Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Because that's your opinion and not an actual fact. 8-4 in leagues, 4-3 in League cups, 4-3 in UCL while still being 2 years younger, Leo has almost every record bar the UCL one that Ronaldo took from him and has a better goal per game ratio. Portugal wins a EC and that automatically turns it around for Ronaldo despite the fact that Messi has managed to play 3 international finals and won a Olympic gold medal? Suit yourself but that's not objective and I won't abide to that, just came to express an opinion

And of course, you can say that's because Messi has played in a great team (Like Utd or Real were pushovers when Ronaldo played there) but even with that, Messi has won a good part of his titles playing against Ronaldo, that can't be so easily said about international competitions.

And I won't say he doesn't deserve his titles this year as if it wasn't for him Madrid would likely fall against Wolfsburg and he played an important part this Euro, even not at his best 60 good minutes from him spared around 7 games did enough to put Portugal in the finals, I just want to defend an honest and fair "fight" against Ronaldo and Messi
Messi did as much in that first CL win as David May in 1999

Pagh Wraith

I like him and usually defend him but his behaviour after the final whistle yesterday was really borderline. No wonder so many boo him all the time.

dasty

The amount of bullshit coming from the haters and "new members" really makes this thread a cesspit filled with bitter tears eh?

The guy finally won something for Portugal, a country that had never won a major tournament before. He cheered his team on even after being injured, and yet this thread is filled with idiots saying because he is shit he had a shit tournament he did not even play he is useless etc.

Pagh Wraith

The amount of bullshit coming from the haters and "new members" really makes this thread a cesspit filled with bitter tears eh?

The guy finally won something for Portugal, a country that had never won a major tournament before. He cheered his team on even after being injured, and yet this thread is filled with idiots saying because he is shit he had a shit tournament he did not even play he is useless etc.
He is the greatest and I supported Portugal yesterday but it was really cringeworthy to watch making it all about himself barely ackknowledging his teammates or letting them carry the trophy for more than 5 seconds.

reelworld

Happy for Ronaldo and Nani.
Can't say I watch all Portugal matches, but the ones that I did watch, even though Ronaldo weren't playing well, his sole presence on the pitch was enough to occupy defenders, and making space for others.
France missed a trick of not taking more risk when he went out

Treble

Happy for Ronaldo and Nani.
Can't say I watch all Portugal matches, but the ones that I did watch, even though Ronaldo weren't playing well, his sole presence on the pitch was enough to occupy defenders, and making space for others.
France missed a trick of not taking more risk when he went out
Indeed.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
You can see from Ronaldo's reaction how genuinely he loves SAF
Also shows how much sir alex loves him. He waited only for ronaldo. Nani was like okay you are my kid's best friend so ill give you a hug, but he waited for ronaldo like a dad who waits for his kid when he is done something great. So proud he looked. Damn there is too much dust in my eyes now :(

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
I do find it laughable that a nation, that still holds Gazza's tears in Turin as the epitome of passion, hates and mocks Ronaldo crying on the pitch to the extent it does. Especially now, weeks after whinging that their national team don't care enough.
Spot on.

Pepe has been Portugal's best player for me, actually.
He was immense throughout when he played tbf.

The 'wums will be thread banned' thing needs to be enforced.
Haters will hate. It's what they do.

Swoon. :drool:

:D

Heardy

Fergie waiting there to congratulate his boys Nani and Ronaldo like an overexcited fan :lol:

Is there another ex player (disregarding class of 92) that Sir Alex holds in such high regard?

I always got the impression that in SAF's eyes, that once you left United, you were done, history in his eyes. But there seems to be an unequivocal respect between SAF and Ronaldo, and a bond that surpasses Fergie's relationship with 99% of ex-players.

It's great to see.

Hellboy

Fergie waiting there to congratulate his boys Nani and Ronaldo like an overexcited fan :lol:

Sir Alex Ferguson waiting patiently for Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the game like a father awaits his son out of school, with eyes full of love and paternal pride ...

Too much love.

baanke laal

banned
He is the greatest and I supported Portugal yesterday but it was really cringeworthy to watch making it all about himself barely ackknowledging his teammates or letting them carry the trophy for more than 5 seconds.
Except he never made it all about himself, he was cheering for his teammates from the bench and was being overexcited. Not his fault cameras followed his every movement, blame the broadcasters.

Had he sat their alone without moving an inch, people would be saying the narcissist twat was not happy that Portugal won because he could not play the part. Guess he can not win with these people. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

How can any United fan dislike Ronnie, it's beyond me. Just look at Fergie and his affection to him after those years.

Treble

How can any United fan dislike Ronnie, it's beyond me. Just look at Fergie and his affection to him after those years.
I wonder the same thing. I get the impression sometimes that some United fans hate Ronaldo even more than Liverpool or City fans :wenger:

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I wonder the same thing. I get the impression sometimes that some United fans hate Ronaldo even more than Liverpool or City fans :wenger:
I don't think people hate him. It's just how he left that pisses people off.

