Cricket:India's tour of England 2011

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm not winding up the English here, but I don't think it's wrong actually. He isn't an Englishman. He is south african.
This whole idea of a person of one nationality playing for another really irks me. But enlighten me, surely he is of dual nationality if he's elidgeble to play for England? In that case he is English as well as South African.

And even if that isn't the case, you try and keep quiet about these things if you know what you're going to say will piss off those who follow English cricket. He just comes across as a bit thick.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
KP has an English mum but grew up in South Africa and only moved to England when he was 19.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This whole idea of a person of one nationality playing for another really irks me. But enlighten me, surely he is of dual nationality if he's elidgeble to play for England? In that case he is English as well as South African.

And even if that isn't the case, you try and keep quiet about these things if you know what you're going to say will piss off those who follow English cricket. He just comes across as a bit thick.
What I wanted to say that it's normal that he doesn't feel as an English man as he moved to England at 19. I think it's pretty understandable, although you're right that he shouldn't be saying these things.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
It certainly seems that way given the general talk. I'll admit I've not seen that much of this team. And it's the best period for Indian cricket ever.

So much better than Australia winning EVERYTHING. :)
If England were to win this series by 2 (which I think they won't) they'll be top of the world rankings.

Rams

They all have British nationality and are not allowed dual nationality. So what's the problem?

amolbhatia50k

They all have British nationality and are not allowed dual nationality. So what's the problem?
It's just a bit odd that a guy who lived his first 19 years in SA is English. That's odd IMO. But that's another debate.

Point is now that he's taken the decisions he has he shouldn't be antagonizing the English by reacting badly to being called that. He should be thankful for the opportunity he's been given by them.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
KP doesn't look too comfortable against Sharma.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
It's just a bit odd that a guy who lived his first 19 years in SA is English. That's odd IMO. But that's another debate.

Point is now that he's taken the decisions he has he shouldn't be antagonizing the English by reacting badly to being called that. He should be thankful for the opportunity he's been given by them.
I think what's being mention is a quote from Ed Cowans book and I presume that its been taken out of context. The quote itself seemed very much like a joke to me.

Edit: KP has a three lions tattoo and has always said how proud he is to play for England. Just remember him kissing his helmet after getting his first century in 2005 against South Africa.

amolbhatia50k

I still can't believe Praveen Kumar is a first choice test bowler for India :lol:

Rams

Have all the Indian players who have played for India been born in India? Anyway, if they want to play under the ECC and are legally qualified British or Irish nationality I don't see why they shouldn't play for the ECC.

amolbhatia50k

Have all the Indian players who have played for India been born in India? Anyway, if they want to play under the ECC and are legally qualified British or Irish nationality I don't see why they shouldn't play for the ECC.
As I said this is a debate for another thread but yeah I do believe that you should play for the country you're born and brought up in.

FAO Indians, what happened to Ashish Nehra? I know Praveen can swing the ball and all and has done well for us in the past but for a big tour like this it's depressing that he's first choice.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
As I said this is a debate for another thread but yeah I do believe that you should play for the country you're born and brought up in.

FAO Indians, what happened to Ashish Nehra? I know Praveen can swing the ball and all and has done well for us in the past but for a big tour like this it's depressing that he's first choice.
If KP is prepared to put on an England shirt and score centuries against his country of birth - that his choice, and as far as i, and most people in England are concerned he is a well liked English cricketer.

I don't think there is anyone who 'hates' Pietersen in England, infact alot of people leave the bar in the ground to watch him play.

zing

Zingle balls
It doesn't matter how well Praveen bowls, but I hate watching him bowl in tests. I'd rather watch a shit Sreesanth spell..

amolbhatia50k

It doesn't matter how well Praveen bowls, but I hate watching him bowl in tests. I'd rather watch a shit Sreesanth spell..
Same here. It's very annoying.

Also, can Lord's really be the 'home of cricket' when the crowd sounds like they're at a funeral?

zing

Zingle balls
No, I genuinely dislike it. I switched off now. The only thing as uninspiring as our bowling when it's bad is watching Jonathan Trott bat.

amolbhatia50k

Nah I know what he means. Look at him lumbering up to bowl. I wonder how the batsmen keep a straight face when playing defensive shots to him :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The rain is an hour away if my house is anything to go by.

Normally gets to Lords in 45-60 mins.

zing

Zingle balls
What's the weather forecast for today? Will there be any play after the rain hits or that's that?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hurry the feck up rain, a miracle if we get through this 2 down!

ha_rooney

Great delivery from Zaheer, Dhoni has to get that.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What's the weather forecast for today? Will there be any play after the rain hits or that's that?
Most likely as the light will go very quickly.

The weather is forecast to get better day by day - and with it nipping a round, there should be a result in the test IMO.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
First run in 34 bowls from Zak's bowling. He is magic genuinely.

ha_rooney

Zaheer has pulled up, terrible news for India if he is injured.

He is going off....

amolbhatia50k

If this is serious, our series could be close to over. We are THAT reliant on him.

feck! Imagine no Sehwag, no Zaheer.

ha_rooney

At least they have Praveen :smirk:

Huge loss for India, their best bowler by a mile.