Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr8_utd

:'(
Let me guess, that lots thinks he did nothing but score 2 tap ins. :smirk:

Whilst you know who created all Barca's goal just by being on the pitch?
Not at all obsessed then :lol: Just admire the beauty of the finish.

wr8_utd

:'(
You lot got robbed when you sold him. Imagine if Ferguson had stuck to his guns when he said "I'd not sell that lot a virus".
Ronald would have cried and whined for another summer and left anyway. The slave needed to be freed.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Second goal tonight was unbelievable. Impossible to save.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Best portuguese football player ever, sorry Eusebio but his carrer and transformation makes him the best.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Viva Ronaldo :drool::drool:

Outstanding finish for the 2nd goal last night and his stats defy belief. Adored him when he was ours and as much as I don't like Real I still love the man, probably my favourite player ever. Come home Ronny! :devil::drool:

SirAF

Ageist

Outstanding finish for the 2nd goal last night and his stats defy belief. Adored him when he was ours and as much as I don't like Real I still love the man, probably my favourite player ever. Come home Ronny! :devil::drool:
A man after my own heart :drool:

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Best portuguese football player ever, sorry Eusebio but his carrer and transformation makes him the best.
That's no disrespect to Eusébio. He was an incredible player but what Ronaldo achieved in our NT and in top European clubs such as United and Real make him the best in our history.

Revan

Assumptionman
That's no disrespect to Eusébio. He was an incredible player but what Ronaldo achieved in our NT and in top European clubs such as United and Real make him the best in our history.
Yep. I think that he was above Eusebio even without the gold from Euros last season, but now there is absolutely no debate.

Next step: Alfredo di Stefano.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Different times. If nothing changed since Eusébio's time, Ronaldo would have to qualify Portugal for 4 team Euro's and a 16 team World Cup. Today is 24 and 32. There is a reason that before 1996, Portugal had only played one Euro and one WC and have played all since then. At club level, he would probably had stayed at Sporting and I doubt he would develop as much. Plus there was a time where only the Champions played the European Cup so Ronaldo would have play only in 2002-03, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2012-13.

If Eusébio had played today, he would stay two months at Benfica and be sold at the first offer. He would move to a bigger club from a bigger league and won more trophies and gain more recognition. I would rate Eusébio as the best of his era, and Ronaldo the best of this.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Different times. If nothing changed since Eusébio's time, Ronaldo would have to qualify Portugal for 4 team Euro's and a 16 team World Cup. Today is 24 and 32. There is a reason that before 1996, Portugal had only played one Euro and one WC and have played all since then. At club level, he would probably had stayed at Sporting and I doubt he would develop as much. Plus there was a time where only the Champions played the European Cup so Ronaldo would have play only in 2002-03, 2007-08, 2008-09 and 2012-13.

If Eusébio had played today, he would stay two months at Benfica and be sold at the first offer. He would move to a bigger club from a bigger league and won more trophies and gain more recognition. I would rate Eusébio as the best of his era, and Ronaldo the best of this.
Nothing like downplaying Ronaldo's achievements and trying to elevate Eusébio. We qualified to ONE tournament with Eusébio, ONE. You can't say he didn't have a good support cast, unless you want to downplay your own club greats. All the players in that era had the same conditions in their respective countries but we only managed to qualify once. He was incredible but still he could only manage one qualifcation. Ronaldo had crucial role in almost all qualifications as well. It's not just a matter of being easier to qualify. It's how you perform there are well. Eusébio undoubtly lead us to the 3rd spot but in the WC66 (who can forget his performance against North Korea) but in the Ronaldo era we have, one European championship, one Euro final, one world cup semi (finishing 4th), one European semi final. It's facts you can't argue against.

But i don't even have to focus on this. We can focus on his club career. Although Eusébio can't be blamed for spending almost his entire career at Benfica due to Salazar interference, the fact is Ronaldo's career is much more impressive in his achievements because he did it in better leagues and clubs. And he did it by being undisputed best player in giants like Real Madrid and United, where you play against top level opponents and not Juventude de Évora, CUF or Barreirense and the occasional tough game against Sporting and Porto. Also i would argue (although you have a point in what concerns the format of the competitions) it's harder to win the CL than the European cup.

His scoring record, the awards he won, the records he broke make him the superior player no doubt. I know you benfiquistas can't admit that but Ronaldo is the best player in our country history. I don't blame you though. If Eusébio did the same at Sporting, i'd put him at top as well. It's an emotional thing.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

Sorry you are in the wrong forum, this is not Ser Benfiquista where everything related to Benfica is above the Universe, Ronaldo is the best portuguese player ever, Eusebio second.

Treble

8 seasons, 400 goals.

He's averaged 50 goals per season despite being injured 2-3 months in the first season and missing the start of this season. The most consistent goalscorer in history.

Redondo_Pirri

Supports
Real Madrid
8 seasons, 400 goals.

He's averaged 50 goals per season despite being injured 2-3 months in the first season and missing the start of this season. The most consistent goalscorer in history.
He has 37 this season as well for Real Madrid in just 43 appearances. With international goals I think it's at 47 for the season in 48 appearances. So he still has a chance for the 50 in that regard.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Every time he scores we hear of another record he's matched/broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.