Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Tremlett's nowhere near Morkel. I have seen every England test over the past couple of years. He gets a lot of bounce(as you would expect from a guy so tall), but Morkel's simply terrifying. Tremlett maintains good lines, Morkel gets off-the-deck movement to go with his bounce.
So does Tremlett, the way Tremlett has bowled since he's come into the team is very comparable to Morkel, and I'd chose Tremlett on his recent form over Morkel due to his accuracy.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I thinks that's the thing. Morkel & Steyn are strike bowlers but give runs away. The thing that England have done so well with the past 12 months or so is that they build up pressure on the opposition batsman. It's a different approach from SA.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I thinks that's the thing. Morkel & Steyn are strike bowlers but give runs away. The thing that England have done so well with the past 12 months or so is that they build up pressure on the opposition batsman. It's a different approach from SA.
No mater which way you twist the words, Steyn is better than anyone England have. Or anyone else has for that matter.

amolbhatia50k

So who is we and who are useless?

The 2 best test sides in the World at the moment...:confused:
England are usually useless. There seems to be an improvement of late but it will have to be more long term for the general feeling that they are to change.

zing

Zingle balls
amol's just seriously under-rating England, as much as some here are under-rating India. England are a top side in favourable conditions. Don't think they'll cut it in the sub-continent, but that's not the talking point here.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yeap they are definitely a top opposition at the moment.

Batting talent is there with depth: Strauss, Cook, Trott, KP, Morgan, Bell

Bowling wise, they have a very good spinner and a swing bowler in Anderson who will rout you in favorable conditions.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
amol's just seriously under-rating England, as much as some here are under-rating India. England are a top side in favourable conditions. Don't think they'll cut it in the sub-continent, but that's not the talking point here.
Yeap they are definitely a top opposition at the moment.

Batting talent is there with depth: Strauss, Cook, Trott, KP, Morgan, Bell

Bowling wise, they have a very good spinner and a swing bowler in Anderson who will rout you in favorable conditions.
Exactly.

Trott is incredible really, not pretty on the eyes but always gets the runs. His record IIRC is excellent in both Tests and ODI.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Trott is anti cricket, and not fit to tie Dravids laces.

KM

My predicted lineup for India tomorrow:

Mukund
Gambhir
Dravid
Sachin
Laxman
Raina
Dhoni
Bhajji
Zaheer
Ishant
Sreesanth

I'm getting giddy for tomorrow's match now.

amolbhatia50k

How am I underrating England? I'm talking about a very real perception based on past performances. That post wasn't even aimed at the current England side. As I've said before this will be a very very tough series. Especially given this team hasn't played test cricket for awhile and some players are coming off a rest.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don't think anybody is underrating India. They are the ones with the super star names. I do think they play far too much 20/20 type cricket and their batting might struggle in England where patience is the key. Having said that Tendulkar & Dravid can play that game, they will be the key players for India. India's bowling attack might be a little light but they do have bowlers who can swing the ball and should pose a threat. But England's batting is strong, they will be difficult to get out cheaply.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Brian Lara said he is going to be there at Lord's to watch Tendulkar score his 100th century.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
England should go with Bresnan ahead of Broad. Hope Sachin gets his 100th century at Lord's. Should be an entertaining series, I think it will end 2-1 to England.

zing

Zingle balls
How am I underrating England? I'm talking about a very real perception based on past performances. That post wasn't even aimed at the current England side. As I've said before this will be a very very tough series. Especially given this team hasn't played test cricket for awhile and some players are coming off a rest.
Why do past performances matter when you're judging a team that has little relation to the past? This is a top class England outfit and they don't need to answer to questions directed at the players of yesteryears.

amolbhatia50k

Why do past performances matter when you're judging a team that has little relation to the past? This is a top class England outfit and they don't need to answer to questions directed at the players of yesteryears.
Umm because I wasn't judging the current lot? I was talking about the general perception of England as a cricketing nation.

amolbhatia50k

Wow I though Sehwag was out of the first test only. HUGE blow.

zing

Zingle balls
Covers off, cloudy conditions, rain expected around lunch. Still more than an hour from the actual start of play.

Also, Sehwag's a twat for giving the IPL precedence.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
Indian's being knobs in a cricket thread.... shock horror.

Looking forward to an enthralling series.

KM

Indian's being knobs in a cricket thread.... shock horror.

Looking forward to an enthralling series.
Nobody is being a knob here. English fans in being precious...shock horror.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I must've missed this. Only person I see being a knob here is you.
Not you,

Donadol earlier.

Anyway, I have the utmost respect for this Indian batting line-up and if they do win this series against a formidable bowling attack in English conditions it will only further elevate their status.

That said I'm expecting England to win, I think youth and bowling skill is firmly on their side, not to mention some of the best form batsmen in the world, all on home turf under the cloud.

I'm moving to India next year so here is to hoping I can have this small victory before I get there.

KM

Not you,

Donadol earlier.

Anyway, I have the utmost respect for this Indian batting line-up and if they do win this series against a formidable bowling attack in English conditions it will only further elevate their status.

That said I'm expecting England to win, I think youth and bowling skill is firmly on their side, not to mention some of the best form batsmen in the world, all on home turf under the cloud.

I'm moving to India next year so here is to hoping I can have this small victory before I get there.
He was kinda being sarcastic.

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
He was kinda being sarcastic.
Okay fair enough, I must be hypersensitive to Indians gloating about cricket because I get it all the time.

The world cup was hilarious from the people I knew:

Group Stage: 'Dhoni is a shambles and an embarrasment to the nation, the team is aging and we are shite'

After the final: 'Dhoni is God'

KM

Okay fair enough, I must be hypersensitive to Indians gloating about cricket because I get it all the time.

The world cup was hilarious from the people I knew:

Group Stage: 'Dhoni is a shambles and an embarrasment to the nation, the team is aging and we are shite'

After the final: 'Dhoni is God'
That doesn't surprise me as the majority of the media and the population here are knee-jerkers to the extreme .

FortBoyard

gets teste with iPads
Supports
Bitter Racism
I know it is classic.

I seriously think being Indian cricket captain is the toughest job in sport because of the pressure and criticism.

Even Sachin couldn't do it!

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Backing a Bell ton here, England to get 400+ first innings and India > 320 to set up a tense session on the final day where India have to block out when rain interruptions are taken into account.

KM

I know it is classic.

I seriously think being Indian cricket captain is the toughest job in sport because of the pressure and criticism.

Even Sachin couldn't do it!
Actually think being Sachin Tendulkar is the most difficult job in sport right now. Every time he goes to bats, everyone expects him to score a century. If he doesn't score for 3-4 innings, then classic headlines likes "SACHIN END-ULKAR" comes into play.

Btw how's the weather there?