Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I may agree with you on he is not best at everything except scoring goals. But Cristiano's goal scoring level is not at elite but maximum level that no one ever reached before. This is how he scored 5 goals against great Bayern Munich side and how he is being your main man for last many years.
Overall, yes. This season he's been scoring "merely" at an elite level, but he seems to be hitting form now, which is good. The one thing he can be criticized for in his madrid career is the way he paced himself over the season from 2013/14 to 2015/16. Red hot from September to April, exhausted, injured and banged up in May. Making sure we got him fully fit in April/May has been one of Zidane's goals at the start of the season. We don't him to score 5 against espanyol. We do needed him to be our best player against bayern, and we'll definitely need him at his best for the final stretch of the season.

Camara

Supports
FC Porto
Unless you're focusing on CL alone, he doesn't.

2016/17 (club level)

Cristiano
38 apps, 31 goals, 11 assists in all comps
- La Liga: 24-19-6
- Copa: 2-1-0
- UCL: 10-7-5
- CWC: 2-4-0

Messi
45 apps, 45 goals, 14 assists in all comps
- La Liga: 28-29-8
- Copa: 6-4-2
- UCL: 9-11-2
- SSC: 2-1-2

At Champs Lge level generally Cristiano does have more assists than Messi and a slightly better average as well -- although he does not hold the all-time record as I've often seen people stating this season; he's some way off Giggs still.
Messi has 25 in 115 games : 0.22 apg.
Cristiano has 34 in 140 games : 0.24 apg.
BTW just for curiosity and completeness' sake I took the time to add the national team statistics too (for the calendar 2016/2017 year):

Cristiano
43 apps, 41 goals, 11 assists in all comps
- La Liga: 24-19-6
- Copa: 2-1-0
- UCL: 10-7-5
- CWC: 2-4-0
- WC 2018 Qual: 4-9-0
- NT Friendly: 1-1-0

Messi
49 apps, 48 goals, 15 assists in all comps
- La Liga: 28-29-8
- Copa: 6-4-2
- UCL: 9-11-2
- SSC: 2-1-2
- WC 2018 Qual: 4-3-1

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Dunno what's funny, maybe he's different for Portugal?
What's funny? It's the bs that an "italian Real Madrid fan" can spout. It's only your opinion though. I prefer to watch him score goals, break records, win competitions for both his clubs/country.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What's funny? It's the bs that an "italian Real Madrid fan" can spout. It's only your opinion though. I prefer to watch him score goals, break records, win competitions for both his clubs/country.
It's not only my opinion though, it's the opinion of pretty much every real madrid fan who gets to watch him every week

agree with the bolded parts

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's not only my opinion though, it's the opinion of pretty much every real madrid fan who gets to watch him every week

agree with the bolded parts
:lol: You don't speak for every Real Madrid fan. I doubt any of them would even consider you one of their own. You just need to go to their forum to dispel that bs notion Bob Loblaw. You can bold the rest of what i wrote as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: You don't speak for every Real Madrid fan.
Of course not. But mine's a widely held opinion, mostly because it's factual.
I doubt any of them would even consider you one of their own.
Why the heck not?
You just need to go to their forum to dispel that bs notion Bob Loblaw.
I do go to a few madrid forums. Mostly in Spanish. Which bs notion would that be that you're referring to btw?
You can bold the rest of what i wrote as well.
Nah, I only really care about Real Madrid. I like Cristiano because of everything he's done and does for us, and I cheer him when he plays for Portugal, and I'm happy if he breaks records, but ultimately, I only care about what he does to help us win titles

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Of course not. But mine's a widely held opinion, mostly because it's factual.
There's nothing factual about your opinion. Your opinion is as valid as mine, @Vato or @carvajal. The only thing that is factual is his goal/assists numbers, that Ronaldo is part of the list of the best players who have played this game, has various goal scoring records for the club you supposedly "support" and my country, the leagues he has won at England/Spain, the CL's and European Cup he has won for Portugal, the facted that he was named 4 times WPOTY and is widely revered by huge numbers of football supporters. All of what i wrote is factual. What you wrote is your biased opinion, nothing more and nothing less Madridista Johno White.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid fans are so spoilt, no wonder some of the fans whistle him in the stadium. The man has just scored 5 goals in a Cl quarterfinal and people are busy talking about his regression
I love the guy, don't understand the whistles at all but it is very much an ingrained Spanish cultural thing.

