly see family and loved ones.

It seems like lockdown restrictions are being loosened a little bit once more today. I wouldn't be surprised if football starts back up as planned and then is suspended again. Inter-household contact will start to increase again, which opens up the possibility of the infection rate creeping up.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And the Dumb Star is showing his true colours.
Poor chap it's been a hard 30 years of crying and a lot of scouse teenage years completely demolished. :D
I wish I was that young. :( But yes it's been a hard non-teenage 30 years of crying and being demolished. Tonight Matthew I will be Dominic Cumming. Over and over again. :)

20solskjaer

All of you owe me an apology. I told you football would be back. Now it's coming back just like I predicted, BCD before July.

Called it. While you doom and gloomers look foolish now.

Well my obsession proved right.

Looks like I had a clue in the end, eh? my shit sources and taking out of context proved right. You were wrong and now look foolish. I thought the world was supposed to be ending??

Nailed it

Nope. You were wrong. The world is not ending. I told you football would be back and it is coming back. You now look foolish.

Okay but in the end I was right.

I thought it through. Look who looks foolish now. Told you football would be back.

@Pexbo looks like you lost the bet!
Ooohhhh look at me everyone, i was right and you were all wrong :lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
By the time the 17 June comes around a second wave will be well on the way.

Still by then I don't think the Tories and the PL owners will care.
This is mind boggling negativism. And most probably simply a false statement as well, numbers will still be trending downwards on June 17th I bet.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Covid May trend downwards but you can bet your ass as it gets to June the amount of Liverpool “fans” appearing from nowhere will trend upwards

just like when that other small club, Blackburn, won the league

Last edited:

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
All of you owe me an apology. I told you football would be back. Now it's coming back just like I predicted, BCD before July.

Looks like I had a clue in the end, eh? my shit sources and taking out of context proved right. You were wrong and now look foolish. I thought the world was supposed to be ending??

Nailed it

Nope. You were wrong. The world is not ending. I told you football would be back and it is coming back. You now look foolish.

I thought it through. Look who looks foolish now. Told you football would be back.

I owe you feck all and your getting feck all and if I was you I would of saved the hysterics until an actual ball is kicked.

You have proved my previous statement of you being a lunatic.

pseudo_canadian

OutOfTowner

JCL Daytripping WUM

Nailed it

Try not to break your delicate spine while you're busy gobbling yourself.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Interesting that the BBC is getting some live games. They're getting 4 apparently.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../may/26/uk-coronavirus-deaths-weekly-covid-19

The death fig in the UK is close to 60k that the 38k being reported.

Lockdown didn't start soon enough and they lifted restrictions too early.
You're delusional. We got lucky with this virus. It's not that bad. What would your doom and gloom be like if we actually had a serious virus like the spanish flu or small pox? No disrespect to those that caught this virus, but in relative terms this virus was nothing compared to what we have experienced in the past.

I owe you feck all and your getting feck all and if I was you I would of saved the hysterics until an actual ball is kicked.

You have proved my previous statement of you being a lunatic.
Sore loser. You look like you have egg on your face and you look foolish. I was right and you were wrong. Be man enough to admit that.

Please accept my apologies.
Thanks for being real.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
You're delusional. We got lucky with this virus. It's not that bad. What would your doom and gloom be like if we actually had a serious virus like the spanish flu or small pox? No disrespect to those that caught this virus, but in relative terms this virus was nothing compared to what we have experienced in the past.

Sore loser. You look like you have egg on your face and you look foolish. I was right and you were wrong. Be man enough to admit that.

Thanks for being real.
Only because of the massive lockdown did so few die.

The deluded one are those who think we can go back to normal without a vaccine or a treatment.

JMack1234

Not necessarily. First of all, over the last few years numerous players have dropped dead on pitches such as Foe, or near dead like that lad at Bolton, never mind the cases in other countries.

secondly, despite heart tracing etc, you can go your whole life with very specific heart issues undetected. Not every test picks up everything. For example, I had tracing, echos, treadmill tests, blood tests etc and was discharged from hospital. Only when I dropped at home did I get a full cardiac MRI to discover major issues.
From now until we get a vaccine nothing is going to be risk free and we need to accept that and move on.

