Cricket: ICC World Twenty20 tournament Sept 2007 in South Africa

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
That's a spastic comparison

You ain't subject to any of the media bollocks in here. If you were you'd know how bad the situation is and how much is it in need of perspective
Media sprouts bollocks in every field now. No change when it comes to sports.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Woohooooooooo
feck that was great.. i've lost my voice.
World Champions! Lalalala

Spoony

The People's President
Slav, would I be right in assuming you're Bengali?

Or ateast a Marathi with a -kar at the end of his name?
Kar? what does this mean?

Who cares?
You can't force people into liking other sports.

I still think T20 is not good for the game but it was great performance by Indian team over the last week. Cricket fans are obviously are going to over joyed by it. For someone who has so much disdain for Indian cricket you do spend an awful lot of time fuming over it.
You're a gloryhunter.

Shit, I'm enjoying this gay civil war.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Shut up you wankers....we just finally won something BIG.

Caf celebration.Spam the General with the threads in honour of Joginder, the finest paceman ever born.

Joginder, ho Joginder

Salvation

Damnation
You have completely lost the plot here Salvation.

Basically derailing the thread with senile comments. Why would you support Pakistan over India? Amazing that any Indian would admit to it. It's not about haitng every thing Pakistani like some people which every nation has but they are still our rivals and we have had acrimonious relations with them for over 60 years now resulting in multiple wars. Ridiculous and no explanation covers it.
feck off
I don't find anything wrong in it. I was rooting for none, as always, but found myself liking the underdog...natural tendency. What's so hugely sinful about that?

Who cares?
You can't force people into liking other sports.

I still think T20 is not good for the game but it was great performance by Indian team over the last week. Cricket fans are obviously are going to over joyed by it. For someone who has so much disdain for Indian cricket you do spend an awful lot of time fuming over it.
You can generate interest from which one thing leads to another. The media bollocks is what does me in. Atleast celebrate more important sporting wins equally

Slav, would I be right in assuming you're Bengali?

Or ateast a Marathi with a -kar at the end of his name?
Way off. I have Southern Indian roots, but like most who come from Bombay, roots don't matter two fecks

crappycraperson

Scout
Kar? what does this mean?

You're a gloryhunter.

Shit, I'm enjoying this gay civil war.
hehhe...Indian fan, a glory hunter.

Seriously though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the last 3 matches India has played. I still stick with my original stance that T20 won't last.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
This was never about you. It was about the whole media bollocks and zing's thought police opposing natural tendencies with knowing feck all
To be fair, satheesh is from Madras.He can't be faulted for his lack of education.

Spoony

The People's President

Seriously though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the last 3 matches India has played. I still stick with my original stance that T20 won't last.
It will. Now that you lot have won it, it'll take India by storm. That said, I must admit the 50 over WC feels like the real thing. This was a bit mickey mousy, but better than I expected. I was expected something a kin to the Hong Kong sixes.

Salvation

Damnation

It will slowly but steadily. That what Spoony, Don and me were discussing the other day. Plus India are the champions of this form, that means more than 50% of the cricketing population demanding more

crappycraperson

Scout
I don't find anything wrong in it. I was rooting for none, as always, but found myself liking the underdog...natural tendency. What's so hugely sinful about that?
For starters rooting for none when your own nation is involved should tell you something is wrong.
I hate the PC crowd who try to pretend that all is well between Indo-Pak as much as the jingoistic crowd.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Let us take this moment to pause and reflect on the glorious success of our team in SA who have gone through hardships and strife to come up on top.

Let us also thank God that we're not Yanks.

Amen.

Spoony

The People's President
It will slowly but steadily. That what Spoony, Don and me were discussing the other day. Plus India are the champions of this form, that means more than 50% of the cricketing population demanding more
Yes. I think the other stuff form will die out, I don't think there'll be room for both formats.

bigredmachine

Running smooth
Hey Bhagwan. Quite obviously I find it rather strange that any Indian would support any other team over India at anything. But hey, you stick to whatever it is that you're thinking.

Spastic.

Quite like some of the idiots that were actually cheering on here when India got knocked out of the WC in the first round.
I rate this post...

Spoony

The People's President
For starters rooting for none when your own nation is involved should tell you something is wrong.
I hate the PC crowd who try to pretend that all is well between Indo-Pak as much as the jingoistic crowd.
Many United, in fact most United fans don't follow the national side.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Nonsense, the tension was evident.India Pakistan always creates that....but its not the same thing as Tests or even ODI's.I remember how charged I was as a 9 year old in 96 when Prasad got that wanker Sohail out.

crappycraperson

Scout
You can generate interest from which one thing leads to another. The media bollocks is what does me in. Atleast celebrate more important sporting wins equally

Way off. I have Southern Indian roots, but like most who come from Bombay, roots don't matter two fecks
Media caters to the public, that's how it is, it is like entertainment channels. Show news which get the TRPs. Same everywhere, so moan in CEs. I created a thread about Indian media couple of months ago you can continue it.

Spoony

The People's President
Nonsense, the tension was evident.India Pakistan always creates that....but its not the same thing as Tests or even ODI's.I remember how charged I was as a 9 year old in 96 when Prasad got that wanker Sohail out.
That's because you were 9 years old.

That said, football brings the worst out of me.

crappycraperson

Scout
Many United, in fact most United fans don't follow the national side.
Completely different situation with international cricket. How did you feel about United fans supporting Liverpool in CL final? Even that was better, consider that thought if it was United-Liverpool final.
As I said PC crowd can pretend all they want, there is a rivalry between the two nations and supporting your arch rival over your own team in a final, be it a kabaddi match, is idiotic.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We were watching at the office cafeteria. Place was jam packed, everyone screaming after any incident or seemed to be incident. That was incredible. What a finish. World Champions!