Cristiano Ronaldo - Much Ado About Al Nassr

George Bright

I'm almost certain Messi has scored more goals from outside the box than Ronaldo. Never mind discussing deadballs, when Messi is by far a better freekick taker the last 5 years than Ronaldo has ever been.
Messi only scores freeckicks from the right or centre close to the box. Ronaldo had all kind of varieties at his peak. Eg his free kicks against Blackburn or Arsenal.
Well he tailed off long ago but we're discussing their peaks here I suppose.

Fobal

Supports
Liverpool
Messi only scores freeckicks from the right or centre close to the box. Ronaldo had all kind of varieties at his peak. Eg his free kicks against Blackburn or Arsenal.
Actually it's more of the other way around, Ronaldo kind of started to loose the aim when he tried to convert almost every free kick with the same style of shooting.

Messi doesn't score "only" from a certain spot and he scored lots of types, bending it outside the barrier, above the barrier, straight forward missiles, to the keepers post, to the other post, ets...he even dink it at times or some out of the blue low shots silly naughty mofo. In fact from the top of my head two stellar ones are the one against Aleti in a very tight angle above the keeper (in fact maybe it was Courtois) and the Liverpool semi finals in CL was a rocket with effect to an angle from a very far spot (I recall a couple of those against Madrid too)....anyway, we all get that CR tried more (and failed a lot more, while converting quite some) some long distances shots, but Messi only converting from few positions and in one style, it's a bit of a extreme...anyway this is Ronnie's thread.

Pocho

You need to watch football

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Just scored another but the defending is comical

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Its going to be high scoring game, basically its Ronaldo + Mane + Talisca attack vs Firmino + Maximin + Mahrez.

cletus7

Trouble is none of these goals out in these places ‘count’. Not being able to see the ball going in the net for that goal is like a poetic metaphor.

red.knight

I’m just happy to see Cristiano Ronaldo enjoying himself.

Cristiano Ronaldo in 2023/24
14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Anybody knows why Ten hag prefers to keep Martial over Ronaldo? How many goals Martial scored since Ronaldo left?

SirScholes

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Anybody knows why Ten hag prefers to keep Martial over Ronaldo? How many goals Martial scored since Ronaldo left?
many reasons. But the one for me is his whiny interview with Piers Morgan, embarrassing
Enjoy the farmer league

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

At this stage of his career, it is better for him to go somewhere he feels welcome and he can enjoy his football. Same for Messi. Ronaldo said it himself his business with European league is finished.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
At this stage of his career, it is better for him to go somewhere he feels welcome and he can enjoy his football. Same for Messi. Ronaldo said it himself his business in European league is finished.
Indeed. Dog shit leagues like those in Saudi or the US are perfect for the two over the hill stars to pad their stats in a head to head battle that has now become meaningless to everyone except the two of them and their armies of fanbois.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

I think he is lucky his career will be ending up on high this way... although he is playing in an easy league outside Europe with big pay cheque, somehow he also ends up getting all the attention with many other high profile world class players competing in the same league, and he is scoring goals for fun.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Indeed. Dog shit leagues like those in Saudi or the US are perfect for the two over the hill stars to pad their stats in a head to head battle that has now become meaningless to everyone except the two of them and their armies of fanbois.
For a player who is 38 years old, it is wise to play in an easy league with the big fat pay cheque than any of the elite European club anyway. Both Messi and Ronaldo won everything (or almost) in sporting term so there is no unfinished business for them in Europe. They don't need to prove anything to anyone at their age.

red.knight

many reasons. But the one for me is his whiny interview with Piers Morgan, embarrassing
Enjoy the farmer league
What was the footballing reason Ten hag prefer to keep Martial over Ronaldo? Martial is stealing a living. This surly sulker is the testament to all thats wrong with United. Why are we still paying this lazy incompetent clown?

red.knight

I think he is lucky his career will be ending up on high this way... although he is playing in an easy league outside Europe with big pay cheque, somehow he also ends up getting all the attention with many other high profile world class players competing in the same league, and he is scoring goals for fun.
I don’t think his career is ending anytime soon. Hes goona score many more goals NOT only for his club and but country as well. He is exceptional, keeps writing history at 38.