If you look at the statistics you'll see that the risk of COVID to people who of a footballers profile (young & fit) is tiny. In the UK 183 people aged between 20-39 died of COVID. Is it zero? No, but the risk to the players is minimal.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Thanks for being real.
You just look like a tosser, I'll take a warning for that, all though I doubt many will disagree with me.

There was no downward trend when you was spouting that bollocks, the numbers were going up. Then you disappeared for months waiting for the moment football was announced to return to claim a win ?

Yeah forget the hundreds of thousands of people dead, Ronaldo's mum was right eh ?.

Last edited:

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
For the first time, since the end of the 4 tiered Football League in 1992, LIVE and Free-To-Air top flight football will be back on The BBC!

4 of the remaining 92 fixtures, will shown on The Beeb

alexthelion

How many of those businesses do you think will be open in the UK before the Premier League returns?

Theres a good chance that football will be back before dentists even reopen here which to me is insane. I've been living with dental pain for going on 9 weeks now without even the help of pain relief offered by my dentist. Lots of regular dental procedures will have by now degenerated into more serious problems, routine screening hasn't been carried out for going on 3 months and serious health issues like cancer will not be diagnosed. Yet the return of top flight football is deemed a higher priority by the Tory party. Their priorities seem to be messed up here.

If the PL returning was part of a grander scheme to help out lower league clubs then i could understand and that would be great, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
Top flight football has only been green-lighted by the government, not pushed for as you seem to be implying.

I know people like to blame the Tories for everything but in this case it's just not true.

stevoc

As far as I know (speaking to a couple of my NHS dentist clients), urgent dental care has been available throughout. Have you tried getting it?

Dentists are still getting their monthly NHS credits (or the majority of it based on UDA performance) on the proviso they don't furlough staff and (for some), put their names on a rota to cover anything that can't/shouldn't wait.
Yep several times now mate but i gave up phoning weeks ago and now just live on painkillers. You phone your dentist and in my case have to leave a message. Nurse phones you back asks what the problem is, makes a note of your symptoms says a Dentist will phone be back. The Dentist phones back 4-5 hours later and basically says they can't do anything for me unless my face is severely swollen. And according to him even then i would only be referred to one of the urgent clinics for an extraction. No other procedures that could save the tooth will be attempted as far as i understand it.

I went through that 3-4 times before I phoned the 111 line one day to see if they could help me but that went nowhere as well as i live in Northern Ireland and my only options were the Coronavirus helpline or hang up and dial 999, which i obviously wasn't prepared to do.

This guy had a similar experience in trying to get help.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-52321910

alexthelion

Jesus mate did you even read my post?

I'm not saying doctors shouldn't work, how would you even get that from my post? I'm saying the Government should be and should have been giving Dentists the guidance and support so they could continue work. Dentists should have been classified a key workers also and allowed to continue treating their patients. Thousands of people have been suffering with dental pain for months with some having to resort to diy dentistry.

What do you think Dentists will be wearing btw when they do re-open?

Obviously when Dentists do re-open they will be wearing masks and visors to protect themselves. Masks and visors that they could have been wearing while doing their job during the last 6-7 weeks if the government had given them the go ahead and support to do so.

This thread is about the Premier League restarting.

I hope your right on that second point, but we'll see. Even if they do Dentists should have been back months before football restarts.

You don't seem to grasp much of what i've said yourself mate judging by the tone of your post, how dare someone suggest another sector should be treated as a higher priority than football.
You keep going on and on about dentists but round here they are re-opening 1 June, so obviously someone (the government?) has talked to them and given them the go ahead to open.

Brightonian

[dumb and dumber mode] so you’re saying that there’s a chance?[/mode off]

yes I would bloody well hope that checks are more thorough but as Blind recently demonstrated it can still go undetected.

I was screened every 6 months btw. It was only on this very expensive, very specific piece of kit that my full issues showed up.

but hey, it’s going ahead and i know it’s a slight risk. I just think it’s an unnecessary risk for the wrong reasons
Undetected heart issues don't need a virus to suddenly kill players anyway, we've seen that. So again, the coronavirus isn't really your issue here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You keep going on and on about dentists but round here they are re-opening 1 June, so obviously someone (the government?) has talked to them and given them the go ahead to open.
Where are you? As the gov announced 8th June today I believe.