Cristiano Ronaldo (I stay)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sepulturite

Send him.

No sense in him sticking around. It’s obviously the best for both parties that he moves on.

Edit: Also, Murtaugh should be docked a month’s pay for allowing it to come to this.
How the feck is this Murtough's fault?! :rolleyes:

James35

Only one thing will happen, Ronaldo will eventually go this summer but the club will drag it out/posture for as long as possible and in doing so further disrupt ETH pre season planning.

Imagine following a complete disaster of a season, on and off the pitch with a, polish it anyway you like, shocker of a window (thus far).

How lucky we all are though, that it’s less than 5 weeks until our minds can be distracted from the transfer window and instead be fully focussed on another season of mediocrity.

I love Ronaldo but I’m not happy in his decision at all, although it was coming. The timing seems very off but I don’t believe for a second the club has only just found out about this. If on top of this we fail in FDJ, and even Eriksen transfers, all I can see is some inevitable panic buying shite to save face.

the_cliff

Tuchel wouldn't want Ronaldo, in fact if you thought Ralf-Ronaldo was dramatic wait till you see the fireworks when it comes to Tuchel.

It's quite confusing this from Ronaldo. I don't see any serious team wanting him and despite what the majority of people here seem to think he's nowhere near good enough for a top UCL challenging team. Only thing I see happening is him wanting to go to Napoli or Sporting but he'd have to take a drastic pay cut.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
If Ronaldo was the typical sort of footballer who realized that at the age of 38 he can’t and shouldn’t start every single PL match no matter what I think Tuchel may fancy him as an option in the squad. But you’re essentially forced to start him at this point or it becomes this huge controversy.

That and the fact that we like to press high are the two main reason I just can’t imagine him here. Way too much drama.

Still say he goes to Bayern if they actually fancy him.

tidraKS

To all the people saying he loves the club and did everything for us blla blla, today's another example that all he cares is himself.

No one is forcing him to stay, but he could be respectful and return to the training today, as a normal player and not a primadona, because he's causing the club more issues like this.

I'd be so happy if he was released today from the club. Such a cnut.

Last edited:

Someone

Something
He should've made it clear earlier in the summer that he wants to leave, but he knew his options were limited and waited to find an offer first then brief the press.

All in all it's a cnutish move briefing the press about it instead of handling it internally with the club. A not he can't be bothered to even to return to training? He's a massive twat.

davidmichael

I said last summer when it looked like City were interested in Ronaldo that Ronaldo never loved United and his love was for Sir Alex, the reality is Ronaldo is and always has been all about himself and at 37 that isn’t going to change.

We shouldn’t have brought him back in the first place as it was a short term fix for a long term problem and simply a nostalgia thing that the club saw benefit in commercially yet hindered us on the pitch as it made Fernandes, Sancho, Rashford and Greenwood change how they were playing to cater to Ronaldo.

There are plenty of younger strikers out there like Nkunku, Isak, Kalajdzic, Vlahovic, Osimhen and David that would fit better and are at a stage in their career where they want to kick on to the next level to prove themselves world class and hungry to win rather than go through the motions to appease their ego.

All that has happened is Ronaldo has exposed himself for the self important narcissist that he is and ruined his legacy with United, the second he goes the fans will see him for what he is. Let him go to Chelsea or whoever wants him for the fee we got him for and save ourselves £500K a week and let ETH invest it in players that fit his system and that want to be at the club.

It’s time we stopped living in the past like Liverpool in the 90’s and 2000’s and banging on about how things were and moved forward with ETH and a hungry group of players so the club can try and become a force again, it certainly won’t happen with the constant circus of ‘superstars’ we keep going with who believe they’re bigger than the club.

Strelok

That’s a little bit weird I must say
You should probably focus your energy on something else, this sounds a little obsessive
Wow I just had an OLE sack watch thread flashback here :lol:
Must admit I consider him leaving to be the best news in this window. Can't stand watching this 37 or 38 yo Ronaldo playing for us. Can't stand the circus and all the drama this narcissist twat brought here.

And I'm really really looking forward to ETH's football which I strongly believe impossible to be implemented with him. Tbh I don't care about Ronaldo. Check my posting history and you'd see I didn't give a feck about that twat prior to his comeback. So yeah, I'm obsessed, not about him but him leaving. Just feck off asap so ETH can build a new young team and play his football.

sepulturite

If Ronaldo was the typical sort of footballer who realized that at the age of 38 he can’t and shouldn’t start every single PL match no matter what I think Tuchel may fancy him as an option in the squad. But you’re essentially forced to start him at this point or it becomes this huge controversy.

