Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He created a lucky deflection which became a great cross and a fantastic team move and pull back by Vasquez? The second goal was great work undoubtedly.

The kind of crosses that Carvajal and Marcelo and co put in for him to head, he won't be getting any of those at United. None of our players can get a cross that beats the first man and if they somehow manage that, it inevitably meets a defender. Ronaldo and Ramos would struggle to score any goals from corners and crosses in our team.
He turned a deflection into a goal with great instincts, movement and a bullet header for the first. He turned a nothing pass into a goal for the 2nd. He played what was essentially a 1-2 with Vasquez for the 3rd. It's not luck that he was the only free man in the box for the 3rd goal - he made that chance. A cross needs a recipient and it's not like it was a pinpoint ball from a difficult angle. It was a straightforward cutback, because of the position occupied and because of the position Ronaldo played him into.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
For what exactly? We create chances but nowhere close to what Madrid do. He'd not be able to touch the numbers he does at Madrid with Martial and Mkhi alongside him.
He'd score nearly as much for you. Most of his goals are byproducts of what he does in the box, not open goal tap-ins where the team does 99% of the work for him

ManUtd1999

Should Real finish the job next week, it will be the second back-to-back UCL finals for Ronaldo!

wr8_utd

:'(
He'd score nearly as much for you. Most of his goals are byproducts of what he does in the box, not open goal tap-ins where the team does 99% of the work for him
35-50 goals a season with Shaw, Valencia, Mkhi, Rashford and Martial in support instead of Marcelo, Carvajal, Bale, Isco and Benzema? I don't see that happening honestly.

RedRevongge

35-50 goals a season with Shaw, Valencia, Mkhi, Rashford and Martial in support instead of Marcelo, Carvajal, Bale, Isco and Benzema? I don't see that happening honestly.
A 36 year old in his first season in the Premier League has scored 28 in all competitions despite the fact he will miss the rest of the season and many think he has wasted a hell of a lot of chances. Zlatan is an amazing player but Ronaldo is a completely different animal. He would score a bucket load for us

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@wr8_utd Cristiano would score 25 playing for sunderland. I think he'd manage 40+ for you guys

wr8_utd

:'(
A 36 year old in his first season in the Premier League has scored 28 despite the fact he will miss the rest of the season and many think he has wasted a hell of a lot of chances. Zlatan is an amazing player but Ronaldo is a completely different animal. He would score a bucket load for us
Zlatan has been the total and complete focal point of our game though. I don't think Ronaldo would play up top for us.I think he'd get 30-35 goals without really playing great football. Anyway, it's never going to happen so I guess it's not really worth debating.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The thing about Ronnie is he is in sufficiently good shape where he can continue doing this til he's 35-36.

ManUtd1999

Zlatan has been the total and complete focal point of our game though. I don't think Ronaldo would play up top for us.I think he'd get 30-35 goals without really playing great football. Anyway, it's never going to happen so I guess it's not really worth debating.
If he plays 45-50 games a season, he can manage 30+ goals:
3 hatricks= 9 goals
4-5 braces: 8-10 goals
15 single goals

(or something like that).

Total= 32/34 goals in 22/23 games. At worst, Ronaldo can score 0.5-0.6 goals per game (half his average with Mardid), and that would be great for us.

Last edited:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Sorry I was starting to doubt you Ronnie!

This man is a football god. Steps up when we need him the most.

Cal?

CR7 fan
"Had a shit game as usual and did nothing but score... 3 times"

From that lot. :smirk:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
3rd goal - he made that chance.
Yeah, I thought it was brilliant piece of play for that 3rd goal, he knew exactly how he was going to score at start of that attack, but neither of Atletico's player managed to read it.

Sylar

lol @ not wanting Ronaldo back. If we had him, lets be honest, most of our draws at OT would have been wins and we would be competing for the title this season. IMO, its not even questionable.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Great player. Don't care if he's arrogant. When you are that good you are allowed to be.
I would take him back in an instant.

Obiorahking_

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that he has scored more CL goals than Atletico Madrid. That doesn't make any sense.

Cal?

CR7 fan
lol @ not wanting Ronaldo back. If we had him, lets be honest, most of our draws at OT would have been wins and we would already have won the title this season. IMO, its not even questionable.
Fixed

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Thing is, I remember he didn't score his first UCL goal for a long while too.

Moby

Dick
El Rey! Just give him the crown already.

