g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Cal go and find me people who say Ronaldo is the best ever. People who matter.
Except Maldini and Baresi, do please explain how Ronaldo is not better than all the other players you listed by quite some margin?

Platini, Matthias, Maldini, baresi, Ronaldo9, garrincha, chartlon and probably a few others but Ronaldo doesn't get close to those in my opinion
It's one of the funniest comments seen here for ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deleted member 101472

Except Maldini and Baresi, do please explain how Ronaldo is not better than all the other players you listed by quite some margin?

It's one of the funniest comments seen here for ages. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ive asked you find me someone who matters declare Ronaldo as the greatest to ever play the game. Until you do, don't reply in the thread

Cal?

CR7 fan
Ive asked you find me someone who matters declare Ronaldo as the greatest to ever play the game. Until you do, don't reply in the thread
There's this rather convenient website called google.com if you're interested in finding things on the internet.

In the mean time I still find your previous comment hilarious. :lol:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

How is Ronaldo better than Charlton by quite some margin?

Cal?

CR7 fan
How is Ronaldo better than Charlton by quite some margin?
How is he not? Obviously it's difficult to compare across different eras, but Charlton never dominated the game to the extent Ronaldo has done in recent years

Deleted member 101472

There's this rather convenient website called google.com if you're interested in finding things on the internet.

In the mean time I still find your previous comment hilarious. :lol:
Wow, every time with cal it's polemic. Maybe it's because you're too good?

Deleted member 101472

@Cal? is that google website reliable as far as search results go? I couldn't find one single authorative footballing figure (players/managers both past and current) who mention him in the greatest of all time breath.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Wow, every time with cal it's polemic. Maybe it's because you're too good?
I can understand why some people are of the opinion that Messi is better, but when you come up with ludicrous comments like 'Ronaldo doesn't get close to the likes of Platini' you deserve to be laughed at. :lol:

Cal?

CR7 fan
@Cal? is that google website reliable as far as search results go? I couldn't find one single authorative footballing figure (players/managers both past and current) who mention him in the greatest of all time breath.
I'm sure you've found plenty of people who have said plenty of things at various different times. I was specifically laughing at your comment that Ronaldo doesn't get close to your list of players. Can you find anyone calling anyone on your list 'best ever'?

Deleted member 101472

I'm sure you've found plenty of people who have said plenty of things at various different times. I was specifically laughing at your comment that Ronaldo doesn't get close to your list of players. Can you find anyone calling anyone on your list 'best ever'?
I don't have to. All I put was my opinion on tiers of players, and I maintain the ones I put there were better football players than Ronaldo. Everyone has here own opinion of what makes a footballer great, yours is scoring goals and yes it's the most important part but I have an appreciation for all aspects of the game, those who do the providing/build up/defensive side of things and then I imagine what that contribution is worth pound for pound and then I have my list.

You have continued to rate Ronaldo as the best player ever, and all I'm asking is for some tangibles via the medium of actual influential people. If more people were calling him the best ever, then I'd be more inclined to agree but as far as I can tell, no one of importance really ever has.

I haven't tried to make out that those in my tier 2 are the best ever, nor would I. But as far as Messi goes, you start to lose count of players/managers past and present who say he's the best ever. Their opinions are far more important than anyone on here.

I have no problem debating this with you, or putting in detail why I believe Sir Bobby to be a better overall footballer than Ronaldo. But today, you resorted to " there is this website called google you know " which is the most childish thing I've seen you do on here. It just backs up my theory that you're continuing along with the cafs most successful WUM attempt.

Deleted member 101472

Go ahead.
It's just an opinion thing, the clips I have watched of charlton I just think he's better at football. The fact he starred in a World Cup winning team and won the golden ball the same year, then a few years later starred in a European cup winning team are as much statistics I need to justify why he was such an incredible player, after that it's preference over what you would rather see on a pitch, and what charlton did as a player is far more impressive overall to me than Ronaldo's godly goal tally.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I don't have to. All I put was my opinion on tiers of players, and I maintain the ones I put there were better football players than Ronaldo. Everyone has here own opinion of what makes a footballer great, yours is scoring goals and yes it's the most important part but I have an appreciation for all aspects of the game, those who do the providing/build up/defensive side of things and then I imagine what that contribution is worth pound for pound and then I have my list.

