Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
The most complete goalscorer in history, at this point I think you could see the gulf between the top teams isn't as big as it used to be. His Striker role now will boost his numbers in his age.

Then again I plead ignorance because I never saw Puskas etc.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This is the first time since 2008/09 I'm thinking that Cristiano can equal Messi's career. Not the talent, not the peak level, but the whole evaluation of his career.
Absolutely ridiculous, 5 goals in the quarters (against Bayern no less), 3 goals in the first semi-final against the best defensive team of the last 5 years...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He is GREAT! Still working hard at his age and after all that he's already achieved.
Ronnie the MAGNIFICENT. Should have got £200M for the great one:D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
The most complete goalscorer in history, at this point I think you could see the gulf between the top teams isn't as big as it used to be. His Striker role now will boost his numbers in his age.

Then again I plead ignorance because I never saw Puskas etc.
If we're talking about completeness, Puskas was nowhere near as good in the air (they had Kocsis for that). So yeah, probably, his only rival is Pele.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Looked like 2012 tonight :drool::drool::drool:

If he's in this shape for the final we're winning the CL again :drool::drool::drool:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
After 2012, Messi had 4 Ballon d'Ors to Ronaldo's one.

After 2017, it's likely that Ronaldo will match him in 5.

That's simply incredible competitive drive.
The single greatest individual achievement in history? It's more impressive than Messi surpassing Pele's absurd annual goal record, for me, and I can't think of anything more impressive prior to that.

Deleted member 101472

Has he lost weight/muscle? Face looks a bit thinner to me and he seemed as fast as he used to at times.

Very happy the way he celebrated his hattrick too, straight to his teammates and not ALL about him. Good to see that

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Simply unbelievable, 399 goals for Madrid in 389 games. Records he's setting now won't be broken for a very long time.

Also it's uncanny how he settles even slightest of doubts about his achievements. Last season he scored 17 goals in CL but was lambasted by many for stat padding against the minnows. This year he scores only twice in group stages vs minnows but then goes on to score 8 goals in 3 games against Bayern and Atletico!

I would've laughed if anyone told me he's going to match Messis tally for Ballon dOrs after 2012 but there's a real chance he does it next year.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The crazy thing is, I could see him playing for another 5 or 6 years still.

Eddy_JukeZ

The single greatest individual achievement in history? It's more impressive than Messi surpassing Pele's absurd annual goal record, for me, and I can't think of anything more impressive prior to that.
It's Ronaldo's greatest achievement by far and it's not talked about a lot surprisingly.

But yeah very impressive.

Trizy

Laughable how some on here said he wouldn't even make top 10 of greatest of all time players.

He's tied #1 with Messi.

pascell

Not only that, but they had so many cast-offs that summer and we didn't try to get any.

Imagine money + Robben and Sneijder.

We botched that summer BADLY.
Even if we got £80m plus Robben and Sneijder we'd have been robbed, he was easily worth £120m and Real would've still got a bargain. He's simply something else.

Zen

Except it's not singular....Messi won 4 in 5 years too.

This run of CL Knockout performances, if topped off at the end, will obviously match that of Messi's in 2013-14(or was it 2014-15? I forgot), that was stunning, this is stunning. Two different styles at their absolute pinnacles for a consistent run in elite competition.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
This is the first time since 2008/09 I'm thinking that Cristiano can equal Messi's career. Not the talent, not the peak level, but the whole evaluation of his career.
Absolutely ridiculous, 5 goals in the quarters (against Bayern no less), 3 goals in the first semi-final against the best defensive team of the last 5 years...
In terms of their club careers then I can't agree, Ronaldo only has one La Liga title.

Also, there's a certain kind of 'hollowness' to a Champions League triumph if the side that wins it doesn't win their domestic league too as they cannot be called the best team in Europe. The last time Real did that was in the 50s.

Eddy_JukeZ

Even if we got £80m plus Robben and Sneijder we'd have been robbed, he was easily worth £120m and Real would've still got a bargain. He's simply something else.
Of course, but we still made a mess of that summer.

Obviously hindsight 20-20. I doubt any on here thought he'd be THIS good for THIS long.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Has he lost weight/muscle? Face looks a bit thinner to me and he seemed as fast as he used to at times.

Very happy the way he celebrated his hattrick too, straight to his teammates and not ALL about him. Good to see that
Yeah. Balague did a piece on him redistributing weight to his legs in prep for #9 role.

bleedred

In terms of their club careers then I can't agree, Ronaldo only has one La Liga title.

Also, there's a certain kind of 'hollowness' to a Champions League triumph if the side that wins it doesn't win their domestic league too as they cannot be called the best team in Europe. The last time Real did that was in the 50s.
and 3 PL titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.