I just want him to stay forever, he has come up and saved us in so many big games it's unfathomable. Hope we win the UCL again this year as it would really put him in the category of the truly best ever.

It is so hard to find someone who has the physical ability he does and the work ethic and mentality to back it up. Unfortunately a lot of Madrid fans only started supporting us when Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz were signed they don't remember the years struggling in Europe beforehand or even better yet the 32 years we had to wait to win the UCL in 1998. Never take these moments for granted because another team will rise up and your turn at the top will be over and you'll have years waiting again.

The great Alfredo di Stefano set up our club (and European football as a whole) to be a true great for decades to come. Ronaldo is carrying that legacy on, they will both go down as 1 and 2 in our club. Personally it will be a sad day when he leaves us and it will only be then that some people realise how truly blessed we were.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The only thing that is factual is his goal/assists numbers, that Ronaldo is part of the list of the best players who have played this game, has various goal scoring records for the club you supposedly "support" and my country, the leagues he has won at England/Spain, the CL's and European Cup he has won for Portugal, the facted that he was named 4 times WPOTY and is widely revered by huge numbers of football supporters.
And where, pray tell, i said anything that contradicts that, exactly?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I love the guy, don't understand the whistles at all but it is very much an ingrained Spanish cultural thing.

I just want him to stay forever, he has come up and saved us in so many big games it's unfathomable. Hope we win the UCL again this year as it would really put him in the category of the truly best ever.

It is so hard to find someone who has the physical ability he does and the work ethic and mentality to back it up. Unfortunately a lot of Madrid fans only started supporting us when Kaka, Ronaldo and Benz were signed they don't remember the years struggling in Europe beforehand or even better yet the 32 years we had to wait to win the UCL in 1998. Never take these moments for granted because another team will rise up and your turn at the top will be over and you'll have years waiting again.

The great Alfredo di Stefano set up our club (and European football as a whole) to be a true great for decades to come. Ronaldo is carrying that legacy on, they will both go down as 1 and 2 in our club. Personally it will be a sad day when he leaves us and it will only be then that some people realise how truly blessed we were.
great post

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
And where, pray tell, i said anything that contradicts that, exactly?
I want my team to always be the best. And i don't think i'm harsh at all, just realistic. I watch every game and he's frustrating 90% of the time. But the other 10% he wins us games, so right now it's fine.

He's still one of the 10 best players in the world and he's still capable of performing at a higher level than any other player in the world except Messi, Neymar and Suarez, and he's still one of the three best big game players in the world
Tell me what's factual about this? It's your bs opinion that no real Madridista would have. Messi can be arguable, the rest i can only laugh really.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax

I would maybe put Raul ahead of Ronaldo as a bigger Real Madrid legend but Ronaldo is at worst number 3 now terms of the hierarchy. Raul was a symbol for Madrid.

As for the whistling, Real Madrid fans see football as a spectacle and a theatre outing. They have whistled every great player, Ronaldo won't isn't the first and he won't be the last. It's a different mentality there. They have very high standards and that contributes to the success a bit.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Tell me what's factual about this? It's your bs opinion that no real Madridista would have. Messi can be arguable, the rest i can only laugh really.
Yes because your own opinion on the definition of a 'Real Madridista' is fact when I know for a fact actual paying members that have been going to the Santiago Bernabeu for over 30+ years hold the same opinion. But I guess they don't conform to your idea of a Madridista.