You have continued to rate Ronaldo as the best player ever, and all I'm asking is for some tangibles via the medium of actual influential people. If more people were calling him the best ever, then I'd be more inclined to agree but as far as I can tell, no one of importance really ever has.

I haven't tried to make out that those in my tier 2 are the best ever, nor would I. But as far as Messi goes, you start to lose count of players/managers past and present who say he's the best ever. Their opinions are far more important than anyone on here.

I have no problem debating this with you, or putting in detail why I believe Sir Bobby to be a better overall footballer than Ronaldo. But today, you resorted to " there is this website called google you know " which is the most childish thing I've seen you do on here. It just backs up my theory that you're continuing along with the cafs most successful WUM attempt.
So you've decided to retract from "doesn't come close" to just "better".

The opinions of managers and players mean very little and everyone knows that, there are plenty of people who will provide soundbites to everyone who will listen. Pele has said Messi is better than Ronaldo one week, Ronaldo better than Messi the next and gone back and forth a few more times. Mourinho called Ronaldo the best ever once upon a time, then changed his tone when they fell out.

Like I said, I understand why some people think Messi is better, but your comment that Ronaldo "doesn't come close" to those you listed only deserve to be laughed at, again and again. :lol:

Somehow you think I'm the WUM?

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
It's just an opinion thing, the clips I have watched of charlton I just think he's better at football. The fact he starred in a World Cup winning team and won the golden ball the same year, then a few years later starred in a European cup winning team are as much statistics I need to justify why he was such an incredible player, after that it's preference over what you would rather see on a pitch, and what charlton did as a player is far more impressive overall to me than Ronaldo's godly goal tally.
Ronaldo starred in a European Championship winning team and won the golden ball the same year. He's also won the CL 3 times and been the best player in all three tournaments.

Charlton is England's best player ever and maybe Man Utd's best ever too. However I don't think he's top 10 in the GOAT list, which is where I'd place Ronaldo.

Deleted member 101472

Ronaldo starred in a European Championship winning team and won the golden ball the same year. He's also won the CL 3 times and been the best player in all three tournaments.

Charlton is England's best player ever and maybe Man Utd's best ever too. However I don't think he's top 10 in the GOAT list, which is where I'd place Ronaldo.
I don't think Ronaldo starred in that team at all. Not to the same performance level charlton had in that World Cup.

Treble

The only United player who comes close to Ronaldo is Best. Best was probably more talented but Ronaldo's had a much better career overall. The oldies on here who actually have watched Best, Charlton and Ronaldo say roughly the same.

Ronaldo won more Ballon d'Ors than all other United players taken together. In a competition with a player who is better than any European player ever and arguably better than anyone else in history. Messi.

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Even that year Charlton was overshadowed by Eusébio. Only won the Balon D'Or by 1 single point off him (81 to 80) and it was due to the World Cup win.

Not even Benfica fans dare to put Eusébio ahead of Cristiano these days and he won them close to half of the trophies in their entire history.

Deleted member 101472

What does clutch mean?
It usually applies to scoring goals later on in a game when things are a bit more nervous, but some apply it when someone does something in a big game

arnie_ni

I know he scored a bagfull against Bayern but this is a better performance. Yea all over the park, scored a goal, could have had another couple.of assists with some very good crosses.

Great performance

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I wonder what will be wrong with this goal now? We dissect everything about Ronaldo nowadays

Deleted member 101472

Loved the way he let the ball come over his head, almost backed off a little to let it drop perfectly

Skills

Snitch
Loved the way he let the ball come over his head, almost backed off a little to let it drop perfectly
In terms of goal scoring he's a fecking genius. His goalscoring instinct is incredible (being in the right position, right time, movement).

Eddy_JukeZ

The greatest goalscorer of all time IMO.

He can finish any type of chance and his movement is sensational.

Deleted member 101472

He's going to end up striking up a great relationship with asensio

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Fifth time he's scored a brace in a Champions League semi-final. Arsenal, Bayern (twice), Juve and now Atletico. That's pretty insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.