g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Cristiano Ronaldo | Real confirm deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

covlee junior

I dont care man. I have enough see ramos and cr7 using us to raise their salary. Both can go feck themselves

haram

No one else is going to pay that sort of wage for him either.

lewwoo

Wouldnt want him back. It would be like your wife running off with a handsome Spanish waiter at 20 then coming crawling back at 40 when he has had enough of her.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Wouldnt want him back. It would be like your wife running off with a handsome Spanish waiter at 20 then coming crawling back at 40 when he has had enough of her.
:nono:

Big Dave
Double D - Bailly - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Fred - Pogba
Ronaldo - Lukaku - Alexis​

:drool:

StillPlayingFooty

Supports
Liverpool FC
Oh Ronnie. This is like a good sitcom that makes you laugh couple of times at first at the same gag, but becomes tedious and cringe-worthy fast after that.

And then people wonder why Zidane jumped ship when he was winning if this is the type of manure he had to handle. Ronnie being the primadonna supremo, but there are others like him in the squad too.

I really, really hope Perez calls CR7's bluff on this. The guy is marketable, but sooner or later the old beauties find out all people age and become wrinkled.

Toad

I might try this with my job, threaten to leave if they don’t pay my taxes. Is this a good idea?

MadMike

:nono:

Big Dave
Double D - Bailly - Alderweireld - Sandro
Matic
Fred - Pogba
Ronaldo - Lukaku - Alexis​

:drool:
Couldn’t care less what anyone says about cost, age or fitting in our system. I’d take Ronaldo back in a heart beat!
To each their own but I probably wouldn’t take him even if he wanted to come and play here for free.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I might try this with my job, threaten to leave if they don’t pay my taxes. Is this a good idea?
Would be a good idea to read into the case before you just assume this is what’s going on here and also, if you’re as good as Cristiano is at his job then I’d give it a go

EyeInTheSky

We should have a barometer for the levels of irreversible unhappiness for Ronaldo. How else can we keep track of it? Like a weather warning or pollen count. "Today the Ronaldo tear count is in the orange zone, however, this , will fluctuate during the day depending on tax levels"

Trizy

1. Ronaldo can feck off. He's in decline.
2. He wouldn't score as many goals for us we don't create as much.
3. Unless he wanted to play RW, there is no room for him.
4. However, he couldn't be worse than current Sanchez :rolleyes:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
What is he going to do if they refuse to increase his wages and refuse to sell him?

Play poorly on purpose? Cant see that happening.

I think Madrid are desperate for Neymar and would rather pay those sort of wages to him than an aging Ronaldo, and rightly so.

Toad

Would be a good idea to read into the case before you just assume this is what’s going on here and also, if you’re as good as Cristiano is at his job then I’d give it a go
Thanks for the advice. I gave it ago purely based on your direction, I am now standing outside the job centre. Thanks for nothing.

clarkydaz

We should have a barometer for the levels of irreversible unhappiness for Ronaldo. How else can we keep track of it? Like a weather warning or pollen count. "Today the Ronaldo tear count is in the orange zone, however, this , will fluctuate during the day depending on tax levels"
The CR7 irreversometer :D

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
if tomorrow he signs the contract fans will forget in a few days. New project, signings and an interview in Marca saying that he never wanted to go and people will understand, because they appreciate him, but right now I think the vast majority of Madridistas (at least those that I know) would sell him.
There is enough tiredness and fatigue with the attitude every summer. He makes some controversial statements, cover in a Portuguese newspaper saying that he is leaving and a month out of Madrid without statements, to leave everyone in suspense. Every day I read more a famous phrase of Santiago Bernabéu "who does not want to be in Madrid knows where the door is" .
With the extras he could earn about 27 million per season, which seems reasonable to me, as it would seem reasonable that the agents of Ramos, Kroos, Marcelo, Isco or Casemiro appear tomorrow at the club offices asking for a new contract.

midnightmare

if tomorrow he signs the contract fans will forget in a few days. New project, signings and an interview in Marca saying that he never wanted to go and people will understand, because they appreciate him, but right now I think the vast majority of Madridistas (at least those that I know) would sell him.
There is enough tiredness and fatigue with the attitude every summer. He makes some controversial statements, cover in a Portuguese newspaper saying that he is leaving and a month out of Madrid without statements, to leave everyone in suspense. Every day I read more a famous phrase of Santiago Bernabéu "who does not want to be in Madrid knows where the door is" .
With the extras he could earn about 27 million per season, which seems reasonable to me, as it would seem reasonable that the agents of Ramos, Kroos, Marcelo, Isco or Casemiro appear tomorrow at the club offices asking for a new contract.
I think the issue boils down to where CR7 sees this in the pecking order. The way he sees it, I believe is that he's the main man behind 3 consecutive CL wins (and 4 in 5 years). No CR7, fewer titles, for sure. All this when also beating Messi to these as well as beating him to BdOs. Yet, Messi is paid a huge swathe more. Adding to this, the rumour is that Atleti are offering Griezmann 23 Mn a season - which isn't far below the 25 Mn CR is being offered. You can cite age and potential decline, but his view seems to be that the club "owes" him more and that he's worth a lot more. He definitely doesn't feel he's declining - and would point towards all the naysayers the past two seasons who've ended up with egg in their faces.

For the record - I am not contending that he's right. That said, it's a fact that he's probably done more for RM than Messi for Barca and yet, Messi is paid a huge slice more.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's simple economics. It doesn't make sense for Madrid to give him Messi wages. The odds are stacked firmly against Ronaldo in this instance.
Except he wants to go to China and I diubd anyone there could even afford him with the crackdown going on.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I understand where he comes from, and i don't think he's wrong. BUT

Messi's current deal(€50M guaranteed, plus bonuses, per year after tax) runs until 2021...when Messi will be 33. Cristiano is 33 right now

And i know Cristiano is asking for considerably less than that(€30m a year after tax guaranteed), but he's still 33 and is basically asking for €90m guaranteed until the age of 36...that's a hit of more than €180m over 3 years for the club

So yeah, i understand Cristiano, but i also fully understand the club for structuring the offer the way they did

And then between the tax evasion case and the way he's gone about pushing for the new contract these past two summers, but especially this year....sorry but i'm with Flo in this case.

I dunno, maybe we could try restructuring the deal in such a way that we could all get what we want. Somehing like giving him €50m for this season, then €10m for each of the next two years plus another €20m total in bonuses...

But i don't think he'd take that either

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
I think that CR plays his cards at the end of the season to get more money on his contract.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I think he should go to PSG personally.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Messi doesn't hold the most goals and assists in the history of CL and doesn't have 5 CL's and didn't also destroy the EPL. Keep coping.

Ronaldo the GOAT and balon d'or #6 coming up.
Yeah he'd struggle in the Premier League, definitely :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're not going to win the CL without the greatest player of all time.
Who can forget Cristiano's performance for Barcelona in 14/15. Or his domination with Bayern in 12/13. Or his all-time, supernova-like explosion as a 9 year old for Milan, single-handedly dismantling Cruyff and his philosophy

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I'd be devastated too if I only earned 20m a year.

The nerve from us to offer him a new deal for a measly 27m a year. It's a feckin insult if I'm honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.