Cristiano Ronaldo - Performances (wums will be thread banned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
That was pathetic from Ronaldo, he knows he's going to get targeted every game, whether it's verbally by insults or physically by crazy tackles.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
The player he 'hit' should be banned for even longer than Ronaldo. What a fecking baby.
He was kicked and punched/slapped in the face, what do you want him to do? Let it go unnoticed and unpunished like the first player Ronaldo punched in the game?

Skorenzy

I'm sorry but that guy is clearly trying to bite his hand.
Edimar was clearly just using Cristiano's hand to blow his nose.

On a serious note, his timing could hardly have been worse. If he gets a 3-match ban he'll miss Real Sociedad (H), Sevilla (H) and Atlético (A)... I'd still fancy you guys to win the first two, but it's certainly not as clear cut anymore (although Moyes so far hasn't shown anything remotely close to a good away performance and Émery's away record to the big two is also quite poor). The derby will be extremely interesting anyway.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
He was kicked and punched/slapped in the face, what do you want him to do? Let it go unnoticed and unpunished like the first player Ronaldo punched in the game?
That would be nice, really. Also, could bring the incident to ref's attention some other way.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That would be nice, really. Also, could bring the incident to ref's attention some other way.
Who cares though? What really matters is the offense and its punishment.

Most players react that way now. Ronaldo would.

Skorenzy

Suarez career red cards: 1
Ronaldo career red cards: 9
Still a no-contest to the guy that has been banned for several months on at least 3 different occasions, for 3 different teams each time as well...

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Who cares though? What really matters is the offense and its punishment.

Most players react that way now. Ronaldo would.
Who cares? Obviously I do, probably some others too. And I know that most players would react that way, I know that most players are embarrassing, diving, simulating twats. And that's sad.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Suarez career red cards: 1
Ronaldo career red cards: 9
Tbf Suarez got away with at least 10 red cards just in his last two seasons in England, for some reason referees were avoiding giving him second yellow even though he was on one yellow in majority of games.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Tbf Suarez got away with at least 10 red cards just in his last two seasons in England, for some reason referees were avoiding giving him second yellow even though he was on one yellow in majority of games.
As did Cristiano in his last season in England ;)

Not that he's as bad, Suárez is obviously worse.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
The refereeing panel can ask the ref if he wants to reopen his report (having seen the video) and he can change it.

If the ref doesn't change his report and Cordoba don't complain (Cordoba won't complain and the player he hit has already said, "these things happen, it's no big deal") then the disciplinary panel are unlikely to change the charge. Basically it's a hitting out without intent to injure charge.

The standard for the offence as described by the ref is probably two matches. The panel may up it to three if they review the whole incident, but it's unlikely to go higher than three even if they include the earlier offence.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
So he'll be back for Atlético then. Typical, the amount he gets off with is ridiculous.

Jaytay

Ronaldo has always had a bit of a temper similar to Robin van Persie. You don't see it most of the time but they can both blow up.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Bebe's comments on him:

“I know Cristiano from our time at Manchester United. He is a good friend and good person.

“He is the best ever and what happened could have happened to anyone at such a tense moment in the game.”

He should get the memo that Ronaldo left a year before he came to United. Probably confused him with someone else? :lol:

PvsNP

Bebe's comments on him:

“I know Cristiano from our time at Manchester United. He is a good friend and good person.

“He is the best ever and what happened could have happened to anyone at such a tense moment in the game.”

He should get the memo that Ronaldo left a year before he came to United. Probably confused him with someone else? :lol:
:lol:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They probably told Bebe that Nani is Ronaldo and he believed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Bebe's comments on him:

They probably told Bebe that Nani is Ronaldo and he believed.

SirAF

Ageist

wtf Bebe :lol:

Raul Madrid

This year Ronaldo's not be the same (he kind of sucks) and I can see a Russian connection......
He was the same in December too. I would put his form down to Madrid playing poorly as a team (due to Modric's injury) and his knee has being giving him problems again also.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bebe's comments on him:

FFS :lol:

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He was the same in December too. I would put his form down to Madrid playing poorly as a team (due to Modric's injury) and his knee has being giving him problems again also.
Probably right. He was the same last season too, dipped around this time - I can't remember if there were any key absentees but his knee was giving him bother then too.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Is Bebe actually a real person? How can he come up with stuff like that?

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
I imagine he has bumped into him through them Both playing for United rather than both playing at the same time.

Revan

Assumptionman
So he'll be back for Atlético then. Typical, the amount he gets off with is ridiculous.
I don't think that it requires more than 2-6 games punishment. Saying that, he can't complain whatever punishment he get, it was totally his fault. And yes, I agree with you that he acted like a dick in his last season here. Could have had another few reds that season (although the red against City was a complete joke).

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Bebe's comments on him:

Love that.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Apparently his conduct was 'not violent', hence just 2 match ban.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Only banned for 2 matches. What a farce.
Told ya. Typical Real Madrid bullshit, I remember Ramos not getting bans at all(canceling the red card) few times, somehow they just sweep it in under the carpet and no one talks about it again. I am surprised he got even two games, they'll probably reward them with few penalties in next few games.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Standard punishment for the offence as described by the ref - which is basically no intent to injure.

The panel didn't use any additional video evidence, though with the 57 camera angles and still photos assembled since then the build-up to the incident is a bit more obvious now. In the end it looks like they decided to just go with the ref.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Standard punishment for the offence as described by the ref - which is basically no intent to injure.

The panel didn't use any additional video evidence, though with the 57 camera angles and still photos assembled since then the build-up to the incident is a bit more obvious now. In the end it looks like they decided to just go with the ref.
The problem I have is that the other incident isn't even considered. Makes no sense not to punish him for that too.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons

And they decided to ignore the other punch that happened before that one.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Bebe's comments on him:

Status
Not open for further replies.