Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Got my popcorn ready. Let the meltdown get in full flow. As soon as I read the news, I rushed to this thread.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The problem I have is that the other incident isn't even considered. Makes no sense not to punish him for that too.
If they'd punished Diego Costa (for example) from video evidence he'd never have played two weeks running. It's not that unusual to see the disciplinary panel stick with the ref's report, just like in England.

The thing that intrigues me is that if Ronaldo had been given a 3 match ban (it always looked like either 2 or 3 games) he would have been suspended on his birthday for the third time since he arrived at Madrid. Something in that air at this time of year perhaps. :smirk:

The Madrid press, predictably enough, say he's depressed about breaking up with his girlfriend and easy to wind up. The Barca press say the knee treatment he had done at Christmas didn't work because he played again too soon.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
If they'd punished Diego Costa (for example) from video evidence he'd never have played two weeks running. It's not that unusual to see the disciplinary panel stick with the ref's report, just like in England.

The thing that intrigues me is that if Ronaldo had been given a 3 match ban (it always looked like either 2 or 3 games) he would have been suspended on his birthday for the third time since he arrived at Madrid. Something in that air at this time of year perhaps. :smirk:

The Madrid press, predictably enough, say he's depressed about breaking up with his girlfriend and easy to wind up. The Barca press say the knee treatment he had done at Christmas didn't work because he played again too soon.
Yeah, that's true about Diego Costa. I did learn last season that they treat incidents that way - either because I didn't pay enough attention before or because Diego Costa did something stupid so often! It's not something I agree with though. You sure it's like that in England? I thought that if something wasn't mentioned in a referee's report then the FA were more likely to take action...

But anyway, I don't think Simeone will complain about it. You'd expect someone like Simeone to constantly be pressuring for decisions but he's good for refusing to talk about things like this in public.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He got a 2 match ban for a punch? Haven't seen this incident.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Got my popcorn ready. Let the meltdown get in full flow. As soon as I read the news, I rushed to this thread.
Meltdown??

Two games (which is basically a game per punch and he got the kick for free) is too little imo, but it was predictable. What do you think?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Bebe's comments on him:

“I know Cristiano from our time at Manchester United. He is a good friend and good person.

“He is the best ever and what happened could have happened to anyone at such a tense moment in the game.”

He should get the memo that Ronaldo left a year before he came to United. Probably confused him with someone else? :lol:
:lol:

It doesn't read exactly like that in the original Spanish version. Also doubt Bebe speaks Spanish, so it's in itself most likely a translation of him speaking Portuguese.

It could be interpreted as such, but it may also be that he means his own stay at United allowed him to get to know Ronaldo. Perhaps Ronaldo visited, or perhaps that common stage of their careers prompted conversations between both at the NT or in private. A more literal translation could be "I know Ronaldo from [my?] stage at United". Doesn't necessarily mean they played together, but rather that him being a United player allowed him to know and befriend Ronaldo.

Most probably whoever translated it thought they played together and hence interpreted it like that.

Last edited:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Such an outrageous decision yet not a shock at all. I've always wondered what it'd be like to support the establishment club. Must be good.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Meltdown??

Two games (which is basically a game per punch and he got the kick for free) is too little imo, but it was predictable. What do you think?
He probably thinks Ronaldo did nothing wrong and that he should be rewarded for kicking that player. That's how we roll in Ronaldo's world. People who think Ronaldo should be fined for punching players are those who are wrong.

Last edited:

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Meltdown??

3 games was right. The way big clubs get preferential treatment, it is hardly surprising it got reduced.

I am more amused about people like Amar though whose obsessive posts about Ronaldo and those who like Ronaldo makes hilarious reading. Watch him twist his knickers further now.

Last edited:

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
3 games was right. The way big clubs get preferential treatment, it is hardly surprising it got reduced.

I am more amused about people like Amar though whose obsessive posts about Ronaldo and those who like Ronaldo makes hilarious reading. Watch him twist his knickers further now.
My post isn't about Ronaldo, it's about Real Madrid.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Mendes and Cristiano are a match made in heaven, bellends.

SirAF

Ageist
He's just turned thirty! F*cking hell, that makes me feel old. :nervous:
Indeed, seems like yesterday I saw the spotty lad make his debut for us. Rewinded and watched those 30 minutes over and over back then :D

Sam

He's 30?! :eek:

fecking hell where has the time gone?

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
30, wow. Seems like only a few years ago he was the scrawny teen showing a bit of promise.

Anyone some nice quotes in honour of his birthday

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
What they can do in that other thread of the one we don't talk about we can do better, am I right guys? :p

Roman Bellic

Prick
I certainly won't be laughing when he turns around and scores a hat-trick in his next game, he is Ronaldo after all

Enigma_87

You know who
If he wasn't a big name and a big brand, he'd got 0 mins television time today as well. Completely nullified.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
I like @SirAF , as much as he likes Ronaldo he isn't your typical arrogant cafe's Ronaldo fan who hates everyone who says something against Ronaldo. The man just likes Ronaldo, little bit too much, but he is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.