Last edited:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes because you're definition of a Real Madridista is fact when I know for a fact actual paying members that have been going or the Santiago Bernabeu for over 30+ years hold the same opinion. But I guess they don't conform to your idea of a Madridista.
I'm not a Real Madridista, i never claimed i was. I'm a Sporting season ticket owner and Portugal citizen which explains my fondness of Ronaldo. I also know plenty of Madridistas, been there multiple times by invitation with spanish friends and just recently last year to watch Sporting in our european away for the CL. And their opinion is the opposite of yours and of Giorno. I don't claim they speak for the majority. But that was not my point. My point was pretty clear. He can't speak for vast majority of Real Madrid fans like he claimed. Same with your so called fan. He's an individual with an opinion in the sea of millions of Madrid fans. I suggest you learn how to interpret a post next time you try to act like a big shot.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes because your own opinion on the definition of a 'Real Madridista' is fact when I know for a fact actual paying members that have been going to the Santiago Bernabeu for over 30+ years hold the same opinion. But I guess they don't conform to your idea of a Madridista.
:lol: So the Cruijffian of the forum now is inside the mind of Madridistas.

Hilarious.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
I'm not a Real Madridista, i never claimed i was. I'm a Sporting season ticket owner and Portugal citizen which explains my fondness of Ronaldo. I also know plenty of Madridistas, been there multiple times by invitation with spanish friends and just recently last year to watch Sporting in our european away for the CL. And their opinion is the opposite of yours and of Giorno. I don't claim they speak for the majority. But that was not my point. My point was pretty clear. He can't speak for vast majority of Real Madrid fans like he claimed. Same with your so called fan. He's an individual with an opinion in the sea of millions of Madrid fans. I suggest you learn how to interpret a post next time you try to act like a big shot.
You said his post was BS and that no real Madridista would hold that opinion. You're exact words.

I have friends who have been paying members for over 30+ years so by your definition they are not Real Madridistas.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol: So the Cruijffian of the forum now is inside the mind of Madridistas.

Hilarious.
I don't understand the bitterness, it's actually sad. I'm not bitter against Messi or Neymar. I enjoy watching them. Rarely go agenda driven post on their threads. Not Suárez though, i dispise him because of the antics, even if i don't really write on his threads.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Ah, ok. I thought we were discussing his overall play. Yeah, that's my opinion, but i don't see what your problem is with that

As for the "real madridista" part, it's pure bs on your part. For one thing, who are you to say that? Do you personally know every madridista in the world and their opinions?

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You said his post was BS and that no real Madridista would hold that opinion. You're exact words.

I have friends who have been paying members for over 30+ years so by your definition they are not Real Madridistas.
Of the circle i know, i don't claim it's ALL the madridistas like Giorno claimed. Again learn how to interpret

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I don't understand the bitterness, it's actually sad. I'm not bitter against Messi or Neymar. I enjoy watching them. Rarely go agenda driven post on their threads. Not Suárez though, i dispise him because of the antics, even if i don't really write on his threads.
Never mind, if he is Dutch we usually take care of them inside the pitch, Lord Cruijff my oh my. :drool:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Ah, ok. I thought we were discussing his overall play. Yeah, that's my opinion, but i don't see what your problem is with that

As for the "real madridista" part, it's pure bs on your part. For one thing, who are you to say that? Do you personally know every madridista in the world and their opinions?
Dude i don't care about your opinion, your agenda is pretty clear. I just had a go when you said your opinion was factual.

No i don't and i never claimed that. I can only speak about a very small percentage of Madridista i know. Do you? All the way from Italy? Because you said your opinion was the same as, let me quote you on this, " it's the opinion of pretty much every real madrid fan who gets to watch him every week".

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Where is the I know?
:lol:

It's pretty implicit on the phrase. I can only speak for the spanish people i know or met on the stadium. As you can only speak for your season ticket friend. It's completely different from what Giorno said "it's the opinion of pretty much every real madrid fan who gets to watch him every week"

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dude i don't care about your opinion, your agenda is pretty clear. I just had a go when you said your opinion was factual.

No i don't and i never claimed that. I can only speak about a very small percentage of Madridista i know. Do you? All the way from Italy? Because you said your opinion was the same as, let me quote you on this, " it's the opinion of pretty much every real madrid fan who gets to watch him every week".
Yeah, I was referring to the discussion about his overall play, the type of player he is right now and what he gives us in that regard.