RVN1991

That’s ill thought out and factually incorrect.
No one cares about him scoring in some third rate league, he was a joke his last half season in the PL and followed it up by causing nothing but pity and comic relief at how useless he looked at the world cup. Can't believe there are still people that label themselves United supporters following this clowns career in that geriatric league.

tomaldinho1

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

Waaaaait how have I not seen you before? This is supreme trolling or an asylum escapee

Joel Miller

No one cares about him scoring in some third rate league, he was a joke his last half season in the PL and followed it up by causing nothing but pity and comic relief at how useless he looked at the world cup. Can't believe there are still people that label themselves United supporters following this clowns career in that geriatric league.
His particular fanbase are insufferable and just the weirdest cult I think I’ve ever seen online. The amount of time they dedicate to this is extraordinary.

heraklion

14 games
15 goals
5 assists

United with Ronaldo:
PL 6th, lowest point in United's PL history
FA Cup, loss to Middlesbrough from 2nd division with Ronaldo missing a penalty at Old Trafford
Loss to Atletico having its worst season at La Liga under Simeone at that time

United without Ronaldo
PL 3rd
FA Cup final
Caraboa Cup win
Eliminating Barca, La Liga champions

Happy now?

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I don’t think his career is ending anytime soon. Hes goona score many more goals NOT only for his club and but country as well. He is exceptional, keeps writing history at 38.
Well I think he will retire at club level when he reaches 40 by the end of his current contract, as that's consistent to what he has always been saying (playing until 40), so thats 2 more years to go.

As for international, most likely he will retire in Euro 2024 when he is 39. Really can't see him playing beyond that to another WC campaign at 41.

But of course if by then Messi hasn't retired and still threatening his records, I wouldn't be surprise he might just extend his stay on yearly basis.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
After this season, only 767, mind you - not counting Ronaldo’s future goals of course
When means Martial need to turn into Pele kind of goalscoring form for next 18 years to catch that up.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Its true but Ronaldo is competing/playing with the likes of Benzema, Neymar, Mahrez, Mane, Mitrovic, Firmino, Savic, Neves, Maximin, Kane, Fabinho, Laporte, Brozovic, Henderson etc week in week out in dog shit league though, so least to say there must be some entertainment value to it in terms of watching some of the other world's best/top players in action.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Its true but Ronaldo is competing/playing with the likes of Benzema, Neymar, Mahrez, Mane, Mitrovic, Firmino, Savic, Neves, Maximin, Kane, Fabinho, Laporte, Brozovic, Henderson etc week in week out in dog shit league though, so least to say there must be some entertainment value to it in terms of watching some of the other world's best/top players in action.
Which Kane is this?

NewDawnFades

Last time he played at a high level he was awful.

He clearly didn’t want to be here or have any respect for the manager.

We don’t need another player who has admitted to rape on record, frankly. Jesus.

Real Name

Is there some Ronaldo forum you would like to participate in?

KeanoMagicHat

What was the footballing reason Ten hag prefer to keep Martial over Ronaldo? Martial is stealing a living. This surly sulker is the testament to all thats wrong with United. Why are we still paying this lazy incompetent clown?
Yet he still worked much harder off the ball and held the ball up better than your king of professionalism while he was here.

SER19

You're asking a question that never existed. There was no 'choice' between martial or ronaldo. You act as if ten hag was propositioned with selling one or the other, and had to keep one or the other. Realistically both need to leave the club, and Ronaldo was underperforming, not happy to play from the bench and completely ill suited to how we want to play. A world class, all time player, sadly past his best- it's just undeniable. Some of his final performances here were genuinely hard to watch. Martial is injury prone, unreliable and also will almost certainly be shown the door- but on his huge contract and injury record, like many of our players, we have struggled to off load. Ten Hag didn't 'choose' one over the other. Overhauling a squad takes time and competent people in the roles of buying and selling.