The power of pure will, determination and ruthless mental tenacity! He defines a true champion.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
In terms of their club careers then I can't agree, Ronaldo only has one La Liga title. [
Why take only the league as consideration? What about CL? is that not a club competition? Look at Ronaldo's CL stats and one can make the argument that RM's 2 CLs in 3 years is mainly due to Ronaldo's scoring prowess and influence.
Also, there's a certain kind of 'hollowness' to a Champions League triumph if the side that wins it doesn't win their domestic league too as they cannot be called the best team in Europe. The last time Real did that was in the 50s.
A double is always considered symbolic; a treble is astounding but to say a CL triumph in any way is hollow is just taking the piss. A team which has won 2 CLs in 3 years and is almost in the final of their 3rd in 4 years is considered WC level- even Barca didn't achieve this level of European glory in their heydays.

MichaelKorleone

Updated after last night

Ronaldo - 35 goals. He never scored in CL, let alone the knockouts until Roma in 2007.
Finals - 2 (Chelsea in 2008, Atletico in 2014)
Semi finals - 13 (1x Milan 2007, 2x Arsenal 2009, 2x Bayern 2012, 1x Dortmund 2013, 2x Bayern 2014, 2x Juventus 2015. 3x Atletico 2017)
Quarter finals - 20 (2x Roma 2007, 1x Roma 2008, 1x Porto 2009, 2x Spurs 2011, 2x APOEL 2012, 3x Galatasaray 2013, 1x Dortmund 2014, 3x Wolfsburg 2016, 5x Bayern 2017)

Messi - 16 goals
Finals - 2 (Man Utd in 2009 and 2011)
Semi finals - 4 (2x Real Madrid 2011, 2x Bayern Munich 2015)
Quarter finals - 10 (2x Bayern 2009, 4x Arsenal 2010, 1x Shakhtar 2011, 2x Milan 2012, 1x PSG 2013)

Just the Round of 16 stats: Ronaldo 17-16 Messi

Ronaldo - 1x Lyon 2008, 1x Inter 2009, 1x Lyon 2010, 3x CSKA 2012, 2x Man Utd 2013, 4x Schalke 2014, 3x Schalke 2015, 2x Roma 2016
Messi - 2x Celtic 2008, 1x Lyon 2009, 2x Stuttgart 2010, 2x Arsenal 2011, 6x Leverkusen 2012, 2x Milan 2013, 2x Man City 2014, 3x Arsenal 2016, 1x PSG 2017

Both have scored 9 against a single opponent. Messi vs Arsenal, Ronaldo vs Bayern Munich.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
He's so good when the team play counter attack, makes fantastic runs and always in the right place at the right time to get the goals.

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
A double is always considered symbolic; a treble is astounding but to say a CL triumph in any way is hollow is just taking the piss. A team which has won 2 CLs in 3 years and is almost in the final of their 3rd in 4 years is considered WC level- even Barca didn't achieve this level of European glory in their heydays.
I didn't claim it is flat out hollow, I said "there's a certain kind of 'hollowness" to it. This is because winning the European Cup should mean that you're the best team in Europe and you can't claim that if you don't win your own domestic league as well.

I'm not saying that it isn't a great achievement.

People saying winning the CL is hollow without the league :lol:
See above.

midnightmare

I didn't claim it is flat out hollow, I said "there's a certain kind of 'hollowness" to it. This is because winning the European Cup should mean that you're the best team in Europe and you can't claim that if you don't win your own domestic league as well.

I'm not saying that it isn't a great achievement.
Curious to know what you make of a league champion that doesn't win the domestic Cup. If you win a domestic Cup (like the FA Cup), you should by your own logic, be the best team in the land. Same for the league of course. So, err, does missing on one make the other "hollow" or "sort of hollow"?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Curious to know what you make of a league champion that doesn't win the domestic Cup. If you win a domestic Cup (like the FA Cup), you should by your own logic, be the best team in the land. Same for the league of course. So, err, does missing on one make the other "hollow" or "sort of hollow"?
Winning the domestic cup doesn't come with the title of being the best team in the land

serghei

Supports
FC Barcelona
Overall not in his best form this year, but he sure does step up when it counts most. He is an absolutely lethal finisher. Best striker I've seen in my lifetime. Left foot, right foot, headers, volleys, quick shots, his ball striking technique is impressive.

jungledrums

Good point.
I hate when people bang on about that. They're just different competitions, and at the top level the margins are so fine that often the winners are spread around. That's hardly an indictment on the winners, merely a recognition that the competition is spread. Plus, who ever said there's a rule that the best team must always win?

Status
Not open for further replies.