It's fecking obvious that the rest is just my opinion ffs

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Is it factual as well?
Yes you know, since I watched Cristiano when he was 18 his game is very similar to Inzaghi, and very similar if not worse than RVN, or not. :D

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yes you know, since I watched Cristiano when he was 18 his game is very similar to Inzaghi, and very similar if not worse than RVN, or not. :D
:lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Yeah, of course :rolleyes:

Treble

True. It's highly unusual for a proper Madrid fan to spend so much time on the forum of another club to argue that the greatest player of Madrid's current team isn't actually that great. Ridiculous.

totaalvoetbal

Supports
Ajax
Except we are not talking about Ronaldo with respect to his past iteration. We are talking about the CURRENT iteration of Ronaldo, who is less capable of the spectacular as a soloist.

He relies far more on his team supply now than at any point in his career and his overall play has deteriorated. Bringing up his overall achievements has no bearing on his current state. Baffling statement.

Ironic you quote Inzaghi when Ronaldo's supposedly superlative performance against Bayern were from 2 offside goals.

Culero

True. It's highly unusual for a proper Madrid fan to spend so much time on the forum of another club to argue that the greatest player of Madrid's current team isn't actually that great. Ridiculous.
To be fair to giorno one thing he is not is biased. I have plenty of friends who are lifelong Madrid fans, they all have a love/hate relationship with Ronaldo. They absolutely treasure him don't get me wrong but he has his shortcomings on the overall play of the team and this is an opinion I have also come across giorno's posts. I find Ronaldo to be an enigma myself, on one hand I wouldn't put him for the GOAT debate because his overall play compared to the greats isn't impressive but he is so bloody damn effective you have to give him credit for keeping the debate even open.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Apparently not because he is the voice of pretty much every Real Madrid fan that gets to watch him every week

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Never said he isn't actually that great. Quite the contrary, in fact

Treble

To be fair to giorno one thing he is not is biased. I have plenty of friends who are lifelong Madrid fans, they all have a love/hate relationship with Ronaldo. They absolutely treasure him don't get me wrong but he has his shortcomings on the overall play of the team and this is an opinion I have also come across giorno's posts. I find Ronaldo to be an enigma myself, on one hand I wouldn't put him for the GOAT debate because his overall play compared to the greats isn't impressive but he is so bloody damn effective you have to give him credit for keeping the debate even open.
His shortcomings are greatly exaggerated though. He isn't a Maradona or Cruyff on the ball but he isn't a RVN or an Inzaghi either. Only several weeks ago he had a wonderful performance vs Napoli. And this season he assisted twice as many CL goals as Messi. The notion that he's just a poacher is frankly stupid.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His shortcomings are greatly exaggereated though. He isn't a Maradona or Cruyff but he isn't a RVN or an Inzaghi either. Only several weeksa ago he had a wonderful performance vs Napoli. And this season he assisted twice as many CL goals as Messi. The notion that he's just a poacher is frankly stupid.
For one thing, being a poacher isn't a bad thing. It's not like poachers can't be incredible players. RVN and Inzaghi were incredible players. Cristiano is still better than either of them ever was

I'm not exaggerating his shortcomings, I'm pointing them out in relation to our team, while also pointing out that they don't matter. He's still our best player, he's still one of the very best players in the world, he's still capable of impacting games like only one, maybe 2 other active players can(and one of those two is Messi)

Every once in a while he puts together a complete performance, and over the last couple months he's been noticeably better in that regard, but his contribution to the team's play in the first 80 meters of the pitch are about average for a real madrid forward, he's just not particularly good at that anymore. And it still doesn't matter because he's still one of the 3 greatest players ever in the last 20 meters, keeps scoring like a fecking machine, and in the biggest two games of our season, against our toughest opponent, he scored 5 goals. So long as he keeps doing that, he could turn into Bendtner in every other aspects of his game and it wouldn't matter

Gonçalo Motta

At this point Ronaldo being one of the GOAT is not even debatable. If he is top 3, top 5 or top 10, that is debatable.

Fact is that his overall gaming declined the past 2 years, but that doesnt erase the monster player he was for almost 1 decade and for me one of the most complete attacking players to ever play the game.

I guess people have short memory but I still remember all the team throphies he pretty much carried on his back.

RM fans have a short memory but when everyone was mia from the game, there would go Ronaldo to bag another win for them. Never seen such ungrateful fans like the ones Real Madrid has. Really weird

Status
Not open for further replies.