That and the fact that we like to press high are the two main reason I just can’t imagine him here. Way too much drama.

Yeh this is spot on. I'd have no problem, and I'm sure EtH wouldn't either, with him staying if he was happy to be a rotation option at CF, but we all know that's not a realistic option in Ronaldos head.

Yeh I agree about Bayern too, I think he'll end up there. Stop gap for them until next summer maybe until they can pouch another player from another bundisliga team :wenger:

ForeverRed1

Yeah I think "love" might be a strong word for how he views us but I don't doubt there's an affinity there but it's just nowhere near valuing himself and what he wants and to be honest I don't really have an issue with that. We'd all love to have players who want to live and die for the shirt but that's just not reality any more for any big club. Plus it's not like we always act perfectly by the players, like it or not to most the players bar exceptions football is a job.

I don't blame him either to be honest as whilst there's still time to go we seem to have been slow of the mark again with transfers not to mention the whole RR experiment seems to have been a waste of time, not only is he not doing his consultancy role but it also seems like ETH wants to make his own assessment of the players which whilst I can understand for the ones who might stay doesn't make sense to me as it likely means more time in transition.

I suppose what we don't know is what's been discussed behind closed doors. Did Ronaldo say he would stay if our activity meant he felt like whilst no CL we could at least challenge for cups/league but based on what he's seen he doesn't feel change is happening soon enough for that or has he blindsided us which would be a d*ck move.
i think when Ronaldo came last season he looked at our squad, he looked at varane and sancho signings.. and thought we would be competitive. We all did. On paper at the beginning of last season we looked very very good, coming second the previous year aswell backed that up.

fast foward a year and the season was a absolute disaster. Was he part of the reason for that? We won’t know what we would of finished without him. Would others of scored more? Would Bruno of had a better season? It’s probably not a coincidence that it was his worst season but again it isnt something we can measure.

one thing we cannot do is keep Ronaldo against his will. He will stink the place up, make life very difficult for everyone around him. A unhappy Ronaldo just isn’t worth it. If he wants to go they need to show a ruthlessness that the likes of Klopp and pepp both would. There’s isn’t a more difficult player to deal with if they are unhappy.

if he wants out, let him go. Act fast and move on.

DavelinaJolie

Basically sums up what I think. I know a bunch of Ronaldo fans want to dress this up as him trying to push the club to sign people, but that's not his job or place. Don't care what his status was in the game, we've got a new manager and he doesn't need this during his first few months.

It's fecking ridiculous.

Theo88

I know he’s on massive salaries and people argue that by him going we free up money to be used better.

He’s on something like £380k per week i think - 20m a year ? If he goes we will need at least 60-80m to replace him on a transfer fee and 8-14m on salaries.

I think we need to recognise, financially at least that at this point of time it might be harder to spend on a mediocre striker rather than keeping Ronaldo.

Unless someone is willing to cough up 40-50m for him which i doubt.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Broja. Even if he hasn't developed into a top goalscorer (yet).
This is a sentence I never thought I'd be saying, and it feels weird typing it out but no I would not swap Broja for Cristiano Ronaldo, even if it was a straight swap with no fees involved.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I know he’s on massive salaries and people argue that by him going we free up money to be used better.

He’s on something like £380k per week i think - 20m a year ? If he goes we will need at least 60-80m to replace him on a transfer fee and 8-14m on salaries.

I think we need to recognise, financially at least that at this point of time it might be harder to spend on a mediocre striker rather than keeping Ronaldo.

He doesn't fit an ETH system. Like last season the team needs to be setup to fit his skillset at the cost of everything else including predictability and disharmony within the team

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He should handle an official transfer request and United should accept it and kick him out

Woziak

Ronaldo dud say if a suitable offer comes in, which is his only mistake because based on a CFW scoring 15-20 PL goals and 22-30 goals in all competitions with effectively 2 years left on their contract we should be asking for £60/70M let’s face it he’s twice the player Ricarlson or Lukaku is and this is us being generous, So Christiano should a club offer us £60/70M fee we would be happy to see you go! When you get his 500k per week off the wage bill you could easily add £80M to the transfer budget.

devilish

An unhappy Ronaldo will stink the whole place. Pogba and Lingard's unhappiness would be nothing compared to the drama Ronaldo will cause. We should let him go and the Glazers should allow United to spend big for once

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Surely this now kills the idea in supporters minds that he loves the club? Why leave it this late? Why not demand a transfer the day the season ended? cnutish behaviour.