Black Adder

Rarer than an eclipse.
He left United, considers Real as his home, sure he sends us hugs and kisses from Madrid but that doesn't change the fact he once though as being slave in club which gave him platform to achieve everything he did.

He did great things with United (hat off for that) but gave his best years to Real, feck him!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yeh. With other fans (Barcelona, Liverpool, EPL clubs), you kinda understand. Ours though..

But I always remember the OT reception when Madrid played United, and Ronaldo's name announced. It's obvious many United fans still love him. So it's all good.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He left United, considers Real as his home, sure he sends us hugs and kisses from Madrid but that doesn't change the fact he once though as being slave in club which gave him platform to achieve everything he did.

He did great things with United (hat off for that) but gave his best years to Real, feck him!
I don't hate the the guy i'm thankful what he has done for the club, but i like and respect other ex players a lot more. I think you summed it up well with the way he left, he had one world class season with us then wanted out, Fergie literally had to beg him to stay one more year. Truth is he never really wanted to be at United, his heart was set on Madrid, which is fair enough that's his prerogative and that's why he's not a United legend for me.

After he left i couldn't care less if his career nose dived, it actually would have been better for us if it did as he went to a European rival. He's just a another ex player in my eyes. But not to the same level as Rio, Vidic, Evra, Keane, Scholes etc. for the reasons above.

Loublaze

ATLien
I dislike the ****. I look back to his United days with fondness but thats where it stops. He's a Real Madrid legend, good for him! Nothing wrong with United fans still having a lot of affection for him but its cringeworthy to me when they expect others to feel the same about him by default, even more cringeworthy with the idea that he's still 'one of ours' or that OT is still his 'home'.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Even Fergie, the one that nurtured, worked, and much closer to him profesionally than any of us here would, is still in love with him. And so are all his former teammates. Do you think it would happened if Ronaldo left them on bad term? Maybe you should re-consider about your view on the way he left.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I dislike the ****. I look back to his United days with fondness but thats where it stops. He's a Real Madrid legend, good for him! Nothing wrong with United fans still having a lot of affection for him but its cringeworthy to me when they expect others to feel the same about him by default, even more cringeworthy with the idea that he's still 'one of ours' or that OT is still his 'home'.
Us and Fergie.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Did Ronaldo get the silver poor because of his assists ? As he is tied on goals scored with other players?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Even Fergie, the one that nurtured, worked, and much closer to him profesionally than any of us here would, is still in love with him. And so are all his former teammates. Do you think it would happened if Ronaldo left them on bad term? Maybe you should re-consider about your view on the way he left.
The same Fergie who treated Keano like sh!t? Fergie had has favorites, doesn't mean the fans have to share those feelings.

Morpheus 7

He is the ultimate winner, people say big players don't care about international football,not with Ronnie. Really happy for him, you could see how devastated he was when he got injured. Ronaldo never gives up and he can inspire others, on or off the pitch. You could see how much he wanted that, he could not have done much more. Viva Ronaldo!

Treble

Did Ronaldo get the silver poor because of his assists ? As he is tied on goals scored with other players?
UEFA EURO 2016 adidas Golden Boot: Antoine Griezmann, France: 6 goals (2 assists, 555 minutes)
UEFA EURO 2016 adidas Silver Boot: Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal: 3 goals (3 assists, 625 minutes)
UEFA EURO 2016 adidas Bronze Boot: Olivier Giroud, France: 3 goals (2 assists, 456 minutes)

FreeHerrera

I feel Portugal were better as a team without him. Ronaldo very often is a ball hog and expects to be serviced a lot. There is no such demand from the other players, and when he was gone Portugal's play turned less predictable, and they also played more as a well functioning team rather than 10 players trying to meet the needs of one guy.

Sereques

Once he retires, whoever we have as manager should bring him to Man United as assistant manager.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I don't consider OT his home and I find some ppl too obsessed with him (in both directions, extremely fanboish or extremely childish dislike) a bit cringe, but nothing wrong about being happy for a former United great and nothing wrong about the OT crowd admiring him.
OT is a lot about the attacking style Ronaldo delivered and ppl remember it that they had it for 6 years on top of the success he contributed to.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I feel Portugal were better as a team without him. Ronaldo very often is a ball hog and expects to be serviced a lot. There is no such demand from the other players, and when he was gone Portugal's play turned less predictable, and they also played more as a well functioning team rather than 10 players trying to meet the needs of one guy.
Whilst this is true. Ask yourself this..

Would Portugal have won this tournament without Ronaldo in the squad from day 1. No way in my opinion, his desire to win rubs off on the squad and makes them feel like a big team even though his actual effect on the pitch isn't what it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.