The-Natural

There are far more long term positives to Ronaldo leaving than there are short term ones for him staying. Foresight is sadly just something that does not exist at United.

Theo88

He doesn't fit an ETH system. Like last season the team needs to be setup to fit his skillset at the cost of everything else including predictability and disharmony within the team

I dont know what the ETH system stands for. We haven’t seen it. If we are assuming we’re going with a high press line then perhaps he’s too old for that - defo not a pressing forward at this stage. Still we keep repeating this as if we have seen this system in action and CR cant play through it. We all assume based on what ETH presented in previous years - players like Tadic were revived under the dutchman how do we know Ronaldo wont fit.

Anyway I’m only arguing about the financial aspect of this not the tactics.

Godfather

There are far more long term positives to Ronaldo leaving than there are short term ones for him staying. Foresight is sadly just something that does not exist at United.
Don't think I get that logic. There's no "long term" with Ronaldo anyway so all he'd do is help us short term as now we are in urgent need to get a replacement in as soon as possible, whereas we could have made a decision on that next season would he stay for another one.

RuudTom83

Probably the last circus player at the club...Maguire and Rashford can make headlines but its more due to bad form or lack of talent.

Ronaldo sulking is not going to help anyone...pack his bags asap, ending his contract now would save some cash, no point paying him all summer to do nothing.

devilish

Surely this now kills the idea in supporters minds that he loves the club? Why leave it this late? Why not demand a transfer the day the season ended? cnutish behaviour.
I wonder how many legends on players with United DNA must let fans down before we notice that 99% of these people are normal blokes who only care about no 1? We should stop being sentimental and we should put the club first.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Did those reports resurface now or were there in January or somewhere in that time?
I didn't see anything back then. I don't think it makes the club look good if they are the ones now briefing that. Maybe it is coming from Rangnick or associates.

El Jefe

There's a lot of hate for our players and rightly so but I've always maintained that Ronaldo was the actual toxic presence in the dressing room. Other players have been labelled with this but no one is more fitting of this than Ronaldo.

The fact that the team is secondary to his personal accolades makes him a toxic presence by default. The tantrums and going AWOL are just things we could see, who knows what else happened behind closed doors.

I cant imagine how this place would be if Martial, Pogba or Maguire did Ronaldo these things.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
The sooner he’s gone the better. He’ll always be a legend for his first stint, and has some great moments in the last season, but ultimately, too old, too immobile and too big of an ego. Also the wages saved will mean we’ll save a lot and that can go to funding a new player.

Mainoldo

I’m so glad he’s going. He’s such a virus to sides as he gets older. I’m confused to why people don’t see it.

Never wanted him back but will admit I got caught up in not wanting to see him at City so was happy he came back. I’m human :lol:

Honestly though him leaving his the best piece of Business for ETH. He has to be the biggest leader of this group. CR7’s ego makes it hard.

Go to Bayern and watch Naglesmann’s authority fall.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Gone from ultimate professional to professional circus act in 24 hours, but we all know the main reason is because Jorge Mendes is just as much of a shit bag as Raiola ever was.

To put that briefing out in such close proximity to United heading off on pre-season is an absolute dick move and completely undermines Ten Hag.

I maintain my belief that Ten Hag probably doesn't fancy the Ronaldo problem anyway, but knows this year he's probably the best option he's going to get due to Martial and Rashford not being hungry/good enough to lead the line, and the market for strikers completely impossible to exploit without trousers being pulled down.

Had we been able to sign De Jong, Antony and some kind of established striker with a track record of 20 goals a season it wouldn't be an issue at all, but all 3 variables seem unlikely as of right now. The only thing that will happen is United cave and sell Ronaldo for a pittance in August and brief the press about how we're saving half a million a week in wages.

Shark

@NotShark
In fairness the window has been a total disaster. Along with no CL next season and it's a combination of fair reasons Ronaldo would want out. We're run unimaginably bad.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Its human nature -- its like middle-age guys at a certain stage should not be wearing pony-tails or tight tee shirts or speedos and yet they think they still look good in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.